Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Differo Cathedra posted:

In light of Rawr's post I have decided that I gonna go ahead and not try to kick the football anymore. The chances that Gaz could balance all heroes and items at once were already astronomically low, but adding having to rework rewards and enemy designs moves the outlook from "remote possibility for success" to "LOL, this is a developer who can't get an in game clock to function correctly nor get reoccurring events to start or stop on time." I've had a lot of fun playing with you guys and don't regret the money or time I put into this game so thanks for making it a blast even if I never made it out of the first round in any of our tournaments.

we'll always have paris our dead gay thread :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Have they fixed War Machine's ult yet?

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

cams posted:

this is gross, it is a video game. play it or don't.

Cool. Thanks for your feedback . I'm going to continue not following it.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

So what I'm thinking is maybe, just maybe, they can fix this hufflefluffle they call movement and just remove movement from the game period.

Pretty sure everybody just wants to dress up their waifu while fully zoomed in and read the oforum anyway.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

it's really apparent from that post, if it wasn't already, that gaz could not give less of a gently caress about their existing playerbase

As opposed to... ?

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 17, 2016

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

To add onto my previous question, what does Luke look like on the TC. I gotta know if they made him garbo.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Luke is mostly the same except he can now talent into double combo points, the Heroes are talents rather than individual skills, he has separate "punchy" and "weapon" skills with for talents. I think you can have two Heroes out at a time (didn't test, but they are on two tiers of talents with one skill to summon), and your For Hire skill (no longer sig) summons a random one with a talent for the old all of them.

He had a few bugs though - like his double combo points didn't seem to double the damage bonus but finishers still spent them all anyway.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

They kind of went all-in on letting you go summoner lol. Heroes for Hire are traits and you can get two of them out at once. Basic gameplay the same otherwise.

He uses spirit still and gets he same love other combo point heroes got. That is, you can talent out of using them, turn off the combo system and give the finishers +100% damage and a 4s cooldown or up the max points to 8.

Sweet Christmas is new sig.

e: mostly beaten

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Guys, just letting you know, if you all run to Path of Exile, Leowyld will NOT be joining you. The game just wasn't his cup of tea, probably because raccoons don't drink tea or anything like that.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Holy poo poo they may have just fixed all my qualms with cage. I'm not surprised they kept the lackluster summon gimmick, but I would probably ignore that entirely and just throw some hands + concrete. Sweet Christmas being the Sig is way better than most things I could have imagined them picking for it.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Are she hulks moves still janky as gently caress? I remember being sad when none of her moves flowed at all on launch.
Pretty much unfortunately, yeah. Moves-wise she's changed very little compared to Live, yet in some ways she's actually worse off now because her Spirit sustain went down the toilet, and hilariously she doesn't even gain the melee hero 8% damage reduction permanently, just a 3s proc as split melee/ranged characters do. :what: (Edit: apparently that last one at least was acknowledged by a dev as being busted/unintentional on their recent live stream.)

Some of the character updates in this patch are decent enough, but She-Hulk still needs a lot of work.

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Nov 17, 2016

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Have armoured trifectas dumpstered in value now that this game is dead and cores drop like crazy from the new term? I think I've got like 3 of the fuckers now.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The 1 second travel power is a huge letdown for me. The changes to the characters seem really good and something they can iterate on, but actually playing the game content feels grossly slow unless you're spamming all your dash charges out like you're not supposed to be because damage will supposedly be increased to make them critical for fights (or just boss rushing which is something we're not supposed to be doing either). It feels slow and I've spent the previous three weeks playing Titan Quest, a 10 year old arpg that has neither dashes nor travel powers. The excuse that it's important for future content which will coincidentally make sticking your finger up your rear end for 1 second somehow more engaging is just a really poor one when the content that's here doesn't work with it and the story reworks they've done have massive maps with virtually nothing populating them. People blaming it on console limitations are silly because the first thing you'd do to make up for consoles not being able to load in the maps quick enough is not slow down travel power, it's make the maps more compact in the first place.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I get the feeling that someone at Gaz HQ has convinced themselves that dashing and teleporting is what killed the playerbase, and if they can sufficiently inconvenience players, everyone will come flooding back, the clock will roll back to mid 2015, the new Spider-Man movie will drop and the game will hit new record numbers, Doomsaw and Ryolnir will come crawling back to beg forgiveness but gently caress them, there's no room for them in the Kingdom of Asros, all your favourite posters will come out of hibernation, stretching and yawning like latter-day Rip van Disneywinkles and Xenu's Paradox will finally start sending in death threats again.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

what killed it for me is that teleports don't go over/through obstacles any more. it's the same as walking but slightly faster. the homogenization and item revamp had to happen eventually and in a lot of cases it's fine, even good, but practically overnight this is turning into maybe the slowest game in the genre. thanks consoles, probably

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

So what I'm thinking is maybe, just maybe, they can fix this hufflefluffle they call movement and just remove movement from the game period.

