Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

NotWearingPants posted:

Yeah but we stole him away from the Cowboys so it was worth it.

But then the Cowboys didn't have a running back so they drafted Ezekiel Elliott.

unintended consequences. :argh:

Letting Demarco walk for the money he wanted was absolutely the correct move, even in hindsight

Even after the Eagles "stole" Demarco away, Darren McFadden had more rushing yards on the season in 2015 with a higher yardage per attempt against teams that put 8 men in the box on every down because they never had to worry about a pass going more than 3 yards downfield. Murray is a strong downhill runner, but he was always more Marion Barber than Emmit Smith.

Also McCoy is better than Murray and the Eagles were also dumb as poo poo for trading him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

TheChirurgeon posted:

the Eagles were also dumb as poo poo

Chip Kelly's Eagles tenure in a nutshell

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Demarco owns

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Metapod posted:

Demarco owns

He's good, but the Tennessee offensive line doesn't get enough credit. They're a very strong unit with one of the league's lowest sack rates.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

shyduck posted:

DGB was worth the relatively low gamble, and I think they understood that from the jump. I dunno what it is with DGB, but he plays like he's 5'6" rather than 6'5".

DGB plays like a pussy.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

89 posted:

DGB plays like a pussy.
p much yes

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Does anybody still believe that the eagles are a better team than the cowboys?

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Sickening posted:

I can actually feel the rage clicking of keyboards from Philadelphia in response to this post.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Sickening posted:

yes.

Hawley-Smoot Tariff posted:

I can actually feel the rage clicking of keyboards from Philadelphia in response to this post.

also this.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

If the Eagles are a better team, why didn't they win?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Ryan Matthews cost the Lions game

Pederson's poo poo 4th down decision cost another game

I'll blame Smallwood for the Cowboys game

Redskins was a collective team failure

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Ryan Matthews cost the Lions game

I'll blame Smallwood for the Cowboys game

Redskins was a collective team failure

So what makes them a better team then? Their defense is only slightly better statistically than the cowboys while their offense is well behind the cowboys. Are we going by gut feelings?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

If by 'decision' you mean 'playcalling' then yes I agree.

Going for it was the right call both times, but Doug should have called the play better

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mark Sanchez is going to beat the Eagles in Week 17

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Sickening posted:

So what makes them a better team then? Their defense is only slightly better statistically than the cowboys while their offense is well behind the cowboys. Are we going by gut feelings?

The Eagles have a more talented defense than the Cowboys by quite a bit, and are much better at generating pass pressure. That said, the one thing the Cowboys defense has done really well this season is avoid giving up explosive plays. They're among the best in the league at not giving up a bunch of extra yards on plays, even if they aren't necessarily stifling when it comes to pass pressure or stuffing the run. The Eagles also have a better ST unit, owing to having better talent on defense that can feed said unit.

On offense, the Cowboys blow the Eagles away in both the pass and the run. I'd say that on the whole, the Eagles' defense is good but a bit overrated statistically based on the poo poo teams they've beaten (excepting Atlanta), while the Cowboys' offense is more legitimate (and improving over the course of the season). On the flip side, the Eagles' offense is below average, while the Cowboys defense manages to be just about average, so the Cowboys have a better team on the whole.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

TheChirurgeon posted:

The Eagles have a more talented defense than the Cowboys by quite a bit, and are much better at generating pass pressure. That said, the one thing the Cowboys defense has done really well this season is avoid giving up explosive plays. They're among the best in the league at not giving up a bunch of extra yards on plays, even if they aren't necessarily stifling when it comes to pass pressure or stuffing the run. The Eagles also have a better ST unit, owing to having better talent on defense that can feed said unit.

On offense, the Cowboys blow the Eagles away in both the pass and the run. I'd say that on the whole, the Eagles' defense is good but a bit overrated statistically based on the poo poo teams they've beaten (excepting Atlanta), while the Cowboys' offense is more legitimate (and improving over the course of the season). On the flip side, the Eagles' offense is below average, while the Cowboys defense manages to be just about average, so the Cowboys have a better team on the whole.

thats a lot of words when you could have just wrote "8-1 bitch"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Well let's see if the eagles are better than the cowboys and the redskins beat the eagles and the nfce is the best division in football ipso facto Kirk cousins mvp

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

incompetent posted:

If the Eagles are a better team, why didn't they win?

