Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I was totally into that scene when I was 15-20 but once I started earning enough I started paying for games/music/movies.

I've even justified buying slightly more expensive collectors editions because of my guilt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Idk, knowing that always online DRM and walled ecosystems are a thing, I have no sympathy about people blindly reading a thing online and getting banned because of it. Whether it's hacks or piracy, I cannot care less.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Beastie posted:

I was totally into that scene when I was 15-20 but once I started earning enough I started paying for games/music/movies.

I've even justified buying slightly more expensive collectors editions because of my guilt.

Yeah, I totally look down on adults who pirate video games. Like... buddy. Even when I was a broke-rear end college student making like $800 a month, I paid for video games. I just didn't buy as many of them. I can't imagine being the dude who's like, "that frivolous leisure item, yes, I must have it and I will go to great lengths to not pay for it."

It doesn't help that the only adult serial game pirate I know is a massive pathetic scumbag who actually makes enough money to buy any entertainment he wants. He pirates all games and movies because he just feels entitled to them and doesn't think he should have to pay if he knows how to get it for free. I'm super psyched that I'm no longer in a situation that puts me into contact with this dude.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
When I dropped my kid at his new daycare the first time I streetpassed a teacher and it showed she was playing Alex Storm Wave Rider or whatever that title is that every flash cart says it is.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

greatn posted:

When I dropped my kid at his new daycare the first time I streetpassed a teacher and it showed she was playing Alex Storm Wave Rider or whatever that title is that every flash cart says it is.

Better find another daycare.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Were you all like I pay 1400$/month to send my kid to daycare here and you're pirating 3DS games?!?!?!?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She don't even work there no more.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Beastie posted:

Really, 15 days? Not that Kotaku is the paragon of journalism but their article (and the grabs from the ds') do not indicate the length of the ban.

Oh never mind. The ban for using online in sun and moon is only 15 days. The ban from using the rest of Nintendo's online services is permanent. :laffo:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Dr. Fetus posted:

Oh never mind. The ban for using online in sun and moon is only 15 days. The ban from using the rest of Nintendo's online services is permanent. :laffo:

Wait, so after 15 days they're banned from using anything online but Pokemon?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Phone posted:

Were you all like I pay 1400$/month to send my kid to daycare here and you're pirating 3DS games?!?!?!?

How are you supposed to afford childcare if you pay for 3DS games?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Wait, so after 15 days they're banned from using anything online but Pokemon?

From what I understand, it's either that, or the ban just prevents you from using Nintendo services such as eshop and Pokebank.

Though for people that got unfairly hit by this (game shipped early, broken street date, etc.) you can just call Nintendo and send them proof of your purchase to undo the bans. Everyone else... :rip:

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
This is probably something really weird to notice but the cartridge art for Fire Emblem is really crappy. I was honestly worried my copy was some kind of bootleg because of how low budget it looked. I get the concept they were going for: it's a pixel art version of the box cover art, but all they have is the two dudes from the cover kind of floating there on a blank background below the title. I don't know, it just looks a little lame.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Phone posted:

To be fair, as an employee, she's not seeing much of that money.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
any teacher young enough to play ds games is also too young to be making any decent money at teaching at this point

Spellman
May 31, 2011

checksin posted:

any teacher young enough to play ds games is also too young to be making any decent money at teaching at this point

Oh that reminds me of a story from high school, I had Mario Kart DS, and I was playing with my friend in class. I was playing discreetly under my desk (for which he made fun of me for) and he was playing behind his textbook. Anyways, he got caught and had his confiscated and the teacher took it to her desk. When you put it in sleep, it doesn't close the local connection, so she ends up opening it to see what he was playing. So I back my kart up and start pegging her with shells. And driving up in front of her. I used my full name, so she kept looking over at me confused, mumbling to herself.

