Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

tbp posted:

Do you want more fun info about sm OU o would you prefer to be surprised

lay it on me buddy. my predict is that cb tapu bulu is going to be novel for about 48 hours before i hate it, same with 1-2 ultra beast maybe but people seemed hungry for Ubers for those anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Space T Rex posted:

Do sun/moon get a midnight release? i know the digitial pre-order does but can I just go to any walmart and pick it up at 12:30??

apparently it's all computer automated, so technically they should work.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

oddium posted:

this thread was started like a month ago

we shouldn't suffer for the mistakes of our fathers

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

oddium posted:

this thread was started like a month ago

Pokemen Megathread: the last thread was started like a month ago

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

jarbv posted:

if i were ash;s mom i would gently caress mr mime to get another baby that didnt suck, just sayin

do humans have eggs in the pokemon world

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

do humans have eggs in the pokemon world

i mean we do irl so i dont see why not

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

jarbv posted:

if i were ash;s mom i would gently caress mr mime to get another baby that didnt suck, just sayin

You'd get Mime Jr. so that's a fool's errand

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Countblanc posted:

lay it on me buddy. my predict is that cb tapu bulu is going to be novel for about 48 hours before i hate it, same with 1-2 ultra beast maybe but people seemed hungry for Ubers for those anyway

well aegislash and mega mawile are unbanned, as is genesect, and greninja and swagger. also a bunch of old megas dont exist anymore like heracross, medicham, i think lopunny - they're coded in game but theres no way to get the stones at the moment. i think super-zygarde is also OU to start with lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

tbp posted:

well aegislash and mega mawile are unbanned, as is genesect, and greninja and swagger. also a bunch of old megas dont exist anymore like heracross, medicham, i think lopunny - they're coded in game but theres no way to get the stones at the moment. i think super-zygarde is also OU to start with lol

the wild west is back

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

im excited to have broken stuff to play w/ at this time. spike stack + genesect + aegislash is so fun

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

swag play actually having a psuedo-counter now is cool

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Ruggington posted:

swag play actually having a psuedo-counter now is cool

yeah it was such a bizarre nerf for swagger that im a little bewildered. truthfully i still prefer a meta without it bc i think its really boring when a last mon klefki can beat like 3-4 things that should kill it but its nice it was nerfed

Truecon420
Jul 11, 2013

I like to tweet and live my life. Thank you.

Soul Glo posted:

Hell yeah it is, welcome to America, motherfucker.

Try Amazon at midnight on Thanksgiving or just pay MSRP, it's not worth it.

Ah thanks, I didn't know I could order it online on black friday as well. What do you mean by just pay MSRP?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

tbp posted:

yeah it was such a bizarre nerf for swagger that im a little bewildered. truthfully i still prefer a meta without it bc i think its really boring when a last mon klefki can beat like 3-4 things that should kill it but its nice it was nerfed

yeah thats basically how i feel. i wouldnt mind in the least if it left again but i dont mind that its back

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

the one thing ppl are most mad about being back is aegislash but i mean i love its design so much and im more used to metagames centered around a few mons (like ttar swampert blissey skarm) in ADV so having aegi doesn't seem too wild to me but they'll probs ban it again

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i cant wait for battle bond greninja

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

TFRazorsaw posted:

we could never be... we're in different egg groups

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's always the same species as the mother you idiot.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

cheetah7071 posted:

Nope. Lilligant is in though and it's just a better bellossom in every way.
Not anymore, Bellossom gets Quiver Dance now and also has an actual movepool.

Unlike Lilligant, who still has no coverage worth a drat :negative:

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dungeon cousin posted:

It's always the same species as the mother you idiot.

You're the idiot for assuming Ash's mom isn't just a ditto.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Had to order stuff on Amazon so I "pre-ordered" and it's set to be delivered the 22nd. So it can sit on the counter until the 25th when I actually get a DS. :smug:

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

U.T. Raptor posted:

Not anymore, Bellossom gets Quiver Dance now and also has an actual movepool.

