Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

CIA is a bastion of neoconservativism and hates russia so yeah theyre probably are not supportive

mcmuffin was a CIA guy

Shedding a tear for McMuffin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
Mirror image Hannity.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Idiot Kicker posted:

Shedding a tear for McMuffin

I really think he might win Utah!

We were so young, so naive...

uncertainty
Aug 8, 2011

Trump just tweeted the Kentucky Ford plant is staying in the US because of him, every news article I found about Ford moving out of the country is about a Michigan plant, is he really that deceptive or am I missing something?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/799432403727028224

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

uncertainty posted:

is he really that deceptive

Uhh.......

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

NSA-designee Gen. Flynn is currently on the payroll of the government of Turkey.

:)

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

uncertainty posted:

Trump just tweeted the Kentucky Ford plant is staying in the US because of him, every news article I found about Ford moving out of the country is about a Michigan plant, is he really that deceptive or am I missing something?

But he's telling the truth! He talked to them and they said they're not gonna shut down their plant! :downs:

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

uncertainty posted:

Just got a call from my friend Francoise Hollande, President of France, who advised me that he will be keeping the Statue of Liberty in New York - no takesies-backsies

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

euphronius posted:

NSA-designee Gen. Flynn is currently on the payroll of the government of Turkey.

Wikipedia posted:

Criticism[edit]
Several sources, including the Politico have written that Flynn's consulting company is allegedly lobbying for Turkey. A company tied to Erdogan's government, which supports Muslim Brotherhood, is known to have hired Flynn's lobbying firm.[42][43][44][45][46][47]

:captainpop:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
starting in less than an hour

Neil Breen 2nite, 10 PM EST - be there or be square

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

That Tim Ryan clip on Maddow just now was pretty good. In regards to Donald he said “I don’t mean to be graphic, but this guy to our friends in the trades — to our steelworkers who he’s been treating unfairly, very unfairly — he will, he will gut you and he will walk over your cold dead body and he won’t even flinch.” He seems suitably unhinged to run in 2020.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Can a Flynn apt be blocked?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

you could try and stand in front of him and yell "sacrosanct!" i guess

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

euphronius posted:

Hahaha, look at this piece of poo poo AP piece on Flynn that most of the smaller papers and news sites are using as their 'who is this guy who Trump's just appointed' explanation for unfamiliar readers:

AP's national security writer, no less posted:

Flynn's Reputation: Astute Intelligence Pro, Straight Talker
WASHINGTON (AP) — Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn, the man Donald Trump has asked to be his national security adviser, built a reputation in the Army as an astute intelligence professional and a straight talker.

What set Flynn apart after he shed his uniform in 2014 was the blistering public criticism he quickly leveled at the White House and Pentagon, taking issue with a wide range of national security policies, including the administration's approach to fighting the Islamic State group and, more generally, its handling of global affairs.

In recent public comments, including his fiery address at the Republican National Convention, Flynn has emphasized his view that the threat posed by IS requires a more aggressive U.S. military, as well as his belief that Washington should work more closely with Moscow. Flynn is a champion of other foreign policy themes Trump pushed during the campaign, including renegotiating the Iran nuclear deal.

This alignment of views, coupled with his outspokenness, could make Flynn a particularly useful ally to Trump and counterweight to those senior military officers who have been leery of deeper U.S. involvement in the Middle East as well as those convinced that Russia's aggression in Ukraine demands a harsher U.S. response.

Flynn's military experience might have made him seem like a natural choice to lead the Pentagon. But without a waiver from Congress, he is not eligible to be secretary of defense because federal law says "a person may not be appointed as secretary of defense within seven years after relief from active duty as a commissioned officer." Flynn retired from the Army after two turbulent years as director of the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon's top spy agency.

As Trump's national security adviser he would not require Senate confirmation.

Flynn, who turns 58 in December, is a native of Middletown, Rhode Island. He graduated from the University of Rhode Island in 1981 with a degree in management science and was commissioned a second lieutenant in military intelligence. He held various positions in military intelligence throughout his career, including director of intelligence for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and intelligence chief for the U.S.-led International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan.

According to a biography published by the DIA during his time as its director, Flynn's academic credentials include three graduate degrees: a master's in telecommunications from Golden Gate University; a master's in military arts and sciences from the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas; and a master's in national security and strategic studies from the U.S. Naval War College at Newport, Rhode Island.

With his public and fervent support for Trump, highlighted by his July convention appearance, Flynn challenged the military's apolitical traditions. He was not alone in that role. John Allen, a retired Marine general, spoke at the Democratic National Convention as a Clinton supporter. Their former colleague, retired Gen. Martin Dempsey, wrote in The Washington Post that Flynn and Allen were wrong to have participated as they did.

