Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Agreed. Didn't help that a lot of the early histories of his presidency, and the war itself for that matter, were written by Southerners who ~*for some odd reason*~ didn't seem that objective in their treatments.

I'll never forget hearing it called "The War of Northern Aggression" when I went down South for the first time. You shot first, dicknoses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

The idea of (even the possibility of) Obama being appointed the Designated Adult is hilarious but also pretty sad.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

myron cope posted:

The idea of (even the possibility of) Obama being appointed the Designated Adult is hilarious but also pretty sad.
Yeah, and I'm desperately hoping that I can find something on freep that covers it because I'm sure it'll be loving hilarious.

I have things to do today, so only one more for now.

From Ryan stops vote on bringing back earmarks posted by freeper conservativepoet

the excerpt posted:

Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) on Wednesday persuaded GOP lawmakers to postpone a vote on a measure to bring back legislative earmarks.

"Based on the comments by members, it was likely that an earmark amendment would have passed," a GOP source in the room told The Hill. "Ultimately, the speaker stepped in and urged that we not make this decision today.”

"We just had a 'drain the swamp' election," Ryan said in a private meeting of the House Republican conference, according to CNN. "Let's not just turn around and bring back earmarks two weeks later."

Let's see if freep understands the difference between earmarks as a deal-making mechanism and earmarks as porkbarrel bullshit. No. What did you think?

quote:

To: conservativepoet

Trump should tell them he will veto ANYTHING that has an earmark, or is more than one page.

6 posted on 11/16/2016, 1:54:27 PM by Mr. K (Trump is running against EVERYONE. The Democrats, The Media, and the establishment GOP)

... CR?

quote:

The GOPee has yet to hear the message. PRyno will let this through later under the cover of darkness.
Will Trump let him get away with a CR?

16 posted on 11/16/2016, 1:59:39 PM by Paladin2 (No spellcheck. It's too much work to undo the auto wrong word substitution on mobile devices.)

"I'm going to write them some very nasty emails!"

quote:

Ryan gets it. I wanna’ know who wants to bring back earmarks. I want NAMES!

18 posted on 11/16/2016, 2:01:59 PM by muleskinner

Here's a 1998 freeper making sense.

quote:

To: All

This . . . is nothing.

We’ll see what’s what in 3 months when the debt ceiling raise is required. That’s when he has to be persuasive, because it’s a really easy vote for the Dems. They’ll just say no and the GOP will have to furnish ALL the votes.

And no, don’t say . . . okay don’t raise it. Then you have to find 600B to cut and if you look at the budget you’ll see that doesn’t happen without DoD or Soc Sec.

36 posted on 11/16/2016, 2:40:57 PM by Owen

And then comes Kit Cat

quote:

To: Paladin2

Trump WILL NOT let them get away with earmarks NO WAY, Trump s going to put through infrastructure spending throughout the country which should be enough bacon for ALL states!!! HOWEVER WE ALL KNOW these earmarks go to their DONORS and Trump WILL NOT approve of this BS!!!!

37 posted on 11/16/2016, 2:42:59 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)

And even more Kit Cat!

quote:

To: 9YearLurker

These IDIOTS do NOT KNOW what they are up against, Trump WILL COME directly to the people and tell us EXACTLY what these ASSHATS are up to LYIN RYAN is a SNAKE and WILL NOT last as SPEAKER, McCarthy is another SNAKE I have my eyes on him also!!!!

38 posted on 11/16/2016, 2:48:55 PM by Trump Girl Kit Cat (Yosemite Sam raising hell)

I really can't wait for these high hopes to be dashed.

I really can't stop hoping that their high hopes are going to be dashed.

I really can't stop needing to hope.

Meanwhile, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THEY THINK TRUMP HAS AN ATTENTION SPAN

quote:

To: Mr. K

“Trump should tell them he will veto ANYTHING that has an earmark, or is more than one page.”

I’ve got a feeling Trump (or his attorney) will read every word of the bills presented to him. Nothing will be snuck past him. There won’t be any “Just give me a pen.”

49 posted on 11/16/2016, 3:10:27 PM by moovova

WENDLE continues to provide no proof that he is not a troll.

quote:

To: entropy12

Wait. Please . I am Braveheart!! Ryan did the right thing. Let us commend that. He is young. He is pragmatic. Boehner fed him a line of rat poo poo and he bit but what if he turns? Not to Trump — but to the best interest of America. If you read my posts ( don’t) you will see me blow torch the bastard. But what if I was wrong? I don’t mind being wrong. I just want to be wrong in the RIGHT SIDE!! Let these guys come home!! Kill the fatted calf!! Get the a best cloak!! God Bless this country and Ryan — Please come to help us, Paul!!

69 posted on 11/16/2016, 6:04:17 PM by WENDLE (Sanctuary cities are OBSTRUCTING JUSTICE-- A BIG TIME CRIME!! PROSECUTE!!)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Alter Ego posted:

I'll never forget hearing it called "The War of Northern Aggression" when I went down South for the first time. You shot first, dicknoses.

I was fortunate enough to be able to take a Civil War seminar with Reid Mitchell when I was in grad school (he did a year as a visiting professor at my school), and he remarked that, as a Louisianan, he himself had had hopes of being able to explain things back to all the Lost Causers back home when he'd first started his career, that the main problem was that they wouldn't hear such talk from a Yankee, but might from a fellow southerner. He also admitted that, in retrospect, it was a staggering naive thing to hope for.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Jesus Christ why on earth do they think that bills all need to be one page :psyduck:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Alter Ego posted:

Jesus Christ why on earth do they think that bills all need to be one page :psyduck:

They're idiots who feel threatened by anything more complicated or nuanced than a Denny's menu.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Captain_Maclaine posted:

They're idiots who feel threatened by anything more complicated or nuanced than a Denny's menu.

Hell, same.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Captain_Maclaine posted:

I don't know, man--have you ever tried to get substitutions on a Moon Over My Hammy?

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Alter Ego posted:

I don't know, man--have you ever tried to get substitutions on a Moon Over My Hammy?

That's due to the waiters being stoned off their rear end, not anything to do with the menu. :colbert:

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

I’ve got a feeling Trump (or his attorney) will read every word of the bills presented to him. Nothing will be snuck past him. There won’t be any “Just give me a pen.”

49 posted on 11/16/2016, 3:10:27 PM by moovova
If there's one thing Trump is known for...

Alter Ego posted:

Obamacare was a million billion pages long so no one read it and it had so much bad stuff in it and complicated is bad!!!

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I just...it hurts my brain. Do these people read books? Do they get mad because the author doesn't add the Cliffs Notes version at the front so they don't have to read all those LONG, BORING pages?

Do they also demand that their food be pre-chewed for them at restaurants too because they don't wanna waste those precious calories?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Probably told him that the GOP is just itching to impeach him so they can have their man Pence in the seat instead of some loose cannon. Trump is nothing more than a useful idiot to them.

Trump isn't getting impeached for anything short of giving Putin a rimjob in public. A Republican Congress going after a Republican President, especially one with the support that Trump had from the howling masses, would be open season on said incumbents from the hard-rights in the primaries. No chance they risk their political careers over such a move.

The only slightly more probable scenario is that Trump becomes so overwhelmed by the position that he resigns. What makes that unlikely is that it becomes the ultimate admission of failure from a person who's built his reputation on never failing in anything in life, and living in that kind of persona surely has replaced reality in Trump's own mind.

The only way you're not getting at least four years of the Thousand Year Trumpenreich is if he becomes physically incapable of executing the office of the Presidency. (I'd add mentally in there as well, but who the gently caress would know.) But if anything, removing Trump from the picture in a way that his loudest supporters couldn't cry foul over would be the worst news for libs/Dems, since then you've got a unified Republican party with a "reasonable" President on top and complete control over the federal government and no reasonable fear that the far-right would rebel and take control again.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
No, I want a completely addled Trump stubbornly running for reelection in 2020, against a candidate not named Hillary Clinton and with Debbie Wasserman-Schultz attached to a rocket that's speeding toward the sun.

If 2020's candidate is engaging, charismatic, and articulate? Even better.

However, I could see him resigning the office in a "gently caress you" kind of huff because he's decided he doesn't want it anymore. Trump wanted to be President the same way you or I might want a cold beer.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Nov 17, 2016

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Alter Ego posted:

I just...it hurts my brain. Do these people read books? Do they get mad because the author doesn't add the Cliffs Notes version at the front so they don't have to read all those LONG, BORING pages?

