Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

albany academy posted:

So I guess murder of crows got a buff?

Yeah. There's a few others too, like Sevy2's feat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Recently came into some Ret that I have no intention of using.

Warcasters

Ossyan, Kaelyssa

Jacks

1 hydra, manticore, Phoenix kit

2 banshee, daemon, sphinx kit

Units
Invictors
Sentinels +UA (two missing)

Solos

Arcanist

Plus 1 unopened MK 2 Battle box.

Asking for $90 USD for the lot.

PM me if your interested.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

We have 3 theme lists so far.

One of them has "For every 30 points of Drudges, you get a thing"

One has "For every 20 points of units, you get a thing"

And the last has "For every 20 points of units or battle engines, you get a thing."

So I think that as more theme lists come out, PP is incentivizing people to step away from the all jacks no infantry meta by giving bonuses that encourage 20-40 points worth of units. So life might not be as hopeless as we thought for the casters and models that focus on killing units, such as Hexy2.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 17, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Lots of ambush in theme lists, too! here's hoping trollkin highwaymen and braylen get it :getin:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Jimmy Hats posted:

Lots of ambush in theme lists, too! here's hoping trollkin highwaymen and braylen get it :getin:

During the Full Steam event, we had a guy bring highwaymen and we rolled up the scenario where you deploy a unit on a side table edge. It was pretty drat effective.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Man i occasionally play malakov 2 with a min unit of kossites and ambush + backstab is insanely good even with those turds. With highwaymen it would be 'cray cray'.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

BTW you are legally required to describe the commando unit as "hambushing".

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So this is what I've banged out as my first pass. I only actually own lord carver for farrow.

(Carver 1) Lord Carver, BMMD, Esq. III [+28]
- War Hog [15]
- War Hog [15]
- Road Hog [16]
- Battle Boar [7]
Farrow Commandos (min) [9]
Farrow Brigands (max) [15]
- Farrow Brigand Warlord [4]
Farrow Bone Grinders (min) [5]
Farrow Slaughterhousers [11]
Farrow Razorback Crew [0]
Alten Ashley [5]
Swamp Gobber Chef [1]

His vet leader gives razorbacks +1 attack rolls and that seems legit.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

rydiafan posted:

Is that RAW? How has PP not been sued for food poisoning yet?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

chutche2 posted:

So this is what I've banged out as my first pass. I only actually own lord carver for farrow.

(Carver 1) Lord Carver, BMMD, Esq. III [+28]
- War Hog [15]
- War Hog [15]
- Road Hog [16]
- Battle Boar [7]
Farrow Commandos (min) [9]
Farrow Brigands (max) [15]
- Farrow Brigand Warlord [4]
Farrow Bone Grinders (min) [5]
Farrow Slaughterhousers [11]
Alten Ashley [5]
Swamp Gobber Chef [1]

His vet leader gives razorbacks +1 attack rolls and that seems legit.

If you can try to squeeze a splatter boar in there because their animus effects the Razorback Crew as well.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

rydiafan posted:

A judge said it guys so it's canon now.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Somewhere in the United States, a Farrow player alt-tabs to his 500-page Farrow erotic fanfic and whispers "hambush...at last, the last piece of the puzzle..."

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Excelsiortothemax posted:

If you can try to squeeze a splatter boar in there because their animus effects the Razorback Crew as well.

Doing that means either dropping a heavy, or dropping the walord plus alten ashley, and I don't really want to do either of those things. I'm at 44 points of units, so the warlord is the only way I could drop unit points while keeping both razorbacks, but it's pretty vital to brigands functioning. And only running 2 heavies feels like it's defeating the point of Carver.

I guess I could drop the slaughterhousers, make the bone grinders a full unit, and buy a razorback, putting me at 41 points of units. Then dropping alten would get me the 8 I needed for a splatter boar. Could take an efaarit scout as my second free choice then. Slaughterhousers seem really good though.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

chutche2 posted:

only running 2 heavies feels like it's defeating the point of Carver.