Pretty sure everybody just wants to dress up their waifu while fully zoomed in and read the oforum anyway.

Playing one-handed is the only way to gaze navels

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

ndub posted:

what killed it for me is that teleports don't go over/through obstacles any more. it's the same as walking but slightly faster. the homogenization and item revamp had to happen eventually and in a lot of cases it's fine, even good, but practically overnight this is turning into maybe the slowest game in the genre. thanks consoles, probably

The movement changes are 100% Asros hating boss rushing, he's been on record about this for a long time. Consoles have many sins, but the blame for this idiocy belongs to one man.

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003
Wow does this mean I can play Marbu Hebrons on my PS4 now?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Show me even one panel where a spider-man swings more than 10 yards.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Irony.or.Death posted:

The movement changes are 100% Asros hating boss rushing, he's been on record about this for a long time. Consoles have many sins, but the blame for this idiocy belongs to one man.
He knows what genre of game this is right

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

dead?

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

It's been pretty obvious for at least the past year or so that most of their staff want to work on a game with almost no resemblance to the one they actually work on, and just replacing everything is probably less work than finding a new job that will give you complete creative control

Too bad they forgot you have to make new content to go with your new game

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

I know in a game where characters are content that playing the same poo poo 60x over but slower really makes me want to open the wallet up.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Irony.or.Death posted:

well this explains a lot

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
I have 15,000G sitting in this game before 90% coupons were implemented. Fml. Money well spent.

I am more likely to play Barbie Heroes 1956 at this point. Just give me a dress up game Gaz!

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Why don't they just make the boss run away or something? They could also be really hard to see and shoot blowdarts.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

I am looking forward to twitch chat in this afternoon's official livestream. :)

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

punchymcpunch posted:

Why don't they just make the boss run away or something? They could also be really hard to see and shoot blowdarts.
If only that were someone's fetish at Gaz HQ.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You shitlords will never drive this motorcycle more than 3 times in 10 seconds and for more than 2 yards at a time.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
All hero powers are now like punisher ult, you press a button and watch your character attack until the enemy is dead. Then you can swap to another hero and kill another enemy.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Irony.or.Death posted:

Aren't there achievements for boss rushing? Won't this make some of them unattainable?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

super sweet best pal posted:

Aren't there achievements for boss rushing? Won't this make some of them unattainable?

Aren't dozens and dozens of unique achievements becoming unattainable so I doubt they give a poo poo.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

It is mildly humorous that their "BIGGEST SYSTEMS UPDATE EVER" is going to be completely overshadowed by this movement change.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

the funny thing is you can still boss rush, it's just slower to get there now, not that anyone plays terminal boss rush 2014 anymore

in the cosmic patrol zones the game really plays the same as it does now, it just takes 5 seconds to get to the boss wave instead of 2 seconds

now we just need the fabled content dashing had to die for

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

the funny thing is you can still boss rush, it's just slower to get there now, not that anyone plays terminal boss rush 2014 anymore

in the cosmic patrol zones the game really plays the same as it does now, it just takes 5 seconds to get to the boss wave instead of 2 seconds

Now now, you know how they feel about facts.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

Age of Ultron is that content. Huge map with just enough mob density so that charging your travel power for 1 second(lol) between packs isn't worth it and you don't have enough dash charges to make it fast either.

:suicide:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
As much achievement hunting as I've done, I guess I'll never get that however many thousand kills in 9 minutes in cosmic midtown now.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

davebo posted:

As much achievement hunting as I've done, I guess I'll never get that however many thousand kills in 9 minutes in cosmic midtown now.
Apparently, bodysliding out of MM resets the timer but not the defeat count as long as you leave the zone before the nine minutes are up. That should make it pretty easy to complete the achievement, though I haven't tried it myself yet.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Age of Ultron is that content. Huge map with just enough mob density so that charging your travel power for 1 second(lol) between packs isn't worth it and you don't have enough dash charges to make it fast either.

:suicide:

Sorry man, Age of Ultron isn't in Legion so Gaz doesn't really know about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
I came to the thread considering reinstalling, but saw that surfer was getting shitcanned along with any other playstyle that isn't "slowly walk to the next mob," and decided against it. But then I saw yall linking the new Eastern Sun server so now that's what im going to do. Thanks, thread!

• Locked thread