They are absolutely the sort that don't read books, but get really, really mad about specific books due to what they see about them on freep, or just assume given the titles and/or authors' names.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

So basically we're hog tied to a railway and we have no chance of getting away from the roaring train?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

It's like they drew this after watching Blazing Saddles.

Alter Ego posted:

Don't malign Grant. He was a genuinely good man who trusted the wrong people, and his first term was actually above average for that era of Presidents.

Trump's first term will end up more like Franklin Pierce.

If we did this we'd have a "Designated Survivor" type scenario where all but a few government officials haven't been mulched and we need to start from scratch.

I don't mean Grant is Trump. I like Grant, he was an awseome guy, even still trying to help people that served under him in his final years,
But his second term he did pretty much what trump is doing now, stacking friends and supporters in positions that are and will continue to gently caress him while his term crashes and burns

McGlockenshire posted:

"Let's not just turn around and bring back earmarks two weeks later."

No, let's wait till Trump gets inaugurated and then we'll pass it when the world isn't watching us. Bunch of loving scumbags

Alter Ego posted:

Do they also demand that their food be pre-chewed for them at restaurants too because they don't wanna waste those precious calories?

To be fair, they likely can't read because they can't see the print and get their food pre chewed because they can't chew it/need it broken down a bit in their old age

C. Everett Koop posted:

The only slightly more probable scenario is that Trump becomes so overwhelmed by the position that he resigns. What makes that unlikely is that it becomes the ultimate admission of failure from a person who's built his reputation on never failing in anything in life, and living in that kind of persona surely has replaced reality in Trump's own mind.

Despite failing a hilarious amounts of times. If anythng Trump is just going to hand the reins to Pence and go on constant rallies and poo poo to sooth his ego

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 17, 2016

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Freepers: Wait. Please . I am Braveheart!!

My one solace in this election cycle is that they're incapable of staying happy about anything.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

Annointed posted:

So basically we're hog tied to a railway and we have no chance of getting away from the roaring train?

We're hog tied to a railway, but legally the only thing that can be done is to replace the blind train driver with one that actively wants to run you over.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Bremen posted:

We're hog tied to a railway, but legally the only thing that can be done is to replace the blind train driver with one that actively wants to run you over.

And the only other hope is for enough people to pull enough levels to drive the train away. And we all know the chances of the Electoral College actually following the will of the people.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
There's nothing better on a gloomy, rainy day than a warm, hearty stew with a side of freeper tears.

From Trump Rumored To Be Appointing Gay Advisor As U.S. Ambassador To The UN posted by freeper SoFloFreeper

quote:

Some may make a big deal out of this....for me, it is more that he is a figure of the Bush team....not that he is homosexual.

thoughts?

1 posted on 11/14/2016, 3:06:04 PM by SoFloFreeper

Well that isn't so bad.

quote:

To: SoFloFreeper

My biggest problem is that it means we’re still recognizing the UN.

2 posted on 11/14/2016, 3:07:00 PM by Rastus (#NeverHillary #AlwaysTrump)

Uhhh

quote:

I’m holding out for Milo Yiannopoulos. Just to hear the speeches.

3 posted on 11/14/2016, 3:08:36 PM by Billthedrill

quote:

Hmmmm. That would be a slam at those Muslim crazys that are in the UN.

4 posted on 11/14/2016, 3:09:01 PM by right way right (May we remain sober over mere men, for God really is our one and only true hope.)

Yeah, I forgot their idiotic views on the UN.

quote:

Hopefully the post is TEMPORARY because he will pull us OUT and evict the UN from American soil - unless of course, DE Basic or Cuomo wants to give thus assortment of freaks, nuts and Marxists “sanctuary”.

6 posted on 11/14/2016, 3:09:11 PM by ZULU (We are freedom's safest place!!!!)

quote:

No problem with gay.

Big problem if he is a sniveling, smarmy progressive.

Get in there and tell the UN to shove it.

8 posted on 11/14/2016, 3:09:54 PM by Da Coyote

Yeah, this is what they're going to go with, isn't it?

quote:

It shows that Trump has total contempt for the UN.

He is telling all those Muslim countries, especially Saudi Arabia and Iran, this is what I think of you.

10 posted on 11/14/2016, 3:10:38 PM by Flavious_Maximus

Oh, finally. I thought you were going soft on me, freep.

quote:

To: Da Coyote

Have a problem with both.

Gay already tells you theres a problem with the person. Period.

27 posted on 11/14/2016, 3:17:38 PM by Secret Agent Man (Gone Galt; Not averse to Going Bronson.)

BREAKING: Obama administration refused to hire white people!

quote:

To: Da Coyote

and I have no problem with gay either....but I want them to reflect their tiny number in actual society, not to overwhelm our govt....same goes for muzzies....

how many of these little white lilies "protesting" out there know that their kind was expressly prohibited for hiring in this present debacle of and administration?

34 posted on 11/14/2016, 3:21:48 PM by cherry

Man they really hate the UN

quote:

I don’t give a cr7p he is gay......I give a cr9p we in the UN. Kick them out, tear it down....give them 30 days to leave the building then implode it.

50 posted on 11/14/2016, 3:31:00 PM by ColdOne ((poochie... Tasha 2000~3/14/11~WE DID IT DEPLORABLES!EraseThe0bagambiLegacy!)

Christ, these people.

quote:

To: Flavious_Maximus

LMAO. Barney Frank would be perfect. He’s lesbian.

52 posted on 11/14/2016, 3:31:59 PM by Navin Johnson

quote:

To: DLfromthedesert

Excerpt from https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/richard-grenell-mitt-romney-spokesman-resigns/2012/05/01/gIQAoDTguT_blog.html

quote:

But he had a reputation as a polarizing figure among press who worked with him in the past, with some U.N. reporters describing Grenell as overbearing and untrustworthy.

After he was hired by Romney and drew scrutiny for some of his past comments about Callista Gingrich and Michelle Obama, among others, Grenell deleted over 800 tweets from his account and took down his personal website.
Press didn’t like him? Derogatory comments about Callista & Michelle? Sound like qualifications to me!
Grenell did exit Romney’s campaign with class IMO.

56 posted on 11/14/2016, 3:38:18 PM by MyDogAteMyBallot

Ah, much better.

quote:

Trump has a lot of social liberals on his team:

Thiel, Giuliani, Flynn, this guy

I'd be happy if they play good functional roles, but I don't want to promote their careers. No elected office for them.

Grenell is a gay marriage supporter who tried to get it established THROUGH THE COURTS. Putting a gay marriage supporter at the UN sends the WRONG message to the rest of the world on this issue. The UN is poised to force gay marriage down the world's throat. Will Grenell concede that it gay marriage is not a fundamental right, two years after claiming that it was?

Deep Six this appointment.

80 posted on 11/15/2016, 3:36:09 AM by cmj328 (We live here.)

There are like three more threads on this, but I think we'll end with this delightful contribution.

quote:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
All that Biblical stuff and then The Health Risks of gay sex. :nallears:

They should stop pretending they care about the material aspects, or else embrace lesbianism as far safer than hetero sex.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Whoa: Mitt Romney to meet with Trump about possible cabinet position posted by freeper lafroste

quote:

Personally, I think he would be good at Dept. of Energy, but only if his mandate was the orderly dismantling of the agency.

1 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:31:30 AM by lafroste

quote:

To: lafroste

Ambassador to the Vatican?

3 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:33:35 AM by 2ndDivisionVet (You cannot invade the mainland US. There'd be a rifle behind every blade of grass.)

quote:

Amuse him, then say thanks.

No department of canine transportation yet.

6 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:34:48 AM by hadaclueonce (This time I am Deplorable)

Yeah, it's mostly bad jokes, "why would he do that" and "well he's more forgiving than I am"

quote:

Don't trust the rumors.

I doubt Trump wants anything to do with Romney.

12 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:35:41 AM by fortheDeclaration (Pr 14:34 Righteousness exalteth a nation:but sin is a reproach to any people)

Okay, so let's talk about bray.

quote:

Ambassador to Backstabistan.

Pray America woke

34 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:41:33 AM by bray (The Silent Majority ROARED)
A handful of freepers have signatures. By signatures I mean that they always end their posts with something separate than their tagline, like the guy that always has "5.56 mm" and the guy that named himself after some general or another and always posts his picture. I've been omitting these because they can be confusing. I'm including bray's here because he's changed it. It was "Pray America wakes" before. Let's also talk about his tagline. While final vote tallies are still coming in (California in particular was very slow to count their absentee ballots), Trump is still on schedule to receive less of the popular vote (as a percentage) than Romney did, while overall only slightly more than half of all eligible voters voted this year. There was no silent majority.

