Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

They didn't, but I mean there's like two or three half-minute interruptions at best over the course of an hour-long video.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Keep in mind I am still going based on the first episode of the first season where that happened constantly while the actual game was incredibly lovely. If it's gotten better cool but that's still annoying.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Minecraft being done is just so they can say "here, we finished this LP too" while filling up an emergency slot for now.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Frankly I just want more awkward Reboot.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'll be frankly impressed if Pat and Woolie can keep this controller conversation going for an hour, actually.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Phantasium posted:

Frankly I just want more awkward Reboot.

According to Pat in the latest Omikron episode, Reboot has been done for a while and Woolie has been holding out on us all this time.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Neo_Crimson posted:

According to Pat in the latest Omikron episode, Reboot has been done for a while and Woolie has been holding out on us all this time.

Sounds right.

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.
There are many 4 or 5 interruptions in the video tops. Each one is quite literally less than 3 seconds and is pat or woolie saying "That's death." or "They wanted you to press the button". In between which are 20-30 minute uninterrupted, podcast-level discussions about absolutely anything. They talk about Telltale once for about 5-7 minutes, and Pat passingly mentions he was surprised to learn the majority demographic for Minecraft was aged 5-12. Pat says "Patton Oswald sounds bored" at one point. That's it, no exaggeration.

If destroying trains of thought and interrupting discussion are your primary concerns, I assure you that you have nothing to worry about.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Look, once they put the Minecraft video on their website in the podcast section, I'll watch it. But frankly, I just don't have the time to be watching an hour of Telltale Minecraft video game otherwise.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Is it even safe to try and binge-watch the Omikron LP in the background?

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Grouchio posted:

Is it even safe to try and binge-watch the Omikron LP in the background?

Omikron is a sinking ship and the best friends are armed with a bucket of apathy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Congrats to Super Best Shills, now working for Warner Brothers

Clearly they were fans of the Shadow of Mordor 360 video

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tae posted:

Congrats to Super Best Shills, now working for Warner Brothers

what

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Warner brothers bought machinima

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It was obviously their deep love of all things DC that convinced Warner Brothers the buy.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
OMIKRON RETURNS

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Dias posted:

OMIKRON RETURNS
Why we don't have a compilation video on this LP is beyond me.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

YF-23 posted:

Do the people that don't follow the minecraft LP also not listen to the podcast? Actual question.

I don't follow either but for different reasons. The podcast regularly turns everyone into total assholes and I rather watch snippets of what good stuff there is on youtube than get stuck in the bad opinion zone for two to three hours, and the Minecraft LP I just...don't care? I don't care enough to enjoy one of the two video slots of the day taken up by it, that's for sure.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I mean if you want it in audio format just use listentoyoutube or something for an mp3 of the video

Yeah you can hear the characters talking in the background sometimes but they're almost inaudible most of the time

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

I mean if you want it in audio format just use listentoyoutube or something for an mp3 of the video

Yeah you can hear the characters talking in the background sometimes but they're almost inaudible most of the time

why does this matter so much to you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Rodyle posted:

Invictus gets really weird and antagonistic if you don't enjoy what they like in exactly the same way they do.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Improbable Lobster posted:

Invictus gets really weird and antagonistic if you don't enjoy what they like in exactly the same way they do.

I thought that was just goons in general when it came to food.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

RareAcumen posted:

I thought that was just goons in general when it came to food.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

That's true yes

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I actively try not to be that guy.

Sometimes I still find myself being that guy though. :negative:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Rodyle posted:

The conversation is still going and I offered an alternative since apparently some folks haven't used video converters before. It's simple, really.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

I actively try not to be that guy.

Sometimes I still find myself being that guy though. :negative:

It happens, no real reason to dwell on it. Sometimes something annoys you and you say something, it's no big deal.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Grouchio posted:

No compilations. No abridging. You must watch every episode and suffer along with all of us.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I was listening to Liam get kinda mad about the length of the controller cables on the NES Classic, and it seems odd to me because it's obvious because you want to keep the console within arm's reach in order to hit the reset button to go back to the system menu. Does everyone just demand to be able to put the system under their TV and get up and walk over to switch games? Nintendo clearly decided putting an extra button on what's supposed to be a perfect recreation of an NES controller was a worse option than just using an unused button on the system itself.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

1. Has Dishonored 2 been discussed yet? I've heard it's terribly buggy so far.
2. Pokemon Sun and Moon are out! Review or LP someday?
3. Will Mankind Divided get a full LP next year?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Grouchio posted:

2. Pokemon Sun and Moon are out! Review or LP someday?

Did you not learn your lesson from the previous pokemon LP?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

A good poster posted:

I was listening to Liam get kinda mad about the length of the controller cables on the NES Classic, and it seems odd to me because it's obvious because you want to keep the console within arm's reach in order to hit the reset button to go back to the system menu. Does everyone just demand to be able to put the system under their TV and get up and walk over to switch games? Nintendo clearly decided putting an extra button on what's supposed to be a perfect recreation of an NES controller was a worse option than just using an unused button on the system itself.

This isn't 1986 and peoples' home media setups aren't designed for people to play with wired controllers three feet from their 40" widescreen TV, not to mention the fact that the NES Classic controller's cord is one-third the length of a real NES controller cord. It's a genuine inconvenience and pretty much everyone who owns one has the same complaint, Liam's not being weird about this.

The Famicom Mini got it worse - not only are the controllers hardwired to the system but they shrunk the controllers to maintain form factor with the console so they're absurdly small (around 25% smaller than the original FC controller).

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Pokemon Moon is pretty cool

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pokemon Moon is pretty cool
Wait are you pat

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

This isn't 1986 and peoples' home media setups aren't designed for people to play with wired controllers three feet from their 40" widescreen TV, not to mention the fact that the NES Classic controller's cord is one-third the length of a real NES controller cord. It's a genuine inconvenience and pretty much everyone who owns one has the same complaint, Liam's not being weird about this.

The Famicom Mini got it worse - not only are the controllers hardwired to the system but they shrunk the controllers to maintain form factor with the console so they're absurdly small (around 25% smaller than the original FC controller).

When I said keep the system within arm's reach, I meant have it sit next to you on the couch. That seems to me like the way it's meant to be used, but other people like you and Liam just assume it's supposed to stay stationary under the TV.

A good poster fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Nov 18, 2016

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

A good poster posted:

When I said keep the system within arm's reach, I meant have it sit next to you on the couch. Is that so hard for everyone to visualize?

No but then you're running super long HDMI cables to connect it from your couch to the TV and then the power cable from the console to an outlet and most people (rightly) think that's dumb and stupid and a waste of space and cords and don't live lives where that's a sensible solution (i.e. They have pets, children, friends and family coming over, aren't crazy.)

Justice Sloth
Jun 10, 2012

Damn skippy.

A good poster posted:

When I said keep the system within arm's reach, I meant have it sit next to you on the couch. That seems to me like the way it's meant to be used, but other people like you and Liam just assume it's supposed to stay stationary under the TV.

What an unreasonable assumption, it's not like that's been the norm for just about every non-handheld vidcon released over the past decade or anything.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Pat saying they couldn't cheat (as if using save files here would be cheating) in this Omikron episode is very strange, considering I'm certain he was the one pushing for them to use Cheat Engine in an earlier part.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh man the Persona 5 part of the podcast is giving me some mad schadenfreude right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HoboTech
Feb 13, 2005

Reading this with the voice in your skull.
Gotta be honest, not looking forward to the constant PERSONA talk that will invade every episode of everything they do for the next six months after the game comes out.

Gonna be in the "fast forward the podcast" pile, along with the Lucha and JoJo talk.

Yes, I'm a bad person.

Grouchio posted:

I'm certain we will once the LP is done. That Spooky Cookies guy (lady?) always does a really good job with them.