Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
This is better

My [19F] FWB [19M] won't commit

quote:

A few months ago, I began dating someone. We got physical quickly (which wasn't an objectively bad thing) but ended up only hooking up whenever me met. After about a month, we decided to stop dating because we didn't feel connected. Some stuff happened in between, but we decided to be friends with benefits for the remaining weeks before school ended. Ironically, I felt like we got closer in that time than we were when we were dating.
Over summer, I missed him and realized that I wanted to try dating again. When we came back to school, I asked him if he wanted to try (told him we could try it, didn't have to be exclusive unless we were feeling it). He said he did not want to commit to any commitment now or commit himself to anything in the future.
I was pretty bummed, but also confused. When we hang out, things feel natural, and we always have a really good time. We have our inside jokes and we have awesome conversations about our beliefs and dreams (wow, this sounds so cheesy as I'm typing it out). In the past when we've gone long periods of time without seeing each other or so, he's usually pretty enthusiastic to see me, banters like we usually do, and seems enthusiastic to initiate things again.
I could continue to hook up with him, but I'm not sure that I want to put myself in the position of seeing someone when he won't commit (i.e.: why would I want to spend my time with someone who doesn't already realize my worth? haha) But, I do still miss him when I don't see him and I feel like he does, too, but won't say it.
tl;dr: Dude won't commit, does this mean he's definitely just waiting for someone better and I should stop seeing him asap?

Help Reddit, this guy has made it clear he wants nothing but a no-strings-attached relationship. Why won't be commit to me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Lockback posted:

(i.e.: why would I want to spend my time with someone who doesn't already realize my worth? haha)

Yeowza that chick has internalized dating dogma pretty hard. "He should want to date me, but he says he doesn't?? So confused." with a bonus of "what's the point of loving if it doesn't lead to a relationship?"

Nancy fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Nov 17, 2016

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

what the gently caress does orz mean

:negative:

I haven't seen orz in like a decade lol

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

:negative:

I haven't seen orz in like a decade lol
wow I've never seen that, cool as hell "alternative style" emoticon right there

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

quote:

My (23f) boyfriend (23m) of about 8 months has has literally more than 20x the number of sexual partners I've had. He's perfect except for this and I can't stop picturing him with other girls, making comparisons in my head and quizzing him on his past. How do I get past this?

"DJ" is the most perfect guy ever. If I could have sketched my soul mate it would have been him. He's good looking but not a "pretty boy," he's in shape, his family has money but never acts like it, he's incredibly smart and he's a total goof ball who's not afraid to look silly while dancing with me even though he has no rhythm. I fell hard for him upon first seeing him and by all accounts he fell just as hard for me.

I know from past screw ups that I should never discuss my guys past...it hits me too hard. But on one night I couldn't help myself and asked if he'd had sex with more than 2 girls (I've been eith 2 guys). He said yes and I tried to move on. But it kept racing through my head so I woke him up and said more than 10? Yes...more than 20? Yes. 30? Yes. 40? Yes. 50? No. And then so like a total idiot I kept the "game" going until I'd narrowed it to that he thinks (thinks!) it's no more than 45.

I felt sick and tried to sleep but couldn't,the next day I went home and was so mad at him. All I could think of was him with all these women, did he charm them like he did me? Did he dance with them? Were they better than me...all these crazy thoughts. I couldn't leave well enough alone and called him and chewed him out that I was disappointed with his choices. He just said he was sorry and that if he could take it back he would but the past is the past.

I didn't speak to him for 4-5 days then apologized but even in apologizing I quizzed him on if I compare to the best of them, were my boobs the nicest, was I a good kisser...I could tell he was very uncomfortable but he just put up with my crap. Of course it didn't make me feel any better.

I know I'm no the only person to ever experience this...how do I get over this? I'm positive I'm going to screw up a great relationship if I don't knock it off but I dint know how to stop. That sounds so stupid but it's true.

tl;dr: My perfect boyfriend has has sex with 45 women and I just can't get past it. How do I stop obsessing about.

Edit typing on iPads so sorry for all spelling and grammar

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Gaunab posted:

I didn't speak to him for 4-5 days then apologized but even in apologizing I quizzed him on if I compare to the best of them, were my boobs the nicest, was I a good kisser..

:sever:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
At least she has the self awareness to know where the problem lies.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

45 women and he's only 23. Let's be generous and say he started his gently caress career at 16, that's an average of 6.4 women per year he's banged, or one every couple of months.

drat.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Lockback posted:

This is better

My [19F] FWB [19M] won't commit

Help Reddit, this guy has made it clear he wants nothing but a no-strings-attached relationship. Why won't be commit to me?

this describes all of my single friends

china bot fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 17, 2016

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

WampaLord posted:

45 women and he's only 23. Let's be generous and say he started his gently caress career at 16, that's an average of 6.4 women per year he's banged, or one every couple of months.

drat.

