Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

cams posted:

gemberling is also good for sometimes just literally sighing in exasperation at something scott said and responding with a slow, measured response that resembles "sure, i guess what you said is funny."

The live Hollywood Handbook with Gemberling was just 100% this. It's amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
It's good to hear there's some push back against Scott's "pimp everyone into his every random whim" style of improv. Haven't been able to listen to CBB in years because of that one-note gimmick that I'm sure is still the norm for the show.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
Look who showed up on the CBB TV-show!

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

and yet he himself does not even own a television

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Very cool for Lauren
https://twitter.com/WildHorsesShow/status/798315745549500420

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
And to think it all started when a little ol Zsinjeh got picked to be her manager as a pro-user treat from Hollywood Handbook

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Another hot scoop about the human rights abuses at the Howl podcasting factory in today's Hollywood Handbook.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I felt Hayes and Sean played a bit too hard on this ep

*Ding*

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Missionary Positron posted:

Another hot scoop about the human rights abuses at the Howl podcasting factory in today's Hollywood Handbook.

I loss mouth in screaming accident.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like that Wladyslaw pronounces it as hell factory

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Opinions are like a$$holes....everyone has one....but mines the best!!!
Hollywood Handbook has exceeded the boundries of podcasting. I can't wait for Tuesday and the new episodes. There probably isn't a single episode where I didn't get several good laughies. I'm currently relistening to all the episodes. Funny to listen to the Reality Show Show after discovering HH. It took a few episodes for the guys to gain their stride....but there was some comedy gold there as well. From the first episode to the last.....you could hear the show turning into HH.

I4H is typically pretty good. It's always going to be hit or miss.....but it's worth waiting through the flops to get to the gems. Bringing on guests (some better than others) at random and riffing with them isn't an easy task......but Besser is a pro at letting the skits develop and pull them back on track if it's not working. Like most.....the musical episodes are mostly a drag and when he goes on political rants it completely derails the show.

I was hoping for better on the Hannibal Burress podcast. I've only listened to a couple of episodes and cannot get into it. His stand-up is great and his cadence really gets me. The show just isn't interesting. I'll probably stick with it until they get few of the kinks out.

CBB....never got into it. Don't know why.....because it seems to have a decent following.

HDTGM I listened to for a while....but if they aren't talking about a movie that I've seen.....it's usually a boring listen.

Not Earwolf related....but I recently stumbled upon Super Ego. It's super wierd....but it's got a neat premise. Several of the skits had me laughing my whole butt off.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

Oh, and I'm caught up on HH and I4h.....but if anyone wants to suggest any episodes of their other favorite comedy podcasts.....that would be appreciated.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
If you're having trouble getting into CBB I would suggest starting out listening to the best of episodes that Scott does based on listener feed back near the end of every year. There's also just listening to episodes where a specific guest would appear. For awhile I was only listening to episodes with James Adomian in them.

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Someone on the earwolf reddit took the 2011-2015 cbb best-ofs and edited out the clips and commercials. It is essentially a twelve-hour episode of concentrated Scott & PFT ramblings.

Whenever I run out of podcast episodes, I'll skim to a random part and let it run.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

RestingB1tchFace posted:

Hollywood Handbook has exceeded the boundries of podcasting. I can't wait for Tuesday and the new episodes. There probably isn't a single episode where I didn't get several good laughies. I'm currently relistening to all the episodes. Funny to listen to the Reality Show Show after discovering HH. It took a few episodes for the guys to gain their stride....but there was some comedy gold there as well. From the first episode to the last.....you could hear the show turning into HH.

I4H is typically pretty good. It's always going to be hit or miss.....but it's worth waiting through the flops to get to the gems. Bringing on guests (some better than others) at random and riffing with them isn't an easy task......but Besser is a pro at letting the skits develop and pull them back on track if it's not working. Like most.....the musical episodes are mostly a drag and when he goes on political rants it completely derails the show.

I was hoping for better on the Hannibal Burress podcast. I've only listened to a couple of episodes and cannot get into it. His stand-up is great and his cadence really gets me. The show just isn't interesting. I'll probably stick with it until they get few of the kinks out.

CBB....never got into it. Don't know why.....because it seems to have a decent following.

HDTGM I listened to for a while....but if they aren't talking about a movie that I've seen.....it's usually a boring listen.

Not Earwolf related....but I recently stumbled upon Super Ego. It's super wierd....but it's got a neat premise. Several of the skits had me laughing my whole butt off.

Earwolf related, and I'll admit this might have very niche appeal, but try Pistol Shrimps Radio. It's two guys (Mark McConville and Matt Gourley from Super Ego) who know nothing about basketball trying to call women's rec-league games. It's more about sour patch kids, spoonerisms, and arbitrarily assigning the referees nicknames than what's actually happening on the field.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

If you're having trouble getting into CBB I would suggest starting out listening to the best of episodes that Scott does based on listener feed back near the end of every year. There's also just listening to episodes where a specific guest would appear. For awhile I was only listening to episodes with James Adomian in them.

Adomian episodes from the CBB archive are all top-notch

If you want a non-earwolf suggestion: My Brother, My Brother an Me is a guaranteed hour of solid goofs every monday

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I know the ad read discussion was a few pages back but the ads with Scott Auckerman and Hayes and Sean was some of the funniest Content I've ever heard.

