Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

I am looking forward to a couple of 14 hour flights soon. In preparation I have bought a game pad (one of those not-playstation ones) that works with mobile. It works pretty well with some racing games. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with good controller compatible games for android, not really limited to any genre. I am using an s7 edge so hopefully that means I can run anything out on the market comfortably. Thank you.

GTA III and its subtitles fit the bill, if you like the series. I had originally tried to get through GTA III with touchscreen controls and got pretty far until I hit a sniper segment that just wasn't possible. I'm going through it again now I have a decent controller and while I haven't hit that segment yet, everything feels better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

mrEkli posted:

Just learned that the Quest was ported to Android. Picked it up since I loved it on iOS. Great turn based RPG that's kinda like The Elder Scrolls in your pocket.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.redshift.thequest

This looks dangerous for my productivity..

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
I am just starting Sky Force Reloaded, my friend code is 51 64 31 82. I'll have time to go back a few pages and add folks in a little bit.

Nemico
Sep 23, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I just posted in the Steam thread that FreeCell Quest is 75% off right now, making it dirt cheap, and I wonder; Is there anything like that on the Play store? I have that FreeCell game by Softick, but I'd love to see Noodlecake's take on it. Sadly, their card game isn't quite the same thing (I forget the name).

I need more FreeCell in my life :ohdear:

Well, there is this game that might be close enough :v:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Nemico posted:

Well, there is this game that might be close enough :v:

Wow, what the hell? This never came up in my searches, and it's compatible with my phone, so... yeah, I don't know. Yes, that definitely works. Thanks! :psyduck:

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"
Is anyone playing Burrito Bison? It's that same old game a bunch of us probably played on Kongregate back in the day, though I think this version is more expanded. It's basically the perfect pooping game.

The Muffinlord
Mar 3, 2007

newbid stupie?

thehoodie posted:

Is anyone playing Burrito Bison? It's that same old game a bunch of us probably played on Kongregate back in the day, though I think this version is more expanded. It's basically the perfect pooping game.

Well, I am now.

jackchaos
Aug 6, 2008

The Muffinlord posted:

Well, I am now.

This and Spys Vs Theives

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

jackchaos posted:

This and Spys Vs Theives

Do we have a cartel for SA?

jackchaos
Aug 6, 2008

Zander13 posted:

Do we have a cartel for SA?

Not that I know of? Unless someone started one.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Watch me pull my dongle out of this tiny box

Burrito Bison is fun as poo poo. Not sure on the cake mechanic, though. Am I supposed to do something specific, or is it about maintaining speed?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

AlexDeGruven posted:

Burrito Bison is fun as poo poo. Not sure on the cake mechanic, though. Am I supposed to do something specific, or is it about maintaining speed?

Eventually you unlock a thing that makes breaking the wall and eating cake easier but it still feels like a roadblock to me.

Upgrades seem unnecessarily expensive as well.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

jackchaos posted:

This and Spys Vs Theives

Can someone link this? Can't find it searching the market

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Can someone link this? Can't find it searching the market

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.foglo.svt

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Wow, The Quest does not hold you hand at all, huh. I'm getting the living poo poo kicked out of me by the first group of bandits I find.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
A port of Jade Empire is out now on the Play Store. I loved the game on Xbox so I'm pretty excited for this.

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

mrkillboy posted:

A port of Jade Empire is out now on the Play Store. I loved the game on Xbox so I'm pretty excited for this.

It's just not the same without the PC special edition steelbook case that says "Jade Emipre" on the spine in a fancy font.

Veib fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 15, 2016

Big Ink
Jun 26, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

I made a cartel "GoonShot"

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Big Ink posted:

I'm in the moment I'm not at my desk working

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Millennial Sexlord posted:

Wow, The Quest does not hold you hand at all, huh. I'm getting the living poo poo kicked out of me by the first group of bandits I find.

We took drastically different paths. I fought a lone archer in the woods beside town and found a tree stump cave full of bats and a little girl with the portrait of a grown woman looking for a mirror.

Zander13
Apr 6, 2011

Big Ink posted:

What's the Cartel ID number?

NVM, I found it.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
The Quest: Up to level three. Stabbed some outlaw to death and got a mace, then "rescued" the guy's wife and killed the bandit leader for a better mace. Cured the sickness in town, too. It's pretty neat so far! I might start over and pick heavy armor over light if I start getting beat up when things ramp up, but haven't had much trouble so far with a few bits of armor I bought at the tailor. Is there a way to avoid the spear traps on the ground in dungeons? I tried tapping them and didn't get a disarm option or anything like that, but did for a trapped door.

Skyforce Reloaded: I am awful. Finally got the magnet. I have enough stars to buy any one of the additional weapons now; what ones are best to grab early? I have a few levels of shield, main weapon, and magnet.

Gooch181 fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Nov 16, 2016

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Lumines Puzzle & Music now has IAP.
$6.99 for the Sekai no Owari album in Canada.

