Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ok I "beat" it but like the first one theres a twist + apparently a lot of game left. Its funny after how much flak the first game got for its structure, the sequel does almost the exact same thing apparently. I dont mind, I like the weird escalation of the postgame stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Ok I "beat" it but like the first one theres a twist + apparently a lot of game left. Its funny after how much flak the first game got for its structure, the sequel does almost the exact same thing apparently. I dont mind, I like the weird escalation of the postgame stuff.

It's not as bad as the first one at all. The next part isn't nearly as repetitive

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

It's not as bad as the first one at all. The next part isn't nearly as repetitive

It took me a bit to figure out the trick to progress the story because I had compeltely forgotten the Bravely Second mechanic existed

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

:siren: FFXV has broken street date 12 days early :siren:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

:siren: FFXV has broken street date 12 days early :siren:

In Peru :negative:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah...its probably just a matter of time now though. Not that Ill get it early, I dont know how to do that. But we do know now that the delay reason wasnt real, they claimed the 2 month delay was to make sure there wouldnt be a day one patch but theres a 7 gig day one patch. Idk why they just didnt admit they delayed the game so they could work on it more, is that really such a damning thing to say.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

nice av

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

I just did something really effing sick. There's a boss in Chapter 4 who can posses anything in the battles, allies or enemies. He starts with 3 extra foes on his side, I had only ever seen him possess them. After I wiped out the last one, he attacked and killed one of my people. No big deal, I res them next turn and start preparing buffs to take him down, he still has like 70k health at this point. Next turn he possesses one of my dudes and starts loving me up. But since I have the turn rewinding job with the passive that lets me select a state from the past 3 turns, and he had possessed the character who had killed 3 turns ago, I rewind him to 0 health and instagib him. Insane that you can do that, and now that I have his job asterisk I think I could actually set that combo up myself for future bosses and create a suicide squad lol

guardian's sick, i made yew one and gave tiz 4 swords then i powered up both and possessed tiz for ultimate power

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

It took me a bit to figure out the trick to progress the story because I had compeltely forgotten the Bravely Second mechanic existed

the courage to try again......

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't make it, it's Pokemon day and I didn't finish bravely second -_- I left myself some comprehensive gamer notes so I can remember what jobs I was building, I'm pretty much settled on 3 of the 4 but still don't know what to do with Yew, although I just got summoner so I was thinking of making him my magic damage + healer guy (he's been running heals the whole game basically). Magnolia and Edea have been physical eliminators and Tiz is my buffer/debuffer. It's been working super well and I haven't even really needed a strong 4th yet so hell. Whatever. I almost got all the jobs in Chap 5, still no clue how much game is actually left though.

The max level ninja ability that raises the hit cap from 16 to 32 seems like it could be legendary but I've never even come close to getting 16 hits, let alone twice that. But maybe by end game I could make a quad wieldin ninja with that hits 160k damage per turn with the right buffs

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
final fantasty

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
this is my poo poo

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

man the difference between final fantasy 1 and 2 (US) must have blown peoples minds away if they were fans of and remembered the first one

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

man the difference between final fantasy 1 and 2 (US) must have blown peoples minds away if they were fans of and remembered the first one

I stayed up all night playing final fantasy 2. I was pretty crazy about FF1, too, though. I had the Nintendo power guide and it was worn to hell because I would read it over and over since there was no internet back then.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I stayed up all night playing final fantasy 2. I was pretty crazy about FF1, too, though. I had the Nintendo power guide and it was worn to hell because I would read it over and over since there was no internet back then.

you sound old as gently caress bitch LOL

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I went to school with one of the bombers and saw Jeff around town at arcade cabinets before I even knew who he was.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

zam, no oldies allowed

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
FF6 is the best game in the series and FF9 is just pure art.

I'm too scared to buy another FF game though. My first FF was 4 and I bought, played and finished every FF (excluding the MMOs) up until FF12 which I could never finish because Vaan was literal poison who I hated. I haven't bought or played a FF since.

Let me know how 15 is.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
13-2 and 13-3 are really good so maybe give them a try. some people like 13 too but i don't

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Jenner posted:

I'm too scared to buy another FF game though. My first FF was 4 and I bought, played and finished every FF (excluding the MMOs) up until FF12 which I could never finish because Vaan was literal poison who I hated. I haven't bought or played a FF since.

Let me know how 15 is.

Vaan is not poison he's a cute little boy and 12 is epic so try again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

12 is the only FF I didn't like at all and couldn't even come close to finishing

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I didnt like 12 at all. but i was using gambits, supposedly you can play just fine without using them which might be fun

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

12 is the only FF I didn't like at all and couldn't even come close to finishing

Same. X is really rough now too. I didn't get far in the remake

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Jenner posted:

Let me know how 15 is.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3798177

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Im looking forward to final fantasy 15

e: I would probably play 10 again since I liked blitzball and the visuals were really stunning at the time so nostalgia would carry me through but 12 was just boring to me, i set up my party and just mindlessly walked to the next story beat that I mostly ignored unless balthier was saying something. Didnt even get through the intro in 13 lol

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Nov 21, 2016

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jenner posted:

Let me know how 15 is.

Dude you made that whole thread complaining about how a Japanese company produced an entertainment product from a Japanese staff that was meant to sell to a Japanese audience was ruining their games by including anime-like plot details.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I skipped to page nine of your thread, it's a pretty solid broken games poster multi paragraph formatted post honey pot

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

>tfw vaan is literally poison

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
"anime"

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't get mad reading some posts but then a guy called Final Fantasy bad by calling Evangalion bad

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
most of the posts in that thread are novels and i can't bear to read that level of irritating pretentiousness, it's purestrain Games in its worst form

i even tried to be earnest about how awful it was, going all if you want to criticize this poo poo you might want to write your own poo poo to get a real understanding of how these things are made and qualify yourself and your own tastes, then linked the greatest movie director of the 20th century saying the same thing as support

everyone ignored me to whine about how insert game here was the worst game in the series some more lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The XIII series is good and anyone who disagrees is a slave to their nostalgia.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
LR is a lot of fun

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Coolguye posted:

most of the posts in that thread are novels and i can't bear to read that level of irritating pretentiousness, it's purestrain Games in its worst form

i even tried to be earnest about how awful it was, going all if you want to criticize this poo poo you might want to write your own poo poo to get a real understanding of how these things are made and qualify yourself and your own tastes, then linked the greatest movie director of the 20th century saying the same thing as support

everyone ignored me to whine about how insert game here was the worst game in the series some more lol

people who hate games and know a million tiny details about them to explain exactly whats bad about it come off like crazy conspiracy theorists

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

people who hate a game and still play it for 40 hours never asking whats wrong with themselves

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

elf help book posted:

people who hate games and know a million tiny details about them to explain exactly whats bad about it come off like crazy conspiracy theorists

The best is when it's something like Borderlands or Diablo 3 and they have played it for hundreds of hours

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

fozzy fosbourne posted:

The best is when it's something like Borderlands or Diablo 3 and they have played it for hundreds of hours

this but train simulator steam reviews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

folder
Oct 9, 2016
12 is one of my favourites just because i thought the world and music were very good. i liked the turkish/arabic style they used in some of the settings.