Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Fauxtool posted:

thought of you haier. I love his stonefaced reaction

I have never had a public proposal, but I have had many private and or business-negotiation proposals. I feel sorry for that guy. He had to choose Face over his own happiness. Maybe he liked her, but I feel like anyone would probably be pretty pissed to have a kanrenao crowd appear for a public proposal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Fauxtool posted:

JaucheCharly posted:

TFW she turned 27 while you were away.

That man got ambushed so badly.

Does he lose face if decides to bail and tells her tough poo poo, or does she?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Something I see a lot:

I'm the scrawny/obese security guard wearing all green camouflage non-military-style clothing that doesn't fit.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

nickmeister posted:

It's behind a paywall.

WSJ lifehack: Google the article name and you'll get the full article

cnut
May 3, 2016

Fauxtool posted:

It was nice of her to wear black to his funeral.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

I have so many questions. Did he just get off a bus and was suddenly ambushed by this swarm? where'd the microphone come from? did she just hand him her purse and say "hold this, I gotta do something"?
soooo many inscrutable questions..

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

quote:

His mother, Yang Bin, asked before he deployed if the work would be dangerous. “China is so powerful, who can bully us Chinese people?” her son replied, she recalled as she sat on a threadbare sofa in her rundown concrete home. “So our minds were set at ease.”

And there was a terrible irony: According to several U.N. officials, Cpl. Li may have been killed by a Chinese-made weapon, the likes of which China has sold to developing countries including South Sudan for years under its export-driven economic policy.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Literally hoisted by their own petards.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Facts unclear. Did someone kill him with a Chinese made weapon, or did a Chinese made weapon kill him?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
“China is so powerful, who can bully us Chinese people?”
Words. Colors. Flags. Songs. Pictures. The Internet. Themselves. The ocean. Animals. History. Foreign nations. Etc.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

Haier posted:

“China is so powerful, who can bully us Chinese people?”
Words. Colors. Flags. Songs. Pictures. The Internet. Themselves. The ocean. Animals. History. Foreign nations. Etc.

Basic mathematical and systematic concepts.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Literally a bunch of dudes in bathing shoes with rusty AKs and WW2 antiquities.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

JaucheCharly posted:

Literally a bunch of dudes in bathing shoes with rusty AKs and WW2 antiquities modern Chinese weaponry.

FTFY. You don't want to hurt the feelings of the Chinese people.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
If you think of China as a safe space for feelings, they are way ahead of their time

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

If you think of China as a safe space for feelings, they are way ahead of their time

China is what would happen if Brooklyn contained 1.3 billion people.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Alt-right pamphlets come to Richmond targeting Chinese people

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

I thought the alt-right had a hard on of sorts (a semi?) for China/ese

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Not in the most Chinese city in Canada.

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

fish and chips and dip posted:

I thought the alt-right had a hard on of sorts (a semi?) for China/ese
The alt-right has a hard on for Chinese characteristics. They like the hard-line authoritarian, dissent-crushing, minority marginalizing bits.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Back in the Stormfront threads I remember a lot of white supremacists considered East Asians to be like honorary whites and were okay with them.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I thought Chinese people built BC, or was that just the railroads?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Grand Fromage posted:

Back in the Stormfront threads I remember a lot of white supremacists considered East Asians to be like honorary whites and were okay with them.

well, as long as they weren't living where they were

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mameluke posted:

I thought Chinese people built BC, or was that just the railroads?

BC has always had a significant Chinese population, and a significant history of being racist as hell to them.

Richmond was mostly white and Japanese until the 1980's. Since then it has taken in over 80,000 Chinese immigrants, mostly from Hong Kong.

Nucken Futz
Oct 30, 2010

by Reene

McGavin posted:

BC has always had a significant Chinese population, and a significant history of being racist as hell to them.

Richmond was mostly white and Japanese until the 1980's. Since then it has taken in over 80,000 Chinese immigrants, mostly from Hong Kong.

The way I understood it, the prefered destination for those 80K was solely based on the name - Richmond

Baller feng shui I guess

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Khorne
May 1, 2002
That girl looks 9 no joke, and that isn't a discriminatory thing against asians she literally has the face of a third grade girl from when I was in third grade.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
She has the expression and facial spacing of a Newfoundland dog

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Fauxtool posted:

She has the expression and facial spacing of a Newfoundland dog

you are what you eat

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Khorne posted:

That girl looks 9 no joke, and that isn't a discriminatory thing against asians she literally has the face of a third grade girl from when I was in third grade.

yeah she all woman tho

simplefish posted:

you are what you eat

nicely done

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer

Nucken Futz posted:

The way I understood it, the prefered destination for those 80K was solely based on the name - Richmond

Baller feng shui I guess

It was near the airport and land was cheap. Then it blossomed into a Chinese community

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
As a white person in Hong Kong I continue to enjoy the fruits of Chinese labour organised under a thin upper crust of Brits

not rich tho

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
People first moved to NYC and Toronto but the flight takes too long and the weather there is terrible.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Apparently some things never change:

THE HEATHEN CHINEE IN BRITISH COLUMBIA

HEATHEN CHINEE: "Why you send me offee?"
AMOR DE COSMOS (The Love of the World or the Lover of Mankind): "Because you can't or won't "assimilate" with us".
HEATHEN CHINEE: "What is datee?"
AMOR DE COSMOS (second Premier of British Columbia): "You won't drink whiskey, and talk politics and vote like us".

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
That feeling when you buy yourself an ice cream cone and are enjoying it and arrive at the crosswalk and your bouts with PTSD (Post Traumatic Sneeze Distress) causes you to scarf it down as fast as possible in fear of some redneck purposely sneezing on it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Haier posted:

That feeling when you buy yourself an ice cream cone and are enjoying it and arrive at the crosswalk and your bouts with PTSD (Post Traumatic Sneeze Distress) causes you to scarf it down as fast as possible in fear of some redneck purposely sneezing on it.

Ask them to stick a little paper cocktail umbrella on it.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Super typhoon hitting Taiwan a few months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm04D_YlOPE

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
WHY SHE GOTTA LOOK AT ME LIKE THAT?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Haier has a blog?

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

do the inscrutable orientals not have autocorrect or something

Adbot