Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

Tony Montana posted:

It's really not rocket science. Learn something in demand that you don't mind and go and make money. Notice how 'something in demand' comes first in the sentence before 'something you don't mind'. That doesn't mean you need to go and learn how to become an accountant, but if you keep marketability clear in your mind when choosing a profession you should have less chance of ending up disappointed.

Yeah guys, just pull yourselves up by your bootstraps. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

General Morden posted:

Added an Industrial Barbarian Encampment.

???

were there different era barbarian encampments?

No idea, I just bolded it because I thought it sounded cool.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

Tony Montana posted:

Well, I meant eating out the minimum I would pay per head is $60, the price of the game, and that happens reasonably frequently. If you go out for a night of drinking or whatever, spending 200 or 300 isn't particularly unusual. Basically the cost of the game is nothing compared to average entertainment spending, but that only applies if you have average adult entertainment spending and if you're eating ramen in a dorm then sure game out your 10% discount or whatever.

Here is the patch. HERE IS THE PATCH. ITS HERE

See above comments about how it's already good and HERE IS A PATCH

Seriously, where the gently caress you live? I can easily be satisfied with a $10 meal, and almost never see anything over $30 with a few special exceptions. I don't travel much, but I've only consistently seen prices like that in crowded places like Rio or Boston. I've also seen the accompanying level of service, but drat. Here if you want to order Peking duck for two, it's $37.

Back on topic, I'm happy to see the fix on capturing wonders. I hope it coincidentally fixed the issues Egypt had with Sphinx next to conquered wonders. If I actually finish a game with Egypt or Greece, I may actually not regret my purchase and try another nation, especially with the other improvements making it less of a hassle to settle in.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Patch notes didn't tell me about AMD GAMING EVOLVED

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Have kids and sell them for gold.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

Decrepus posted:

Have kids and sell them for gold.

This isn't the CK2 thread.

DEO3
Oct 25, 2005
Wow, that's actually a really solid patch, especially considering its only been three weeks, and this is Firaxis we're talking about here. I'm curious to see whether the tweaks to diplomacy actually have a noticeable affect or not.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Krazyface posted:

No idea, I just bolded it because I thought it sounded cool.

I feel like a palisade around huts works in every era other than the modern.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender
Liking most of the tweaks in the new patch (UI-wise; I'm a carebear who doesn't really care how dumb the AI is half the time).

However, it seems to have introduced some graphical glitches, my terrain is flickering on and off intermittently. Anyone else getting this and know of a workaround?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

General Morden posted:

???

I'm guessing you get like 40 hammers to whatever project you're working on in the nearest city? Maybe a free worker?

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

General Morden posted:

???

nah, and i think that's exactly what they changed. once you get into the industrial era, barbarians aren't still in hastily-made wooden palisades and are in something more appropriate (since i guess once you're in industrial, barbarians would be more like insurgents or rebels in areas you militarily protect but don't actually have in your territory, like i'd imagine in, say, canada or russia functionally). i do wonder what they went with though!

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
... I can see border growth? :aaa:

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Non-stacking Observation Balloons is the change I'm saddest about. Goodbye, 5-range Bombards, your over-the-horizon strikes on enemy cities while still on the site of the latest conquered city will be sorely missed.

To be fair 3-range Bombards/Artillery is what I was expecting to get and won't be so bad.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

The Human Crouton posted:

Wow. Only three weeks for a Firaxis patch. Gives me hope. Now to try it out as soon as it updates me.

Honestly, this makes the cynic in me think "So they did release a not quite finished version of the game". :v:

But hey, better sooner than later.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
Are they actually going to make me fix the top edge scroll poo poo myself?

Sigh... where did I put that link...

Ogdred Weary
Jul 1, 2007

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs
In the patch, but not the patch notes: Press 'y' to toggle yield display.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Tony Montana posted:

Well, I meant eating out the minimum I would pay per head is $60, the price of the game, and that happens reasonably frequently. If you go out for a night of drinking or whatever, spending 200 or 300 isn't particularly unusual. Basically the cost of the game is nothing compared to average entertainment spending, but that only applies if you have average adult entertainment spending and if you're eating ramen in a dorm then sure game out your 10% discount or whatever.

lol I can seriously eat for two weeks with that (and I often do)

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
All sniping about the price of food and booze aside, does this patch add the Sentry command back into the game and cut down on the massively intrusive red warnings about amenities and housing you probably can't do anything about?

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

LonsomeSon posted:

Non-stacking Observation Balloons is the change I'm saddest about. Goodbye, 5-range Bombards, your over-the-horizon strikes on enemy cities while still on the site of the latest conquered city will be sorely missed.

To be fair 3-range Bombards/Artillery is what I was expecting to get and won't be so bad.
Made it so artillery linked with balloons don't get the range bonus. Siege units have to be adjacent to the balloon when the turn starts to get the bonus.

I hope they actually fixed that AI gold bullshit. Nothing like peacing out with an AI for all the GPT they have and then they magically have 40 more GPT without even leaving the diplomacy menu.