The 2007 Pats didn't beat the Giants in the Super Bowl. The better team doesn't always win.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
As a outside source who hates both teams with a fiery passion, and delighted in seeing them both lose to his team...

The Cowboys are obviously better than the Eagles and it's hilarious anyone can argue otherwise. Especially at this point in the season. The Cowboys look like genuine contenders and have possibly the most stable offense in the entire conference. Their ball control offense of running and safe passing (Dak is way safer with the ball than Romo is) helps hide the deficiencies on defense by giving the defenders time to rest. Jason garrett is still a stooge but he's acceptable.

When the Giants beat the Cowboys it was week 1, the two rookies hadn't yet come into their own yet and they look so much better now, and the Giants barely squeaked it out, thanks in part to that guy on the Cowboys who didn't go out of bounds on the possible game winning drive. I think this current Cowboys team probably clobbers the current Giants.

I don't think you can call the Eagles the better team with a straight face. The Cowboys are the clear frontrunner, and the other 3 teams are about equal.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I don't think I can make a good argument that the Eagles are better than the Cowboys right now so I don't really want to talk about it.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Yes the team that's 5-4 is not as good as the team that's 8-1, this is groundbreaking stuff

Just call me The Football Kid

edit: I had the team run the numbers, and I mean, it's clear cut

shyduck fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Nov 17, 2016

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

axeil posted:

The 2007 Pats didn't beat the Giants in the Super Bowl. The better team doesn't always win.

You Eagles fans sure know how to push my buttons

For real tho the 2007 Giants were better than the 2007 Pats and the only reason they didn't win week 17 too was cus of a bad game plan that they fixed right the gently caress up in time to bring back a championship trophy!!

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
*puts on 90s Cowboy Starter Jacket"

* flicks cigarette*

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

TeeMerk posted:

*puts on 90s Cowboy Starter Jacket over New England Jersey"*

* flicks cigarette*

Ftfy

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So Romo asked for a chance to prove he should still start and was told no.

gently caress.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

blue squares posted:

gently caress.

I still think he gets the nod after the next loss, particularly if it's a bad one

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.

Sickening posted:

The Eagles defense is MUCH better than the Cowboys defense. The offense is worse. It's not a crazy secret or revelation. They held Zeke under 100 yards rushing, and they made Dak look Bad. Holding the Falcons to 15 points is more than +2 better than holding the 49ers to 17.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Doltos posted:

For real tho the 2007 Giants were better than the 2007 Pats

epic username/post combo

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I hope Dallas fucks around and starts Dak into the playoffs cause who doesn't love a devastating Cowboys postseason loss

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

blue squares posted:

gently caress.

:getin:

I cannot wait for the meltdown in the locker room when Dak proves his Fraud Status.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Yeah, ideally the Cowboys run Dak all this season, they fall apart in the playoffs, Romo leaves, and then Dak gets exposed as being reliant on everyone around him to look decent.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

a new study bible! posted:

Yeah, ideally the Cowboys run Dak all this season, they fall apart in the playoffs, Romo leaves, and then Dak gets exposed as being reliant on everyone around him to look decent.

Please don't post excerpts from my Super Top Secret Football Fantasies Journal.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Yes you've convinced me that he does not belong on this long list of QBs who can succeed with bad talent around them:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

The best defense they've faced this year is.... the fraud rear end Packers? They're going to be shredded as soon as that offense faces a little adversity.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Pretty sure the Eagles D is a lot better than the Packers D

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004
The Eagles were the only team that actually had Dak looking like a rookie/shook, and even then it was only at times.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Also, Chip got us Sproles. At one point, we were gonna have DeSean/Maclin/Shady/Sproles on the field at the same time.

Now, we just have Sproles and some college receivers.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

indigi posted:

epic username/post combo

I wish there was a way to see if the 2007 Giants were better than the 2007 Patriots. Perhaps if they played each other or something. I dunno.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doltos posted:

I wish there was a way to see if the 2007 Giants were better than the 2007 Patriots. Perhaps if they played each other or something. I dunno.

Looks like they were 1-1 to me. So definitively not better at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Yeah, ideally the CowboysRedskins run DakCousins all this season, they fall apart in the playoffs, Romo leaveshe gets a massive extension, and then DakCousins gets exposed as being reliant on everyone around him to look decent.

• Locked thread