That's not that surprising, I mean, I didn't have sex until I was 18, went away to college and at 23 I had been with more than 45 women.... College is a fun and crazy time brother.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

I'm not sure I've ever seen a deeper, more incisive self-own than buying another goon a custom title about their anti-virus opinions, that rules.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I'm not sure I've ever seen a deeper, more incisive self-own than buying another goon a custom title about their anti-virus opinions, that rules.

I got a red title from telling goons in E/N to try drinking socially, as it seemed to be a common virgoon thing that they all hated drinking, that called me out for "Peer Pressure."

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

WampaLord posted:

I got a red title from telling goons in E/N to try drinking socially, as it seemed to be a common virgoon thing that they all hated drinking, that called me out for "Peer Pressure."

yeah in e/n we tell people to smoke weed and try lsd, mister

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Lockback posted:

This one is sorta funny but also sorta sad. I went into it laughing at the idiot manchild who can't deal with his fetish and ended up really sorry for the woman consigned to her fate.

Me [25F] with my husband [27M] 10 years, recently discovered he has a fetish and I don't know how to handle it.

Eh, at least she's still young.

Sometimes I wish I was into some of these weird lifestyle kinks, you know so with ABDL I could use "I'm the baby, gotta love me!" as a pick up line, or with DD/lg play I could break up with a girl by going out to buy milk or cigarettes and never coming back.

edit: lol at comparing number of partners thing unless you just want to break up. You will never make the relationship better by having that conversation.

I actually had a friend who was a giant dumbass that had this exchange:

:bigtran:: "So how many people have you slept with?"
:angel:: "2, How about you?"
:bigtran: "I don't feel comfortable answering that."

She'd been wild in her twenties and now at thirty was dating a nice Christian boy she wanted to settle down with, and didn't want to disclose her tally somewhere around 20 or so partners.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Nov 17, 2016

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
It's a question that will most likely lead to answers you don't want to know.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

^-- YES! My current GF asked me and started to try to tell me hers and I stopped the convo right there, it is a trail to tears for someone. (we've been together for a long time, about to be engaged etc so it wasn't like my avoidance of the question was an issue)

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

lol the big red text for anyone always means they won because the other person got so mad they spent 10bux to show how right they were. Whoever bought this (some infosex guy from SH/SC) got it for at least 3 people if not more, I think others have changed it by now, but for me it's a badge of honor :)

MF_James fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 17, 2016

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Are you guys so seriously insecure that just hearing your partner's number is soul crushing? God forbid your partner had a life before you!

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

JVNO posted:

Are you guys so seriously insecure that just hearing your partner's number is soul crushing? God forbid your partner had a life before you!

No, well some people maybe we are broken internet people after all. The idea is no improvement comes from the 'let's compare exact numbers game'. Like I personally don't care about the number. That's the best loving outcome. No one ever hears a number and so doubles down and becomes more invested.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

JVNO posted:

virtually everyone is seriously insecure, yes.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Me [23M] with my girlfriend [20F] trial period, I feel like I care about her more like a daughter than a girlfriend
https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/5dj33o/me_23m_with_my_girlfriend_20f_trial_period_i_feel/

quote:

So my female friend who I'm currently seeing looks fairly young, she's attractive but could probably pass as 16 when dressed down. I'm sexually attracted to her and we have a good sex life, but when it comes to the 'real life' side of things, I just can't help but view her as a child and myself as her guardian. It's a little frustrating because I can't imagine spending my life with her as I'd want to be with someone who I see as my peer/equal.
She's mad about me, and I really like her; she's stayed with me and my family and I'm going up to stay with her. I'm scared about totally breaking her heart, but obviously I can't let that keep me in a relationship.
tl;dr: I see girlfriend as someone young that I want to nurture and see succeed, but not someone I'm interested in spending my life with. Is this an issue, is this liking someone?

