Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lets be best friends okay
Jun 1, 2000

okay
7 Knights Japan is getting Devil May Cry heroes!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBxApx4dohg

I have no idea if Capcom's rights to the DMC characters would let them do this in the rest of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009
Can collab units be Fina'd or do you have to whale insanely hard to cap them?

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Russian Remoulade posted:

Can collab units be Fina'd or do you have to whale insanely hard to cap them?

The latter. Collab and special heroes cannot be transcended with fina

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

gwrtheyrn posted:

Gross. But depressingly unsurprising.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thats also only in global, you can fina them in all other regions. a nice special gently caress you to us :v:

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

rabidsquid posted:

thats also only in global, you can fina them in all other regions. a nice special gently caress you to us :v:

In the MMO world, asian MMOs are always easing up on restrictions and progress for the western world. Why is it the opposite in the gacha games? PAD JP gives out a lot more freebies than the US version for example.

EDIT: How on earth did i get 5 million points in todays Castle Rush? I have never gotten more than ~300k on any of them. I wasn't even paying attention to it (never do, tbh, as it takes so much time) and didn't summon a friend so i guess i could have gotten a lot more if i had a good hero summoned.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Nov 17, 2016

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

New Feng Yan looks pretty good. Slightly shorter cooldown, bunch of weird effects on his secondary skill. Debating on if I want to throw one together, for a raid setup something to the effect of:
Shane / Eileen, Sieg, Lina, Velika
Feng / Espada, Karon, Karma, Bai Jiao

Never a big fan of having a buff ability on the Shane team though. Bai Jiao could be replaced by Rin but Rin is built for CH and that's no good with Feng.

He's not very versatile but his raw nuking power works out to being very strong it sounds like.

I will build this! My current second backliner is Dellons. Won't have to stretch the 7k selectors out so much when I'm able to bench him for a regular dude. Hopefully it'll work out, GB advice never led me astray!
That also answers where the selectors and Finas from the current event will go to.

I think I'll build him Speedx2, Counter/HP, Lifesteal/CritDmg/??. What should the ?? be? Maybe more counter?

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Ineptitude posted:

Why is it the opposite in the gacha games? PAD JP gives out a lot more freebies than the US version for example.

If I had to guess it would be that gacha games have tiny western audiences with disproportionately high percentages of whales compared to their Asian markets, so maintaining a similar degree of ARPPU requires them to go straight for the jugular rather than offering a more favorable economy that encourages casual spenders to buy a cheap package or two.

I have zero data to back up that speculation though.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

I will build this! My current second backliner is Dellons. Won't have to stretch the 7k selectors out so much when I'm able to bench him for a regular dude. Hopefully it'll work out, GB advice never led me astray!
That also answers where the selectors and Finas from the current event will go to.

I think I'll build him Speedx2, Counter/HP, Lifesteal/CritDmg/??. What should the ?? be? Maybe more counter?

That's where I am more or less as well. I need tons of other 7K/4L to 32 well before I start pushing my Dellons up to 40.

Raw DPS wise it sounds like Feng is right around Dellons in that he can actually outpace Shane sometimes since he isn't reliant on luck so much. Still inferior to Jam but eh yeah, speaking of Collab units. :v:

Jewel Wise, Counter would make sense for Raid. Lethal would be okay as well, but averaged that's only about an 8% increase to damage overall.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Nov 17, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If I had to guess it would be that gacha games have tiny western audiences with disproportionately high percentages of whales compared to their Asian markets, so maintaining a similar degree of ARPPU requires them to go straight for the jugular rather than offering a more favorable economy that encourages casual spenders to buy a cheap package or two.

it could just be american mobile companies philosophies too, i am pretty sure most mobile games are just being localized by some of these companies and very few actual american made mobile games have success like you see with say the korean games.

i dont really know, but i know that the gumi games i've played every time they have a new package i get the impression they're trying to see what is the worst possible deal they can get people to buy, and very infrequently do you see them experimenting with a cheap deal that might get prospective non-whales to purchase. in fact the only one i can really remember is that final fantasy brave exvius gave you something like $40 worth of iap for $5 if you bought a one time package before it even hard launched.

actually im not too sure off the top of my head who runs marvel puzzle quest but their vip package was a pretty good deal for iap that was cheap, and they even have yearly sales on their iap, or did. but i also think its one of the more successful american mobile games too.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

American whales don't have poo poo on JP whales.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

gwrtheyrn posted:

Garbage. Why even bother?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm gonna be happy with Lady regardless of what level she is, if she comes to Global. Even if she is the worst hero.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Agoat posted:

Garbage. Why even bother?

with the hopes of forcing you to spend a poo poo load of money on units that are busted that you can never get again. i bet you the whales spent a lot of cash trying to get Jam to 40

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

rabidsquid posted:

with the hopes of forcing you to spend a poo poo load of money on units that are busted that you can never get again. i bet you the whales spent a lot of cash trying to get Jam to 40

Yep.

