Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Old men :words:-ing, today in Pokémon Generations!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8YlPlN-eI8

Clay! :swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Brycen is an action man.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Brycen, Clay and the old guy are cool. Everything else was hot garbo, tho.

"Sometimes you lose the forest for its trees! Weak men know what sells!"

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Is pokemon stars the switches version of a full on pokemon game?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Welcome to Gen 7, goons. Picking up my copy of Sun after work!

Holyshoot posted:

Is pokemon stars the switches version of a full on pokemon game?

I didn't know about this until now. Is this still just a rumor?

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
It's in rumor territory right now. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened, though.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Soft resetting for a female Popplio is made much more annoying now that Game Freak discovered unskipable cutscenes.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
Mudbray has realistic freaky horse teeth. :swoon:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

hopeandjoy posted:

Soft resetting for a female Popplio is made much more annoying now that Game Freak discovered unskipable cutscenes.

They were never skippable. Game Freak discovered long cutscenes. :suicide:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I finished the first island just now and I'm enjoying it for the most part but boy it sucks that enemy trainers seem to have the "one pokemon allowed" rule going on.

I really like the intro animations and how fluid it all is but... please tell me they get more than one pokemon on the upcoming islands.

Have the games ever had you in a pitched battle of 6v6? I can't even remember an Elite 4 member ever having a full team. It's lame and dumb and let me crush 6 of your pokemon with one of mine, danm!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

Question for people that have the game: Is Lillie as adorable in the game as she is in the anime? Because she's the best. :3:

how do you live with yourself

Absolutely not adorable in the game. She is a menace. She almost has you killed by demanding you defend her pokemon with your body, when you've never met either of them before. Then she loving clings on and you can't escape her. She again, has a pokemon, but never uses it and in general just acts like a waify good for nothing. She doesn't even dress herself! I'm not even off the first island yet and every time she pops up I just want to say some mean poo poo to her and be on my way.

This game really dropped the ball on your rival and friends. I don't like talking to the island boy or this helpless bitch. I hope she falls to the wayside and I don't have to hear from her much once I get off tutorial island.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Nov 18, 2016

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

They were never skippable. Game Freak discovered long cutscenes. :suicide:

It wouldn't be as bad if they had given you a chance to save right before choosing. But no. :smithicide:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Khanstant posted:

Have the games ever had you in a pitched battle of 6v6? I can't even remember an Elite 4 member ever having a full team. It's lame and dumb and let me crush 6 of your pokemon with one of mine, danm!

Champions always have a full team. That's pretty much it, though.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Funny thing, I would have sworn they did but nope, at least not until rematches.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Khanstant posted:

Absolutely not adorable in the game. She is a menace. She almost has you killed by demanding you defend her pokemon with your body, when you've never met either of them before. Then she loving clings on and you can't escape her. She again, has a pokemon, but never uses it and in general just acts like a waify good for nothing. She doesn't even dress herself! I'm not even off the first island yet and every time she pops up I just want to say some mean poo poo to her and be on my way.

This game really dropped the ball on your rival and friends. I don't like talking to the island boy or this helpless bitch. I hope she falls to the wayside and I don't have to hear from her much once I get off tutorial island.

this but the opposite

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I hope there's a trainer in this game who has 1 overleveled pokemon and when you faint it, he switches between his other 5 pokemon alternatively to revive and hyper potion the overleveled pokemon.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Brother Entropy posted:

this but the opposite

"Oh! A post better let someone else read that. Brother Entropy... could you keep this a secret and also let me cling on to you like a dingleberry. Thx"

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

There were some Pokémon breeders in ORAS that had a full team! Of different types, even!
It's a shame the AI was... not that brilliant.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i like the tourists who are like "Wow! Just lost a battle to a real life Alolan! #Blessed"

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
I like Lillie and also my Rotom-dex, the true wingman in all this

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the male ace trainers are real hunks

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Countblanc posted:

We get Professor Kakui and this is what makes you thirsty?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Yeah

Ace trainer ♂ x ace trainer ♀is my otp this gen btw

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Axel Serenity posted:

We get Professor Kakui and this is what makes you thirsty?

he's married

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Why can't rotom register himself to the pokedex

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

El Burbo posted:

Why can't rotom register himself to the pokedex

Countblanc posted:

he's married

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The mom in this game is freakin loaded, the house is huge!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
The more cinematic presentation goes a long way to making the game feel fresh and new, wow

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Khanstant posted:

She again, has a pokemon, but never uses it and in general just acts like a waify good for nothing

it can't fight

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
I'm also really impressed with the presentation in this game. It makes it feel like a complete game, rather than Pokémon with a story tacked on.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lillie's pokemon literally only knows splash

She straight up tells you in the second conversation (iirc) that it can't fight worth a drat and is a pathetic space emoji. That's why she has to ask you for help all the danged time.

I can get not liking her at first because I didn't really care for this personality but once she actually starts talking to you she gets better. I also don't really hate Hua or whatever his name is. He's a idiot dork but I'm not like, super mad that he's apparently a self-appointed buddy.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Are there still Audinos that sometimes pop up in the grass for easy grinding?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hopeandjoy posted:

I tried for almost two hours and eventually gave up :smith:

Kinda regret it, but now I'm 8 hours into the game and I don't feel like playing through all that again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Hau's problem is that he has like 2 pokemon, they're atrocious and would lose to basically every totem 'mon, but he wins all the same. It wouldn't happen.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Question: do you ever get the ability to switch out the bottom screen for something other than the Rotom map?

The blinking is driving me absolutely crazy and I hate having it in my peripheral view at all times with no way of turning it off :negative:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hau is that possible hahagajaha

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Hau's problem is that he has like 2 pokemon, they're atrocious and would lose to basically every totem 'mon, but he wins all the same. It wouldn't happen.

My problem with him is that he and Kukui keep trying to bust into peoples homes uninvited.

I mean pot calling the kettle black but come on that's a MC privilege >:(

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i like how people talk about your party pokemon (I assume whichever is int he first slot) and not just your starter, but I wish they called them by their nicknames. i mean i get that nintendo doesn't want people posting screenshots of the professor talking about how strong you and [racial slur] are but cmon

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Cosmog is cute and my friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Pentaro posted:

There were some Pokémon breeders in ORAS that had a full team! Of different types, even!
It's a shame the AI was... not that brilliant.

I ran into a a veteran trainer with 6 Pokemon in BW2 and it's not that great when you weren't prepared for it. An NPC gave me an egg like 15 minutes before, so I had a party of 5 bruised Pokemon when in a dark cave I ran into veteran Shaun. Still won but I actually had to use a max revive, wowzers!