Also, Matt Besser saying chocolate nom-noms.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

padijun posted:

Earwolf related, and I'll admit this might have very niche appeal, but try Pistol Shrimps Radio. It's two guys (Mark McConville and Matt Gourley from Super Ego) who know nothing about basketball trying to call women's rec-league games. It's more about sour patch kids, spoonerisms, and arbitrarily assigning the referees nicknames than what's actually happening on the field.

Adomian episodes from the CBB archive are all top-notch

If you want a non-earwolf suggestion: My Brother, My Brother an Me is a guaranteed hour of solid goofs every monday

I actually have listened to an episode of pistol shimps last week. It shows up under my Super Ego feed. It seems like something that I could get into. My, Brother, My Brother, and Me I subscribe to. Only listened to a few episodes though. I might have to get back to it. There's just so many good podcasts these days.....it's hard to keep up.

RestingB1tchFace
Jul 4, 2016

rapeface posted:

I know the ad read discussion was a few pages back but the ads with Scott Auckerman and Hayes and Sean was some of the funniest Content I've ever heard.

Also, Matt Besser saying chocolate nom-noms.

You aren't referring to the ad read with PFT, Hayes, and Sean playing as an evil Scott Auckerman Howl dictator trying to get them to read the Howl ads despite it not being a real thing. It he keeps shoving a shoe horn into PFT's mouth. Definitely one of my favorite ad reads along with any Wolfman Jack ones.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Tatumje posted:

Someone on the earwolf reddit took the 2011-2015 cbb best-ofs and edited out the clips and commercials. It is essentially a twelve-hour episode of concentrated Scott & PFT ramblings.

Whenever I run out of podcast episodes, I'll skim to a random part and let it run.

I must have this

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I'm glad you're having a good time dipping into the funny zone, restingb1tchface

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Riptor posted:

I must have this

I'll second that. Link?

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Here is the post with download links for the twelve hour polo bolo supercut.

They also made five individual cuts by year if you can't or don't want to download the single 1.3GB file.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

RestingB1tchFace posted:

You aren't referring to the ad read with PFT, Hayes, and Sean playing as an evil Scott Auckerman Howl dictator trying to get them to read the Howl ads despite it not being a real thing. It he keeps shoving a shoe horn into PFT's mouth. Definitely one of my favorite ad reads along with any Wolfman Jack ones.
This is also great, but on CBB before they were on the episode proper they did a couple of "tryout" appearences doing real ads on Comedy Bang Bang. And it was amazing.
here's a compilation: https://soundcloud.com/a-nye-123/sean-and-hayes-cbb-ad-spots

not sure if that has the latest appearances, I think they did one more recent then when this episode was uploaded, but can't find the reference
e: turns out they're on the soundcloud too!

https://soundcloud.com/a-nye-123/sean-and-hayes-cbb-ad-spots-ep-409

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Anybody remember the HH episode where they host a sex advice show and their only advice is "he ain't hitting it right"?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Anybody remember the HH episode where they host a sex advice show and their only advice is "he ain't hitting it right"?

Very top of the Whitmer Thomas and Clay Tatum, Our Friends From School episode. #HeAintHittinItRight

It also pops up again in the Gabe Delahaye episode one week later.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 26, 2016

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Has this come up yet?
https://www.amazon.com/Hollywood-Handbook-Insiders-Guide-Success/dp/0787111740
I found it after googling an actress in an MST3k movie. It's a little too on the nose to be a coincidence, right?

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Came across this on Twitter today and I can just see Sean's fingerprints all over it.

https://twitter.com/John_Quaintance/status/799751549610168320

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Nick Thune?

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
"I absorbed my twin in the womb."

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Spraynard Kruger posted:

Came across this on Twitter today and I can just see Sean's fingerprints all over it.

Absolutely. I also want to know how far in advance the "I think that came out wrong" predated Deadpool.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
That is a good list and I think the items
There are smart, and cool, and I'm definitely behind them one hundred percent, but at the same time I just want everyone to know that when *I* say "what the what" it's just my personal way of mourning the fact that 30 rock isn't on the air any more

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
"Yeah, thanks. I'm a big sweetie."

beeman
May 7, 2008

Spraynard Kruger posted:

the 'having a stroke' trope is extremely ableist imo

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I nearly drove my car off the road during Sean's Casey Affleck impression

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCJwZWEfiHw&t=204s

(Cheese might know where the baby is)

padijun fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Nov 30, 2016

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

padijun posted:

I nearly drove my car off the road during Sean's Casey Affleck impression
I chortled pretty loudly in a crowded airport. The pause, working up to it, really did it for me.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

"Yeah, thanks. I'm a big sweetie."
"Do you think Dilbert's dad is going to The Good Place?" "Zooted" D'Arcy was a spectacular guest. Just a great ep.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

the boys made it

podmass best of 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hey, Earwolf & I have the same coasters!

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
That's fine and all but when am I gonna get to hear the end of that mark twain story

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The reveal at the beginning of that episode was my favorite moment of 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
#gurneylife