Jam is STILL the best DPS character in the game after like ~4 months of other poo poo getting buffs, if that tells you anything. If I hadn't just started playing the game at that point I probably would have tried to at least get her to 32, she's nutso good but she desperately needs jewels to really get going.

Someone apparently soloed a level 99 raid boss with her. SOLOED.

Couldn't tell you why NA/Global gets screwed so hard by comparison to KR/JP releases of these kinds of games. If I had to wager a guess, I would suspect that it's because they perceive their being so many less whales in Global/NA so they crank up the prices to try and milk the whales they have as much as possible. Which likely causes the exact opposite effect they desire in reality, by making far less people likely to spend small amount of money on the game. See Also: The history of PC gaming and rise of Steam Sales.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yep.

Jam is STILL the best DPS character in the game after like ~4 months of other poo poo getting buffs, if that tells you anything. If I hadn't just started playing the game at that point I probably would have tried to at least get her to 32, she's nutso good but she desperately needs jewels to really get going.

Someone apparently soloed a level 99 raid boss with her. SOLOED.

Couldn't tell you why NA/Global gets screwed so hard by comparison to KR/JP releases of these kinds of games. If I had to wager a guess, I would suspect that it's because they perceive their being so many less whales in Global/NA so they crank up the prices to try and milk the whales they have as much as possible. Which likely causes the exact opposite effect they desire in reality, by making far less people likely to spend small amount of money on the game. See Also: The history of PC gaming and rise of Steam Sales.

KR collab units being finable is newish there as well iirc. It started with a bleach collab that had extremely overpowered PvP units with extremely low rates and non-finable. It basically broke the Arena and people including whales were supeeerr pissed. It was big enough that they had to release a huge apology with future promise not to do anything like that cause top guild ppl started boycotting.

I could be wrong, I'm going off 2nd hand of what my friends who play in KR told me.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I knew about the Bleach thing but I didn't realize that's when collab units became Finable.

Hrm well let's do today's World Boss...

* Immune to Physical Damage

Hrm well let's not do today's World Boss.

Also, Reminder that the new season of Guild Wars has started and there are new bans, so fix your team setups before it gets started. Dust off those Giparangs and Dellons since the bans are: DQ (lol), Teo, Kris, Karma, Rudy

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
That Jave costume will be useful when I have nothing better to spend my selectors on.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I knew about the Bleach thing but I didn't realize that's when collab units became Finable.

Hrm well let's do today's World Boss...

* Immune to Physical Damage

Hrm well let's not do today's World Boss.

Also, Reminder that the new season of Guild Wars has started and there are new bans, so fix your team setups before it gets started. Dust off those Giparangs and Dellons since the bans are: DQ (lol), Teo, Kris, Karma, Rudy

DQ, Rudy and Kris. There goes more than half my PvP roster!

New team:

Rin / May, Espada, Noho, Rachel

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Nov 17, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Jave's really good actually. Like it's hard to recommend spending a selector on him when there are so many more important roles to fill, but holy poo poo am I glad I have one. 4 fodder farming is a breeze (as is every other adventure mode farming style), he makes every Daily a complete joke, and he's good for Niu Mo Wang (since Feng didn't get Piercing or anything).

Actually he's pretty good for PvP too, but he's super duper gear and jewel dependent and his PvP gear is different from his farming gear, which really sucks. I'd love to have mine at 32 since that significantly increases how scummy he is, but he's just soooo far down the list of things to work on right now.

Clawtopsy posted:

DQ, Rudy and Kris. There goes more than half my PvP roster!

New team:

Rin / May, Espada, Noho, Rachel

Rachel + May is kind of redundant, swap Rachel for someone else with Pierce or buff reduction. Got a Ruri or Nia? :v:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Not anywhere near leveled to the extent they're viable. Both are at 30 +5 with no gear, while May is 40/5 GEAR QUEEn and Rachel has really good gears with 34/5

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

We should probably also switch CR difficulties around a bit to benefit everyone more. Having the difficult ones on Easy and the easy one on normal is, very counter-intuitively, actually detrimental to people's scores and CR points earned.

Reasoning is that you get much, much better damage output on CR Normal days by bringing a junk 6* ailment resister and having them die immediately, replaced by another person bringing the damage (Karma or Eileen generally). On Easy difficulty it's actually hard to even get them killed off with base 6* stats, so you end up with a slot just wasted and you are losing that extra 1.5x multiplier (or 33% of your total damage output and score).

Additionally, the base CR Credits for Normal is 3 anyway, which is the most you can possibly earn from Easy difficulty. And the amount of 7K Points is based on the Overall Score and Difficulty, with Normal paying out more than twice as much (15 vs 7), which means people get 7K's twice as fast. As far as Guild Points goes, I don't think we should have any issues there at least for the time being, we'll probably earn a tiny bit less short term but getting people more 7K and Elementals will help a lot more in the long term.