Moving on,

quote:

To: Repealthe17thAmendment

Ughhh...make room for Jeb and Kasich, too. Nooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:43:54 AM by hsmomx3 (Love my Steelers!!)

Freep opinion: Trump is usually a few steps ahead of everyone, that's why nobody in his campaign expected to win and why they didn't pay and then disbanded their policy group and didn't even bother with a transition plan.

quote:

I've grown to detest Mitt Romney and those of his ilk since they went "never Trump" and basically tried to hand the White House over to Crooked Hillary.

However, Trump is usually a few steps ahead of everybody else. If he's meeting with Romney about a position, there's likely a motive or reason that will reveal itself at a later time.

Donald Trump has earned my trust so unless he ever gives me reason otherwise, I trust him implicitly to make the right personnel decisions for his Administration.

73 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:04:27 PM by SamAdams76

More from another thread on the article

quote:

To: ChicagoConservative27

This could be more fake stories from CNN. Romney was Governor of Massachusetts. I can’t think of anything he did here that was note-worthy.

Trump is not having trouble finding qualified candidates for cabinet positions.

20 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:08:37 PM by CatQuilt (Lover of cats =^..^= and quilts)

Oh yeah, Nikki Haley has been floated as Secretary of State. I guess I'm going to have to go dig up those threads also, given this reaction.

quote:

To: proust

I still recall Nikki Haley’s smirking face when she went after a battle flag, accusing the flag of causing homicides. Shows Nikki Haley is mentally unbalanced.

29 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:11:59 PM by apocalypto

Freep opinion: Considering Romney for a position in the Trump administration is the literal definition of Political Correctness

quote:

To: ChicagoConservative27

Hell NO! Talk about the fox in the henhouse! This would be a HUGELY horrible move to put ANY of these horrid never Trumpers anywhere near this administration. Makes me angry just to think of it. Talk about PC!

32 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:13:21 PM by battletank

Ten dimensional chess!

quote:

To: woweeitsme

It is just for show and to play mind games with the traitors who shunned him.

Publically he looks gracious and inclusive, a complete absence of vindictiveness. Privately he is building up their hopes and seeming to spread goodwill, but he has no intention of rewarding these traitors.

Loyalty is everything to Zpresident Trump. He will never reward the disloyal. He is just playing them like a cat toying with a mouse.

That said, President Trump ia all about performance and results. If one of his traitors was clearly the best at a given job, President Trump would use him if he knew he could keep him close in lieu of outright trust, because he cannot trust a traitor.

He is just doing this for show and to work his enemies. It is brilliant and so fun to watch.

68 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:33:31 PM by Freedom_Is_Not_Free (The GOP will see the light, because Trump will make them feel the heat.)

So yeah, what position is Romney up for?

From BREAKING: Source familiar w/ Trump's thinking confirms Sunday's meeting w/ Gov. Mitt Romney is to discuss position of Secretary of State. posted by freeper MountainWalker

Ten Eleven dimensional chess!

quote:

To: MountainWalker

throwing smoke screens and causing MSM meltdown.

4 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:25:07 PM by conservativepoet

No seriously though, there's speculation that they've been leaking incorrect information in an attempt to gently caress with the MSM, so we really should be taking this with a grain of salt.

Mind you, that won't stop me from thinking it's loving hilarious.

quote:

To: MountainWalker

I’m just here to see how many idiots react to something from the MSM as if it’s true.

14 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:29:03 PM by VanDeKoik

quote:

To: GnuThere

No matter what role, Romney will be there to launch his next President run. And undermine Trump the whole way. No way not buyin the bury the hatchet BS

22 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:32:30 PM by Swanks

Eleven Twelve dimensional chess!

quote:

To: Lurkinanloomin

Targeted leaks to cause confusion, angst, and raise speculation to fever pitch.

Trump plays the media like a fiddle.

They learned nothing .....

31 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:37:36 PM by Col Frank Slade

And from another thread on the subject

quote:

To: WKUHilltopper

I am glad this ridiculous news is coming from a fake website

4 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:26:52 PM by S.O.L.

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/17/romney-and-trump-to-discuss-secretary-of-state-position-nbc-source-says.html

Yup, sure looks like a fake website to me, being CNBC and all.

quote:

Comment #5 Removed by Moderator

HEY GUESS WHAT FREEP YOU MAY WELL HAVE BEEN HAD

quote:

To: monkapotamus

Hes’s not going to hand everything over to Ryan and Romney or we’ve been had!!!

9 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:29:20 PM by acoulterfan

quote:

To: S.O.L.

CNBC=Certified Nothing But Crap. The subversives like b#tching about big, evil corporations, but they just love getting their “news” from them.

13 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:30:47 PM by WKUHilltopper

quote:

Instead of saying “Noooooo”, ask yourself “Why choose a governor as SoS?”. What does he bring to the table?

After all, the MSM is not going to give you the truth so why immediately believe them?

23 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:35:09 PM by AppyPappy (If you really want to irritate someone, point out something obvious they are trying hard to ignore.)

This is the kind of reaction I think Trump is going for with this stupidity.

quote:

We know the media makes up news. I’ll wait for a Trump tweet. Thank you for playing!!

24 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:35:51 PM by Sacajaweau

There's been a lot of "noooooo" in these threads, but this one takes the cake

quote:

NOOOOOOO! we need someone strong and who will CLEAN OUT the Nazis from the SnakeDept!

26 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:37:07 PM by faithhopecharity ("Politicians are not born. They're excreted." Marcus Tullius Cicero.)

quote:

The shame is, Romney would probably be a decent Secretary of State. But he didn’t support Trump at all. Could Trump trust him not to badmouth him?

38 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:44:16 PM by MAGA2017

[citation needed]

quote:

To: Dawn53Fl

Kissinger

What I like about Trump is that he is confident enough to get advice and assistance even from people he might not agree with, but who know a lot more than he does about their area. This is a leader.

56 posted on 11/17/2016, 1:01:09 PM by Genoa (Luke 12:2)

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
FYI that "some general or other" was Nathan Bedford Forrest, best remembered as the founder of the KKK.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Normally, I'd say that I can't wait for the day when Freep realizes they've been had and Donald Trump isn't actually a Machiavellian genius, but they're so loving stupid they would never admit it.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Haha, I just said this in another thread, but they'll just sit there saying for 4 years that <insert policy here> is a smokescreen that he's using to get ready for his second term when the real fun begins.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Alter Ego posted:

Normally, I'd say that I can't wait for the day when Freep realizes they've been had and Donald Trump isn't actually a Machiavellian genius, but they're so loving stupid they would never admit it.

Much like they did for W, they will suddenly remember that they never really supported Trump, claim they were always uneasy about him, and yearn for the day when the GOP finally nominated a True ConservativeTM to lead us from the liberal darkness.

Some will likely go even further and claim Freep was always behind Cruz, who would have been the right choice if only the people's voices were heard.

Captain_Maclaine fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 17, 2016

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

There's nothing better on a gloomy, rainy day than a warm, hearty stew with a side of freeper tears.

From Trump Rumored To Be Appointing Gay Advisor As U.S. Ambassador To The UN posted by freeper SoFloFreeper

Yet they always manage to never post this part of that book they love thumping
Ezekiel 16:48-50
Also love that the freeper changed the term "know" to sex, because as we all sex the word "know" always means sex, otherwise we'd sex better because be sex. I sex that freep won't get this

Celery Jello posted:

Haha, I just said this in another thread, but they'll just sit there saying for 4 years that <insert policy here> is a smokescreen that he's using to get ready for his second term when the real fun begins.

Yeah, we heard that all the time from them for Obama when it came to sweeping gun control, muslim take over, Christian oppression, and the gay agenda.

V If they want the Nazis cleaned out, when are Trump and his team giving up control?

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 18, 2016

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

What I like about Trump is that he is confident enough to get advice and assistance even from people he might not agree with, but who know a lot more than he does about their area. This is a leader.

56 posted on 11/17/2016, 1:01:09 PM by Genoa (Luke 12:2)

Yes. It takes a great man to make their political opponent Secretary of State. :allears:

quote:

NOOOOOOO! we need someone strong and who will CLEAN OUT the Nazis from the SnakeDept!

