Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

VanSandman posted:

I think it's fair to say there's just too much anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm honestly curious what the most hosed up animes are because apparently ones about an angel that kills and revives a future pedophile for 100 episodes are considered to be "good" ones. Which begs the question of how much worse it can get.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If you gaze long into an anime the anime also gazes into you.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A few months back I got back into the office from lunch and my supervisor and another guy were watching some anime on a tablet. There was some crying naked girl and a St. Bernard licking its lips. I can't imagine any context that's going to explain all that away.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

bunky posted:

I can't tell if you're being facetious but that is raphandz/Satellite High/J.W. Friedman.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3017810&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

not being facetious, so thanks for confirming

also, that thread might as well be in mandarin

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO

What does TLO stand for again?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's in bunky's link - The Lost Otakus

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Well you're not wrong.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
what the gently caress is wrong with all of you

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Haha holy poo poo! I was JUST thinking of this last night, and how it may be the very best thing to come out of SA.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

corn in the bible posted:

what the gently caress is wrong with all of you

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
What the gently caress, JW Friedman is lil raphandz? My mind is blown.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
This thread is a rollercoaster that ends in a brick wall.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

like to grab myself a cold one and hang out with my buds here in the P'yiff, talkin' bout pedophiles and the media they consume

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
How come Satellite High got out of the rap game? I really liked his music. Look at the mess you made is a great album.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Charles Bukowski posted:

How come Satellite High got out of the rap game? I really liked his music. Look at the mess you made is a great album.

He does a pretty good podcast about bad books now

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles
Anime bad

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

This but unironically.

Big Centipede
Mar 20, 2009

it tingles

CaptainSarcastic posted:

This but unironically.

I was unironic originally

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Anime is good

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Anime is blood.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

ok there, that's the final quote of the whomp comic tia

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

anime is trash :hehe:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Powaqoatse posted:

anime is trash :hehe:

You are incorrect

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
So the saga continues...

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Anime with smoking and guns and swords are the best. Sometimes magic powers if its not dumb as gently caress, like alchemy is cool but most everything else isn't.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Imma gonna follow Stymie here. There's no such word in the English language. It's Japanese animation, or Japanese animated film/movies/series.

Some Japanese animation is good, Akira, Ghost in the Shell both impressed me a lot.

why does nobody care about Soviet animation enough to use the Russian word for it? Answer: Nerds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaIh7rVofAw

(btw Krabat is really good, uses crazy animation tricks, & is actually quite scary)

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

*trips over own feet* poo poo! Wait a sec! Im loving better, than all the people ITT!! *wheezes sweatily*

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

sinking belle posted:

*trips over own feet* poo poo! Wait a sec! Im loving better, than all the people ITT!! *wheezes sweatily*

exactly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAqMfUlX4WA

im 10x better than people who categorize their childrens movies by nation

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Anime is in fact, bad

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Anime is in fact, bad

pro tip: its for children, nobody cares about cartoons unless theyre weird aficionados who like to watch childrens' tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY8l1ELcF_E

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Powaqoatse posted:

Imma gonna follow Stymie here. There's no such word in the English language. It's Japanese animation, or Japanese animated film/movies/series.

Some Japanese animation is good, Akira, Ghost in the Shell both impressed me a lot.

why does nobody care about Soviet animation enough to use the Russian word for it? Answer: Nerds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaIh7rVofAw

(btw Krabat is really good, uses crazy animation tricks, & is actually quite scary)

what, you've never heard of Motherlandimation?

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

I don't know what is going on moderation wise in ADTRW, but for some reason there's been a constant stream of probations/bans from the chat thread for posting NWS anime images

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had to ground someone for 2 weeks for downloading Katawa Shoujo on the home computer.

E: THAT'S MY ANIME STORY GUYS.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Turtlicious posted:

I had to ground someone for 2 weeks for downloading Katawa Shoujo on the home computer.

E: THAT'S MY ANIME STORY GUYS.

:stonk:

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

Kawata Shoujo...

*search*

"Cripple Girls"

welp

Reading the synopsis, the main guy gets drunk with his redpill buddy and falls off the roof and dies if he doesn't perv out on one of the Cripple Girls. The happiest ending

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

bucksmash posted:

Kawata Shoujo...

*search*

"Cripple Girls"

welp

Reading the synopsis, the main guy gets drunk with his redpill buddy and falls off the roof and dies if he doesn't perv out on one of the Cripple Girls. The happiest ending

If only, if only the fall just crippled him.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Powaqoatse posted:

pro tip: its for children, nobody cares about cartoons unless theyre weird aficionados who like to watch childrens' tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EY8l1ELcF_E

anime is okay

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Casimir Radon posted:

I'm honestly curious what the most hosed up animes are
In the beforetimes, when there was no Netflix/Hulu to deliver the animu, and more than 2 companies around to license it, there used to be people that posted trailers of the new season's animus.

I remember one being a really milquetoast brother-taking-care-of-sick sister story that was aggressively boring. In the last 10 seconds of the trailer, the dude like undoes the chick's bandages and loving eats part of her arm. Because she's some zombie thing and he's some vorehound?

I pretty much stopped following the japanimes after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

FilthyImp posted:

In the beforetimes, when there was no Netflix/Hulu to deliver the animu, and more than 2 companies around to license it, there used to be people that posted trailers of the new season's animus.

I remember one being a really milquetoast brother-taking-care-of-sick sister story that was aggressively boring. In the last 10 seconds of the trailer, the dude like undoes the chick's bandages and loving eats part of her arm. Because she's some zombie thing and he's some vorehound?

I pretty much stopped following the japanimes after that.

That's Pupa, and incidentally one of the more hosed up terrible japanimes I was thinking about earlier(tied with He Is My Master, probably).