Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
Is there a quick summary of the endgame for BDO? Like, what if I'm just playing by myself or what if I join a big guild?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Blinkman987 posted:

Is there a quick summary of the endgame for BDO? Like, what if I'm just playing by myself or what if I join a big guild?

There isn't one. It's the same content all the way - AOE mob grinding. Forever.

If you're dead set on playing BDO for a while find yourself some pubbie guild because the goon ones died off long ago.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
So I'll take this is another mmo ruined by lovely devs, a shame since a friend and I thought this would be a good pvp centered game. :(

J
Jun 10, 2001

BobbyBaudoin posted:

So I'll take this is another mmo ruined by lovely devs, a shame since a friend and I thought this would be a good pvp centered game. :(

I still really enjoy it but I don't give a poo poo about pvp at all, which seems to be the source of a lot of gripes with the game. If you're looking for a pvp game I would look elsewhere.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Just picked this up and going through the sea of info to figure it all out. I'm in the mid 20s level and just past the Heidel quests. I was following the Node guide mentioned in the op and using this:

I connected everything from Velia, back West to Olvia, down to Northern Wheat Plantation and East again to Heidel. Now anything I've gotten or fished in Velia or Heidel gets the 30% rate where I had +100% prior to my connecting things.
Should I not follow that node route and just stick to connecting my questing areas until later in the game?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Depends on where you get the fish from and where you are selling it, that's what needs to be connected. If you are fishing off north of Velia then you need to have your node network going out to the islands, pay attention to the location the minimap says from where you are fishing.

AzureSkys
Apr 27, 2003

Thanks! I'll take a better look at that. Was using the same spot I started out at and sold in Velia, but now it's 30% after making my Node connection run. I think it just works different than I initially thought.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

I liked BDO but it really is an incessant grind. No keeping up with the hardcore players.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Ruggan posted:

I liked BDO but it really is an incessant grind. No keeping up with the hardcore players.

Essentially. This is mainly why I play it casually. The basic gameplay is fun in bursts, but it's really not the kind of game I'm willing to spend hundreds of hours on just to be competitive. I'm fine with just having DUO gear and raking in silver to build other characters.

It's nice to hear that Pearl Abyss will be fixing the pop-in over time. That's definitely one of my larger issues with the game, so far.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

WHO COULD HAVE EVER SEEN THIS COMING

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The next kMMO will be the one thats finally westernized enough to not be an incessant grind to remain competitive. Mark my words, its the next one.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Atleast give me co leader or some poo poo...

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan
You're still in GoonTang? Guild is dead, buddy. Move on to another group.

Luxily
Aug 11, 2012

Turn A posted:

You're still in GoonTang? Guild is dead, buddy. Move on to another group.

I'll never leave!!

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
From the guy that brought you 2000 energy a day..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMW2UAlsnxQ

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Asciana posted:

Thought he was quitting because the game became pay to win.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

They are finally merging all the servers - if you stopped playing because Orwen was terrible, you can try the game out again.

If you stopped playing for any other reason - there is no reason to return.

11/30 is the date the merge will be complete.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

Asciana posted:

Can't tell if dude is serious.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

Asciana posted:

Video is private! :D
What was it?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Been playing a bit again and it's been fun and chill without the typical batch of blowhards that inhabit our mmo threads. Wondering which guild is the largest out of all the servers because probably going to shack up with one of them.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
I've been playing casually and just killing bosses, game's been a lot of fun. I'm on uno and it's been pretty populated as well, talked with a few friendly people. Wizard has disgusting aoe spells and I love it.

Tactical Lesbian
Mar 31, 2012

tastychicken posted:

What was it?

autism

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

That's being nice.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

tastychicken posted:

What was it?

A how to on poopsocking your way to an aneurysm before age 30.

Enkmar posted:

Been playing a bit again and it's been fun and chill without the typical batch of blowhards that inhabit our mmo threads. Wondering which guild is the largest out of all the servers because probably going to shack up with one of them.

Same. Let me know how this goes for you. I need to find a guild soon so I can at least start doing scrolls weekly.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Guilds are limited to 100 players so there's no such thing as a largest guild unless that's changed. (Though some guilds had multiple guilds for their "community" but that always led to discontent and drama and I'm not sure if the amount of players really supports that anymore.)

I still have this thread bookmarked and I love hearing about the game. :allears: I'm surprised it's not actually f2p yet so I guess they're still making money off losers willing to pay $30 to play a f2p game.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Im sure a lot of the games problems would be solved by eliminating the 30 dollar buy in, itd still be weak as poo poo as a game but no worse than any other kmmo f2p game

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

no bones about it posted:

Im sure a lot of the games problems would be solved by eliminating the 30 dollar buy in, itd still be weak as poo poo as a game but no worse than any other kmmo f2p game

When I bought the same earlier this year for 30 I played it almost daily for 3 months. I think I got my 30 bucks worth from it. Had the game been monthly sub or p2w I probably would have never picked it up to start. I stopped playing because I got hooked on Overwatch. BDO is still installed but I'm guessing that if I launched it now I'd have a 10 GB patch waiting for me. Is the game still good to casually run around killing monsters and mining on stones in the forest?

linall
Feb 1, 2007
Hey I haven't played since summer(?). But when I log in the game wants to download a 40gig patch. Has there actually been 40 gigs of information added/modified to the game files in past 3-4 months? That seems crazy.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

linall posted:

Hey I haven't played since summer(?). But when I log in the game wants to download a 40gig patch. Has there actually been 40 gigs of information added/modified to the game files in past 3-4 months? That seems crazy.