26 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:37:07 PM by faithhopecharity ("Politicians are not born. They're excreted." Marcus Tullius Cicero.)
Yes. Wouldn't want Nazis associated with Trump. :geno:

Merica
Jan 28, 2009
The Donald works in mysterious ways. Far be it for us to attempt to understand them

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Alter Ego posted:

If we did this we'd have a "Designated Survivor" type scenario where all but a few government officials haven't been mulched and we need to start from scratch.

Not seeing the problem here.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Annointed posted:

Kinda. I should note that IANAL or anyone who really knows politics, but I could argue that Trump actually trying to be President could be the best-case scenario. There, he goes against Republican leadership in doing whatever he thinks is right, leading to stalemates between a Republican President and a Republican Congress, as well as the possibility that Trump goes to the Democrats in order to make deals and gain votes once Republicans start to enforce the line against him like they did Obama. This goes with the idea that the Republican voters are more loyal to Trump then they are Republican leadership, leaving Congress between an orange rock and a loud, ignorant place. They can't just try to replace Trump, for reasons I've argued earlier.

Trump as just a figurehead might be the worst case scenario, since it has everyone on the same page with Trump taking credit for it all despite doing no real work, which might be what he wants in the end. That's the kind of scenario that turns into a Trump re-election and a veto-proof majority, and as much as I think people have turned apocalyptic with the fear of the unknown of a Trump presidency, they'd have real reason to be afraid in this case.

Alter Ego posted:

This is the only thing that does scare me, since the majority of Trump's die-hards won't admit to any faults against him, blaming whichever convenient target they can think of. Another chunk will disavow Trump but will latch onto the next false idol they find who will promise them whatever they want to hear.

But there's going to be some who wake up in '17/'18/'19 and realize that they're not any better off then they were before. And that the wall hasn't been built and mass deportations haven't happened and it's not illegal to be black or brown or gay or Muslim, and they're going to realize that they've been lied to again. These are the ones who will come to the conclusion that if Trump can't/won't give them what they want, then no one in the government can, and they're going to have to take matters into their own hands. This is what I'm worried about, the person who latched onto Trump's rhetoric and the way he delivered it, buying in completely, and finds themselves even worse off than before, meaning they have nothing to lose. I'm less worried about China or Russia trying something then the next George Zimmerman deciding I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time, whether I end up finding him or he ends up finding me. And if that becomes the new normal, having to look over your shoulder at anyone who might decide to deliver their idea of justice at any place and time, then that's the tipping point we might not be able to recover from.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Army secretary: Obama's social changes are here to stay posted by freeper ColdOne

the excerpt posted:

It'll be "very hard" for President-elect Trump to undo many of the social changes President Obama implemented in the military should he decide to do so, the Army secretary said on Thursday.

Eric Fanning acknowledged that the path to social change over the course of history "has never been purely linear."

"But I do think it's very hard to roll things back completely," Fanning said at the Defense One Summit in Washington. "Society is changing very quickly."

He also said the decisions the military has already made will make it more difficult to kick people out of the service who have already been accepted.

Right then, let's get the low-hanging fruit out of the way.

quote:

To: Sacajaweau

Trump to Fanning: You’re fired.

3 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:37:51 AM by littleharbour

quote:

To: ColdOne

Eric Fanny?

5 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:38:23 AM by beethovenfan (I always try to maximize my carbon footprint.)

quote:

This rear end bandit is gonna tell us what to do?

6 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:38:28 AM by SJSAMPLE

quote:

No, society is not changing. Your little social engineering experiment is about to end. Adults will be back in charge very shortly.

9 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:38:40 AM by wrench

quote:

It starts by banning open homosexuals in the military.
You may have a right to do whatever you want, but you don't have a right to do it in the military.

10 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:39:14 AM by Psalm 73 ("Gentlemen, you can't fight in here - this is the War Room".)

There are another hundred posts after this one, yet I'm tempted to just stop here.

quote:

He also said the decisions the military has already made will make it more difficult to kick people out of the service who have already been accepted.

Not everybody will be kicked out.

Women in Combat Arms will reclass.

Transsexuals can be kicked out. They are such a small part of the population that they can be separated and nobody would miss them.

15 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:41:15 AM by Gamecock (Gun owner. Christian. Pro-American. Pro Law and Order. I am in the basket of deplorables.)

quote:

To: wrench

No, society is not changing. Your little social engineering experiment is about to end. Adults will be back in charge very shortly.

And then they need to start the purges of every military officer that put their own careers ahead of the good of the service. Every officer who did not offer to resign rather than implement idiot kooky social experiments, needs to be cashiered.

19 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:42:33 AM by DiogenesLamp ("of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty.")

quote:

To: littleharbour

Exactly. This fag will be fired eventually and so will the rest of his snowflake staff and policies. I would volunteer for the Trump admin just to do this job of firing this puke.

20 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:42:43 AM by max americana (fired every liberal in our company at every election cycle..and laughed at their faces (true story))

Freep opinions: Why wasn't Obama passing actual laws!?!?

quote:

Yes, it could take up to two weeks for President Trump to sort this out.

As horrifying as it has been to watch Obama run roughshod over our social order and especially our military using Executive Orders and bureaucratic regulations the one saving grace is that a new executive can just as easily un-do it all.

If Obozo had bothered to pass actual laws it could have taken months for Trump to straighten things out.

23 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:45:13 AM by Junk Silver

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh. Oh.

quote:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/first-openly-gay-army-secretary-confirmed-n575661

24 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:45:14 AM by polymuser (Enough is enough!)

quote:

Fanning do one now, before you are fired.

Social changes if you want that should have been left to the Generals of the branches, which means the Marine Corps where one of my sons is right now would not have to put up with stupid sissy crap like affirmative action classes, sexual discrimination classes while he was in boot camp.

The Drill Instructors there are told not to swear at recruits, yea right like that is listened too, so you see the real men in the Marine Corps are saying to you Fanning and you social justice fairies that you can all piss off.

30 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:49:05 AM by manc ( If they want so called marriage equality then they should support polygamy too.)

You don't understand! He found me sexy! That's why I had to beat him up!

quote:

To: Psalm 73

Men and women do not bunk together, nor do they share the same showers, and yet these perverts like Fanning think it is alright to have homosexuals share showers, and bunks with those who they want sex with. sicko;s

34 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:50:12 AM by manc ( If they want so called marriage equality then they should support polygamy too.)

quote:

Who elected Fanning The human being king? Get him out!

35 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:51:22 AM by TTFlyer

quote:

To: Maverick68

He could roll back MOST of the social changes by simply changing the physical requirements.

EXACTLY

Make the same physical requirements for all branches , and you watch that the social changes will fall apart.
Let drill instructors do their job.
Did you know the Army not Marines get given a stress card to use, and when they are feeling stressed in boot camp they produce this card, and are given a couple of hours I think it is to relax?

Yes my Marine son the Marines make fun of the Army for that too.

38 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:52:36 AM by manc ( If they want so called marriage equality then they should support polygamy too.)
Snopes: Are military recruits issued a stress card they can present to drill sergeants who are giving them a hard time? FALSE

Snopes posted:

Change is also threatening, and any shift in how things are run will always bring out the doomsayers, those who will feel it their duty to point out everything is about to come apart. They will hold up any small misstep and repeat any wild tale that seemingly confirms their gloomy prognostications. Just as the influx of women into the armed forces raised misgivings often expressed in "Told you so" kinds of tales, so the "stress card" canard quickly caught on in military lore because it captured the essence of what many believe, that today's army has gone soft.
Well put.

[citation needed]

quote:

Part of it is that Obama has purged hundreds if not thousands of officers from the military for failing to enthusiastically implement his political correctness requirements.

48 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:56:34 AM by kaehurowing

quote:

I agree. Obama installed minions at every level and changed the culture in military organizations and government agencies. Trump can undo Obama’s damage, but it will be very hard to identify all the players unless trump just purges every civilian in the military and government hired after 2012. He can do it but it will be hard.

50 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:56:55 AM by Freedom_Is_Not_Free (The GOP will see the light, because Trump will make them feel the heat.)

gently caress you.

quote:

Hope the first thing is: again allowing the chaplains to evangelize, in Jesus' name...

51 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:57:15 AM by stylin19a (obama = Fredo smart)

quote:

You won’t be there to see the rollback, you evil sodomite.

