Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
This game is
This poll is closed.
Great! 180 32.61%
Awesome! 212 38.41%
Good! 160 28.99%
Total: 552 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
The quests are super easy to solve because there's always a map icon to follow. The big thing I missed with not knowing the translation is that you can pick up hunting quests at the restaurants, and talking to the restaurant host will put icons on your map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Someone's handy little thing

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Speaking of which

Augus posted:

There are three dungeons in the demo area, all locked off but something to keep in mind for the actual game
I heard talk of people glitching into these dungeons but none of them gave a lot of details so it might just be talk.

Apparently this is true, people glitched into the Naga dungeon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prtu_hGJQXs
Not sure what the actual method of clipping on top of the nearby mountain is, but there are other videos floating around of people fighting enemies in the dungeon.

Augus fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 16, 2016

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
So is there a command to tell your buddies to get the gently caress out of the way, or do you just have to accept that you are going to nuke them basically every time you use magic? I want to cast cool and powerful spells but I don't want to microwave my bros. :ohdear: At least they don't seem to hold it against you, despite it sounding unbelievably painful every time you inevitably electrocute/immolate/freeze them to death.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

You could use one of Ignis's techniques, which pulls every character to him and heals the party.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Memnaelar posted:

So, let's say you don't speak or read a lick of Japanese beyond so desu ka (and don't even know the kanji for that) -- is the demo completely inaccessible? How're the folks who can't read Japanese navigating their way through it?

Most of it is very visual, you can just feel your way through it. I can't figure out how to have Noctis drive the car, how to make any magic except BIG 'SPLOSION! and there might be little side quests from citizens I'm missing but it's totally playable.

The only things I'd point out are:
-You talk to the chef in diners to get bounty quests.
-In the second little town there's a quest to kill these little hobgoblin things, they only come out at night.
-Noctis can use any weapon so it's worth buying extras of each to play around with.
-Even if Ignis is driving to a specific location you can still just tell him what to do, also you can park anywhere by pressing circle.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

You know, I'm starting to get the impression that this actually is a real game that is actually coming out.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Sam Faust posted:

You know, I'm starting to get the impression that this actually is a real game that is actually coming out.

Don't count your chocobos before they've hatched.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

tfw FF15 is going to come out four months before Persona 5.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Die Sexmonster! posted:

There are no hoops. You create the account right on your PS4 and click a link in an email.

Here's how to create a Japanese PSN ID in 60 seconds - if you don't have time to make one, you don't have time to play the demo.

https://youtu.be/MUiLEZeIprs

I made one back in the PS3 days but I no longer remember the login details, any idea how I can retrieve those? I tried going to the JP website to look for a "lost my password" option, but clicking the login link there just redirects me back to the UK site

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Just fished in the polluted river to the east, caught some mutated looking trout thing. Game owns.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

Only in the inferior American lands. True supporters of ペルソナ5 finished it months in advance so it won't interrupt their enjoyment of ファイナルファンタジーXV

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

Sakurazuka posted:

So that gives me four months to 100% this game before losing my life to micromanaging all the high school relationships I never had growing up?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I finally understand everything now. ImpAtom wrote the Final Fantasy Fifteen guide. The Prima Vista guide, that is, not an actually good one.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
420 firaga gysahl every day

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Gologle posted:

I finally understand everything now. ImpAtom wrote the Final Fantasy Fifteen guide. The Prima Vista guide, that is, not an actually good one.

Please check PlayOnline for best tips on Puff Puff Pass minigame.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Final Fantasy XV comes out and then The Last Guardian comes out a week later.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

We know, we know, the Apocalypse is nigh, stop pointing it out.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

helpful vids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctEo6r61kuE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgeklY4bF3E

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

I said come in! posted:

I loved Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, the latter being in my top 3 games of all time. Last Guardian just does not look great. Am I alone here?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

This... isn't real, is it :smith:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I'm constantly loving up warping to those warp points but the combat's pretty fun so far.

I assume you can turn off the shield icon appearing for counters.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Hold down the warp button.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. Fuckin YES.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

They are good Christian boys and wouldn't do something like that you weirdos!

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Terper posted:

Hold down the warp button.

Bleh, I should have realized that's what the icon meant.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

You're about to get shot! Stop posing for Prompto's photos!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

And a thousand words, one thousand confessions

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It'll be like Archduke Ferdinand all over again, except not really because Niflheim has already conquered everything and there's basically no one left to start a war with them.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

I said come in! posted:

Since the announcement of Final Fantasy Versus XIII in May 2006 to its release in November 2016:
- Smartphone revolution occurred and changed the landscape of gaming
- The entire Mass Effect trilogy was released with Andromeda coming in 2017
- Every Assassin's Creed game was released and a movie starring Michael Fassbender will be released in December
- Capcom successfully revived Street Fighter with SF4 before cratering its success with SF5
- Irrational Games/2K Boston released the Bioshock/Bioshock Infinite and were ultimately shut down
- Every Persona game from Persona 3 to Persona 4: Dancing All Night and Persona 5
- Monolith Soft was acquired by Nintendo and released several RPGs, including Xenoblade Chronicles
- Every Tales game from Tales of Innocence to Tales of Berseria was released
- Every Pokemon game from Diamond/Pearl to Sun/Moon
- Blizzard developed Project Titan, got stuck in development hell, and pivoted to Overwatch which received great critical and commercial success
- Deep Silver went from a niche Germany based publisher to one that enjoys more marketshare than Square-Enix in North America
- Infinity Ward released Modern War 1/2, had a mass exodus due to a dispute with Activision, reformed as Respawn, released Titanfall for the Xbox 1/PC, released Titanfall 2 in the same week as Battlefield 1 and revieved lukewarm sales
- Donald Trump went from accusing President Barack Obama of forging his birth certificate to sitting across from him in the White House as President elect

Since the announcement of Versus XIII becoming Final Fantasy XV in June 2013 to its release in November 2016:
- Monolith Soft released Xenoblade Chronicles X with a development with about a 100 people
- Monolith Productions ( the one in Washington State, not Tokyo) went from developing poorly recieved multiplayer games to achieving great critical and commercial success with Shadows of Mordor
- CD Projekt Red released The Witcher 3 which will likely go onto sell more than FFVII by next quarter
- Atlus released Persona 5 in Japan after dealing with multiple delays and an acquisition by SEGA
- Activision acquired King and various top performing mobile games with it
- Capcom announced and released Street Fighter 5 as a PS4/PC exclusive that went on to achieve poor sales
- The Guillemot brothers are on the verge of getting kicked out of Ubisoft, the company they founded
- Nintendo went mobile and partnered with DeNA
- Pokemon Go was announced and released to extraordinary critical success
- Kojima Production released MGS5, was disbanded, and reformed as an independent studio
- Donald Trump went from being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2013 at Madison Square Garden to being inducted into Disney's Halls of Presidents at Liberty Square for winning the US Presidency

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought img-timeline was a bannable offence.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Somehow Bio Blaster seems to do nothing when I equip Noctis with it but Prompto can use it just fine. What's up with that

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
So people are saying the combat in this game is reminiscent of witcher 3 which is really good cuz i really enjoyed the combat in that game

My only real worry is this game being too anime, but I guess witcher 3 is pretty much the western equivalent of anime and it doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the game too much

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm pretty worried it's not nearly anime enough

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shadow of Mordor, not Shadows. You are the Shadow.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Nobody talks about Dancing all Night, it is the shame of the Persona community.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Where's my Kanami stand-alone game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Gologle posted:

Nobody talks about Dancing all Night, it is the shame of the Persona community.

its actually really good, Q is the one no one likes

• Locked thread