Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Is there a single line from Johnny that isn't great?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics
The wild scene switching is forgiven, Johnny for protag. :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm glad that we're at least switching back and forth between very interesting scenarios.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Johnny is wearing a shirt with a heart, and 'UR MOM' inside it.

Small details, people.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
When was the last time the photo thing came up? I seem to recall us talking about how cinema and TV in general might become completely unwatchable.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Cartoons and CGI stuff should not be affected.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Cat Mattress posted:

Cartoons and CGI stuff should not be affected.

ah an in-universe explanation for all the anime

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Zack you genius

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Suddenly, everything has becomes clear. The metaplot for all of paranatural has finally been discovered, years before Zack could come close to a conclusion.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Poor Isaac. His power truly is a curse, which forced him to live a life where his only formative experiences came from watching Naruto.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The idea of rear end in a top hat spirits deliberately trolling spectrals by sitting in front of the cameras for every film production is one that really amuses me now. That would suck.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Turns out the only movies spectrals can watch are ones starred by 80's action movie star Lorenzo Lamas. No one quite understands why, but those are the only flicks not ruined by roaming spirits.

Sixth Sense is especially annoying, and the Crow has Brandon Lee constantly asking for stage directions in the scenes filmed after his death.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

I think this might be the first time we've seen Johnny and Ed in conversation? That's a pretty potent gag duo.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 11 minutes!
https://twitter.com/paranaturalzack/status/798665181534580737

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Wait, that's how it is normally though?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Exit Strategy posted:

Wait, that's how it is normally though?
How much citrus do you eat?

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Dias posted:

Sixth Sense is especially annoying, and the Crow has Brandon Lee constantly asking for stage directions in the scenes filmed after his death.
You won't even believe the poo poo Orson Welles got up to after he kicked the bucket.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You know who I am, right?

Alt Text: everyone knows the tactical advantage to playing dead is making your enemy feel guilty for potentially desecrating a corpse

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Countdown to someone complaining that talking a bully out of beating you up is so in unrealistic, this is totally breaking my immersion you guys! Twelve year olds aren't this smart and refined! :qq:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Renaissance Robot posted:

Countdown to someone complaining that talking a bully out of beating you up is so in unrealistic, this is totally breaking my immersion you guys! Twelve year olds aren't this smart and refined! :qq:

alright

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
This is a fun page and I'm glad we're getting more characterisation for both Jhonny and The Burger Child.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Ed is the most underrated character.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I've got two Starchman Stars saying next page opens with a beautiful half-page panel of Johnny pounding the snot out of Ed while grinning manically.

(or a scene-change and we don't know if he hit him for another three months).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dolash posted:

I've got two Starchman Stars saying next page opens with a beautiful half-page panel of Johnny pounding the snot out of Ed while grinning manically.
gently caress, that's way too much like Zack's style of comedy to go against that bet.

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

I would expect that same insight out of Ollie.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Dolash posted:

I'll take this bet. It's maybe 30 minutes since he had a "being a bully is kind of lovely" heart to heart with Max so maybe it'll stick.

Of course, Johnny's takeaway might be "bully everyone impartially".

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
He's going to go in for the punch but Forge will teleport his brain to the spirit realm and lecture him about morals and justice

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Poison Mushroom posted:

How much citrus do you eat?

I drink a bottle or two of lime juice daily. Why?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

show me forge. forge !!

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's a little early for a Forge and Johnny face-to-face, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Johnny pass on punching Ed and some hint that Forge's subconscious influence was involved. Especially if there's some brief flicker that Ed picks up on, so he can start to suspect there might be something spirit-y going on with Johnny.

Which reminds me, possessing spirits have an influence on humans' physical appearance (Isaac's anime hair, the Man-Lizard), so what influence will Forge have on Johnny? My guess is the teeth.

Last Visible Dog
Jul 30, 2015

Well, we already have things like this: http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-57 (last panel)
Though it IS Johnny we're talking about, so it's kinda hard to tell if his face really does look particularly anvil-like, or if it's a face he'd be making anyway.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Dolash posted:

It's a little early for a Forge and Johnny face-to-face, but I guess I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Johnny pass on punching Ed and some hint that Forge's subconscious influence was involved. Especially if there's some brief flicker that Ed picks up on, so he can start to suspect there might be something spirit-y going on with Johnny.

Which reminds me, possessing spirits have an influence on humans' physical appearance (Isaac's anime hair, the Man-Lizard), so what influence will Forge have on Johnny? My guess is the teeth.

Maybe it's already working?

Also, I just remembered while archive diving that Jeff's name is Jeffavorite Flavors. I don't know what to do with this info.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Wait really

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Xarbala posted:

Wait really

Yes.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'll put my money on "Ed beats up Johnny after it turns out that doing exercise all the time for the monkey on his back has made him suprisingly strong."

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Forge apparently has enough power to, uh, look like Forge, so I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that we get a spirit world visit soon. If not just because Johnny got Forge'd literally over two years ago and surely Zak wants to use Johnny's spirit powers as a story element sometime in the next decade.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

neogeo0823 posted:

Maybe it's already working?

Also, I just remembered while archive diving that Jeff's name is Jeffavorite Flavors. I don't know what to do with this info.

Only if Isabella is possessed by Forge too.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i'm rereading hitball and it rules but also i forgot johnny saw the doctopus. give me that sweet sweet forge

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.

do you want to come to my house and play wii sports?

(From Zack's Tumblr.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Is that a new guy that's coming up? Are we having another plot digression?