Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleMoose
Jun 16, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

Please quit being a human being(since you'll get offended, the kind Louis CK talks about).

I am actually super awesome at being a human being. :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
You can't take away peoples right to be assholes, dude. While I understand where you are coming from, I highly doubt Lowtax using a turn of phrase meant it as "kill all fags".

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

someone awful. posted:

I thought the "dead gay x" meme was a reference to the movie Heathers

Whether it's actually homophobic or not could be debated, I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMroWnWIqs0

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Holyshoot posted:

Please quit being a human being(since you'll get offended, the kind Louis CK talks about).

what the gently caress is wrong with you

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Do people report their own posts?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Alexeythegreat posted:

Do people report their own posts?

Ocasionally. Sometimes they want to let us know they've failed a toxx, or they want to change a thread title, or just be probated because they realise they've done something silly.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I've seen a few asking for thread title changes.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

VideoGames posted:

Ocasionally. Sometimes they want to let us know they've failed a toxx, or they want to change a thread title, or just be probated because they realise they've done something silly.

How do the mods actually keep up on toxxes? I assume the emoticon doesn't flag you in some database.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

vintagepurple posted:

How do the mods actually keep up on toxxes? I assume the emoticon doesn't flag you in some database.

Unless it's a toxx thread it's done via community enforcement. Typically someone will report the toxx post and mention they failed it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mr. Nice! posted:

Unless it's a toxx thread it's done via community enforcement. Typically someone will report the toxx post and mention they failed it.

I didn't get my loving tower. Report it.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

zen death robot posted:

Im going to decline this guys tower request

gently caress!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How often do people PM big whiny walls of text about 6 hour probations?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Is there going to be any long-term fallout from Toxxgate in CSPAM? How much communication was there behind the scenes about that after people started getting really angry?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

zen death robot posted:

No one really seems to care as far as I can tell aside from people who crave forums drama

I mean, I don't crave it, but it was incredibly entertaining (and a bit sad) to read.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Not as often as they used to, but more often than for any other probation length.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Big Toxxing Scandal Rocks The Forums!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

Every loving time if they have the ability to send PM's. 6 hours are the most likely to set off meltdowns.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
How bad would you guys consider Toxxgate to be in the line of SA scandals?

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Skoll posted:

How bad would you guys consider Toxxgate to be in the line of SA scandals?

on the scale of peanuts to watermelons, I think Toxxgate is a chocolate-covered raisin.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Looking at it from the outside, I'd say it's about 0.05 Aa.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

frankenfreak posted:

Looking at it from the outside, I'd say it's about 0.05 Aa.

While the :aatrek: poo poo was horrible, all the Star Trek related puns that resulted were loving gold.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

What's Toxxgate and is it interesting enough to follow?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Every loving time if they have the ability to send PM's. 6 hours are the most likely to set off meltdowns.

this is ridiculous. also hilarious. i hope awful posters continue to have meltdowns over the most inconsequential of probations. if there are any particularly hilarious ones, would anyone on the mod team be willing to share them? in sort of the style of the "stop reporting stupid poo poo" thread, but now "stop losing it over stupid poo poo"?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Puppy Time posted:

People Toxxed that Trump wouldn't win.
He did.
D&D mod (I think?) offered to make toxxes go away for a donation to a charity.
Lowtax stepped in and reminded everyone that a Toxx is a Toxx.
Tears.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Blind Sally posted:

this is ridiculous. also hilarious. i hope awful posters continue to have meltdowns over the most inconsequential of probations. if there are any particularly hilarious ones, would anyone on the mod team be willing to share them? in sort of the style of the "stop reporting stupid poo poo" thread, but now "stop losing it over stupid poo poo"?

I adjusted my angry poo poo posting after my month ban. Now I try to make sure that it is at least semi constructive.

Thanks, Buy Owner!

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Puppy Time posted:

TTerrible posted:

People Toxxed that Trump wouldn't win.
He did.
D&D mod (I think?) offered to make toxxes go away for a donation to a charity.
Lowtax stepped in and reminded everyone that a Toxx is a Toxx.
Tears.

There was rather a lot more salt to it than this - Ask Romney, McCain, or Bernie toxxers, or even the Hillary toxxers in the gun forum. IMO the QCS thread is worth at least skimming.

Permatoxxes are pretty dumb in principle, fyi.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The issue was, after the pussygrabbing tape came out people were given a chance to rescind their Trump toxx before the election in exchange for a 30 day probation. They were going to extend the same option post election to Clinton voters, but Lowtax chose to honor tradition instead.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

MANime in the sheets posted:

There was rather a lot more salt to it than this - Ask Romney, McCain, or Bernie toxxers, or even the Hillary toxxers in the gun forum. IMO the QCS thread is worth at least skimming.

Permatoxxes are pretty dumb in principle, fyi.

Oh yeah, I forgot about all that. Something about cross referencing the donations/toxxes taking more time than just banning people as well. It was covered a few pages back.

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Can I have a 6 hour probation just because? Preferably with a unique Punishment Reason.

edit: How hard would it be to add in some code that keeps the Report button from working on older posts? If it's something bad enough, they can just PM you anyways.

Eh! Frank fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Nov 21, 2016

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Mr. Nice! posted:

The issue was, after the pussygrabbing tape came out people were given a chance to rescind their Trump toxx before the election in exchange for a 30 day probation. They were going to extend the same option post election to Clinton voters, but Lowtax chose to honor tradition instead.

AFTER all the toxxes were upgraded to permatoxxes on a whim.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lmfao the Toxxing Scandal oh nooooooo can't believe the integrity of the toxxing system has been called into question

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

p. hosed up what happened with the toxxes lmao, very serious forums porbelm

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Hey I got a great amount of pleasure reading that thread, any system that creates that level of angst gets a thumbs up from me.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
mocks on toxx on fox or vox

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

mocks on toxx on fox or vox

aw.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmfao the Toxxing Scandal oh nooooooo can't believe the integrity of the toxxing system has been called into question

QCS is leaking :(.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Sun Wu Kampf posted:

For what it's worth, the number of mutually understanding back-and-forths I've had as a result of minor probations is higher than the number of verbally abusive PMs I've gotten for probations of any length. I might just be lucky, though. :shobon:

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I was a total dick to Smythe and he was very cordial in his response to me so I super appreciate the mod & admin staff around here. :3:

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

JordanKai posted:

For what it's worth, the number of mutually understanding back-and-forths I've had as a result of minor probations is higher than the number of verbally abusive PMs I've gotten for probations of any length. I might just be lucky, though. :shobon:

:ocelot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

When did posting memes outside of the PYF thread become a non-thing? Like I've noticed people posting them without getting probated, I just didn't notice that I noticed until a few pages back here.

• Locked thread