Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

notaspy posted:

Are we going to see goku v vegeta for real?

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I hope Goku fights lord Zeno.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Agoat posted:

I find it weird that Super Buu just lit up everyone at once but Zamasu had so much trouble.

Zamasu outright said that he thought Earthlings were the shittiest NINGEN and therefore deserved a long, drawn-out extinction so they could suffer every moment because they were the worst NINGEN in the multiverse and man, considering how terrible NINGEN are by themselves, that's saying a lot!

It's not that Zamasu had problems killing them, it's that he wanted to take his time. And it bit him in the rear end, as arrogance tends to do to you in Dragon Ball.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

There will never be a 'real' Goku v Vegeta fight again because Dragon Ball Online established that when they were both old and past their prime they flew off to some uninhabited part of space and had a final battle to both of their deaths.

So even then it ended in a tie

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

There will never be a 'real' Goku v Vegeta fight again because Dragon Ball Online established that when they were both old and past their prime they flew off to some uninhabited part of space and had a final battle to both of their deaths.

So even then it ended in a tie

And frankly that's just the right way for them to go.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

notaspy posted:

Do we know what the rules of the tournament are? Is it going to be teams or individual? Are we going to see goku v vegeta for real?

It will be like Dragon Ball Multiverse except good.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The last episode of Super should end on a freeze frame of Goku and Vegeta about to cross counter each other, fade to grayscale, fade that to black, boom we're out one billion copies sold

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Goku and Vegeta dying doesn't really strike me as a very big deal. "Oh, welp, we're dead. Hi, King Kai, mind if we hang out for a bit before we get back to fighting?"

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

MonsterEnvy posted:

He was clearly having fun just hunting them down and was in no hurry.

Didn't he say he really hated humans for the poo poo that trunks did? not surprising that he wanted them to suffer.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Zamasu is also a flamboyant motherfucker so it's easy to see him wanting to make a show out of it.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

ImpAtom posted:

Goku and Vegeta dying doesn't really strike me as a very big deal. "Oh, welp, we're dead. Hi, King Kai, mind if we hang out for a bit before we get back to fighting?"

Dying of old age has a really different feel to it than just randomly getting offed, but yeah you can probably bet Goku and Vegeta would be sparring for eternity on King Kai's planet

I'm sure he'll love that

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Faced with the inevitability of old age and death, Goku and Vegeta realize it just means they don't need to hold back anymore and decide to murder each other in a blaze of glory like they've always wanted to. That's pretty much the most DBZ thing ever.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
So, when is the point that we can confirm that the Dragon Ball timeline splits into three, Online, Super, and GT?

Will it be when Vegeta becomes the new God of Destruction and Bulma expands Capsule Corp to the rest of the Universe, or when Uub loses to Baby Pan?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Vegeta will die crying at the feet of some random villain.

Goku will live on for another ten years, quickly forgetting who Vegeta is due to getting new, stronger rivals.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Blaze Dragon posted:

Zamasu outright said that he thought Earthlings were the shittiest NINGEN and therefore deserved a long, drawn-out extinction so they could suffer every moment because they were the worst NINGEN in the multiverse and man, considering how terrible NINGEN are by themselves, that's saying a lot!

It's not that Zamasu had problems killing them, it's that he wanted to take his time. And it bit him in the rear end, as arrogance tends to do to you in Dragon Ball.