Sometimes I like to run Carver beast-light to maximize his veteran leader bonus.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

rydiafan posted:

Sometimes I like to run Carver beast-light to maximize his veteran leader bonus.

Well, what if I replaced the road hog with the splatter boar, add Targ, and that gives me 4 points left. I could add Pendrake or Maximus, or I could drop the chef to make it 5 points. That would either get me Gudrun, or let me buy a razorback and use my free solo on an efaarit. Maximus might be the best option. The feat gives him overtake which would basically turn maximus into Butcher2.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 18, 2016

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

rydiafan posted:

hee hee!

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

rydiafan posted:

This is the kind of post that will reunite us all

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

Having not playing my pigs since MKII, what is the point of taking a Gorax with Dr. A when it and a Battle Boar cost the same, but the Battle Boar is just straight up better?

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

chutche2 posted:

Well, what if I replaced the road hog with the splatter boar, add Targ, and that gives me 4 points left. I could add Pendrake or Maximus, or I could drop the chef to make it 5 points. That would either get me Gudrun, or let me buy a razorback and use my free solo on an efaarit. Maximus might be the best option. The feat gives him overtake which would basically turn maximus into Butcher2.

Mat 9 Maximus with 4 dice worth of damage and berserk and overtake make people sad. Well your opponent. You squeal like the fat hog player that you are as he just packmans through your opponents infantry.

Excelsiortothemax fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Nov 18, 2016

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Alokgen posted:

Having not playing my pigs since MKII, what is the point of taking a Gorax with Dr. A when it and a Battle Boar cost the same, but the Battle Boar is just straight up better?

The point is so that people don't scream "purchase invalidated" for their theme list goraxes

Other than that, the gorax does have an extra point of STR over the boar, and pain response. Adrenalize is better for getting through infantry, +1 str and pain response is better for sending the gorax into a light or something, and it throws just a little bit better.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 18, 2016

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

chutche2 posted:

the gorax does have an extra point of STR over the boar, and pain response. Adrenalize is better for getting through infantry, +1 str and pain response is better for sending the gorax into a light or something, and it throws just a little bit better.

:agreed:

I was taking battle boars with Doc for the first month or two of Mk3, but I've decided road hogs and primal shock handle infantry enough, so I've switched to a pair of goraxes instead for that extra heavy hitting.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
The gorax seems like it synergizes with arkadius especially well too, because putting raw adrenaline on it damages it which also turns on pain response. The boar isn't able to get that kind of efficiency.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Awww yuss made a bunch of trades and bought a battlebox and have ended up with this in trollblood.

Jarl Skuld
Ragnor Skysplitter

Mauler
Blitzer
Earthborn

Bouncer
Axer
Impaler x 3
Slag x 2
Storm
Pyre

Braylen
Whelps

Highwaymen x 2
Sluggers

Sorceror

--

What else do i need to pick up? I imagine I need a unit of krielstones + the UA if I want to run a good ragnor beast heavy list. I'm also thinking of picking up one form of Grim Angus and 1 form of Hoarluk. Any troll players got a favourite of one of those two?

Oh and I guess I should get troll moses too.

FUN TROLL FACT: Trollblood can take Lynus and Edrea! That tasty, tasty precision strike.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

chutche2 posted:

The gorax seems like it synergizes with arkadius especially well too, because putting raw adrenaline on it damages it which also turns on pain response. The boar isn't able to get that kind of efficiency.

Right, yup, that totally makes sense. Didn't think about that.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Question about siege crawler - crit stagger says "model hit" not "models hit", so I'd be correct in assuming that if you crit you're only staggering the one model and that it's 19pts of disappointment? Basing this off of the usual wording being either "model directly hit" or "models hit" in most other cases where an AoE weapon has an effect.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

All the models under the template are hit, so it should stagger them all. The missing 's' strikes me as less important than the missing word 'directly' which would indicate only the target you rolled an attack against.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

albany academy posted:

Question about siege crawler - crit stagger says "model hit" not "models hit", so I'd be correct in assuming that if you crit you're only staggering the one model and that it's 19pts of disappointment? Basing this off of the usual wording being either "model directly hit" or "models hit" in most other cases where an AoE weapon has an effect.

