Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Man Arcade only is annoying. I'd buy that on Steam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Peanut President posted:

And it's still a better NASCAR game then the last few years of shovel ware.

And DAYTONAAAAAAAAAA will never be off topic.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

tater_salad posted:

I hope for every race of the Monster Race series Fred Durst comes out with a monster hat on and sings "rollin"

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
new NASCAR on Fox intro

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Peanut President posted:

It'll be on consoles and Steam within a year I'd say.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Firstly, lol.

Second, real talk, some of those older gen cars would just flip for no reason my god.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

algebra testes posted:

Firstly, lol.

Second, real talk, some of those older gen cars would just flip for no reason my god.

I've posted this a bunch but I always forget who's new or not

Blowovers, as they are called, used to be more common than they are now. It happened because firstly, the cars were about 20mph faster before restrictor plates were installed. Couple that with no roof flaps, no side skirts, a higher ride height and then toss that 200mph mess sideways across (possibly wet) grass and the car turns into a wing, basically.

Mainly the unevenness of the ground where the grass is (was, most tracks paved these spots) coupled with 200+ mph speeds and you get short duration lift.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Grand Tour spoilers but lol Mike Skinner is going to be the show's equivalent of the Stig

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

keevo posted:

Grand Tour spoilers but lol Mike Skinner is going to be the show's equivalent of the Stig

but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DngvCkyFcj4

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

apparently pasty englishmen shouldn't go out in the sun

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

CHOKLIT STRAWBITCH

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

TBR sold its Charter to Leavine. Jayski says the 59 is locked in this weekend but I don't know if they're running two cars or if it was momentary lysdexia.

e- Tyler Reddick to Ganassi in NXS 42 next year in a ride to be shared with Kyle Larson. It begins continues. :fuckoff:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Nov 18, 2016

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
remember when most of the thread was like "charters are good y'all"

lol

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

VikingSkull posted:

lol

No? Has anyone besides the owners of a major team or NASCAR (and their media shills) itself ever thought it anything but terrible?

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

VikingSkull posted:

lol

Are you thinking of that Facebook group again? I don't remember people here liking it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VikingSkull posted:

lol

who liked it

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Literally this entire thread said charters were a garbage fire. Maybe Viking just likes garbage fires?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

njsykora posted:

Literally this entire thread said charters were a garbage fire. Maybe Viking just likes garbage fires?

...maybe?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

VikingSkull posted:

lol

Absolutely not.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
In fact the main voice I remember supporting Charters was you, Viking because "gently caress start and parks".

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

CBJSprague24 posted:

TBR sold its Charter to Leavine. Jayski says the 59 is locked in this weekend but I don't know if they're running two cars or if it was momentary lysdexia.

e- Tyler Reddick to Ganassi in NXS 42 next year in a ride to be shared with Kyle Larson. It begins continues. :fuckoff:

Yup the number's right. LFR put Ty Dillon in the 95 and McDowell to the 59 team he raced into the Daytona 500. The 7's charter means that both LFRs 59 and 95 now have charters.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

LASTCAR posted:

Yup the number's right. LFR put Ty Dillon in the 95 and McDowell to the 59 team he raced into the Daytona 500. The 7's charter means that both LFRs 59 and 95 now have charters.
..until Monday, when the 59 and 95 go their separate ways.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Peanut President posted:

In fact the main voice I remember supporting Charters was you, Viking because "gently caress start and parks".

Yeah, I'll own up to the misremembering part, lots of y'all were against it. It happens.

I did find this gem for you though, pnut

VikingSkull posted:

If I was an open team I'd drive like loving Cole Trickle in the races because gently caress NASCAR and gently caress Charter teams.

Oh hey look a part of my car that's still in "good standing" with NASCAR!

*kick*

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

17 laps to go in the CWTS season and Crafton and Sauter are side by side for the title. :suspense:

e- G-M-S. G-M-S. G-M-S. G-M-S. :siren: :getin: :whatup:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 19, 2016

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

e- G-M-S. G-M-S. G-M-S. G-M-S. :siren: :getin: :whatup:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I feel a lil bad for Byron

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

I feel a lil bad for Byron

This is one of those times where we're hypocritical as fans because this system is completely stupid and disregards who was the best over a sustained period of time, as Byron should've won the title.

...but then GMS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

you guys have been reduced to rooting for johnny fuckin' sauter? for shame.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Were rooting for gms not Sauter.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Johnny Sauter owns

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Rooting for GMS is like rooting for Austin Dillon, Ty Dillon, Paul Menard, and Brian Scott.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I expect comedy gold, Goon Driver.

e- Wait a minute, I thought NASCAR said Cup drivers couldn't run this race at all. What was Larson doing in the field?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 19, 2016

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I keep confusing Johnny Sauter with Johnny Benson.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

e- Wait a minute, I thought NASCAR said Cup drivers couldn't run this race at all. What was Larson doing in the field?

lol you expect Nascar to enforce a rule. Also I wouldn't be surprised if they never said anything about Cup drivers not running the Truck final, just the Xfinity.

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

I thought that was next year.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

quote:

The 16 drivers who qualified for the 2015 Chase for the Sprint Cup will not be eligible to compete in either of the Xfinity or truck series finales.

http://accesswdun.com/article/2016/1/363705/nascar-reveals-chase-format-for-xfinity-truck-series

Larson didn't make the Chase last year.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

CBJSprague24 posted:

This is one of those times where we're hypocritical as fans because this system is completely stupid and disregards who was the best over a sustained period of time, as Byron should've won the title.

...but then GMS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GwjfUFyY6M

Without the chase, Sauter wins by 2 points.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

iwentdoodie posted:

Thankfully driver was okay. Was definitely a fuel fire by the way it burned.

loving fire crew ignored the running, flaming driver to try and put the car out for a good 30 seconds. All they had were goddamn pressurized water bottles, no foam or powder.

I was kinda disappointed that time I covered the Outlaws race at the local dirt track. No wrecks at all.

Peanut President posted:

"If tried, and if deemed successful, plate engines could be used for the 2018 Brickyard 400 - still arguably Cup's second-most prestigious race after the Daytona 500."

*squints* y-yeah?

CactusWeasle posted:

Its arguably 'a race'
Daytona and Talladega I can understand, but the Brickyard, flat as Danica's chest? Boo. Also lol Indy only makes the news in NASCAR when somebody does Double Duty. Pretty sure the prestigiousness list is Daytona, Talladega, Charlotte, and Darlington.

Has anybody run a full-power Cup car on a plate track since Bill Elliott set the record just before restrictor plates were mandated?

algebra testes posted:

Firstly, lol.

it's simple aerodynamics, a car is small in front and big in back, when it gets backwards at 150mph, it's a perfect airfoil. Hence the roof flaps on the modern cars.

Chillbro Baggins fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Nov 19, 2016

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Delivery McGee posted:

Has anybody run a full-power Cup car on a plate track since Bill Elliott set the record just before restrictor plates were mandated?

AFAIK, not since Rusty Wallace did 12 years ago and was hitting 230

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/rusty-runs-unrestricted-car-news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
near 1,000hp and high banks make up for the weight and brick shape of the cars, they'd crack 230 easy today

also, GMS y'all

• Locked thread