53 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:57:28 AM by TADSLOS (God Bless President-Elect Trump! God Bless the United States of America!)

Yes, I'm including every one of these.

quote:

Denial is a river in Egypt. It will not be hard. all that Trump has to do is make a decree and its done. Faggy Fanning will be replaced by a seasoned and serious military minded professional.

57 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:59:47 AM by DarthVader ("These lying tyrants are about to get hit with a tsunami of destruction on their evil reign." Gaffer)

quote:

To: polymuser; All

And what exactly qualifies him to be the secretary of the Army other than being a homosexual...nothing, not a GD thing.

He will be replaced with a competent, qualified, field and battle tested American Patriot (I hope) someone who has real Army experience and can command respect from the troops, vice DEMAND respect from the troops — I am unapologetic about the fact that if you are a guy and you take it up the a$$ you will NEVER and I do mean NEVER gain my trust or respect, period, full stop!!!

59 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:01:57 PM by areukiddingme1 (areukiddingme1 is a synonym for a Retired U.S. Navy Chief Petty Officer and tired of liberal BS.))

This is the only post in the thread so far implying that women are fine in the armed forces. Every other mention of women has been by proxy in the "well just change the physical requirements" bullshit.

quote:

“...the decisions the military has already made will make it more difficult to kick people out of the service...”

And, they will make it far more difficult to attract good, dedicated people to the service. PC ‘leaders’ with their snowflake minions cannot protect our republic. It takes hard, rough, men and women who will do whatever is necessary, without question - whatever that may be.

60 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:02:17 PM by beelzepug (For English press #1; for Spanish, learn English and press #1)

quote:

To: areukiddingme1

And what exactly qualifies him to be the secretary of the Army other than being a homosexual...nothing, not a GD thing.

Nothing, except Satan's queer legion including Barrack Hussein Obama wanting him to be.

65 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:06:46 PM by polymuser (Enough is enough!)

"Forced him out"... How?

quote:

Too late for my kid... Fanning and Crew forced him out. He would have loved the incoming C-in-C.

68 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:11:11 PM by niteowl77 (Don't need no Bushes. Don't need no Clintons. Don't need no fooling around.)

Freepers really, really hate change.

quote:

To: manc

Another difference is that the Marine Corps will not allow Marines to ever wear their camo’s outside of base while other branches do, because the Corps believes once you leave camp in uniform you should look professional at all times and that is why they always wear their blues uniform.

The Air force used to be the same way but now they can even wear their cammies while flying commercial. Disgusting.

87 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:30:54 PM by OldMissileer (Atlas, Titan, Minuteman, PK. Winners of the Cold War)

quote:

In my dream, Trump has a complete unit of brilliant men whose sole job is to pursue the previous administartion’s lawless tribe and efficiently and MERCILESSLY prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law (in some cases moderated...if they SING!). They CANNOT be allowed to sail off into the sunset.

88 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:31:20 PM by avenir (I'm pessimistic about man, but I'm optimistic about GOD!)

quote:

This idiot never served a single day as either an enlisted man or an officer in any branch of service.... added to the fact that he’s the first openly gay human being to be appointed head of one of our military forces, his very quick departure in the the land of rainbows should signal an end to this nonsense.

90 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:32:07 PM by Becky24

[citation needed]

quote:

My oldest is in the Marine Corps, and he said all Marines, not just most, but all are loving it when Trump takes over, and can;t wait for obama to leave.

I live right next to Quantico MCB and I know the current companies training at The Basic School, TBS, have openly homosexual females attending. I have seen several of them and they do not have the physical aptitude to complete TBS but they will be allowed to graduate. One of the Lieutenants is about 5' and 95lbs and dragged her "wife" here with herself.

92 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:35:12 PM by OldMissileer (Atlas, Titan, Minuteman, PK. Winners of the Cold War)

quote:

To: Lion Den Dan

We know they will all litigate, in military court.
I think before he moves in this area, the first thing he will want to do is make sure the military judges are patriots.
Once his people are in place, from top down, he will be free to restore our once great military to its former greatness.

93 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:36:40 PM by Right-wing Librarian (Suck it up, Buttercups!)

Impeccable logic!

quote:

To: TTFlyer

Who elected Fanning The human being king? Get him out!

Homos promote their own so you can guess which Muslim homo appointed him...

95 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:38:53 PM by jsanders2001

quote:

And of course, since social change in the Army cannot be too different from whence the Army recruits, the Army is going to be used as a laboratory to impose its standards on the rest of us, an untenable situation.

FU FEDS. STATE CONFEDERATIVE RIGHTS NOW!!!

97 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:41:54 PM by lavaroise (s)

quote:

all trump has to do is cite the INCREASE in gay rapes since don’t ask don’t tell was repealed, and since transsexuals were allowed to serve openly- and make the statement “You tried and failed- Your little social experiment put GOOD Men and women at risk of irreversible harm- and many are now suffering having been raped that would not have been raped before the ban was lifted- Game over- Experiment over! My job is to make men and women safer, not put them at greater risk like your pathetic failed social experiment did!”

113 posted on 11/17/2016, 2:13:06 PM by Bob434
Fact check: this bit of absurdity has made the circles in the right wing echo chamber. It's all based on other articles by respectable mainstream news sources, all talking about how male rape has been under-reported in the military until the past few years. The reports have gone up because they're actually being reported now instead of ignored. This is part of the cultural change that freep is so desperate to fight against.

Not sure if this is stdh.txt or

quote:

We had a homo in my platoon at Fort Ord when the Vietnam war was in full operation. Most of the guys in my platoon were white and he was not. In our gang showers, he would go wacko and start grab-assing everyone near him and guys would have to start punching the bastard to keep him away...not good...

I would not want to serve in combat with anybody like him because I would never be able to trust him in a gun fight

128 posted on 11/17/2016, 3:43:56 PM by Stayfree (FlushHillary.com says "NEVER HILLARY", "NEVER HILLARY", "NEVER HILLARY")

quote:

To: Kenton

Adak, Alaska

A great place for all the faggots and trannies...sort the out and ship them out immediately

129 posted on 11/17/2016, 3:45:48 PM by Stayfree (FlushHillary.com says "NEVER HILLARY", "NEVER HILLARY", "NEVER HILLARY")

quote:

To: PhiloBedo

I wonder if it’s possible to entice those who were purged to return to the service?

Sort through them all and find the best and offer them bonuses to return...we need them. Send the queens and trannies to the most remote installation available.

133 posted on 11/17/2016, 3:53:48 PM by Stayfree (FlushHillary.com says "NEVER HILLARY", "NEVER HILLARY", "NEVER HILLARY")

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Electoral College member from Texas might go rogue, says he's undecided

Revolution is Coming!

quote:

To: Timpanagos1

If the electors revolt and vote in Hillary, I think we all know what time it is. About 60-100 million Americans will know what time it is, and Americans will act accordingly.

2 posted on 11/17/2016 10:13:36 PM PST by FreedomStar3028 (Somebody has to step forward and do what is right because it is right, otherwise no one will follow.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: FreedomStar3028

The 2nd amendment includes resistance to tyranny.

5 posted on 11/17/2016 10:16:57 PM PST by BigEdLB (To Dimwitocrats: We won. You lost. Get used to it.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

See even Freep knows what's going to happen.

quote:

Now that this Electoral Voter has advertised himself as a Weak Link, there will be unrelenting pressure on him to change his vote. They will pursue him like a swarm of African Killer Bees. And why wouldn’t they?, these folks who don’t believe conservatives have a right to their opinion. He’s going to regret being so public about being wishy-washy.

6 posted on 11/17/2016 10:21:36 PM PST by lee martell

quote:

A faithless elector should be arrested, tried, fined heavily and imprisoned for breach of the public trust. Period.

7 posted on 11/17/2016 10:22:02 PM PST by Don W ( When blacks riot, neighborhoods and cities burn. When whites riot, nations and continents burn.)

quote:

To: All

This guy set to vote doesn’t even understand he has no swamp.

Been drained.

Must be a lobbyist.

9 posted on 11/17/2016 10:24:05 PM PST by 80skid
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Don W

thats a good start.

If the electors voting results in anything less than a Trump presidency , then we all know where to start.

See the difference between the liberal left and conservative right is that , while they love to give the appearance of being all in , they really aren’t .

If we, on the other hand, ever come to the conclusion that any entity , any where, is attempting to make American votes , useless, the Sh@! will truly be on .

