Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Corrode posted:

If I were implementing Tomb Kings, I'd guess at something like:

Reunite Nehekhara
Retrieve the relics (randomly seeded in n provinces on the campaign map, more and further away on harder difficulties). Make them magic items which can either be stored in pyramids or equipped on lords - so you have a choice between using them and risk losing them or hiding them but getting no benefit.
Destroy Araby/Bretonnia or sub faction/Vampires or sub faction.

Tomb Kings will probably have a Wonder Victory condition like the Wood Elves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Loving the new dlc! More quests are good and given the end game i might even finish the campaign!

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

im guessing the map changes will make saves incompatible?

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Total War: The War on Christmas.

This is gonna be the first TW game where I buy all the DLC at release.
Turns out you don't get the achievement for winning the grand campaign as Clan Angrund, btw.

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
This DLC sound great, have there been any news of when they will make Bretonnia to a proper faction btw?

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
There was a Bretonnia announcement last week, they're coming for free in february

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoiks2rQa9o

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014
Mukip, is this what you need so people can find me for the tournament?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jacksangrybiome

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ynyerF9qXU

Those Treeman animations are sick as hell.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Titanic beasts!

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
All that video does is get me more hyped up for the possibility of Hellpit Abominations, but in my heart I know Skaven will get Verminlords instead.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

madmac posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ynyerF9qXU

Those Treeman animations are sick as hell.

as I side note I do like that free company dude booking it in the end of the last shot, while everyone else is being used by the treemen to bash a tunnel to cathay

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

JacksAngryBiome posted:

Mukip, is this what you need so people can find me for the tournament?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/jacksangrybiome

I added it to the list:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779330&pagenumber=270&perpage=40#post466240704

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Recently went to a GW and got a White Dwarf code, here's the discount code for whoever get's lucky: D46JQ-48HHP-MJ5F4

On a different subject, who thinks that with the success of TW:W we might get another fantasy total war at some point? Regardless of the odds of it happening, which setting would you want?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Planescape. Get weird with it. And show me some Blood War.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
WARCRAFT: TOTAL WAR

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Malazan: Total War.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Mordja posted:

christ yes

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

~in a fiddler voice~ yes

Necroskowitz
Jan 20, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

This all sounds great. Gonna pre-order this ASAP for the slight discount.

edit:

quote:

This Council has a number of Offices to which characters may be appointed, and is subtly connected to the Wood Elves’ infrastructure. Certain buildings unlock Offices for example: if the Wild Heath building is unlocked in the tech tree, it can be built in a settlement, thereby unlocking the Herald Of The Hunt office. If one of the player’s Lords is appointed to this role, he will periodically call a Wild Hunt. This gives the Herald and his army a series of very significant bonuses for the turns in which the Wild Hunt event is active, heightening their marshal prowess and encouraging aggressive actions. Players are advised to explore these interconnections in order to get the most out of their Wood Elf campaigns.

gently caress this sounds amazing.

Can you fire Lords from your Council and if so can they apply for WELFare?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I would love to see a Pike and Shot total war of any kind. I would also be interested in the post -napoleon, pre-WW1 tech; think the Franco -Prussian and Russo-Japanese Wars. It's a little crass, but you could have the outbreak of the great war as the 'Chaos Invasion', so to speak.

If you're going to use another fantasy or sci-fi setting, I want Dune.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
PcGamesN has an actual Wood Elves gameplay vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMyiT3WKcpg

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Yessssss :getin:

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Mordja posted:

There is no possible way to balance that.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hammerstein posted:

PcGamesN has an actual Wood Elves gameplay vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMyiT3WKcpg

I think that's the same footage Eurogamer had.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Alternative comedy option:
Dominions Total War

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Safety Factor posted:

Dominions Total War

sassassin posted:

There is no possible way to balance that.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

Dominions Total War

Dibs on Late Age R'lyeh....

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am not sure how they'd do another fantasy series in a meaningful way given that Warhammer Fantasy is already a pastiche of most things in contemporary epic fantasy.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mordja posted:

Christ no.

LotR Total War
Alt
30 year war/Catholic-Protestant wars
Alt
Mongols/China

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
It's kinda hard for me to think of fictional settings that are better for Total War than Warhammer, because Warhammer is just such a grab-bag of stuff. Like, a LoTR-TW would just be strictly a subset of the features of Total Warhammer.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Any pointers for Belegors campaign? It's much harder than the standard dwarf start.

Are rangers spam friendly as quarrelers?

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
They should do a Black Company total war where every ruler is an insane evil wizard and you are just a mercenary captain trying to make his nut

TheOmegaWalrus
Feb 3, 2007

by Hand Knit
Age of Mythology: Total War

:20bux:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Some D&D Forgotten Realms setting would work too - but on the battle map it would not look that different from what we already have with Warhammer.

Priests and more cleric magic would be cool though....

dtkozl posted:

They should do a Black Company total war where every ruler is an insane evil wizard and you are just a mercenary captain trying to make his nut

But what if I want to rule as insane evil wizard ?

fnordcircle
Jul 7, 2004

PTUI
Fallout: Total War

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Any pointers for Belegors campaign? It's much harder than the standard dwarf start.

Are rangers spam friendly as quarrelers?

Upgraded walls are your friend. You won't be able to afford a second army for a while, so having garrisons that can easily handle any rebellions is a great help. Especially since killing rebellions earns you money as dwarfs.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Fangz posted:

It's kinda hard for me to think of fictional settings that are better for Total War than Warhammer, because Warhammer is just such a grab-bag of stuff.
Yeah, you can't really beat Warhammer's factional, magical, and technological diversity.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Fangz posted:

It's kinda hard for me to think of fictional settings that are better for Total War than Warhammer, because Warhammer is just such a grab-bag of stuff. Like, a LoTR-TW would just be strictly a subset of the features of Total Warhammer.

It's a kitchen sink setting, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Cardiac posted:

30 year war/Catholic-Protestant wars

Yeah if we're gonna do another historical TW, gimme 30 years war.

Alternatively, I'd like Total Civil War.

TheOmegaWalrus posted:

Age of Mythology: Total War

:20bux:

Yeah some kind of Mythology Total War would be aces too. I'd be a fun mix of the fantasy of Warhammer and the realism of like, Rome.

• Locked thread