Unlike Lilligant, who still has no coverage worth a drat :negative:

Yeah but Bellossum has like trick room style speed, so good luck geting up 2 quiver dances.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Going back to the anime for a sec, I just noticed Ash's t-shirt when Mr. Dad won their trip

Best reference ever

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Going back to the anime for a sec, I just noticed Ash's t-shirt when Mr. Dad won their trip

Best reference ever
That carnival man reminds me of a younger Dr. Wily.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Blaziken386 posted:

No, this is what Wily looked like before adult onset Einsteitis

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Blaziken386 posted:

He looks like a Pokemon, but I can't quite put my finger on which one.

Anyway, amazon says my thing is still on time and should arrive tomorrow so whatever if it gets here cool if not I'll look for a copy later somewhere and if unable to cancel it I'll just flip my amazon copy for a few bucks at a gamestop or wherever. I accept this. I welcome death.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Emalde posted:

https://discord.gg/RhbEapR reminder that we have a discord for active SuMo chat

For trading with people for starters and whatever. Early Chansey? Don't use Chansey.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

jarbv posted:

we could never be... we're in different egg groups

Speaking of which, I looked at the various egg groups that the new Pokémon belong to and a lot of them were expected. A few are a bit strange though. Comfey only belongs to the Grass egg group despite not being a Grass type, and it isn't in the Fairy egg group.

There are no new Human-like egg group Pokémon either.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Zuzie posted:

Speaking of which, I looked at the various egg groups that the new Pokémon belong to and a lot of them were expected. A few are a bit strange though. Comfey only belongs to the Grass egg group despite not being a Grass type, and it isn't in the Fairy egg group.

There are no new Human-like egg group Pokémon either.

wtf are the Tapus then?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

jarbv posted:

wtf are the Tapus then?

Legendary, Unbreedable.

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Truecon420 posted:

Ah thanks, I didn't know I could order it online on black friday as well. What do you mean by just pay MSRP?

Pay the normal price. Sale price isn't worth it if it's just going to be a pain in the rear end to find one.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Strange Quark posted:

People think the moon is cooler than the sun.

Source: 14-year-old me.

The sun is definitely hotter than the moon. :science:

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Considering buying the digital version because I am impatient and want to play in two hours instead of waiting til tomorrow... does Nintendo have any of those limitations on how many times I can download the game? Cause Sun will take up my entire SD card and that is bothersome.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cams posted:

Considering buying the digital version because I am impatient and want to play in two hours instead of waiting til tomorrow... does Nintendo have any of those limitations on how many times I can download the game? Cause Sun will take up my entire SD card and that is bothersome.

No limitations on how many times you can download.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
5 days more to go for me.

Goonfriends, please promise you will have fun with your new friends and don't forget those of us doomed to wait until the EU release.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Zore posted:

No limitations on how many times you can download.
Cool. I will have 394 blocks after I install this.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

cams posted:

Cool. I will have 394 blocks after I install this.

That's enough space for Gunman Clive, with blocks to spare!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I am excited to play but won't be able to until tomorrow night, so here's my team I'm planning:

Grass Owl
Electric Bug or Raichu whichever's better
Rock Dog
Arcanine
Starmie

What should the sixth one be besides the mimic one everyone's nuts about (that apparently takes a long time to get to)?

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
I preordered Amazon's Sun/Moon steelbook thing back in July and it's not showing up until Tuesday. :argh:

They're giving me $20 and an apology for the delay. Onward to the eShop I guess.

Edit: wait, hang on. The support guy just said they're sending me the bundle and also issuing a full refund after it ships? wtf Amazon

i poop fire fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Nov 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Sun/Moon is ungodly huge for a 3DS game, literally 1000 blocks larger than Alpha Sapphire. So far the only game I've seen larger is Xenoblade.