"females"

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Why is my online girlfriend (24F) too scared to meet me irl? (26M)Relationships
https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/5dizqs/why_is_my_online_girlfriend_24f_too_scared_to/
submitted 40 minutes ago by throwawayyy5894

quote:

We met on an MMO.
Long story short, our conversations are essentially that of a long term relationship, very romantic/intense. Neither of us are seeing other people, we've been clear about this. But she refuses to meet me irl, even though we are only a few hours plane journey away. Her reasoning is she doesn't think I'll like her irl? She's too scared? That I don't really "know" her? Tf?
A lot of our conversations are sexual, so I thought maybe she was worried about my expectations, but I've even reassured her about that, so idk.
I don't understand because obviously, I'm nervous too, but I like her so much I don't even care, it's a small hurdle to cross compared to how much I want to meet her. Anyone would think with the level of our conversations we would eventually meet.
I know instantly people think "catfish", but we have each other on snapchat and have been snapchatting enough for me to believe she's real. She's beautiful, too, so her insecurity makes no sense to me. I've reassured her so much I don'tknow what else to do.
What other possible reason is there for this?
tl;dr: Online girlfriend thinks I won't like her irl so is too scared to meet. She's not a catfish. What. Is. Going. On?

This has to be a troll. Nobody is that stupid, right?

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

aaaand finally:

Me [18 M] with my friend [18 F] Since high school, pranks me into thinking she wants to be my first girlfriend[new]
https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/5dizi7/me_18_m_with_my_friend_18_f_since_high_school/

quote:

submitted 43 minutes ago by theytookmyvcard
this just happend today, i was with two of my female friends, one of them took the bus and the other went to mcdonalds with me, she told me she was gonna wait for some dude to pick her up for a date, we talked for a while and she said this was the actuall date with me and that she lied about the other dude, she told me that she has a crush on me and she likes me and wants to be with me, i told her i don't know what to say and i wasn't expecting this, she then said she was kidding and i was relieved, but she started talking seriously again, telling me she has a huge crush on me, and likes me a lot more than a friend, and she thought that i was gonna reject her that's why she pretended she was joking, and that she actually wants to be my girlfriend and that she's really nervous asking me, she started asking me do you like me?, am i not good enough for you ? , i mustered an okay, you're gonna be my first girlfriend, after a series of countless friendzones and rejections, and that i can't believe that i finally have a girlfriend...turns out she was kidding and calls the dude he comes picks her up in a car and drives off. later i texted her this was fun :) & that was the crulest thing anyone has ever done to me, she responded lol thanks for today you helped me a lot. i didn't even see her more than a friend, but said gently caress it what do i have to lose, turns out it's yet another rejection :)
tl;dr:old friend fooled me into thinking they want a relationship, said yes, turns out it's a prank.
what should i do ?

I'm surprised he survived getting owned so hard honestly

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

JVNO posted:

People probably start to worry themselves with what if this person was better, this person more attractive than me, do they think about them etc etc.
I don't know though, but that's what I come up with trying to rationalize it.

A Moose posted:

Me [23M] with my girlfriend [20F] trial period, I feel like I care about her more like a daughter than a girlfriend
https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/5dj33o/me_23m_with_my_girlfriend_20f_trial_period_i_feel/

"females"

Ugh. At least he's admitting how young she looks doesn't make it hotter for him or some other gross poo poo.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Me [21 F] made my crush jealous [20 M], now he wont speak to meRelationships

submitted 43 minutes ago by stacythrowaway12

quote:

I have a class with a guy I like but we don't sit beside each other. We would talk with each other occassionally after class for like two motnhs. During break today he was laughing loudly and smiling with two girls that I know for sure like him. So I got mad at him.
Then he spoke to me in the hallways after class, and we were talking and flirting a little bit. Then this guy who definitely likes me entered our conversation and I started paying attention only to this second guy to make my crush jealous. My crush wasn't saying anything throughout the conversation.
When the second guy left, my crush was acting distant and he seemed a bit angry. When we tried speaking, he was talking but he was clearly upset. He said he had to meet someone and smiled, but I could tell he was just being polite, then just left. I'm really mad at my crush now for just leaving me like that. I was only making him jealous because he made me jealous!
What do I do now?
tl;dr:
Crush makes me jealous
I make him jealous
What do I do? Should I move on?
https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/5dj1fq/me_21_f_made_my_crush_jealous_20_m_now_he_wont/

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

JVNO posted:

Coolness Averted posted:

I actually had a friend who was a giant dumbass that had this exchange:

:bigtran:: "So how many people have you slept with?"
:angel:: "2, How about you?"
:bigtran: "I don't feel comfortable answering that."

She'd been wild in her twenties and now at thirty was dating a nice Christian boy she wanted to settle down with, and didn't want to disclose her tally somewhere around 20 or so partners.

I think it's less worried that your partner "had a life" and more worried that you're the bad sex tiny dick they're settling for after having an awesome life of great sex. No one wants to be that guy.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

JVNO posted:

I kind of assume my partners have a good & healthy sexual history, but it's not like I want to know about the other dicks my boyfriend's been sucking. Not really sure why this is a strange concept.

The one time I did pry it quickly became apparent that I was being used as a stand-in for a past relationship and they were asking me to do stuff their ex did or was into, which didn't feel awesome.

A Moose posted:

Why is my online girlfriend (24F) too scared to meet me irl? (26M)Relationships
https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/5dizqs/why_is_my_online_girlfriend_24f_too_scared_to/
submitted 40 minutes ago by throwawayyy5894

This has to be a troll. Nobody is that stupid, right?

MMO person is definitely either a dude or way fat and has been myspace angling the snapchats super hard. But yeah, people are that stupid; it's why Catfish is such a popular television show and why people still keep getting catfished despite mainstream awareness.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

A Moose posted:

lmao that is just horrendous.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Jeza posted:

lmao that is just horrendous.

That's one of the worst things I've heard of lately.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

A Moose posted:

aaaand finally:

Me [18 M] with my friend [18 F] Since high school, pranks me into thinking she wants to be my first girlfriend[new]
https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/5dizi7/me_18_m_with_my_friend_18_f_since_high_school/

quote:

later i texted her this was fun & that was the crulest thing anyone has ever done to me, she responded lol thanks for today you helped me a lot. i didn't even see her more than a friend, but said gently caress it what do i have to lose, turns out it's yet another rejection

I'm confused by this part. He said it was fun to get owned? Then she said she helped a lot so he texted her asking her out and she rejected him again??

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

I'm confused by this part. He said it was fun to get owned? Then she said she helped a lot so he texted her asking her out and she rejected him again??

Dude tries to laugh it off via text and also mentions that it was a cruel joke, she says "lol thanks for confidence boost" and maybe for mcdonalds. Then he laments that he was baited into saying he would be her girlfriend, even though he wasn't even thinking about it previously, only to face yet another rejection in his tragic love life.

But yeah guy no type good

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
drat. Thanks lol. Poor bastard.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

literally this: :negative:

A Moose posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/5dj1fq/me_21_f_made_my_crush_jealous_20_m_now_he_wont/

Somehow less embarrassing than Mindfulness Class lady.

A Moose posted:

"females"

Dude should ask his girlfriend why she's such a helpless child and come back with an update on exactly which flavor of nuclear breakup she dropped on him.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

A Moose posted:

aaaand finally:

Had something similar happen to me when I was around that age. Not as extreme but it still sucks.

a very large fish
Oct 18, 2012
Lol if youre not 100% confident youre the best lay your SO has or will ever have.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Gaunab posted:

Had something similar happen to me when I was around that age. Not as extreme but it still sucks.

yeah, I think I had something like this happen. In the 5th grade. The last acceptable age for this kind of poo poo to happen.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

A Moose posted:

Girl is getting lit up in the comments:

There are definitely more gems in the comments, actually better ones.

MF_James fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 18, 2016

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

A Moose posted:

[...] she's attractive but could probably pass as 16 when dressed down. I'm sexually attracted to her and we have a good sex life, but when it comes to the 'real life' side of things, [b] I just can't help but view her as a child and myself as her guardian. It's a little frustrating because I can't imagine spending my life with her as I'd want to be with someone who I see as my peer/equal.
She's mad about me, and I really like her; she's stayed with me and my family and I'm going up to stay with her. I'm scared about totally breaking her heart, but obviously I can't let that keep me in a relationship.
tl;dr: I see girlfriend as someone young that I want to nurture and see succeed, but not someone I'm interested in spending my life with. Is this an issue, is this liking someone?

D-did he just admit to wanting to gently caress children?

Nuebot posted:

I think it's less worried that your partner "had a life" and more worried that you're the bad sex tiny dick they're settling for after having an awesome life of great sex. No one wants to be that guy.
Well what was funny about that "How many people have you slept with? Oh poo poo I feel uncomfortable answering this question I just asked you!" is I know the girl's motivation, since she relayed the story to me. She really did initiate it without thinking back to her own history -one she didn't want to share with her christly suitor. It came up in conversation a bit more organically, but she was still the one who said "Let's talk about exact numbers" and only realized after he'd answered she really didn't wanna talk exact numbers with him, and not in a "Oh, for comparison I look bad," sorta way.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
After they break up I bet that guy would have learned the lesson to never tell the truth about the number of previous sexual partners, he was too dumb to realise he should have lied his rear end off. The only acceptable numbers are 0-5. Everyone is insecure and skeeved out by this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

supernatural blonde posted:

After they break up I bet that guy would have learned the lesson to never tell the truth about the number of previous sexual partners, he was too dumb to realise he should have lied his rear end off. The only acceptable numbers are 0-5. Everyone is insecure and skeeved out by this poo poo.

Women multiply your number by 3 anyway.