Pretty sure when I completely reinstalled the game last week I only pulled down like 12gb (of course now the folder is 40gb)

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

linall posted:

They added a ton of stuff with the ocean update, basically textured the whole ocean floor. Weekly updates were 2-3 gigs for a bit. 40 seems a bit much but I'm not surprised if it's 15+.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Revolver Bunker posted:

Is the game still good to casually run around killing monsters and mining on stones in the forest?

Yeah. That's the best way to play, don't get caught up in the rat race of "falling behind" because you aren't playing with ~maximum efficiency~ all the time.

They've been releasing awakening weapons every 2 weeks for a while now. Awakening weapons being a new type of weapon your class gets at level 56 after doing a short questline, which are generally significantly more powerful than your starting weapon type. Musa/Maehwa are getting theirs next wednesday, then 2 weeks after that it should be ninja/kuno, then 2 weeks after that wizard/witch. All the others are already available.

There is also a thanksgiving event going on right now which includes a large turkey world boss that you beat up.

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

I thought the game was 9.95 now or something and if you gift it you get a polar bear pet. So basically if a friend wants to play and you need a pet you pay the same price as buying one in the cash shop.

But it prevents everyone setting up bots on free accounts.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Protip: Everything in your bank on offservers is just going to get jammed into your main server bank when the merge happens. Feel free to exploit this to great ends; easiest way would be just logging on 3x a day to do the boardgame and grab loyalty

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Hmmm, I'm feeling kind of lost right now after reaching level 50. The exp bar is not moving anymore and I did the quest where you kill possessed Jordine. I was told to head to Helms and get a liverto weapon and my DP to around 90-100, does that sound about right?

Livertos are 9mil but with the gold bar I was given in levelling I have more than enough silver to get one.

J
Jun 10, 2001

BobbyBaudoin posted:

Hmmm, I'm feeling kind of lost right now after reaching level 50. The exp bar is not moving anymore and I did the quest where you kill possessed Jordine. I was told to head to Helms and get a liverto weapon and my DP to around 90-100, does that sound about right?

Livertos are 9mil but with the gold bar I was given in levelling I have more than enough silver to get one.

Exp does slow down after 50, yeah. Although if you did that quest you should still be able to progress past 50. The general weapon progression is Yuria -> Liverto -> Kzarka. But the majority of the cost of a weapon comes from enhancing it, not the initial purchase price of the base weapon. 100 DP at helms may be kind of rough but worth trying. A general theme among most spots in this game is that there will be ranged enemies that have less hp but do a lot of damage. At helms, there are helm hunters who are tiny dudes with crossbows that are easy to miss while they sit there shooting you in the back, so kill them first. You could also give manes hideout a try, they are a bit easier than helms.

This site is a great map in general, but it also has a "levelling areas" checkbox on the left you can select to see where spots are. Take the recommended Ap/DP with a grain of salt, I recommend trying spots out for yourself and seeing how it is even if you don't have enough.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog

J posted:

Exp does slow down after 50, yeah. Although if you did that quest you should still be able to progress past 50. The general weapon progression is Yuria -> Liverto -> Kzarka. But the majority of the cost of a weapon comes from enhancing it, not the initial purchase price of the base weapon. 100 DP at helms may be kind of rough but worth trying. A general theme among most spots in this game is that there will be ranged enemies that have less hp but do a lot of damage. At helms, there are helm hunters who are tiny dudes with crossbows that are easy to miss while they sit there shooting you in the back, so kill them first. You could also give manes hideout a try, they are a bit easier than helms.

This site is a great map in general, but it also has a "levelling areas" checkbox on the left you can select to see where spots are. Take the recommended Ap/DP with a grain of salt, I recommend trying spots out for yourself and seeing how it is even if you don't have enough.

Excellent, thank you! I didn't know of that website at all, this will help a lot.

Pinguliten
Jan 8, 2007
Game is 50% off right now if anyone is interested.
Thinking about if this is worth a try at $5 or not.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
If your PC can run it, $5 is worth it. You'll probably get at least a month out of it before you get grind fatigue.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014
I have started playing this, and i am confused as poo poo. Looks a bit more in depth than WoW.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Schubalts posted:

If your PC can run it, $5 is worth it. You'll probably get at least a month out of it before you get grind fatigue.

is it worth getting the upgraded versions or is the basic fine.