Tell the people that voted for Trump that they have nothing to lose and you will see what real protest looks like.

The kind that don’t involve bull horns.

10 posted on 11/17/2016 10:29:43 PM PST by ping jockey
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

Is he scheduled to go to Mars early next year? Otherwise his life could be a living hell if he follows through on this.

11 posted on 11/17/2016 10:36:38 PM PST by 2ndDivisionVet (You cannot invade the mainland US. There'd be a rifle behind every blade of grass.)

quote:

Comment #12 Removed by Moderator

quote:

Art Sisneros, one of 538 electors with the final say on who becomes the next U.S. president, says he's undecided on how to vote.

Hey, Art - that whole "abiding by the law" thingee?

You'd best hope that the Deplorables don't "lose interest" in that part of the system. :)

13 posted on 11/17/2016 10:36:53 PM PST by kiryandil (Will Hillary's BrownShirt Media thugs demand that The Deplorables all wear six-pointed Orange Stars?)

quote:

Comment #17 Removed by Moderator
(I actually caught this one before it got removed, but it was the personal address of the faithless elector so I'm not going to repost it.)

quote:

Serious question, if someone publicly states this, why not just replace them now?

Is that possible?

19 posted on 11/17/2016 10:47:40 PM PST by Florida1181

quote:

A handful of electors being faithless won’t matter - Trump has 36 EV to spare.

If the result is overturned, however... I don’t see how to prevent a shooting war at that point.

25 posted on 11/17/2016 11:03:17 PM PST by thoughtomator (Purple: the color of sedition)

quote:

Is he more Mexican than American who wants to ruin the principles that brought him or his ancestors here?

26 posted on 11/17/2016 11:05:50 PM PST by amihow

quote:

If they counted all the absentee ballots, which go GOP 2:1, and counted the military ballots, Hillary would not have won the popular vote.

Then there is the issue of voting machines that flipped from Trump to Clinton, plus millions of illegal aliens voting, multiple votes from God knows how many democrat activists, etc., there is no way “that woman” won the popular vote.

28 posted on 11/17/2016 11:09:58 PM PST by july4thfreedomfoundation (November 8, 2016..... Donald Trump schlongs Hillary Clinton. 306 Electoral Votes)

quote:

"A faithless elector should be arrested, tried, fined heavily and imprisoned for breach of the public trust. Period."

I disagree.

He should be hung. Period.

31 posted on 11/17/2016 11:26:39 PM PST by profit_guy

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

McGlockenshire posted:

9 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:38:40 AM by wrench

There it is, the pure essence of freep. Despite constant societal change they deny and need to be drug kicking and screaming through each advancement

Jagged Jim posted:

If the electors revolt and vote in Hillary, I think we all know what time it is. About 60-100 million Americans will know what time it is, and Americans will act accordingly.

2 posted on 11/17/2016 10:13:36 PM PST by FreedomStar3028 (Somebody has to step forward and do what is right because it is right, otherwise no one will follow.)

Just a reminder, these are the same people that were saying this before the election, then 180'd when "liberals" started protesting.

and lol at 60-100 million, Trump only had some 60 million votes and of that I doubt a very large swath has the time or desire to gently caress their lives over

Jagged Jim posted:

Now that this Electoral Voter has advertised himself as a Weak Link, there will be unrelenting pressure on him to change his vote. They will pursue him like a swarm of African Killer Bees. And why wouldn’t they?, these folks who don’t believe conservatives have a right to their opinion. He’s going to regret being so public about being wishy-washy.

6 posted on 11/17/2016 10:21:36 PM PST by lee martell

A faithless elector should be arrested, tried, fined heavily and imprisoned for breach of the public trust. Period.

7 posted on 11/17/2016 10:22:02 PM PST by Don W ( When blacks riot, neighborhoods and cities burn. When whites riot, nations and continents burn.)

People should be allowed their opinions, unless they don't align with mine. Priceless

quote:

thats a good start.

If the electors voting results in anything less than a Trump presidency , then we all know where to start.

See the difference between the liberal left and conservative right is that , while they love to give the appearance of being all in , they really aren’t .

If we, on the other hand, ever come to the conclusion that any entity , any where, is attempting to make American votes , useless, the Sh@! will truly be on .

Tell the people that voted for Trump that they have nothing to lose and you will see what real protest looks like.

The kind that don’t involve bull horns.

10 posted on 11/17/2016 10:29:43 PM PST by ping jockey

"Waah waah waah, look at these stupid liberals rioting, how unAmerican"
"Electorates see Trump as a joke and change their votes? Riot, we're gonna riot!"
They're screwed if they decide that the electorates should be thrown under the bus though because the popular would give Hill the reins

quote:

Art Sisneros, one of 538 electors with the final say on who becomes the next U.S. president, says he's undecided on how to vote.

Hey, Art - that whole "abiding by the law" thingee?

You'd best hope that the Deplorables don't "lose interest" in that part of the system.

13 posted on 11/17/2016 10:36:53 PM PST by kiryandil (Will Hillary's BrownShirt Media thugs demand that The Deplorables all wear six-pointed Orange Stars?)

It's not a law though. They're pledged to vote that way but don't have to because candidates aren't supposed to be dumpster fires caught in a trainwreck. The only laws are a few state laws that punish them as a result

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Nov 18, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

You left out that one of the first comments was the GIF of Hannibal Lecter doing his weird "thpthpthpthp" thing after talking about eating a dude's liver.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Conservatives forget history in discrediting Trump protesters posted by freeper Maceman

the excerpt posted:

... Obama’s election in 2008 was preceded and followed by violent attacks and property destruction targeted against minorities.

Kaylon Johnson, an African American campaign worker for Obama, was physically assaulted for wearing an Obama T-shirt in Louisiana following the 2008 election. The three white male attackers shouted “gently caress Obama!” and “friend of the family president!” as they broke Johnson’s nose and fractured his eye-socket, requiring surgery.

More frequently, Obama’s presidency was marked by effigies of our first black president hanging from nooses across the country, for example in Kentucky, Washington State, and Maine, or being burned around the world. What Trump supporters fail to remember is that following Obama’s election, property was destroyed across the country, for example in Pennsylvania, Texas, and North Carolina, and a predominately black church was torched in Massachusetts. ... In 2008, anti-Obama protesters lashed out against minorities because of their discontentment with a black man being voted into the office of president for the first time in our nation’s history. Conversely, in 2016, anti-Trump protesters are holding mostly peaceful demonstrations because of their discontentment with a man, who has ostracized minorities, being voted into the office of president.

And while anti-Trump protesters have engaged in mostly peaceful demonstrations against the president-elect, pro-Trump supporters have been responsible for a wave of attacks against Muslims, Latinos, blacks, and the LGBT community.

quote:

To: Maceman

LOL...they have to cite the many false-flag events to make their case.

I’m surprised the author didn’t throw in the old wives tale of Tea Partiers spitting on the black congressmen on their march with Pelosi to celebrate passing Obungholecare.

4 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:41:49 AM by ProtectOurFreedom

Freep opinions: right wing militia cells aren't worth tracking

quote:

Yeah, and all Constitution-defending Tea Partiers were terrorists (according to the DHS).

5 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:42:07 AM by Jim Robinson (Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God!)

Contrast/compare: "scattered incidents" vs "mass rioting"

quote:

“And while anti-Trump protesters have engaged in mostly peaceful demonstrations against the president-elect, pro-Trump supporters have been responsible for a wave of attacks against Muslims, Latinos, blacks, and the LGBT community.”

What a bunch of bull*hit.

I’ll bet this little fool cannot produce all of the police reports of arrests and convictions. Only facebook “stories”.

Stories that one by frigging one a re being exposed as fake.

And of course it’s a pathetic attempt to equate mass rioting for over a week with some scattered incidents that they likely had to dig like a bastard for 4 days to string together.

7 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:42:54 AM by VanDeKoik

quote:

When Obama was elected in 2000, there may have been some isolated incidents, but what I remember is a world wide media orgasm of approval. Now, we have an MSM and educational establishment tantrum against Trump of unprecedented scale, backed by shady Soros money. There is NO comparison.

8 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:43:01 AM by Pearls Before Swine

quote:

... Obama’s election in 2008 was preceded and followed by violent attacks and property destruction targeted against minorities.

Liar.

Kaylon Johnson, an African American campaign worker for Obama, was physically assaulted for wearing an Obama T-shirt in Louisiana following the 2008 election. The three white male attackers shouted “gently caress Obama!” and “friend of the family president!” as they broke Johnson’s nose and fractured his eye-socket, requiring surgery.

