Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

stump collector posted:

I had a guy tilt at me because I healed as soon as we got ganked and he didn't see it the cast. Even though it was obviously on cool down he wouldn't believe me.

I've had so many random ADCs rage at me because they'll come out of a fight with really low health and some form of DOT ticking down on them, I'll have used my Sona W on them DURING THE FIGHT, and they'll die because of the DOT. They immediately go into chat and start bitching about "JESUS SONA WHY DIDN'T YOU USE YOUR W" and it's like look man, i have three loving abilities right now. What do you think is more likely? I used it earlier, and it was on cooldown? Or I just loving forgot the third of my kit that would have saved your life?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Twitch and Vayne are doing well because they have a two item spike but still scale into the late game.

Vayne is also good because she is a notorious tank killer and tanks are everywhere.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

RC Cola posted:

Someone tell me about our sweet new champ

She has blades for legs and arms and sweet grappling hooks, is also a robot

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Also at a time when the support playerbase is at an all time low riot has decided that to fix this issue the will include more free supports in the free champ rotation and also they're gonna release a mid lane assassin

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i feel like a lot of people that play this game genuinely thing their team is out to make them lose, so it makes sense that they would also assume you purposefully didn't heal them or watever

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

i feel like the twitch change to camo didn't really affect him at all except when he was probably already dead anyways

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Radical posted:

i feel like a lot of people that play this game genuinely thing their team is out to make them lose, so it makes sense that they would also assume you purposefully didn't heal them or watever

Sometimes, truthfully, I just don't.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah that being said if im playing adc and the support does something stupid i usually dont heal and instead watch them die

its probably for the best i dont play adc much

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
if i want to be maximum rear end in a top hat maokai

what do i need to build

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Sperglord Firecock posted:

if i want to be maximum rear end in a top hat maokai

what do i need to build

tank items, ROA if you're feeling spicy

Cis Lord
Nov 14, 2016

Radical posted:

It's completely true. No one wants to win. Everyone wants to carry. Unfortunately, they're not the same thing, and shockingly it's easier to win if you try to win.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They want to nerf Vayne because Assassins, Colossus, and Tanks exist, and pink wards don't. I mean, it's easier, but Vayne isn't the problem.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I'm currently on a loss streak atm in Flex ranked despite I think being in Diamond MMR and playing support to the best of my ability, but the enemy team's Shaco or whatever won't stop destroying my idiot solo laners and then I keep getting salt-pinged by my team as "Janna - Alive" over and over when they die just because I'm not suicide tilt-feeding like an idiot.

Hopefully my fortune turns around and I can start getting teams that actually care about winning the game instead of blaming their support for playing like a support.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Then don't play support. Play something that carries and don't fall victim to that Shaco like your braindead teammates of yore.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

did you ping your heal and the guy was like "NO!!!" because that actually did happen to me once, it was pretty good

that's exactly what happened

"no"
"you didn't use it"

listen you dumb gently caress i'll have it back in 3 and a half minutes and i won't be using it to save you next time

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Teikanmi posted:

Then don't play support. Play something that carries and don't fall victim to that Shaco like your braindead teammates of yore.

Supports do carry, even if I was mid or whatever it wouldn't stop Top Yasuo from rushing PD/chain vest/Bork into E max armor stacking Nasus.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

How Rude posted:

hopefully my fortune turns around

miss fortune
miss fortune
miss fortune

you're cured

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Sexpansion posted:

tank items, ROA if you're feeling spicy

runes?

i already am doing colossus obv

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

How Rude posted:

Supports do carry, even if I was mid or whatever it wouldn't stop Top Yasuo from rushing PD/chain vest/Bork into E max armor stacking Nasus.

