Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

deadly_pudding posted:

Yass gonna get weird messages from the 90 goons on my friends list again

As a relatively new 3ds owner I'd like to know more about how to get goons on my friends list and how to draw crude pictures for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Beastie posted:

As a relatively new 3ds owner I'd like to know more about how to get goons on my friends list and how to draw crude pictures for them.

There used to be a thread for that in PGS, I think? I'm not sure who controls the massive google spreadsheet that emerged from there.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

There was a Swapnote thread in Games where we shared friend codes.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Man, I loved sharing and seeing goofy doodles from goon friends in swapnote but my favorite part was sharing and receiving 3d pictures of people's pets, or hiking, or art, or whatever. For understandable reasons, this won't come back, but drat...

LoveBoatCaptain
Aug 26, 2008

Celebrate as all our past ways wither, lead the way to an age of light

Infinitum posted:

Pokemon SuMo just unlocked in Australia :toot:

What? Isn't Australia a PAL region country?

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

ArcticZombie posted:

YikYak is pretty much this. It's not as fun now that it's not anonymous though.

They just brought back the anonymity, actually!

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Swapnote is back and even better possibly, Swapdoodle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij7rUrNUbNQ

:unsmith: Nikki you've come back to me :love:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

ArcticZombie posted:

YikYak is pretty much this. It's not as fun now that it's not anonymous though.

Actually, I heard on Candid (lol) that Yik Yak's back to being anonymous.

I have done no fact checking to confirm

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Spellman posted:

Actually, I heard on Candid (lol) that Yik Yak's back to being anonymous.

I have done no fact checking to confirm

dmboogie posted:

They just brought back the anonymity, actually!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Wasn't the problem with the anonymity on Yikyak that it was 90% used for campus bullying/racism/sexual harassment

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What's the new 3DS like size-wise versus the old 3DS XL? Are they identical or is there any difference? I think I recall seeing the screens were the same size so I'm betting same size, maybe slightly thicker, but I'm curious with that insane $99 Black Friday deal coming up.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Does Nikki remember you if you still have Swapnote data on your 3DS? Or is this a universal reboot that went on and this is New Nikki, not Nikki Prime?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

A new Nikki for a new 3DS. She will be switched in the future though.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What's the new 3DS like size-wise versus the old 3DS XL? Are they identical or is there any difference? I think I recall seeing the screens were the same size so I'm betting same size, maybe slightly thicker, but I'm curious with that insane $99 Black Friday deal coming up.

The $99 3DS is New 3DS, not New 3DS XL.

This gives you an idea of the sizes: http://imgur.com/WP4hbdG
The one on offer is the bottom left one.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I can't wait for note swapping again!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I get the feeling I'll have at least 3 dicks waiting for me after I load the application.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dehry posted:

I get the feeling I'll have at least 3 dicks waiting for me after I load the application.

lucky boy

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.
Is there anyway to Pre-order the new 3DS super Mario 99$ deal from either Bestbuy or Games top? Both are close to me and i've checked out their websites. Am i just going ot have to beat the rush at the stores if i hope to get one? Or will they allow reservations a couple days in advance? Thank you to anyone who can help

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

God Bless Nikki, and Nintendo.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Someone link me to the Swapnote thread or the new one, I want to swap notes.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

LoveBoatCaptain posted:

What? Isn't Australia a PAL region country?

It is but we're not bound to EFIGS so we occasionally get English-language PAL games ahead of time. Yokai Watch is the biggest example, we get that nearly six months earlier than Europe.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Nintendo give us swap.note instead

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Dehry posted:

Don't brag.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I just picked up the galaxy 3ds, along with smash bros and a Pokémon preorder. Any must have games? I haven't had a 3ds since they first came out

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Consummate Professional posted:

I just picked up the galaxy 3ds, along with smash bros and a Pokémon preorder. Any must have games? I haven't had a 3ds since they first came out

return smash bros, get animal crossing download pushmo and crashmo and don't feel pressured to finish them

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Can you even send stuff online with swapdoodle or is it just swapnote with a different name

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can you even send stuff online with swapdoodle or is it just swapnote with a different name

i pretty much just assumed it was the same swapnote that never went away and was a bit confused at the hype

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You can send stuff online.

It's swapnote with pay dlc and you can't attach photos.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Its both. You used to be able to send stuff online with swapnote before they shut down the servers due to perverts

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Swap note with a new coat of paint and more features. Same as before: keep writing notes and Nikki unlocks new features.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zat posted:

The $99 3DS is New 3DS, not New 3DS XL.

This gives you an idea of the sizes: http://imgur.com/WP4hbdG
The one on offer is the bottom left one.
That poo poo is loving tiny. I thought America didn't get non-XL new 3DS! Oh well, I'll settle for laggy Pokemon to have a beautiful huge screen.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Truecon420 posted:

Is there anyway to Pre-order the new 3DS super Mario 99$ deal from either Bestbuy or Games top? Both are close to me and i've checked out their websites. Am i just going ot have to beat the rush at the stores if i hope to get one? Or will they allow reservations a couple days in advance? Thank you to anyone who can help

I don't think there's a definitive answer to this, but if you find one, please share. Otherwise, I'm assuming it'll go live for online orders on Black Friday, which is a pretty vague date/time these days. It's specifically a Black Friday bundle.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I didn't see any others, so I started a new spreadsheet for Swapdoodle Friend Codes.

Canned Panda fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Nov 18, 2016

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I still have everyone from the Swapnote days on my friend list, so if I'm still on yours then doodle me up.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

One thing to remember is that the 3DS does not notify people if you add them.

bad boyfriend worse lay
Feb 18, 2011

And when they went,
I heard the noise of their wings,
like the noise of great waters.
It also doesn't notify you if people unfriend you. Does your friend code change if you get a new 3DS and do a transfer?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

bad boyfriend worse lay posted:

It also doesn't notify you if people unfriend you. Does your friend code change if you get a new 3DS and do a transfer?
If you do a system transfer it retains the same Friend Code. I've had a 3DS, and the same Friend Code, since launch but have had at least 3 different units.

It doesn't tell you if someone removes you, but you can usually tell by looking at them on your friends list. If it doesn't say when they were last online, they have either removed you or not been online in ages.

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Holy crap is this normal? I just got to my first random encounter in Fire Emblem and I've died to it about 4-5 times now (well I lost a person to it and reset I mean). My highest character is level 6 but all the enemies are 8-12, we're surrounded so I don't really have a safe space to switch my healers in and half the enemies are physical, half are magical so no matter who I have out there's always someone coming in to take advantage of their weakness. The only protection I have is 2 forts (well, 4 but they're really spread out so I tend to just use the closest 2) and I almost got it once but stupid axe guy refused to dodge magic that only had a 48% chance to hit him THREE TIMES IN A GODDAMN ROW. I just about threw my 3DS across the room. I almost had it that time but no apparently 48% isn't good enough dodge chance. He only needed to dodge a single goddamn spell out of 3 and he would have survived. I should have left him dead. Except he was tanking for Donny who probably would have immediately gone down next.

Also sending my pegasus lady to kill the mages was such a good idea until one of them had Elwind and shot her down.

Enjoying the game but Jesus Christ. And this is the first random encounter of the game!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

What mission is it? Fire Emblem doesn't have "random encounters"...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
Chapter 4. Some red dude showed up on the world map and I have the option to fight them. When I do there's no mission name, just 'Challenge' and the name of the map.