Do I remember the case? No.

Am I going to save time and just call this a hoax without even checking? Yes.

Because if it had actually happened we would have been subjected to seeing it ad nauseam.

12 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:45:44 AM by Harmless Teddy Bear (Not a Romantic, not a hero worshiper and stop trying to tug my heartstrings. It tickles!)

Freep opinions:

quote:

“mostly peaceful demonstrations”

Newsflash: If you block traffic, it isn’t peaceful.

15 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:48:16 AM by lacrew

quote:

I don’t recall any “wave of attacks” in the wake of 2008, and I’m willing to bet that there was no such “wave.” I do remember a couple of guys being arrested for hanging 0bama in effigy, but I also remember Palin being hanged in effigy numerous times, and nothing done about that.

This is just a leftist loon trying to justify the physical assaults and public and private property damage being done by the Soros/DNC organized riots. And, there is the difference. Whereas we are seeing media supported, and Soros/DNC financed riots and “demonstrations” we saw absolutely no organized or even unorganized riots, and what few “attacks” that took place in the wake of the 2008 election were purely individual in nature.

20 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:53:53 AM by euram

quote:

So an Obama “CAMPAIGN WORKER” claims to have gotten beat up... I’m really going to have to see the police report before I buy yet another race hoax.

But even assuming it’s completely true:
Some random coon rear end beats up someone who actively campaigned against their rights eight years ago and that means I am supposed to be cool with Soros paying people to burn down buildings. Someone do that math for me.

21 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:54:27 AM by thorvaldr

quote:

To: DoughtyOne

You can bet that even the Donald would be saying “Why, that’s terrible. Just terrible. We should have no more of it.”

(Actually he kind of said something like that last week to CBS, who deemed it so important they sat on it for two days.)

22 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:54:31 AM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)
Interestingly, he did indeed tell people that support him to knock off the bigotry, but he did not a single thing to attempt to soothe anyone upset at all.

quote:

“And while anti-Trump protesters have engaged in mostly peaceful demonstrations against the president-elect”

Liar.

“pro-Trump supporters have been responsible for a wave of attacks against Muslims, Latinos, blacks, and the LGBT community.”

Liar.

23 posted on 11/17/2016, 11:54:42 AM by lowbridge
Okay, fine. You guys want this? Here.
Fact check: mostly peaceful? True.
Fact check: wave of attacks against minorities? Attacks, sure. Wave, no. Mostly false.

Anyway, this is where we're headed.

quote:

ignore Establishment Fake News.

31 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:06:35 PM by uncitizen (NOT Suffering Fools Since 11/8/16)

I know we have a growing ironicat and nuclear psyduck, but do we have an growing/nuclear [citation needed]?

quote:

Donald is a mensch (google it if unfamiliar with the term).

Here’s what is so wonderful about Donald. He is not an ideologue, but an ideas guy, while being an old fashioned liberal. The old fashioned liberal was sworn to hate only one thing in the absolute, and that was any form of tyranny against the mind of man. Not at all like our new fashioned illiberal “liberals” who pretend to give but instead only take, take, take.

33 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:09:57 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)

Hahahahahahahahahahhahaha no

quote:

And what’s more, God — not Donald — deserves 100% of the credit. Donald, if he does not come out of this a humble man pointing to factors far larger than himself, will have failed in the end.

46 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:33:33 PM by HiTech RedNeck (Embrace the Lion of Judah and He will roar for you and teach you to roar too. See my page.)

quote:

To: HiTech RedNeck

Donald deserves 100% of the credit.

That is not an insult to God.

None of this would have happened without Donald Trump.

I have long said that Trump may very well be the vehicle of God in this.

So our thanks does go to God, but without Trump this year, none of this would be happening.

48 posted on 11/17/2016, 12:44:14 PM by DoughtyOne (The morning and the evening were the election day. People voted. The Lord saw, and it was good.)

A tiny, tiny bit of correctness here.

quote:

To: Polynikes

"While I believe there are a high percentage of false flags or crying wolf I looked into to this one figuring on a dead end."

We shouldn't fall into the trap of denying that any of these incidents occurred, or that all were false flags, but should say that the incidents were few in number and were the sort of thing that is virtually inevitable in a country of more than 300 million people.

We also need to point out that the only reason the media can make these silly claims of a "wave of attacks" is by refusing to do any statistical analysis of their frequency, to analyze them for veracity, or to honestly report on the attacks coming from the other side, which they refuse to do.

I am aware of at least three Trump supporters being beaten up since the election, and I saw video of two of the three, so they are undeniable (the third was also undeniable, but I saw no video). I did not see ANY of these incidents reported nationally by the MSM; it is unthinkable that these would not have been shown nationally if it was Trump supporters doing it.

63 posted on 11/17/2016, 1:21:50 PM by Steve_Seattle

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
From Donald Trump offers CIA director post to Rep. Mike Pompeo posted by freeper navysealdad

Thanks for the summary.

quote:

To: navysealdad

- Army vet
- First in class at West Point
- Tea Party member
- NRA member
- Private industry experience in aerospace and oifield industries
- Anti-abortion.

12 posted on 11/18/2016, 5:21:36 AM by Iron Munro (If Illegals voted Rebublican 50 Million Democrats Would Be Screaming "Build The Wall!")

quote:

More background on Pompeo...

hxxp://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-11-18/meet-mike-pompeo-new-director-cia

17 posted on 11/18/2016, 5:26:12 AM by PGalt (CONGRATULATIONS Donald J. Trump)

Oh boy, Zero Hedge!

the article posted:

Pompeo is a member of the House Select Committee on Intelligence and one of the most vocal critics of the Obama administration’s nuclear deal with Iran.

He’s a supporter of the National Security Agency’s controversial bulk data collection program and sought to restore the agency’s access to the data it had already collected under the Patriot Act from its inception through late last year.

He’s a graduate of the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and Harvard Law School. He’s also a member of the House Energy and Commerce Committee.

Pompeo, who grew up in the traditionally Republican enclave of Orange County, California, founded Thayer Aerospace, a company that made parts for commercial and military aircraft. After selling Thayer, he became president of Sentry International, a company that manufactures and sells equipment used in oil fields.
[...]
When Iran detained a group of American sailors earlier whose ship had wandered into its territorial waters earlier this year, Pompeo introduced a bill requiring the Obama administration to investigate whether Iran violated the Geneva Convention. It didn’t become law. The sailors were not harmed, and the Navy later concluded that the sailors had entered Iran’s waters by mistake.

Pompeo has served on the House Select Benghazi Committee.
[...]
Pompeo has made some controversial statements about Muslims. Weeks after the Boston marathon bombing in 2013, in a speech on the House floor, he not only accused Islamic faith leaders of not doing enough to condemn terrorist attacks, but also suggested they might be encouraging them.

“When the most devastating terrorist attacks on America in the last 20 years come overwhelmingly from people of a single faith, and are performed in the name of that faith, a special obligation falls on those that are the leaders of that faith,” Pompeo said. “Instead of responding, silence has made these Islamic leaders across America potentially complicit in these acts and more importantly still, in those that may well follow.”

But all of this isn't enough, no sir. Freep has to know the important question: can he be trusted to gently caress up the country?

quote:

To: PGalt

I’m a political junkie and I never heard of Pompeo either.

The bio says he is a congressman from the West Point NY area. He supported Marc Rubio for president.

I wonder if this guy is a Main Street Partnership RINO or is he a strong conservative?

25 posted on 11/18/2016, 6:16:18 AM by Flavious_Maximus

Freep opinions: giving up liberty for saftey? Na, that's fine.

quote:

To: PGalt

Thank you for that zerohedge link on Pompeo. Overall, he sounds pretty good, I especially like that he and another congresscritter issued a report with even stronger accusations against Hillary Clinton.

His support for the broad government data collection doesn’t entirely thrill me, however I realize that thwarting terrorists and maintaining civil liberties is an extremely fine line anymore.

The three militiamen who were stopped from targeting a Somali apartment building were in Garden City KS. I hadn’t read that story....also interesting to this native Kansan.

37 posted on 11/18/2016, 7:19:01 AM by prairiebreeze (Don't be afraid to see what you see. -- Ronald Reagan)

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

quote:

I am unapologetic about the fact that if you are a guy and you take it up the a$$ you will NEVER and I do mean NEVER gain my trust or respect, period, full stop!!!

