Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Doctor Butts posted:

Country goes to poo poo the second Democratic voters stop participating in elections.

What a surprise: the non-racist, non-regressive, pro-gay party were the only thing keeping us from ruin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The military voted overwhelmingly for Trump so I'm not sure why I should feel any worse for them if a war starts than I feel for union workers in Missouri that just voted in a guy running in a right to freeload platform.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Covok posted:

What a surprise: the non-racist, non-regressive, pro-gay party were the only thing keeping us from ruin.

But... But BOTH PARTIES ARE THE SAME.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Covok posted:

Both parties are the same.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Covok posted:

But, but both of them are bad choices and you're voting for the lesser evil! I'm writing in Bernie!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Xae posted:

But... But BOTH PARTIES ARE THE SAME.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Both parties are the same.

This is amazing and perfect and everything wrong with America.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Finally we get to see if either/both/neither side of the accelerationist argument is correct.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

rear end parties are the poop and I can't tell the difference between good and bad because I have white privilege tickling my prostate.

Taerkar posted:

Finally we get to see if either/both/neither side of the accelerationist argument is correct.

:getin:

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

Covok posted:

This is amazing and perfect and everything wrong with America.

This from the dude saying all non white males would be dead in 10 years lmao

Covok
May 27, 2013

Tatsuta Age posted:

This from the dude saying all non white males would be dead in 10 years lmao

I meant the "ironic 'both parties are the same' followed by the unironic 'both parties are the same.'"

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

zegermans posted:

The military voted overwhelmingly for Trump so I'm not sure why I should feel any worse for them if a war starts than I feel for union workers in Missouri that just voted in a guy running in a right to freeload platform.

Because there's a lot of people who didn't vote for Trump in the military, that the military is a place that war is an actual possibility, and that war is not great - you loving idiot.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
You feel sorry for a guy who loses his house to a conman. You feel sorry for a military man who dies because he believed Trump when he said that he wouldn't have voted for the Iraq war and Hillary is sure to declare war on Russia.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Crowsbeak posted:

I just wish the warmongers would go get themselves killed.

But, who will rule over the ashes? They can't let themselves get hurt, that's what poor people are for!

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Tim Ryan was on Rachel Maddow last night talking about running for House Minority Leader.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/rep-tim-ryan-challenges-nancy-pelosi-for-house-democratic-leader-812023363730

Those clips of him in Congress sound.....pretty good. And he gives a pretty good answer to his abortion stance. I know many people are dismissing him, but he gets it in a way that Nancy Pelosi (or anyone not from the midwest) doesn't. I think it can be argued that maybe that's not what we need out of a Minority Leader, but its certainly worth a discussion.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Boon posted:

Because there's a lot of people who didn't vote for Trump in the military, that the military is a place that war is an actual possibility, and that war is not great - you loving idiot.

Well, then why did they vote for Trump if they didn't want to fight in another war? I mean, I know most enlisted and even officers have drank the Konservative Koolaid, but they saw no problem with him being their commander in chief?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

Doctor Butts posted:

Country goes to poo poo the second Democratic voters stop participating in elections.

You've correctly read how this election went.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
While the "Both sides are the same" argument is obviously very wrong there is a big risk the Democrats will rest on their laurels warm and cozy in the knowledge America will realise its mistake and come back to them. Then they lose House seats in the midterms and lose everything again in 2020. Yes the Dems are better than the GOP policy wise but they clearly aren't good enough organisationally given how they now hold neither congress nor the presidency and hold so few Governorships.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Taerkar posted:

Accelerationism has already been validated on the largest scale possible with the election of Trump, what we see from here is not whether accelerationism is correct (it is), but whether the american citizenry is capable of becoming the country it was pretending it was

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Taerkar posted:

Accelerationism is stupid not because things never get worse before they get better but because things getting worse is never a good thing, even if they eventually get better. It's like people saying "we'll get through this". Well, in fact, some of us won't.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
You're very wrong, people were going to die on nov 7, and people were going to die on nov 9, but now there is a chance that death, while certain, is not also fruitless

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Kilroy posted:

Accelerationism is stupid not because things never get worse before they get better but because things getting worse is never a good thing, even if they eventually get better. It's like people saying "we'll get through this". Well, in fact, some of us won't.

Yes but the person saying that is usually a comfortable white person, so when they say we they mean me.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Covok posted:

I meant the "ironic 'both parties are the same' followed by the unironic 'both parties are the same.'"

They were both ironic.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Covok posted:

To be fair, the Democrats have plenty of that. They just have some attachment to reality outside of the growing right wing monster. That's pretty soon to change if the media remains toothless enough to allow Drudge, Infowars, and Brietbart full justification like they have their miserable mascot this past year.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

fits my needs posted:

Well, then why did they vote for Trump if they didn't want to fight in another war? I mean, I know most enlisted and even officers have drank the Konservative Koolaid, but they saw no problem with him being their commander in chief?

