Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

rose queen is just for a meme deck right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

I both love whoever made the elite practice dudes taunt you like poo poo whenever they're threatening to kill you. Luna was so happy to take me on an adventure with her mordecai urd combo until she got silver bolted in the face for her last 9 hp

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i was about to win a match, got a "connection unstable" message for about 3 minutes and then auto-conceded. now matchmaking is timing out.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Awesome! posted:

rose queen is just for a meme deck right?

It's used as a one of in some combo Forest decks as just an extra win condition, actually. I'd keep one around just in case.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Yeah, Rose Queen is worth keeping one of juuuust in case. The times she salvages a win are worth the ones she sits in your hand as a dead card, imho.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, what are the worst legendaries in the game? That dude on haven that's "Garuda, but shittier" is the one that jumps to me.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Beast Dominator looks like total garbage, I'll say that. On paper, a 5 PP 6/6 looks good but if you're not in vengeance it becomes a 4/6 that damages yourself. At least Soul Dealer has ward.

Jeanne D'Arc and Gandalf aren't terrible cards but they're control cards in a class that doesn't really run control or have cheaper more effective cards (Hello Elana!).

I've lost games to Mythril Golem. Dropped down a Death's Breath with lethal next turn, only to have them lasered for 9 damage followed by double zero pp Dshift.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

So, what are the worst legendaries in the game? That dude on haven that's "Garuda, but shittier" is the one that jumps to me.

Skullfane, Rune Legendaries that aren't Merlin, and Soul Dealer come to mind.

Pluto also looks pretty mad mediocre outside of take two, and dragonsong flute :lol:.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Zoness posted:

Pluto also looks pretty mad mediocre outside of take two, and dragonsong flute :lol:.

At least you can kinda meme with Dragonsong Flute. I'm with Ephraim in that the worst legendary is probably Beast Dominator.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I've started playing this game. It's fun. I have no idea what half the words in this thread mean.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zoness posted:

Dragonsong seems so much fun though!

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Should I dust my animated pluto? I dunno if they ever buff cards but it seems unplayable right now.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dzhay posted:

I've started playing this game. It's fun. I have no idea what half the words in this thread mean.

Elana = gently caress you!

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Mr. Whale posted:

Should I dust my animated pluto? I dunno if they ever buff cards but it seems unplayable right now.

I'm not sure if they directly buff cards, but the metagame will almost certainly shift with the release of a new expansion, which I believe will hit by the end of the year.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i would not be surprised to see altered fate be changed to banish cards from your hand instead of discard them

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Do you think PTP is that oppressive, or is it a longer term design-space concern you have?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I don't think PTP is particularly oppressive but I don't think the fairy maker-altered fate interaction needs such a strong payoff and altered fate doesn't need to also generate shadows to function as a draw combo with fairy makers.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

I played against some dragon control deck that used some amulet that says whenever you discard, draw a card, to get value off things like Dragonewt Scholar but also draw All The Cards in the World off Altered Fate and it was loving awesome. Unfortunately the cards he actually ran didn't seem to be worth the trouble of drawing a ton of them. I'd love to see that become a big deal in a deck at some point.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
If they wanted to push Discard Dragon I think I'd rather see its enablers be kept in class rather than as neutral.

I think PTP puts a real limit to how far they can push interesting interactions in forest because Tempo and PTP forest share so much that a hybrid deck is possible, but they could also get rid of it by making fairies banish instead of die I guess.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Zoness posted:

If they wanted to push Discard Dragon I think I'd rather see its enablers be kept in class rather than as neutral.

I think PTP puts a real limit to how far they can push interesting interactions in forest because Tempo and PTP forest share so much that a hybrid deck is possible, but they could also get rid of it by making fairies banish instead of die I guess.

Just make it so that unplayed tokens do not generate a shadow.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

I just want some cheaper way of banishing amulets besides Odin.

Atltais
May 21, 2004
And there was much rejoicing.

Lord Ephraim posted:

I just want some cheaper way of banishing amulets besides Odin.

Execution?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Atltais posted:

Execution?

I do not recommend using Execution on any Seraph amulet.

nor any haven amulet with a last word, really.

Zoness fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 18, 2016

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

There's a lot of cards that can destroy amulets but only two that can banish, I think. The cheaper option (Petrifification) is only limited to one class. The other is Odin which is not really optimal to carry more than one of them in any control deck and still a legendary card.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Zoness posted:

I do not recommend using Execution on any Seraph amulet.

nor any haven amulet with a last word, really.

yeah I learned that the hard way

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

It'd be hard to design cheap amulet banishing that doesn't just ruin Haven though. I bet we end up seeing a lot of weird conditional things like Banish an amulet if you have Overflow, or Banish an amulet that costs 4 or more -- Things that give counterplay without adding stuff even more dick-kicking than Kaleidoscope Glow on your Beastcaller with 1 turn left.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
let's be honest, there isn't really a control deck that's in a good place right now anyway, unless PTP is considered control.

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

Zoness posted:

let's be honest, there isn't really a control deck that's in a good place right now anyway, unless PTP is considered control.

Control Sword and Elana Haven are both in good places right now, with Control Shadow being on the verge of good.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I'll concede Elana Haven but I don't think control sword is overall better than midrange sword. I feel like Midrange sword can also play a long endgame but has more options for pressuring Dshift.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Instead of banishing amulets, I'd like to see cards that increase the countdown. Shadow and Blood could probably run those for their own amulets even without Haven around.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Jesus christ gently caress ambush in arena. gently caress it so hard.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

last night i learned that the robin hood ping damage comes before the attack lol. that was a funny turn. good thing i was only playing the elite forest ai for the gold.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lol at my all bronze and silver (plus surprise Tsubaki) banner deck annihilating C rank

I am starting to get the feel about how to play against different decks.

Onwards to B!

Of my last 6 fights, Three of them rage-quitted.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Conceding a game isn't usually rage-quitting.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
once I was playing Haven in unranked and someone conceded on the first turn

I was like yeah buddy, I know that feeling

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Conceding a game isn't usually rage-quitting.

I mean when they turn off the phone or whatever and I have to wait for the disconnect. It usually happens after Tsubaki fucks their *big* wards or other huge assholes (and laughs at them while concealed)

One happened when we were in round seven or so, I was down to zero cards and I drew conscription into double storm cards.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Nov 19, 2016

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

I mean when they turn off the phone or whatever and I have to wait for the disconnect. It usually happens after Tsubaki fucks their *big* wards or other huge assholes (and laughs at them while concealed)

One happened when we were in round seven or so, I was down to zero cards and I drew conscription into double storm cards.

I usually get this when i bounce and replay tia

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

trucutru posted:

I don't personally do that but if any card deserves it, it's Fun And Interactive Card Tsubaki.

Drakes
Jul 18, 2007

Why my bullets no hit?

Tamba posted:

Instead of banishing amulets, I'd like to see cards that increase the countdown. Shadow and Blood could probably run those for their own amulets even without Haven around.

Thats way too specific to be of any practical use sadly unless they were tied to a minion with decent stats.

But god drat does Elana's make me salty, if they can line up some summon amulet then drop a heal or two on countdown I generally find myself game over there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

Zoness posted:

I have two Shadow decks: one is aggro oriented the other is control. I win way more with aggro. The control deck is about 50% more expensive on vials. I feel like if I make it to lategame with Lord of the Flies, Mordecai, or hell Deathly Tyrant, the other player is playing a control deck too. Except they have Odin and Olivia. At least with the aggro deck I can end the game by turn 6 with Phantom Howl + Cerberus.

When your first three cards are banners, and your opponent doesn't draw a single one.

• Locked thread