Not worth it. $6.99 for 6 new songs to play on. Glad I got the game for free using Google Survey dollars. When an album costs more than the actual game, that's a bit extreme.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
What the gently caress kind of album name is that?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

:japan:

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Gooch181 posted:

The Quest: Up to level three. Stabbed some outlaw to death and got a mace, then "rescued" the guy's wife and killed the bandit leader for a better mace. Cured the sickness in town, too. It's pretty neat so far! I might start over and pick heavy armor over light if I start getting beat up when things ramp up, but haven't had much trouble so far with a few bits of armor I bought at the tailor. Is there a way to avoid the spear traps on the ground in dungeons? I tried tapping them and didn't get a disarm option or anything like that, but did for a trapped door.

Skyforce Reloaded: I am awful. Finally got the magnet. I have enough stars to buy any one of the additional weapons now; what ones are best to grab early? I have a few levels of shield, main weapon, and magnet.

Prioritize main weapon always. Other than that I'd say most upgrades are about equally strong. The "extras" at the bottom may seem annoying because you have to spend money to use them, but once you unlock them they're going to drop from crates and enemies, and they can be really strong.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

What the gently caress kind of album name is that?

It's a light novel / anime title

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
Thought I had fully upgraded my main cannon and health in Skyforce but there are multiple bars for each upgrade, hot drat!

I have 4* mission 1 and 2 and completed 3; I keep trying to rescue the prisoners on stage 3 but i seem to miss a single one every time. This game is really drat good.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

New Leaf posted:

We took drastically different paths. I fought a lone archer in the woods beside town and found a tree stump cave full of bats and a little girl with the portrait of a grown woman looking for a mirror.

I figured out the secret. Be a battlemage and curb stomp everything.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Gooch181 posted:

Thought I had fully upgraded my main cannon and health in Skyforce but there are multiple bars for each upgrade, hot drat!
Some of them go up to like six bars.

Gooch181
Jan 1, 2008

The Gooch
PSA to other Skyforce Reloaded newbs: If you download the old skyforce and play a mission, then open Reloaded back up, you get a free plane that has +10% main weapon damage.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

I decided to grab Skyforce.
31 66 03 61

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Gooch181 posted:

PSA to other Skyforce Reloaded newbs: If you download the old skyforce and play a mission, then open Reloaded back up, you get a free plane that has +10% main weapon damage.

Link for reference.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Got a golden card that drops upgrade prices by 10%. Is this permanent?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Yes, all the cards are permanent, unless they're temporal cards on a timer. I really like the new radar addition too, which lets you scout for cards.
I must emphasize that if you end up liking the game, the 2 dollar star doubler is very recommended and well worth it. The upgrades get quite expensive later on and every other patch increases the upgrade tiers, so you'll need a lot of them stars.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Gooch181 posted:

Or, like me, you can get it completely randomly when starting the game despite never having played the first.

As a matter of fact, there have been a couple times where the game has sort of glitched in my favour. Weird.

Re: Burrito Bison - upgrades are a little pricey, but considering you can get a few pinatas every three hours (and by that I mean it's at set times, not three hours since the last time you opened it), you start to get a lot of income after a while. I'm typically buying something every few runs.

Morpheus fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Nov 17, 2016

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

Morpheus posted:

Re: Burrito Bison - upgrades are a little pricey, but considering you can get a few pinatas every three hours (and by that I mean it's at set times, not three hours since the last time you opened it), you start to get a lot of income after a while. I'm typically buying something every few runs.

Caught a flash-sale for no-ads this morning and burned some rewards credits. Much better experience now, especially since some of the ads were the stupid minigame bullshit that drives me loving mad.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

AlexDeGruven posted:

Caught a flash-sale for no-ads this morning and burned some rewards credits. Much better experience now, especially since some of the ads were the stupid minigame bullshit that drives me loving mad.

Regarding the minigame ads, I don't think I've ever run across one that you HAVE to play. Every game that I've seen using those either has a countdown timer from 30 seconds, or the "X" to close it pops up after a certain amount of time. Maybe I'm just lucky, but hopefully that helps someone who might not notice they're more or less just typical ads.

AlexDeGruven
Jun 29, 2007

sleepwalkers posted:

Regarding the minigame ads, I don't think I've ever run across one that you HAVE to play. Every game that I've seen using those either has a countdown timer from 30 seconds, or the "X" to close it pops up after a certain amount of time. Maybe I'm just lucky, but hopefully that helps someone who might not notice they're more or less just typical ads.

In this set in particular, I haven't seen the x pop up until after I had done at least 3 things in-game. What you're describing is what I see in Futurama: Game of Drones, and I don't mind that as much.

Irrelevant now, however.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

AlexDeGruven posted:

In this set in particular, I haven't seen the x pop up until after I had done at least 3 things in-game. What you're describing is what I see in Futurama: Game of Drones, and I don't mind that as much.

Irrelevant now, however.

Yeah the lovely ones for Game of War or Mobile Defense have a 30-second timer. It's tiny, but in the bottom left.

Just an FYI to others.

I kind of prefer those, since they have obnoxious sounds or whatever that play over my podcasts/music.