Trump swore up and down that he was against pointless Middle Eastern wars and Clinton was a warmonger.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

fits my needs posted:

You might as well ask why the US voted for Trump if they didn't want another war. It means the same thing. Also, your narratives are all hosed up and based on your general posting, I wonder how close you actually paid attention to anything at all outside of Bernie/Clinton. I also love how you just generalize all military as one homogeneous group.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Really if you don't own a gun and are very worried about Trump's brown shirts (or maybe we should call em red hats) and other bullshit attacking you while you go about your daily business, now is the perfect time to get armed.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy

fits my needs posted:

Source your quotes

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Boon posted:

You might as well ask why the US voted for Trump if they didn't want another war. It means the same thing. Also, your narratives are all hosed up and based on your general posting, I wonder how close you actually paid attention to anything at all outside of Bernie/Clinton. I also love how you just generalize all military as one homogeneous group.

Have you ever been to Goons in Platoons?

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy
Incrementalism is not a solution to the violence and hatred I will face in my lifetime, it makes no difference to me if I am murdered by the KKK at 33 or 43, I will be a statistic victim of a hosed system either way. Of course I hope the whole thing burns. Why wouldn't I? The accelerationist party is the only party of hope, the only true vanguard of change. Everything else is "let's see if we can find a way to allow you to survive, as long as it doesn't inconvenience cis white men too much." gently caress that. gently caress you. Hail Satan.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

BarbarianElephant posted:

Trump swore up and down that he was against pointless Middle Eastern wars and Clinton was a warmonger.

People still haven't learned that Trump imputes his flaws to everyone, anyone else.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Mahoning posted:

Tim Ryan was on Rachel Maddow last night talking about running for House Minority Leader.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/rep-tim-ryan-challenges-nancy-pelosi-for-house-democratic-leader-812023363730

Those clips of him in Congress sound.....pretty good. And he gives a pretty good answer to his abortion stance. I know many people are dismissing him, but he gets it in a way that Nancy Pelosi (or anyone not from the midwest) doesn't. I think it can be argued that maybe that's not what we need out of a Minority Leader, but its certainly worth a discussion.

Tim Ryan is unambiguously to the right of Pelosi. Have you heard of him before this week? We do not want Tim Ryan.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Boon posted:

#notallsoldiers

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Reminder: Steve Bannon is a accelerationist and he is an advisor to Donald Trump who in a few months with become the most powerful person politically on Earth.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

crazy cloud posted:

Incrementalism is not a solution to the violence and hatred I will face in my lifetime, it makes no difference to me if I am murdered by the KKK at 33 or 43, I will be a statistic victim of a hosed system either way. Of course I hope the whole thing burns. Why wouldn't I? The accelerationist party is the only party of hope, the only true vanguard of change. Everything else is "let's see if we can find a way to allow you to survive, as long as it doesn't inconvenience cis white men too much." gently caress that. gently caress you. Hail Satan.

Nice meltdown. I will say your point of white people saying "We will be fine" really does mean "Me and people like me will be fine" is spot on. I'll see you in the camps. :unsmith:

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Gobbeldygook posted:

None of the above. Flynn is crazy but he also thinks Iraq and Afghanistan were mistakes. He's going to advocate working with Russia and Assad to fight ISIS in Syria. His recent testimony about the Iranian nuclear deal (PDF) is worth a glance.

Yeah.

I'm still assuming we'll have boots on the ground in some Middle Eastern country after the first terrorist attack in the US after Trump takes over. So by June or July at the latest.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

SunAndSpring posted:

Really if you don't own a gun and are very worried about Trump's brown shirts (or maybe we should call em red hats) and other bullshit attacking you while you go about your daily business, now is the perfect time to get armed.

Ironically Trump's administration will probably do more to infringe on gun rights and confiscate more weapons than any liberal president ever has.

But he'll only target minorities, so it'll be ok in the eyes of supposed 2nd Amendment supporters.

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

fits my needs posted:

Nice meltdown. I will say your point of white people saying "We will be fine" really does mean "Me and people like me will be fine" is spot on. I'll see you in the camps. :unsmith:

:hfive:

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

crazy cloud posted:

Self-abuse is not a legitimate political strategy FYI. Get help.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

WHAT THE gently caress BIZARRO WORLD DO WE LIVE IN?!

The Independent: Benjamin Netanyahu 'rejects' Donald Trump's comments about Muslims and says Israel 'respects all citizens' rights'

quote:

'The State of Israel respects all religions and strictly guarantees the rights of all its citizens,' Mr Netanyahu said

Benjamin Netanyahu has joined a long list of international leaders to reject Donald Trump’s comments about Muslims, while championing Israel's "respect" for all religions and citizens' rights.

The Israeli Prime Minister released a statement saying he will still meet with the Republican Presidential candidate for previously scheduled talks later this month but does not “endorse his views”.

“Prime Minister Netanyahu rejects Donald Trump's recent remarks about Muslims,” the statement said.

"The State of Israel respects all religions and strictly guarantees the rights of all its citizens.

“At the same time, Israel is fighting against militant Islam that targets Muslims, Christians and Jews alike and threatens the entire world.”

Trump’s meeting with Mr Netanyahu was arranged two weeks ago, the statement said, as part of a “uniform policy” to accept requests from Presidential candidates from either party who visit Israel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

the black husserl posted:

Self-abuse is not a legitimate political strategy FYI. Get help.

Yes it is, and as proof, I submit the following phrase: president-elect donald j trump.

No get help. No get help. You're the get help.

• Locked thread