Anyways I never got caught but it was a fun troll on her. She was an older woman and didn't know wtf was going on.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
I have good memories of playing Mario Kart DS 8-player over wifi in high school...during West Side Story...while all 8 of us were involved. :allears: It was 5 of us in the pit orchestra and 3 actors backstage.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I had won advance tickets to The Dark Knight, which was a day before the actual release. So during the actual release, I saw a bunch of people in the theatre with their DS systems, so I got on pictochat and spoiled the movie for anyone in any room. I was a piece of poo poo. :allears:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Man if something like Pictochat got popular on smartphone, that'd be a trip

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Nov 17, 2016

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I mean with strangers, like an extremely local shitshow of art and texting, possibly location based through Google Maps or something

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Does the 3DS have a decent successor to Clubhouse Games? I see a few clones on the eShop but it's really hard to gauge their quality from just the store pages.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Anonymous Robot posted:

Does the 3DS have a decent successor to Clubhouse Games? I see a few clones on the eShop but it's really hard to gauge their quality from just the store pages.

Nothing as insane as that package, but a couple of the Express packs are available as DSiWare for a few bucks

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Planning on getting a New 3DS with the Black Friday sale, what size SD card is recommended?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Scrap Dragon posted:

Planning on getting a New 3DS with the Black Friday sale, what size SD card is recommended?

32gb is good for most people of you like digital downloads of games, which you definitely should. 64gb if you see yourself getting a ton of games for it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pokemon SuMo just unlocked in Australia :toot:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

deadly_pudding posted:

Yeah, I totally look down on adults who pirate video games. Like... buddy. Even when I was a broke-rear end college student making like $800 a month, I paid for video games. I just didn't buy as many of them. I can't imagine being the dude who's like, "that frivolous leisure item, yes, I must have it and I will go to great lengths to not pay for it."

It doesn't help that the only adult serial game pirate I know is a massive pathetic scumbag who actually makes enough money to buy any entertainment he wants. He pirates all games and movies because he just feels entitled to them and doesn't think he should have to pay if he knows how to get it for free. I'm super psyched that I'm no longer in a situation that puts me into contact with this dude.

When I want something and I don't wanna pay for it~

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I love the support conversations in Fire Emblem. Playing matchmaker is fun too. So far those are my favorite parts of the game.

Is the farmboy worth raising? Does he pull a Magikarp and become super awesome once he levels? Or is he always going to be useless?

Edit: also people should only pirate old rare games that cost hundreds to buy legit (not like the publisher is getting that money anyway) and games that will never be localized.

Getsuya fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Nov 17, 2016

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Getsuya posted:

Is the farmboy worth raising? Does he pull a Magikarp and become super awesome once he levels? Or is he always going to be useless?

Yes, level up Donnel.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Getsuya posted:

I love the support conversations in Fire Emblem. Playing matchmaker is fun too. So far those are my favorite parts of the game.

Get him to level 10 and then use a Second Seal on him

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Donnel is an absolute loving monster and because he so consistently gains all of his stats it takes a miniscule number of levels for him to become usable -> competent -> above average and then it just keeps going from there

He's like a second main character

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Swapnote is back and even better possibly, Swapdoodle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij7rUrNUbNQ

ArcticZombie
Sep 15, 2010

Spellman posted:

I mean with strangers, like an extremely local shitshow of art and texting, possibly location based through Google Maps or something

YikYak is pretty much this. It's not as fun now that it's not anonymous though.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Electric Phantasm posted:

o m g

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Getsuya posted:

Edit: also people should only pirate old rare games that cost hundreds to buy legit (not like the publisher is getting that money anyway) and games that will never be localized.

Yeah, keep Donnel and get him leveled up. He also has a thing/trait that can be passed onto a child which makes stat gains loving ridiculous.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Electric Phantasm posted:

This is the best thing to possibly come out on 3DS this weekend.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I wonder what exciting direction "free-to-start messaging application" will go in.

Exciting.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Yass gonna get weird messages from the 90 goons on my friends list again

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Can we create a Swapdoodle friend adding thread?

I used to be on Swapnote all of the time, but my friend list got wiped when my old 3DS XL broke.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
Excellent, finally got the Wii U in New Leaf today, really want that 3DS though, I love Puzzle League

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Where all my swap note friends at please come back. I miss yall.