Ouch. :(

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

jBrereton posted:

All sniping about the price of food and booze aside, does this patch add the Sentry command back into the game and cut down on the massively intrusive red warnings about amenities and housing you probably can't do anything about?

Why don't you read the patch notes and find out

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Has the retarded civ6 AI started to affect our forum posters?

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I said this earlier in the thread but I think the gold for deletion was left in by accident. There's no notification about it anywhere in the game at all.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I feel like a palisade around huts works in every era other than the modern.

Maybe in the modern era the palisade changes to a chain link fence with a sign that says "Property Protected By Smith & Wesson"

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Decrepus posted:

Has the retarded civ6 AI started to affect our forum posters?

*Trajan wants 40gpt for sugar*

"Asking a bit much, aren't you?"

"ER ACTUALLY THIS IS THE GOING RATE FOR BAGS OF SUGAR IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS, MAYBE GET A BETTER JOB IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LICK SLIME OUT OF A GUTTER"

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

*Trajan wants 40gpt for sugar*

"Asking a bit much, aren't you?"

"ER ACTUALLY THIS IS THE GOING RATE FOR BAGS OF SUGAR IN MY NECK OF THE WOODS, MAYBE GET A BETTER JOB IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LICK SLIME OUT OF A GUTTER"

I love it when Trajan tells me I'm doing a good job. "Optime" (or some word like that) :3:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

prefect posted:

I love it when Trajan tells me I'm doing a good job. "Optime" (or some word like that) :3:

Does he do a little Italian chef's finger kiss?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Does he do a little Italian chef's finger kiss?

That would make it even better, but alas, no such luck.

Thing I learned yesterday: holy cow do the Brazilians love their rainforests. I've never seen adjacency bonuses like this. :monocle:

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Taear posted:

I said this earlier in the thread but I think the gold for deletion was left in by accident. There's no notification about it anywhere in the game at all.
Kind of unforgiving in situations where your economy tanks causing you to lose a unit every turn even if it's just -11 GPT. Running out of gold also adds a 2 amenity penalty to every city. The penalties for overfilled housing or just negative amenities aren't some self-fueling failure cascade like negative gold is. I hope they bring back gold for disbanding or change the negative gold mechanics.

Say early Gorgo declares a forever-war on you, you are spamming military units trying to finish her off for good before your cities revolt from war weariness, and then a trade route gets pillaged and you drop into negative GPT. Now you have cities revolting and lose a unit every turn. If you can't disband for flat gold to temporarily stop the revolts and unit losses that's gonna be a game over.

Tony Montana
Aug 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
So anyone played through enough of a game to tell us if the AI is much better?

As for the 'I can eat out on 200 bucks for two weeks' or whatever, ok fine you win the race to the bottom. I don't think this is the crowd to discuss such things. Lets keep it to the computer game in question.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Sanctum posted:

Kind of unforgiving in situations where your economy tanks causing you to lose a unit every turn even if it's just -11 GPT. Running out of gold also adds a 2 amenity penalty to every city. The penalties for overfilled housing or just negative amenities aren't some self-fueling failure cascade like negative gold is. I hope they bring back gold for disbanding or change the negative gold mechanics.

Say early Gorgo declares a forever-war on you, you are spamming military units trying to finish her off for good before your cities revolt from war weariness, and then a trade route gets pillaged and you drop into negative GPT. Now you have cities revolting and lose a unit every turn. If you can't disband for flat gold to temporarily stop the revolts and unit losses that's gonna be a game over.

This is a good feature and should not be changed. War is hell, man. This can also be done to your opponent.

Also, buy groceries instead of eating out every night.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

John F Bennett posted:

Also, buy groceries instead of eating out every night.

I'll add this to the OP as a top tip.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Anyone else getting a lot more crashes since the patch?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Piell posted:

Anyone else getting a lot more crashes since the patch?

I haven't gotten the patch yet (stupid job getting in the way), but if I play the game for too long, it will refuse to actually exit, and I have to kill the process in the task manager. Has anybody else seen this?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

prefect posted:

I haven't gotten the patch yet (stupid job getting in the way), but if I play the game for too long, it will refuse to actually exit, and I have to kill the process in the task manager. Has anybody else seen this?

Yep, happens to me too. Just glad it doesn't hard lock.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Glad to see a patch so soon, gonna give it a spin tonight. Was hoping for some more leader DLC sooner though.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

prefect posted:

Yes, same thing here.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
Still no production queue. Think I'll wait until the next patch. :sigh:

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

There's a mod that adds one.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Patch looks awesome. Some big quality of life fixes (seeing which tile is going to be converted next thank god) and if the AI balance reduces their hatred for you then hooray game becomes even better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Tom Tucker posted:

if the AI balance reduces their hatred for you

if

I gave the new patch a go and was at war with all four civs I met before Medieval. I didn't even piss them off by settling too close - Tokimune and Saladin were my closest neighbours and both sent me admiring messages, but were quite happy to join joint wars against me.

They then proceeded to hardly prosecute their wars at all, I lost a scouting archer who was badly positioned, and then all I saw from them was a lone swordsman and a spearman. It's a shame, since I was planning to make this my "peacefully win a religious victory" game, but so it goes.