Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
As far as a 3rd version or sequel on Switch is concerned:

The league is under construction so they also don't have the gym leaders to award badges. Each town has a construction site with building materials that are never explained. At the same time the trial captains are going to age out at 20 and have to find another profession. I could see the older ones repurposed as gym leaders in a sequel set ~3 years after the main game. Then there's plenty of unique characters that don't get a lot of screen time that can also hop into a position. Throw in a couple new characters and you've got a new game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Dehry posted:

As far as a 3rd version or sequel on Switch is concerned:

The league is under construction so they also don't have the gym leaders to award badges. Each town has a construction site with building materials that are never explained. At the same time the trial captains are going to age out at 20 and have to find another profession. I could see the older ones repurposed as gym leaders in a sequel set ~3 years after the main game. Then there's plenty of unique characters that don't get a lot of screen time that can also hop into a position. Throw in a couple new characters and you've got a new game.

Yeah, that's true. So they might pull a Sun & Moon 2? I guess it's not like there's no precedent.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

bobjr posted:

Cosmog is cute and my friend.

:yeah:

I like Hau because he is cool and friendly like all of the people of Alola

except for that blasted team Skull!!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
i LIKE THE TWO TEAM SKULL GUYS AND I DONT CARE THAT IM USING CAPS

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I love how no one takes team Skull seriously at all.

Except that one Delibird

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Got an Adamant Rowlett on my first try.

Named him Léon. He's my best friend. Always happy. No questions.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Bogart posted:

i LIKE THE TWO TEAM SKULL GUYS AND I DONT CARE THAT IM USING CAPS

i will never be happy until Jessie and her wife James reappear!

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

When does the game sunrise and sunset. change? I'm playing Moon it it just became sun rise at 1pm but I don't know if it is just for the cutscene.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Somewhere after 8 I think. I remember having orange skies and the time switching in mid battle.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Sitting is gone, 0/10 do not buy

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Carlosologist posted:

Sitting is gone, 0/10 do not buy

Er, no it's not.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Yellow tank top: Bought
Pink Capris: On
White Trillby: Tipped

This goon is removed from the apparel shop

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I love my Brionne as if she was my own daughter

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Axel Serenity posted:

i will never be happy until Jessie and her wife James reappear!

I can't wait to see them trying (and failing) to make sense of Team Skull in the cartoon.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Supremezero posted:

Er, no it's not.

Yeah it is.

Sleeping on randos beds is totally in though now. And some of them are hilarious

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zore posted:

Yeah it is.

Sleeping on randos beds is totally in though now. And some of them are hilarious

I just sat on this nice chair, guy, don't tell me sitting's gone.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
I think I'm on reset number 27 for a female litten

Would anybody like to buy a slightly smashed copy of Pokemon Moon

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

checksin posted:

Ditto is on island 3 my friend, no need to get upset.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

ConanThe3rd posted:

I can't wait to see them trying (and failing) to make sense of Team Skull in the cartoon.

they do have the best theme so far just imo

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

checksin posted:

I'll give you $1.

Also I don't understand why everyone freaks out so hard about getting that female starter when everyone is bound to be swimming in starters within a week.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
New generations out. Clay doesn't have enough of a Texan twang for his character. Worst episode ever.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Yungoos is a top tier Route 1 Pokemon

Nemo07
Jul 26, 2013
I have no idea how this SOS Battle system works and Serebii isn't helping.

Also, the encounter tables are different depending on which patch of grass you're in too?

:psyduck:

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
ughh i just want to be home so i can plaayyyyyyyyyyy

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I think this is they first game I ever used a Pichu since most of the time they give you Pikachu.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Nemo07 posted:

I have no idea how this SOS Battle system works and Serebii isn't helping.

Also, the encounter tables are different depending on which patch of grass you're in too?

:psyduck:

Its when they are at low health but I think you can't get in A SOS until they game tells you about it.

Also I like that one area can have different Pokemon in one part of the route makes the game feel more alive.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like that the pokedex tells you exactly what patch of grass to catch pokemon, and honestly, I'm kind of preferring this over DexNav. I'm fighting all the trainers, and going to all the photo spots to see pokemon to fill out my pokedex, so I can find'em and catch'em. It feels a lot more natural.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It is criminal that the Oak in this game is not just the original Oak who is going through a beach bum phase.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Jarogue posted:

Also I like that one area can have different Pokemon in one part of the route makes the game feel more alive.
They did that a bit in X and Y with flower colours, mostly for deciding which colour Flabébé you got or whether you got the pre-Surf grass patch encounter table or the post-Surf one. Mostly it just mixed up the percentages. Sounds like it's a bigger deal in SuMo though.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
There are separate encounter tables for every patch of grass, yeah.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
oh my god shut uppppp game let me just play and catch em all already

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Bullshit. Whatever move it has can run out of PP and then it can use struggle. If Metapod can kill poo poo, so can some space monster.

I deeply regret evolving my little owl buddy. I recommend everyone with the owl hold off on evolving until it's ready for it's final form. The cuteness goes away and is replaced with the revulsion you feel when you see a teenager picking at their acne. How do you release pokemon?

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Paul.Power posted:

Sounds like it's a bigger deal in SuMo though.

oh my god

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I appreciate that they added a lovely kid response for so many dialogue options

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

:perfect:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Where is the breeder anyway? I just noticed my OvO is female, I want to spread some byrd in the wonder trade

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Who thought adding more story to Pokemon was a good idea? :bang:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Soul Glo posted:

Get the owl, he got a bowtie

i got the owl, he's a dapper borb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Dr. Fetus posted:

Who thought adding more story to Pokemon was a good idea? :bang:

I'm glad Nintendo took Skyward Sword and Other M as their examples of handling stories moving forward.