You know you read the freep thread too much when your first reaction isn't "What a bigot" but "does this mean he's cool with tops?"

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
^^ Well that's the way it worked in some of the ancient civilizations, right? Honestly though, stuff like that always makes me think that they're either closeted or are really tempted by anal, but are just so repressed that they hate themselves for it.

From Great News! TRUMP Picks General Michael Flynn for National Security Advisor posted by freeper xzins

quote:

To: BigEdLB

Very bright, pro-American pick.

He got fired for refusing to doctor intelligence to suit Obama.

5 posted on 11/18/2016, 5:13:52 AM by xzins
Oh, really?

Wikipedia on Michael T. Flynn posted:

On April 30, 2014, Flynn announced his retirement effective later in 2014, about a year earlier than he had been scheduled to leave his position. He was reportedly effectively forced out of the DIA after clashing with superiors over his allegedly chaotic management style and vision for the agency.[23][24] According to what Flynn had told in one final interview as DIA director, he felt like a lone voice in thinking that the United States was less safe from the threat of Islamic terrorism in 2014 than it was prior to the 9/11 attacks; he went on to believe that he was pressed into retirement for questioning the Obama administration’s public narrative that Al Qaeda was close to defeat.[25] According to the New York Times, Flynn exhibited a loose relationship with facts, leading his subordinates to refer to Flynn's repeated dubious assertions as "Flynn facts".[26] He retired as of August 7.

I'm not sure if this is posted as a good thing or a bad thing on freep, but it's a bad thing for everyone else.

quote:

To: xzins

Great news for presidents for life, Putin and Erdogan.

hxxp://www.washingtonexaminer.com/lawmaker-slams-flynns-temperament-views-on-russia-turkey/article/2607705

13 posted on 11/18/2016, 5:21:07 AM by elhombrelibre (Against Obama. Against Putin. Pro-freedom. Pro-US Constitution.)

quote:

I’ve known Mike Flynn for over 20 years and, at one point in our careers, I was his instructor. Mike’s a good guy and a real soldier’s soldier not beholden to the Pentagon bureaucracy. Like Trump himself, he’s an American first and party affiliation be damned. Mike’s been a registered Democrat his entire life, but he’s a Democrat in the “old” sense, concerned about what’s good for the country first.

I was kind of hoping he’d be selected for DNI, which would have sent shock waves through the Intelligence Community. However, as National Security Advisor, his appointment will send shock waves through BOTH DoD and the IC. In private, I’ll bet Mike would love to tell some of the DoD and IC “leadership”, “How do you like me now?!”

19 posted on 11/18/2016, 5:24:14 AM by ManHunter (You can run, but you'll only die tired... Army snipers: Reach out and touch someone)

quote:

General Flynn is an outstanding pic. The wishy washy generals and admirals don’t like him because he is “too partisan.” Partisan? All he did was tell the truth about Hillary Clinton. The truth is a casualty of these days. Most of the generals and admirals have let us down. They have bowed down to political correctness and horrible leadership. Because of that cowardice, the average military person and their families have suffered greatly. On top of this, Flynn is the opposite of Susan Rice. What a horrible horrible horrible job and damage she has done to the national security agency.

22 posted on 11/18/2016, 5:25:13 AM by SkyPilot ("I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6)

Fact check: true

quote:

I read somewhere that he had been a lobbyist for Turkey while sitting in on security briefings during the campaign.

25 posted on 11/18/2016, 5:27:28 AM by Mercat (Men never do evil so fully and cheerfully as when they do it out of conscience.” (Blaise Pascal))

Freep knows actual facts!?

quote:

Yes, it is. And it’s on its way to becoming a one-party, Muslim police state without civil liberties. Most of its pilots are now in jail. Most of Erdogan’s opposition, without regard to facts or law, are being or have been rounded up and jailed. Everyone not pro-Erdogan is being accused of being pro-Gullen. Erdogan has a phantasmagoric paranoia about Gullen. It’s beyond weird.

29 posted on 11/18/2016 5:31:45 AM PST by elhombrelibre (Against Obama. Against Putin. Pro-freedom. Pro-US Constitution.)

And exactly how are we supposed to "restore our friendly relations with Turkey and prevent it from going radical Islam" if we support their increasingly authoritarian leadership?

quote:

To: Mercat

Flynn owned a lobbying firm. The firm accepted a contract to lobby Obama to turn over a leader of last years coup attempt to be returned to Turkey. Obama has refused to do so.

That said and regardless of that connection, the US needs to restore its former friendly relations with Turkey and prevent it from going radical Islam. The only way to do that is through engagement.

I keep remembering that Turkey is a member of NATO and was a key Cold War ally.

32 posted on 11/18/2016, 5:35:42 AM by xzins

quote:

Keep it from going? It's gone. Erdogan is working towards total power. He's a few steps ahead of Putin in this regard. Supporting him is like thinking you have to get rid of the Shah of Iran to stop it from going Islamic.

hxxp://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/07/26/Turkey-s-Erdogan-Cleans-House-Form-More-Perfect-Islamic-State

hxxp://www.dw.com/en/turkeys-nato-officials-seek-asylum-in-germany-amid-erdogan-crackdown/a-36420697

hxxp://www.express.co.uk/news/world/733101/Erdogan-Turkey-hires-30-000-troops-replace-sacked-military-coup

44 posted on 11/18/2016, 5:52:24 AM by elhombrelibre (Against Obama. Against Putin. Pro-freedom. Pro-US Constitution.)

quote:

Bingo!!! Right on the money!!! God, sine your everlasting light, guidance and glory on great, General, MIchael Flynn!!!! Now....folks, that is what, I’m talkin’ about!!! Go DJT!!!

47 posted on 11/18/2016, 6:03:02 AM by JLAGRAYFOX (Defeat both the Republican (e) & Democrat (e) political parties....Forever!!!)

Oh my god they're still on the satanic child trafficking ring

quote:

To: elhombrelibre

This may be why PIZZAGATE is heating up in Turkey. It is such a bizarre place to see it on an influential newscast. Last night I had a hard time finding Tweets in English when looking for info on it because they were Turkish

50 posted on 11/18/2016, 6:16:27 AM by RummyChick (Trump Train Hobo TM Rummychick. Example - Ryan Romney Kasich. Quit trying to Jump on the Train)

A rare critic.

quote:

Flynn won’t last long. Total flake from all reports. What kind of fool pens a pro-Erdogan op-ed on election day? And without disclosing his financial ties to islamist Turkey!

62 posted on 11/18/2016, 6:47:29 AM by lodi90 (President Trump - Has a nice ring to it!)

Two in a row!?

quote:

Great news for presidents for life, Putin and Erdogan

And the reason that Flynn probably couldn’t be confirmed by the Senate for a regular cabinet post.

63 posted on 11/18/2016, 6:52:56 AM by Hawthorn

And then back into crazytown

quote:

To: pepsionice

One of the big negatives about the initial Obama team in 2008...was that they had virtually no real foreign affairs talent (I think they had one single person out of the top 24 selected).

The Fraud’s handler, Iranian muslim Valerie Jarrett had all that covered. She secured many billions of KNOWN taxpayer money for her primary country of allegiance.

67 posted on 11/18/2016, 7:13:50 AM by treetopsandroofs (Had FDR been GOP, there would have been no World Wars, just "The Great War" and "Roosevelt's Wars".)

----

e: There's also a thread on the selection of Jeff Sessions as AG, but it contains nothing remarkable other than some more making GBS threads on Ted Cruz.

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Donald, humbled, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, that's how clueless freepers are. Holy poo poo.

Trump has had way way more failures than success, so much so he had to beg family for money. That poo poo should have humbled him too.

And a mensch? Puh-lease. If integrity and honor are hating on minorities, treating people like poo poo, lying, and bragging, christ we're a doomed society

McGlockenshire posted:

- Army vet
- First in class at West Point
- Tea Party member
- NRA member
- Private industry experience in aerospace and oifield industries
- Anti-abortion.

12 posted on 11/18/2016, 5:21:36 AM by Iron Munro (If Illegals voted Rebublican 50 Million Democrats Would Be Screaming "Build The Wall!")

6 of those things don't belong to make a CIA director

Yeah, Trump drank the kool-aid and is placing everyone who has a sob story, real or imaginary, about Obama in some place of power. It's gonna end up burning him, but eh, you can't tell donald anything

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Nov 18, 2016