Supports carry but they do it way, way less frequently and usually only as a means to make the carries be just that, especially if you pick passive stuff like Janna or Soraka

You want something done you gotta do it yourself

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Sperglord Firecock posted:

runes?

i already am doing colossus obv

Attack speed or armor reds, health per level yellows, MR blues, armor/ap quints

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
1. Supports Carry
2. Teamwork is OP
3. Summoners who blame their teammates lose 26% more games
4. Phreak did NOT get bodied in lane by Tyler1.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Duskblade Vayne is pretty fun if you can get away with it

Rengar hasn't been too huge of an issue from what I've seen; basically the same except scarier if you try to stand still 1v1ing him, hus ult is both fairer and more annoying now; you can tell when he's nearby, but it lasts so long that a lot of the time you're just getting false positives from him strutting around with it on all the time.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Tyler1 dressed up as bob ross and painted for the first time for halloween, he is an inspiration to us all

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Neurolimal posted:

Tyler1 dressed up as bob ross and painted for the first time for halloween, he is an inspiration to us all

t1 is p funny yo, but hes still a shitlord

speaking of, anyone wanna buddy up and play games later? im a really nice guy :)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah my experiences with fed rengars was that he had a lot of trouble really converting in the midgame into any kind of carry potential the same way shaco usually does in teamfights (he goes in and at best gets a 1 for 1 for someone worth a whole lot less gold than he is)

i have no idea how his ferocity charges now so i dont know if he can instacleanse after his ult but i think that would be pretty necessary to ever actually live now that you can't cast all your spells in mid-air. ive seen a lot of people say a more bruiser-ish build is stronger but ive never seen someone do it.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*

Radical posted:

yeah my experiences with fed rengars was that he had a lot of trouble really converting in the midgame into any kind of carry potential the same way shaco usually does in teamfights (he goes in and at best gets a 1 for 1 for someone worth a whole lot less gold than he is)

i have no idea how his ferocity charges now so i dont know if he can instacleanse after his ult but i think that would be pretty necessary to ever actually live now that you can't cast all your spells in mid-air. ive seen a lot of people say a more bruiser-ish build is stronger but ive never seen someone do it.

in my experience, the bruiserish build is much better in plat+ games. The item path, as I understand it, is as follows: cleaver -> sunfire -> resistance item of choice -> deadmans plate -> if winning: DPS, if losing: more tank stats -> Guardian Angel

Played against it toplane a few games last night, it's brutal and really not fun to play against as anything squishy. Even tankier champs have a problem with him.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
So looks like SilverSquid chat channel is pretty barren. Are we somewhere else now?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Teikanmi posted:

Then your botlane dies because the Doran's Ring Sona walks in front of the minion wave, right into the blitzcrank hook.

It's lose-lose either way.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Etrips posted:

So looks like SilverSquid chat channel is pretty barren. Are we somewhere else now?

No riot forgot to add chat channels to the new client so rip

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Luna Was Here posted:

No riot forgot to add chat channels to the new client so rip

Oh people are still using that piece of turd?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
supports can carry but only around/past mid-game/when you roam because you really can't do anything if your sololaner decides to feed their rear end

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

be the smite support Singed you want to see in the world

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Etrips posted:

Oh people are still using that piece of turd?

Soon you will have to as well

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
actually since every jungle camp give an heal now, why don't mid laners run with smite so they can slap raptors for a free heal? I mean it's terrible and exhaust/heal/flash/ghost is way better but I'm surprised no one is trying it.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Luna Was Here posted:

Soon you will have to as well

Soon, but not now. You can still use the legacy client.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I must use Adobe Air but I have no RAM

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

stump collector posted:

miss fortune
miss fortune
miss fortune

you're cured

Thank you god bless goodnight I came

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
So is a root confirmed hard cc because I kinda want to play tank karma top with hard cc-shield.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Tired Moritz posted:

So is a root confirmed hard cc because I kinda want to play tank karma top with hard cc-shield.

fatter karma?!/1

A root is hard CC, which makes Naut super-good. I don't know if this will make it to 6.23.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Tired Moritz posted:

It is, unless I've been imagining those shields on Ivern too

• Locked thread