Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

BGrifter posted:

I'm not worried about catching one, I've got a couple 31IV ones waiting in the bank. Wondering when you're able to transfer those.

January.

Top page edit: In case anyone is tempted to use Abra, don't. It literally can't attack until level 21.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just typed my name in Pokemens.

tudabee
Jan 1, 2007

How many times must I remind you to WASH YOUR HANDS?

Guys my Pokédex is sassy I didn't expect this.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I'm disappointed this thread had nearly an entire page discussing the relationship between Ash's mom and Mr. Mime and yet no one made a joke about hover hands.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Let's go, kneecaps!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Where is my free munchlax

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Where is my free munchlax

Save and quit and check for a mystery gift. He's a distribution friend.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also you can catch Munchlax super early

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Zore posted:

Truly this is the best generation.

Toastymcfly
Mar 21, 2008
Me and my rowlet, howlie (play on haole) are the best of friends, even if he is bold natured and probably terrible at actually killing things. Living in Hawaii and having a game based there is so much fun! I love this gen. Ghost gen best gen!

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I love my haunted pokedex
And Rowland, my owl pal.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

turns out all grimer needed was decent stab in a really good type

I love him

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Oh my god, Team Skull is an entire gang of J-Rocs.

We're gonna steal all your pokeymans nawmsaaaayin

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Zore posted:

dont we get one right now anyway from the promotion?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

extra row of teeth posted:

Oh my god, Team Skull is an entire gang of J-Rocs.

We're gonna steal all your pokeymans nawmsaaaayin

Their animations are perfect in every way. I'm dying laughing over here.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
You all better be Wonder Trading some good stuff by Wednesday next week so us Eurotrash can dump our early route rubbish on you.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Hammerite posted:

You all better be Wonder Trading some good stuff by Wednesday next week so us Eurotrash can dump our early route rubbish on you.

I will make sure to trade only the finest Yungoos and Rattata.

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
How do ZCrystals work? If I use it on my dumb guy now can I move it to someone else later or is it used up?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Zore posted:

I will make sure to trade only the finest Yungoos and Rattata.

Joeyster Joey will vet my rodents, so don't worry.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Majik Ninja posted:

How do ZCrystals work? If I use it on my dumb guy now can I move it to someone else later or is it used up?

They're an infinite use hold item. You can move them around as you like.

Only restriction is you can use 1 Z move per battle total.

Nekrews
Sep 14, 2007
Played for an hour and a half and game owns, but if I knew you could get Slowpoke so early I wouldn't have picked Popplio!

The mystery gift Munchlax is never leaving my party. :shobon:

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

dis game owns

Majik Ninja
Jan 16, 2004
When I was at gamestop earlier they said that Nintendo had hosed them and sent 120 sun and 24 moon. They said it was widespread. Did anyone else here about this?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Unfortunate, cause Sun is trash and Moon is clearly the superior version.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Just bought my copy of Sun

Rowlet is strong and kind and she is my friend

e: i named her Pidgey

e2: Nebby best Pokemon all years

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 18, 2016

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I love my emo bird and the look of death he gives me when I pet his hair.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pokemon stars for the switch

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Welcome to scarf.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

holy poo poo you can get acrobatics super early

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

oddium posted:

Post the article why don't ya

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-11-18-nintendo-switch-will-get-pokemon-sun-and-moon-version

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

no !!

Aristide
Sep 2, 2011

Mysterious Cat Country

Question: is it possible to game the day/night system by fiddling with the in-game clock and if so, what's the earliest you can do it? I'm thinking I want a nightime mon but I'm playing sun so everything is so bright and cheery at the moment.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Aristide posted:

Question: is it possible to game the day/night system by fiddling with the in-game clock and if so, what's the earliest you can do it? I'm thinking I want a nightime mon but I'm playing sun so everything is so bright and cheery at the moment.
That variable is set when you open the game for the first time, can modify it later with poo poo like pkhex

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The mystery gift Munchlax becomes a Pokemon you captured and will obey at all levels (not that LV5 is much to worry about) and then the game gives the Snorlaxium.

Aristide posted:

In the postgame, there's a method to change between day and night. The temple Solgaleo and Lunala are captured has a warp portal that opens up with them in the party.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Nov 18, 2016

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Suspicious Cook posted:

Let's go, kneecaps!

Pokemon with cool knees are so neat.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I finished the first island just now and I'm enjoying it for the most part but boy it sucks that enemy trainers seem to have the "one pokemon allowed" rule going on.

I really like the intro animations and how fluid it all is but... please tell me they get more than one pokemon on the upcoming islands.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I really like the intro animations and how fluid it all is but... please tell me they get more than one pokemon on the upcoming islands.

Two is more than one right?

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

I haven't owned a Nintendo home console system since the N64 when I was a kid, but hell if I'm going to miss the opportunity to play a mainline pokemon game on my tv.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dehry posted:

Two is more than one right?

That's depressing. I wonder why GF decided that trainers should be glorified random encounters instead of actual fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The entire trial system is glorified random encounters.

E: Looks like I won the starter lottery and got a female Popplio first try.

E2: Interesting. The Girl trainer has the Cute and Cool options swapped when describing her new Pokemon.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Nov 18, 2016