"The military is not a political prize," Dempsey wrote. "The American people should not wonder where their military leaders draw the line between military advice and political preference."

Flynn would not be the first retired general to be asked to serve as part of a president's national security team. Obama appointed retired Army Gen. David Petraeus as CIA director in 2011.

Colin Powell, who had served as chairman of Joint Chiefs of Staff at the pinnacle of his Army career, became secretary of state during President George W. Bush's first term. He also served as national security adviser to President Ronald Reagan from 1987 to 1989 while retaining his Army commission as a lieutenant general.

Retired Marine Gen. James Jones, a former commander of U.S. and NATO forces in Europe, served as Obama's first national security adviser.
But seriously guys, the media's going to realize the mistakes they made during the campaign and hold Trump and his collection of monsters properly to account now, really they are. For gently caress's sake.

Guy DeBorgore
Apr 6, 1994

Catnip is the opiate of the masses
Soiled Meat

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

nope, national security advisor is up to the president alone

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
cant wait for the trump tower mike rowe special where he aw shucks about how hard it is being a fema camp guard but that a good day of work is more rewarding than any number of degrees

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Nichael posted:

That Tim Ryan clip on Maddow just now was pretty good. In regards to Donald he said “I don’t mean to be graphic, but this guy to our friends in the trades — to our steelworkers who he’s been treating unfairly, very unfairly — he will, he will gut you and he will walk over your cold dead body and he won’t even flinch.” He seems suitably unhinged to run in 2020.

uh thats exactly whats needed

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

mormonpartyboat posted:

cant wait for the trump tower mike rowe special where he aw shucks about how hard it is being a fema camp guard but that a good day of work is more rewarding than any number of degrees

Too soon.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

euphronius posted:

Remember Richard Nixon

In retrospect, good president

Well if you're gonna be a dick anyway, might as well be tricky.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
There's are too many Ryans

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

uh thats exactly whats needed

Yeah, I didn't mean that as a joke. He sounds great. I never knew he existed until just now and I'm already excited for him.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

logikv9 posted:

thats what happened

when they decided to

Save Private Ryan

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
make ryan public

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Nichael posted:

Yeah, I didn't mean that as a joke. He sounds great. I never knew he existed until just now and I'm already excited for him.

ah sorry i read your post as "too unhinged"

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:cripes::ughh::cripes::ughh::cripes:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

mannerup posted:

guardian is floating david petraeus as SoS

have heard over ten different names at this point all in the vying for SoS, media is running with anything they hear at this point even with dumb sources as "someone who is familiar with trump's thinking"

if they dumb they must think like trump qed

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Anonymous sources who are familiar with Trumps thinking are now reporting that Ronald Reagan is being considered for secretary of state

anonymous sources familiar with trump's thinking have clawed out their eyes and won't stop screaming

uncertainty posted:

is no mexico the new no homo?

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

1. Can you imagine the scandal that this would be if Chelsea sat in with Hillary?
2. God drat that is one ugly loving room.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

rudatron posted:

wow sounds like a real lifehack

Well, the problem for goons is you'll be growing tomatoes, wheat, corn, beans and the like, but not pizza and cheetos

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

ah sorry i read your post as "too unhinged"
He's very direct and straight forward, but not in the so god drat stupid Donald Trump way.

logikv9 posted:

Maddow just said this.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

SocketWrench posted:

Well, the problem for goons is you'll be growing tomatoes, wheat, corn, beans and the like, but not pizza and cheetos

tomatoes and wheat are important steps on the way to a good pizza at least

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Nichael posted:

He's very direct and straight forward, but not in the so god drat stupid Donald Trump way.

Maddow just said this.

Don't doxx me

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

The burned out ruins of a trailer park still on the Michigan Democratic Party's list of "places to visit" is way too apt of a metaphor for this election not to be pre-ordained.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Doorknob Slobber posted:

tomatoes and wheat are important steps on the way to a good pizza at least
It's just going to be mutfruits and tatos after Trump.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

totally not awkward

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Winkie01 posted:

1. Can you imagine the scandal that this would be if Chelsea sat in with Hillary?
2. God drat that is one ugly loving room.

Watch your mouth, that's the future First Woman President of the United States you're talking about.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

The burned out ruins of a trailer park still on the Michigan Democratic Party's list of "places to visit" is way too apt of a metaphor for this election not to be pre-ordained.
the best was still

https://twitter.com/AdamSoucie/status/796851202659061760

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench