Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

I Killed GBS posted:

It's honestly too cartoony to get that kind of reaction from me. It mostly reminds me of the dumb doodles of gross stuff kids put on the margins of their notebooks.

It's very subjective but yeah, for me, everything in BOI is drawn too cutely to be as gross as it probably should be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

I Killed GBS posted:

It's honestly too cartoony to get that kind of reaction from me. It mostly reminds me of the dumb doodles of gross stuff kids put on the margins of their notebooks.
Maybe this tends to be a boy thing, I don't remember anyone I knew doodling stuff other than hearts, flowers, stars, pretty dresses, princesses, puffy letter messages, "I love [boyname]", "I love Jesus," etc. Except me, but I doodled geometric patterns.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

pookel posted:

I don't have a philosophical problem with the grimdark per se, I just cannot sit through that much splattering poop, blood, snot, dead things, rotting things, body parts, etc, etc. without wanting to vomit after a couple of minutes. Especially with the squelchy sound effects. My kid plays it and loves it, but I try to be out of the room.

It can absolutely be done well, it just hasn't in 99% of the cases and tends to devolve into "the nerd creator thinks that for it to be art it has to be dark and involve mommy/daddy problems" or something like that and after the 30th game with a tiny, big-headed protagonist in a dark foreboding world I was just sick of it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

pookel posted:

Maybe this tends to be a boy thing, I don't remember anyone I knew doodling stuff other than hearts, flowers, stars, pretty dresses, princesses, puffy letter messages, "I love [boyname]", "I love Jesus," etc. Except me, but I doodled geometric patterns.

:hfive: What's up fellow pattern doodler

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

hackbunny posted:

Not going to THE RIGHT STUFF DOT BIZ. Who are these shitstains again?

they're related to mpc and 8chan /pol/ and pretend to be an intellectual wing of the alt-right.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

The Vosgian Beast posted:

:hfive: What's up fellow pattern doodler
Autism, it's usually autism. (I thought there was an aspie smiley but I can't find it. Sort of like this but without the rape: :tvtropes: )

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

pookel posted:

Autism, it's usually autism. (I thought there was an aspie smiley but I can't find it. Sort of like this but without the rape: :tvtropes: )

I believe it's :spergin:.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

pookel posted:

Imagine the kind of 14 year old kid who's into death metal, I mean really into it. Now imagine what is inside their spiral notebook.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

ate all the Oreos posted:

Imagine the kind of 14 year old kid who's into death metal, I mean really into it. Now imagine what is inside their spiral notebook.

Almost as many swastikas as the kid who doodles geometric patterns and doesn't tend to notice that the pretty, simple, repetitive patterns they're doodling everywhere are actually nazi as gently caress?

Although that kid may turn them into gridded squares or scribble over them when they realise they did hitler again.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I was just trying to dig up this old deviantart post from like a 13 year old girl who made some big-headed anime eyes characters that were ~edgy~ as all gently caress, i remember one of them was like, a ghost of a dead girl who had her face permanently cut and sewn into a smile and was raped to death and now she's the most badass girl ghost ever and is out for revenge!!!!

Not that she has anything to do with death metal, it's just the example I thought of when thinking "do girls do this too" :v:

GlassElephant
Oct 25, 2009

Schwere Panzerabteilung 502
Discovered they were Glass Elephants, 27 APR 45

hackbunny posted:

Not going to THE RIGHT STUFF DOT BIZ. Who are these shitstains again?

They do the "Daily Shoah" podcast, which was behind the (((echoes))) thing. They seem to be making a big propaganda push to take advantage of the election.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

GlassElephant posted:

They do the "Daily Shoah" podcast, which was behind the (((echoes))) thing. They seem to be making a big propaganda push to take advantage of the election.
Anyone have a login to their forum? There's no visible registration link. I'm guessing they don't want public exposure.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/798554370795335680

Thank God some good has come out of all of this

St_Rev's twitter is as dumb and dedicated to fighting his imaginary persecutors as you'd expect it to be at any given time, btw

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

I'm glad, in times of crisis, we have people like St_Rev to "um actually" while avoiding taking an opinion like one of the untermenschen

https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/746458122546384896

https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/746458328411189248
So glad I could find this post
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/797639925021741056

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

pookel posted:

I'm a woman. :\

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

I Killed GBS posted:

I'm a woman. :\
Whoops. Sorry. :doh:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
St_Rev's brain is clearly functioning on some level but he has this really intense emotional block that prevents him from thinking clearly whenever he thinks his Ultimate Enemies The Progs are involved and he doesn't seem remotely aware of it.

It's oddly fascinating, just thinkin' out loud here.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Trump-Supporting CEO Kicked Out Of Y Combinator Startup Incubator

Headline is overegged - Andrew Torba's not actually part of Y Combinator, he got kicked from the alumni social network.

Torba is the founder of alt-right social network gab.ai, where you will apparently find all the Milo you want. Torba considers this a free speech issue; the speech in question was

On Facebook, Torba posted:

All of you: gently caress off. Take your morally superior, elitist, virtue signaling bullshit and shove it.

I call it like I see it, and I helped meme a President into office, cucks.

Torba claims they've had it in for him for months, ever since he started showing what a stupendous cock he was revealing his true feelings as a conservative Christian. 'Cos every conservative Christian I know sure says "cuck" all the time. [citation needed]

quote:

On the phone, Torba rejected the idea that he or Gab.ai were part of the alt-right. “I do not identify as alt-right. I am a conservative Christian, I am a Republican,” he said. “I don’t know why people label me.”

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

Headline is overegged - Andrew Torba's not actually part of Y Combinator, he got kicked from the alumni social network.

Torba is the founder of alt-right social network gab.ai, where you will apparently find all the Milo you want. Torba considers this a free speech issue; the speech in question was

Torba claims they've had it in for him for months, ever since he started showing what a stupendous cock he was revealing his true feelings as a conservative Christian. 'Cos every conservative Christian I know sure says "cuck" all the time. [citation needed]

I am currently working at a Lutheran nursing home and I'm pretty sure I could ask every conservative Christian there if they knew what "cuck" meant and they'd say no.

And then I'd get fired when I attempt to describe what it means.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/798707664234704897

"If you ignore racist hate then you are the privileged one"

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Mister-Mean Spirited, still riding high on victory fumes, tries to convince his audience of maybe ten depressive jerks to take to the streets in ill-defined violent protests http://mister-mean-spirited.blogspot.com/2016/11/rightists-need-to-become-sore-winners.html?m=1

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Scott Alexander continues to prove he is a piece of poo poo. http://slatestarcodex.com/2016/11/16/you-are-still-crying-wolf/

Skittle Prickle
Oct 28, 2005

The best-tasting pickle I ever heard!

WilliamAnderson posted:

Scott Alexander continues to prove he is a piece of poo poo. http://slatestarcodex.com/2016/11/16/you-are-still-crying-wolf/

Holy poo poo, I kinda thought scott was getting better, but it turns out he was just holding in all his idiocy until the election was over!

Just how in denial do you have be to think racism had no part in trump winning?

Love the hatred of calling out dog-whistiling. In scotts world, for someone to be racist they have to submit a signed affidavit consisting of nothing but racial slurs, otherwise they're probably fine, no racism here, everythings fine!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

divabot posted:

https://twitter.com/ewerickson/status/624229746059149312

http://www.redstate.com/erick/2015/07/29/cuckservative-is-a-racist-slur-and-an-attack-on-evangelical-christians/

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Skittle Prickle posted:

Love the hatred of calling out dog-whistiling. In scotts world, for someone to be racist they have to submit a signed affidavit consisting of nothing but racial slurs, otherwise they're probably fine, no racism here, everythings fine!

It makes perfect sense when you realize how many racists he wants to stay Facebook/irl friends with.

Scott is the Goofus of educated white men. He belongs in a cartoon network series where the consequences and corrections of his heartfelt idiocy teach valuable morals to the manchild viewership.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Fututor Magnus posted:

https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/798707664234704897

"If you ignore racist hate then you are the privileged one"

I mean it's right in ways he didn't intend - it is definitely a privileged position to be able to choose not to interact with shitheads who think FREAKS CREATE PROGS OCCUPY is "criticism", I'm sure there's plenty of people who are stuck in communities or families that are really awful and can't really do anything about it.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

ate all the Oreos posted:

I mean it's right in ways he didn't intend - it is definitely a privileged position to be able to choose not to interact with shitheads who think FREAKS CREATE PROGS OCCUPY is "criticism", I'm sure there's plenty of people who are stuck in communities or families that are really awful and can't really do anything about it.

A lot of LW and post-rationalist discourse consists of feigned anger that anyone would consider some positions not worth the time of arguing with. Literally everyone, including post-rationalists, makes this call all the time but because you can't be 100% sure at all times that the crazy man screaming at you on the street isn't wrong about the sentient tapirs that control street lights, it's easy to pretend people who don't bother checking are intellectually dishonest.

And believe me: Rev's shut down well-meaning "progs" who tried to have an honest argument with him without engaging.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Silver2195 posted:

I kind of agree with this so far...

What the gently caress is wrong with you, WalterL?

The people who are trying for Singularity are exactly the people who nobody else would willingly give power to.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

The people who are trying for Singularity are exactly the people who nobody else would willingly give power to.

... and yet Peter Thiel is on Trump's transition team. :gonk:

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Undead Americans are a vital (if you'll pardon the pun) part of the Republican power structure. Lichelord Cheney, Vampire Thiel, Whatever-the-Hells Cruz.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Relevant Tangent posted:

Undead Americans are a vital (if you'll pardon the pun) part of the Republican power structure. Lichelord Cheney, Vampire Thiel, Whatever-the-Hells Cruz.

Cruz is a bloated corpse inhabited by the spiritual incarnation of the white hot ball of hate

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

A lot of LW and post-rationalist discourse consists of feigned anger that anyone would consider some positions not worth the time of arguing with. Literally everyone, including post-rationalists, makes this call all the time but because you can't be 100% sure at all times that the crazy man screaming at you on the street isn't wrong about the sentient tapirs that control street lights, it's easy to pretend people who don't bother checking are intellectually dishonest.
The funny part is this only applies to their own crazy positions, and not to other people's. Like these alt-right folks claim Twitter should be 100% uncensored, but I have yet to hear one of them speak out against their banning of ISIS accounts.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Relevant Tangent posted:

Whatever-the-Hells Cruz.

Tapioca Elemental

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
been awhile since ive been here

they won. theyre gloating. and its loving insufferable.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
https://twitter.com/slatestarcodex/status/799093697078034432

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
What a loving idiot.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
"Actual nazis" is the keyword there

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
its amazing how an entire generation has been swept up in white nationalism.

its even more amazing how theyre all banning together from all parts of the world. YAY!

:stare:

https://twitter.com/WatsonInstitute/status/798947591237042176

to say anything more of 2016, would be pointless

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
so there's been this world wide American lead multi-decade pan-national thing that has broken down borders and transferred massive amounts of material wealth into the hands of a small group, most of them white. or Chinese, since that's the only other place that really benefited from it in a major way.

and now all the whitey's who used to be well off are angry, and yeah, lots of them are super racist, but even still they have been hosed over completely, and not for any kind of egalitarian distributive reason, but so that a handful of psychopaths can get rich. so now what. it's nazis or... *insert alternative here*.

uber_stoat has a new favorite as of 07:12 on Nov 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Communism, if you're asking honestly. cf D&D/C-SPAM.

No wait, apparently everything is neo-something now. Neocommunism.

e: c-spelling

Doc Hawkins has a new favorite as of 07:34 on Nov 19, 2016