It affects everyone.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
New insider talks about colossal wrestling for NQ 71

This will be amazing

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Just went back from a 25pts Rumble tournament and well... It's poo poo. Pure, 40k level of unfunny bullshit. The 2nd player's ability to fine tune his deployment to the first player's plus the size of the table means it's way too easy to brutally murder or zone the first player from the get go. Okay, my list was probably pretty weak, but everyone was playing wacky lists, and the second player won pretty much every time. I went first all three games.
Nearly won the first because my opponent went for the comedy assassination and failed, and was pretty chill, but deathclocked myself. Second game, got my jacks alpha struck from out of the table by twin angeliis and scrapped, while Raptors went to town on my infantry, all being buffed by PVail. Killed most of his forces, but got assassinated by an angelus. Third game was a bad joke where I got zoned, frozen and slaughtered by a goreshade3 list in T2.
Overall, a really bad experience.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Yeah, I've played three Rumble format matches and it's severely unbalanced. I didn't think too much of it since it isn't an "official" format, but I think some tweaks could be warranted. Maybe having the first player being able to give a unit or model Ambush? That way they could hang back but still threaten, but still only one model/unit.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Hosted our Foodmachine today. $1,176 for the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan. Good times. :unsmith:

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Fyrbrand posted:

Hosted our Foodmachine today. $1,176 for the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan. Good times. :unsmith:

Kick rear end, bro!

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
Just played Haley 3 against Krueger 1. He got frustrated with all my high def stuff so he charged Krueger into a Trencher and Feated killing 2 Gun Mage Riflemen, a Captain Adept, Junior, Squire and Ragman. Over 30 points down if you count the inert Charger that was on Junior was pretty nasty.

Still, he went to block the lane to Krueger with a stone but left it a little close to him and my Ironclad Quake attacked the stone which knocked Krueger down. Past Haley then walked through the Ironclad and beat him to death with her mind bullets.

Each time I play Haley 3 I like her a little more, she is just so versatile even with all her support dead. I had about 4 different assassination angles I could see before I went with in with the Ironclad.

Nightwatcher
Apr 18, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

Awww yuss made a bunch of trades and bought a battlebox and have ended up with this in trollblood.

Jarl Skuld
Ragnor Skysplitter

Mauler
Blitzer
Earthborn

Bouncer
Axer
Impaler x 3
Slag x 2
Storm
Pyre

Braylen
Whelps

Highwaymen x 2
Sluggers

Sorceror

--

What else do i need to pick up? I imagine I need a unit of krielstones + the UA if I want to run a good ragnor beast heavy list. I'm also thinking of picking up one form of Grim Angus and 1 form of Hoarluk. Any troll players got a favourite of one of those two?

Oh and I guess I should get troll moses too.

FUN TROLL FACT: Trollblood can take Lynus and Edrea! That tasty, tasty precision strike.

Min stone+UA for sure, Fenns or Champs and maybe Warders would be good too.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I finally finished my Glacier King so now everyone gets pic spam. A friend at our event yesterday suggested I add snow to the whelp on the base. That got me thinking, and I wound up making a mini-GK. :keke:

(I really like drinky whelp riding on top, too.)

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

That gives me a Trollboner.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
That's impressive. I'm kind of jealous of how you guys get such crispy colours.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I love the tiny little glacier king whelp. And the whole rest of it, that's phenomenal.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Ice cube welp :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Thanks dudes. I brought him in a tag team with the MK at my event Saturday. Turns out together they have a pretty good ranged assassination. Of course after the fact we realized I shot down Sorscha1 with the GK, woops. But we agreed I probably would have won it anyway. Neither one of us will forget cold type or cold immunity next time I bet!