Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Zenithe posted:

Hey, what the hell is up with Sydney Airport? You can just walk out the front gate and into a suburb or something? :confused:

That's Melbourne too, you never seen The Castle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
NSW ICAC getting hosed in the arse, too beautiful for this world

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/nov/17/icac-overhaul-passes-new-south-wales-parliament-despite-scathing-criticism

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

hawaiian_robot posted:

I definitely hadn't heard this, guessing it was around Jesmond or Wallsend?

Jesmond. The police were giving talks to community groups at Newcastle City Council libraries and used the opportunity to point out you don't have to call the cops every time you see eight black people together.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
So is Dutton calling for the deportation for the Vietnamese? I'm having difficulty following the xenophobia.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

Lid posted:

So is Dutton calling for the deportation for the Vietnamese? I'm having difficulty following the xenophobia.

Congrats you thought critically about this statement instead of accepting that we finally have a government that is addressing the cause of our woes: forigners. This puts you outside the target audience.

Would Tampa have happened, would children overboard have happened, if Fraiser hadn't been so daft? You tell me. You tell me.

Cirofren fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Nov 18, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Lid posted:

No, the Czechs.

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug
Maybe next Dutton can tut-tut Menzies for signing the UN refugee convention in the first place.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Yeah or piss on the graves of any of the five serving PM's from 1939-1945 for being opposed to the nazis

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Incidentally that's a lot of leaders in war time.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Yeah, what's the story?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Yeah, what's the story?

A combination of deaths in office and caretaker PMs.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Doctor Spaceman posted:

A combination of deaths in office and caretaker PMs.

CHAOS IN CANBERRA

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Lyons died in office (in mid-1935), and Page (Country Party) took over while the UAP (think proto-Liberals) elected a new leader. When the UAP chose Ming he forced Page out and took over as PM.

Curtin died in office (in mid-1945) and Forde took over until the party chose Chifley a few weeks later.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

CHAOS IN CANBERRA

There was absolutely that too; Ming lost the confidence of his party and they appointed Hughes as leader, except Hughes was loving ancient (and also Billy "loving" Hughes) and so the Country Party got their guy (Fadden) in as PM.

Then Fadden lost control of the hung parliament a few months later and the GG let Curtin take over.

This was over the space of about 6 months in late 1941.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Nov 18, 2016

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Kicking Menzies to the curb was one of the last times the Australian Polity showed any sense what so ever.

Turdball was banging on about our pressing need to increase productivity and the way to do it is to slash company tax. The new paradigm Ladies and Gentlemen : To fix <anything> Slash Taxes. Peter Dutton a fiasco? SLASH TAXES! Erectile dysfunction? SLASH TAXES! Next door neighbour flunks the Dulux colour chart test? SLASH TAXES! Thanks for taking the lead here Mr Trump!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
In the post Trump world it is remarkable Asian's have gone from being "one of the good ones" to people no longer pretending it matters, so right back to gently caress off you're fulling us. I expect a Bill Leak cartoon shortly that is not at all racist.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Lid posted:

In the post Trump world it is remarkable Asian's have gone from being "one of the good ones" to people no longer pretending it matters, so right back to gently caress off you're fulling us. I expect a Bill Leak cartoon shortly that is not at all racist.

https://twitter.com/BLeakEksplayned/status/799400053282455553

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
Was trying to write something funny.

Literally head in my hands instead.

I did not know about that.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

You Am I posted:

lol now Potato Head Dutton is blaming Malcolm Fraser for the immigration woes that have befallen Australia.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2016/nov/18/australia-paying-for-immigration-mistakes-made-by-malcolm-fraser-says-peter-dutton

Ok cool, they have put my dipshit local Federal representative as the head of the committee to look into how young immigrants are getting into gangs.

BBJoey posted:

dutton is about two months away from the 14 words

Dutton, the lnp in general actually uses a lot of thought terminating cliches

quote:

“If there is a particular problem that people can point to within a certain community, and we’re talking about a significant number of people in that community who are doing the wrong thing, then clearly mistakes have been made in the past,” he said.

“The reality is that Malcolm Fraser did make mistakes in bringing some people in in the 1970s and we’re seeing that today. We need to be honest in having that discussion.”

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Dutton, the lnp in general actually uses a lot of thought terminating cliches

Some races are just inherently criminals, at last I see!

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Some races are just inherently criminals, at last I see!

it's all in the skull shape

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

The reality is that Malcolm Fraser did make mistakes in bringing some people in in the 1970s and we’re seeing that today. We need to be honest in having that discussion.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Forgot to add you werent exaggerating with the 14 words bit

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Forgot to add you werent exaggerating with the 14 words bit

"We'll decide who comes to our country, and the circumstances in which they come"

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

If the Libs are going to eat their own, they should start with JWH or Abbott

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
First Dog:

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
You tricked me!

Magog
Jan 9, 2010

I like the new direction First Dog is going in.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
It seems pretty dumb to be pissing on the viet community, given so many are part of the small business owner liberal cool-aid drinking set.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

We're not talking about the brightest lights in the sparkler packet. Dutton is a Qld cop after all, he's clueless.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

oh woah

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Holy poo poo that interview with Rod Cullen on 730.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

For those of us who don't watch tv / listen to the radio, what's the dealio

Nautilus42
Jan 14, 2008
Unrelated sea creature

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

"We'll decide who comes to our country, and the circumstances in which they come"

Holy poo poo :aaaaa:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Pope:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

tithin posted:

For those of us who don't watch tv / listen to the radio, what's the dealio

He's clueless as all gently caress, he is going to get owned big time in the courts, and looks like One Nation doesn't have party meetings, so it's going to be interesting times.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/woman-pleads-guilty-to-bestiality-with-her-dog-drug-trafficking-20161118-gsslp5.html

quote:

"It might be a sad reflection on society that the bestiality attracts more publicity whereas the serious offence of trafficking cannabis does not"

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
How the gently caress is trafficking cannabis a 'serious offence' anywhere except in the made-up rules of the Australian legal system?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Suspect in Commonwealth Bank branch horror an asylum seeker
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...8993c437ae1339b

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Yeah, not clicking on a Herald Sun link, especially one that is obviously wanting to beat up more racial tension

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What's the bet Dutton leaked this?

• Locked thread