Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Bloody Cat Farm posted:

This seems really fake.

I've listened to some of those as they played live, and every time it felt completely fake as poo poo. I'm sure a few are real, but a lot of them are just too perfect. Either that or they make a lot of these calls and only pick the batshit crazy ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Eponine posted:

I remember one of these from probably 10 years ago on my hometown radio station. Girl calls in about a several months-long relationship that went badly because she didn't like the guy's dog. They call the guy and give him the ultimatum that the girl gave him: get rid of your dog and we can date. Dude says "gently caress no. I've had this dog for six years and I knew that girl for four months. Me and the dog are a package deal." And hangs up the phone. The girl was devastated that he would choose a dog over her. It was (likely staged), but great.

There is nothing weird about that guy. What's your point? :colbert:

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

mcbexx posted:

There is nothing weird about that guy. What's your point? :colbert:

I thought the funny part was how the girl was naïve enough to think she was gonna come between a guy and his dog after dating for only a few months.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

areyoucontagious posted:

I've listened to some of those as they played live, and every time it felt completely fake as poo poo. I'm sure a few are real, but a lot of them are just too perfect. Either that or they make a lot of these calls and only pick the batshit crazy ones.

They are ALL completely fake as poo poo. There are actors and agencies that specialize in providing content for these lovely as hell morning radio shows. Also, I want to wish throat cancer on every "laughing guy in the studio" while I'm feeling all pissy.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
The baby blog lady sounds so much like Rachel Bloom to me, are we sure this isn't a deleted scene from CEG?

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

I can smell your pussy, Clarice.

Enos Cabell posted:

They are ALL completely fake as poo poo. There are actors and agencies that specialize in providing content for these lovely as hell morning radio shows. Also, I want to wish throat cancer on every "laughing guy in the studio" while I'm feeling all pissy.

The laughing guy makes those almost unbearable to listen to

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Enos Cabell posted:

Yeah, it's kind of depressing that he gets a paycheck for that. :sigh:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Enos Cabell posted:

Wait... are you telling me that people being made fun of on the radio would actually just hang up the phone, and not stay on the line to be berated and ridiculed?

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the radio and tell lies?

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Wait... are you telling me that people being made fun of on the radio would actually just hang up the phone, and not stay on the line to be berated and ridiculed?

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the radio and tell lies?

I know it's hard to accept, but at least know that you have the internet as a bastion of truth and integrity to rely on.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG-Lq6Kc-rQ

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3
23 year old idiot tourist falls into scalding hot acid bath (aka boiling spring) at Yellowstone National Park, literally dissolves, is never seen again.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...bath/?tid=sm_tw

quote:

One of the few pieces of evidence left behind was a pair of Scott’s flip-flops.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
nice meltdown

betterinsodapop
Apr 4, 2004

64:3

TotalLossBrain posted:

nice meltdown
:golfclap:

orange sky
May 7, 2007

TotalLossBrain posted:

nice meltdown

lol

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

"A significant amount of dissolving" :stonklol:

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 17:56 on Nov 17, 2016

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
Yellowstone's hot springs are proof that you truly cannot save stupid people from themselves

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
How fast can the hot springs dissolve a mouse? I could save myself a lot of money...

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

the dog one was sad

loving lifetime movie poo poo

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Just think, if he hadn't slipped, they might have decided that was a nice pool to get into nice and slowly.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Disgusting Coward posted:

How fast can the hot springs dissolve a mouse? I could save myself a lot of money...

TURN A HUMAN INTO A SOUP LIKE HOMOGENATE THAT WILL NOURISH MOTHER EARTH!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Bloody Cat Farm posted:

The laughing guy makes those almost unbearable to listen to

Yeah, I actually like morning radio shows but that guy would definitely make me find another one. The most annoying thing is I guarantee he is encouraged by the writers to do it. Almost all forms of entertainment are entirely scripted from the lines to when they laugh (because if it were real 95% of it would be incredibly boring and mundane), so it's even more irritating when they deliberately go out of their way to be annoying.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

TotalLossBrain posted:

nice meltdown

Sweet Jesus

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Yeah, I actually like morning radio shows but that guy would definitely make me find another one. The most annoying thing is I guarantee he is encouraged by the writers to do it. Almost all forms of entertainment are entirely scripted from the lines to when they laugh (because if it were real 95% of it would be incredibly boring and mundane), so it's even more irritating when they deliberately go out of their way to be annoying.

you're the guy going around pointing out that professional wrestling is fake and thinking you're blowing people's minds aren't you

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Alaois posted:

you're the guy going around pointing out that professional wrestling is fake and thinking you're blowing people's minds aren't you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXz60f0HLU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Alaois posted:

I was indirectly responding to/agreeing with the people calling it fake, because it is. It's not about blowing minds, it's just acknowledging reality.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus
The #1 :psyduck: poo poo I've heard on radio was some woman calling in bragging about how she picked up guys, act like she was going to give them a bj then bite the poo poo out of their dick. All to fight the patriarchy or some, equally dumb Tumblr poo poo, it was so wtf I figured it must be fake.

But no, some people tracked her down and found she had actually been convicted for biting dicks.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Klaus Kinski posted:

convicted for biting dicks.

I think we've found the next thread title.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

A station around here has a similar bit, this is the one I remember the best:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6ZCzeqP0s4
I feel like they cut out more of the guy, but you get the gist.

I can't believe people keep calling in for these to find out horrible embarrassing reasons why people don't want to date them. Don't they listen to the other callers? I hope they never stop.

There's no idiot cackling in the background at this station though, thank God. Anyone have more of these from other markets? They might be fake a lot but I don't care.

Eddie Whitson
Nov 2, 2010

betterinsodapop posted:

23 year old idiot tourist falls into scalding hot acid bath (aka boiling spring) at Yellowstone National Park, literally dissolves, is never seen again.

So we found the real life version of The Dip

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
If you watch closely, you can see the build up of character happen in real time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP14X8MXAXA

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

LawfulWaffle posted:

If you watch closely, you can see the build up of character happen in real time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP14X8MXAXA

Where the heck is he taking it that you'd have to walk all the way past the driveway? Also this rules.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

betterinsodapop posted:

He’s the latest in a long line. I mean, of deaths in Yellowstone hot springs. His genetic line is over.

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

Stan Taylor posted:

Where the heck is he taking it that you'd have to walk all the way past the driveway? Also this rules.

I'd guess he's the neighbour and the garbage can blew a few houses over before he had to retrieve it. That's a great video and worth staying until the very end!

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

Platystemon posted:

He’s the latest in a long line. I mean, of deaths in Yellowstone hot springs. His genetic line is over.

Just think. Statistically, his genetic line surely contains kings, dignitaries, and wealthy elite. He may even have some civilization-defining ancestors from hundreds or thousands of years ago. His line ends in a boiling Yellowstone acid pool, all because he was trying to take a bath.

So many ancestral lines ending in ridiculous ways in this thread.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I've traced my ancestry all the way back to the primordial soup!
How can you tell?
Just watch...

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

HPanda posted:

Just think. Statistically, his genetic line surely contains kings, dignitaries, and wealthy elite. He may even have some civilization-defining ancestors from hundreds or thousands of years ago. His line ends in a boiling Yellowstone acid pool, all because he was trying to take a bath.

So many ancestral lines ending in ridiculous ways in this thread.

His ancestors successfully reproduced in an unbroken chain stretching back billions of years.

He is the sole failure in trillions of generations.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe
It's an illusion.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

HairyManling posted:

It's an illusion.

An illusion! What are you hiding?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

HairyManling posted:

It's an illusion.

Duh.