So the general schedule seems to make sense as:
Jave Day = Easy (Since no immunity is required anyway)
Everything Else = Normal

E: Speaking of Jave, I see someone get over 6 million on Jave Normal day using this sick team setup: Feng Yan / Dellons, Bai Jiao, May, Ace

May actually makes a lot of sense with that type of lineup on Jave day. You don't need Rachel's 50% Counter Rate bonus since all Jave's attacks are 5 man AoEs, Ace covers the Defense Down, May gives better damage reduction than Rachel's, and May gives you Crit Chance on top of Bai Jiao's Lethal Chance. Pretty stacked.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Nov 18, 2016

Wilmott Snipes
May 29, 2002

It's daddy shithead, where's the bourbon?
Is a 6* Alice good for anything? Just got her in a 6* Hero pick and the list doesn't have much to say about her.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

im freaking the heck out posted:

Is a 6* Alice good for anything?.

Using synthesis to reroll into something cool/good if you haven't exhausted your monthly 6* ticket count.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Alice is a good option for Storm Wing because she both provides the 50% increased damage received (replacing Ace or Sieg) and also is your healer. On the other hand, her base Speed is embarrassingly low, which makes it that much harder to build an actual legit Storm Wing team. Maybe worth it if you want to really specialize and have a ton of max attack speed gear sitting around, easier if you are going to start running Feng Yan (or Dellons), but if you're running Shane you'll need two +27% or better on everyone else. Barf.

I say keep her around at least, maybe work on her later if you get to that point.

Meanwhile...

Seven Knights: Just no good at math at all

E: Holy poo poo this poor GW team. 75 to Zero.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 19, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I'm thinking Normal Mode might be better for all CR at this stage. the Castle upgrades take multiple days to complete, and you can't start another until the previous is done. We get enough points on 'Normal' days for upgrades, so the only difference is the quality of loot reward/entry tokens

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
We can speed up the castle upgrades via donating gold if we have a surplus of points to start more.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

Uh yeah, I have something like 5 million gold, and I don't know what to do with it

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

It's not so much that we have a surplus, and more that we have enough when it comes time to queue a new one.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

If you have too much gold on your hands you're probably just not awakening enough gear. I mean you can roll in ~3 random raid items every day with some effort, upgrade the good stuff, random awaken some bad stuff if you're really just sitting on a huge pile. 300k per Awakening, adds up fast. That's the biggest gold drain there is in the game and it's pretty much impossible to ever be maxed out on gear.

I mean aside from that it's just the big fat cost of maxing out all 4 formations which is a one time thing, and then doing transcends/unlocks and doing tons of random 3-5* fusions eats up a far bit of gold. Costs more to do those fusions than you earn from farming for fodder on the weekends certainly.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
I am sitting on about 8 million gold with no spare shards to awaken anything., tons of my gear is at +5 just waiting on shards.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I do world 8 on weekdays :downs:

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Don't forget random Awoken upgrade doesn't cost shards if you want something to throw gold at for a chance of decent gear.

I mostly only use shards on +1050HP stuff though, not really very worth it on other things except on some key heroes. But I also always have a constant lack of gold and fodder so I dunno. Constant stream of doing fusions, transcending important stuff, awakening gear, and trying to finish off the last 2 formations, I've never found a lack of things to spend gold on.

But I also do most of my farming on World 7 which has a lot to do with that I'm sure. And I've had terrible luck getting decent gear from random crafts lately.

Shards have been a lot easier since the awoken recommended thing started since it's pretty easy to just sleepwalk through even the max level dragon now. Is that supposed to end at some point or is it a permanent thing?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Guild War? More like Guild Jesus loving Christ

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Goonboat capsized by crazed pod of whales, there were no survivors :rip:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

I'm going to be traveling for a week and a half starting tomorrow. Please don't kick me

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah I saw we were matched up against Queen and figured it was karma kicking in.

Speaking of, all my Karma using friends seem to have switched and it's making Rudy day a big pain in the butt. Also big pain is that both of the stun immune heroes are really good now so I don't have anyone to friend swap with, guess I need to hurry and max out Sieg so I can make a spare junk one :rolleye:

At least it's only 7 more days until the next 7K selector, finally the long month of 30 Rachel will be over. (Still haven't rolled a single decent weapon for her yet)

E: I'm losing close to a million points on Rudy because of not being able to swap anymore, uhg. Gotta get back to Karma+Ace ASAP, Lee Jung just isn't going to cut it.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Nov 21, 2016

Kemito
Nov 4, 2003

Pepsi Molotov!
I took this picture.
How do you guys spend your raid mats? 300 a pop and see if you get lucky rolls, or save to 1000 for the guaranteed stat? What about the radiant ones in the last tab?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Don't do Radiant gear. Do guaranteed crafts every chance you get (it's at most once every 7-9 days). Do Random 300 crafts when you are bottlenecked on Essence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kemito
Nov 4, 2003

Pepsi Molotov!
I took this picture.

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Don't do Radiant gear. Do guaranteed crafts every chance you get (it's at most once every 7-9 days). Do Random 300 crafts when you are bottlenecked on Essence.

Super! Thanks GB

• Locked thread