I forget a lot of these details. I'm not used to subtitles. :(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The next arc should be Bulma deciding she is done with all these threats and nonsense and pivoting Capsule Corp to a private military company called the Capsule Corps and using hydroponically grown ultra-Saibamen grown in that water from the weird Monaka/Gotenks filler and preemptively taking over the galaxy

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Zamasu explicitly wasn't fighting seriously until the Mafuba made him see the ningen legitimately had tricks up their sleeves. Plus, he wanted Trunks, Goku and Vegeta to keep coming back to grow Black's power further and further.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

projecthalaxy posted:

The next arc should be Bulma deciding she is done with all these threats and nonsense and pivoting Capsule Corp to a private military company called the Capsule Corps and using hydroponically grown ultra-Saibamen grown in that water from the weird Monaka/Gotenks filler and preemptively taking over the galaxy

lol Saibamen? Bulma has samples from Cell and the blueprints for Androids 16, 17 & 18. And you just know shes made SSJ Blue Vegita sit in front of a spectrometer. She can do better than Saibamen :twisted:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Ningen

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Vegeta and piccolo will finally fight

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rude.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Augus posted:

Faced with the inevitability of old age and death, Goku and Vegeta realize it just means they don't need to hold back anymore and decide to murder each other in a blaze of glory like they've always wanted to. That's pretty much the most DBZ thing ever.

wasn't this the plot of some dragon ball game or side story

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

CharlestonJew posted:

wasn't this the plot of some dragon ball game or side story

It's part of Online's backstory.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rutibex posted:

lol Saibamen? Bulma has samples from Cell and the blueprints for Androids 16, 17 & 18. And you just know shes made SSJ Blue Vegita sit in front of a spectrometer. She can do better than Saibamen :twisted:

"Capsule Corp's newest product, a death robot based off my best friend's wife and her brother and that green bug guy who Mr. Satan murdered."

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Funky Valentine posted:

"Capsule Corp's newest product, a death robot based off my best friend's wife and her brother and that green bug guy who Mr. Satan murdered."

That's preposterous and completely baseless in actual characterization

There's no way Krillin is Bulma's best friend

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

That's preposterous and completely baseless in actual characterization

There's no way Krillin is Bulma's best friend

It's not like Bulma has many friends.

It's basicall him, Yamcha (lol) or Goku and you don't depend on Goku to help move your couch, only to avenge your death.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well yea, why ask goku to move your couch when they have piccolo to move furniture

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

well yea, why ask goku to move your couch when they have piccolo to move furniture

I genuinely don't remember if modern Piccolo and Bulma ever exchanged more than a few words.

I guess she got him to record the Mafuba which is a good start to a lasting friendship.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

ImpAtom posted:

I genuinely don't remember if modern Piccolo and Bulma ever exchanged more than a few words.

I guess she got him to record the Mafuba which is a good start to a lasting friendship.

They talk quite a bit during the Cell saga. When Trunks and Vegeta are fighting Cell and Tien, Piccolo, and Bulma are at the lookout. Piccolo is relaying information to her about the fight, who is powering up, etc. They're obviously social enough that he shows up at all her parties and hangs out at her house from time to time.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I hope to God we get a day in the life of Piccolo

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

she had him and krillin fill in the holes in her lawn in super. that was also the same episode that goku tricks piccolo into helping him harvest crops

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Bulma is the most powerful being in the universe, so she doesn't really have friendships, but she gets along well enough with Krillin, Piccolo, Goku, Whis and Chichi.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

It's not like Bulma has many friends.

It's basicall him, Yamcha (lol) or Goku and you don't depend on Goku to help move your couch, only to avenge your death.

I wouldn't even depend on Yamcha to move my couch. He'd probably die.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Bulma would ask Goku to move the couch, as it would guarantee all future couch-moving would be done by a desperate-to-please Vegeta.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

Bulma would ask Goku to move the couch, as it would guarantee all future couch-moving would be done by a desperate-to-please Vegeta.

I think Bulma realizes that would end up with her couch on Saturn or atomized into dust.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Her couches all fit in capsules, it's a non-issue really.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Concept: the best man at Bulma and Vegeta's wedding was a cardboard cut-out of Goku that Bulma made up specifically to gently caress with Vegeta.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it was yamcha

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

sassassin posted:

Her couches all fit in capsules, it's a non-issue really.

Couch nothing, the entire house fits inside a capsule!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Okay but imagine

Beerus and Whis have to figure out how to move a couch

• Locked thread