Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat

pigeonchest bill posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ccmm20/

Add me if you're dtf (down to freemaskreceive)

Added as Reisen Inaba.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

pigeonchest bill posted:

Added as DelphiAegis. :3:

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

pigeonchest bill posted:

Added you as, uhh, either bbcisdabomb or Michegan J Yoshi, I don't know which one displays.

Thanks, by the way!

Iceman2343
May 7, 2007

I'll take the Job.

pigeonchest bill posted:

Added as Iceman2343

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
added as clockworkjoe. I have some things in my inventory you could have if you want.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Can continental coins now be used to purchase mask components? One of the main things I used them for was to make additional versions of DLC masks/materials/patterns/colors so I wasn't restricted by them/card drops.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Nov 18, 2016

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

pigeonchest bill posted:

Added~

Psion posted:

e: also cash out all your gage coins before updating Goonmod, because it's rolled into the continental coin system now

I'm guessing continental coins can't buy masks/materials/patterns/colors but it would be cool if they could. Would give them some use once you've maxed your safehouse and you've got two of every weapon mod already, although I don't think regular cosmetic items would be worth 6 continental coins. Then again that would make Offshore Payday kind of worthless beyond wasting hours of time before you burn your offshore for a dumb painting.

Alternately, Wilko, please code in functionality so that when a team of four gets one of each cosmetic item, each heister gets all four cosmetic items to easily assemble a mask roulette. :v:

then maybe chorse will get a chains begins

e: vvvv Guess I'd better buy myself down to 420 coins and leave it there, then

ClonedPickle fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Nov 18, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Continental coins can now be used to buy all the things Gage coins used to. The prices are absurd though.

Also, he didn't take away Gage coins. They're still there; they just don't do anything as of this update so I have 416 sitting around that are worthless.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

pigeonchest bill posted:

Is there any DLC that you want but don't have? You're doing a good thing and you deserve something in return.

edit: If not, I could always get you the next one.

THE CHORSE fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Nov 18, 2016

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

pigeonchest bill posted:

Hope I'm not too late; added you with the same name as here.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Found in another string leak:

quote:

kek
top kek... $NL;$NL;» moist$NL;» dont spaghetti

?????

quote:

Find and steal Turbo Man
Find and steal the VR headset
Find and steal the right bottle
Hit Santa so he tells you where he hid the cocaine
Hit Santa to get info
Hit Santa to make santa jump into the christmas tree
Make santa jump into the christmas tree
Opening the shopping bag

From the xmas heist.

Also, the Zeal Taser skins, courtesy of Keithy2.0 at facepunch's filediving efforts. Not clear if this was cut, implemented improperly, planned for a future update, subject to revision, or what. Lack of helmet and low res are both due to how it's drawn from assets.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What has the biggest blast radius: Dynamite, the community HEF grenade, or the other grenade?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Discendo Vox posted:

Found in another string leak:

?????

That's 100% related to the Trump mask / pepe frog mask we're getting, as Almir promised.

pigeonchest bill posted:

This guy loving rules btw, he's the best.

Kazanski
Apr 19, 2005
A bad enough dude...
Any goons out there that need to grind out the One Down achievements? A friend and I have been trying but it's just brutal with pub players. I'm looking for 2 more people. We're good enough to do it, but not good enough to carry 2 useless pubs. Add me on Steam: ihatebarracuda. We've done a fair number already but we can redo anything you need.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Turbo man...? You mean...

https://youtu.be/TwecyXBMDUQ

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

YUP

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pigeonchest bill posted:

Added, display name should be [QO] Luca something.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
e - Quote =/= Edit

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Kazanski posted:

Any goons out there that need to grind out the One Down achievements? A friend and I have been trying but it's just brutal with pub players. I'm looking for 2 more people. We're good enough to do it, but not good enough to carry 2 useless pubs. Add me on Steam: ihatebarracuda. We've done a fair number already but we can redo anything you need.

I'm down for one down.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

pigeonchest bill posted:

Very down to DTF (added as TopHatGenius)

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

pigeonchest bill posted:

Added as Shadowbacon

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pigeonchest bill posted:

Added you as Jal. Also extending an offer of a DLC if there is one that you need.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

pigeonchest bill posted:

Added, same name as here.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
Echoing the Bill is Awesome sentiment.

Unfortunately I'm running low on good mask materials (RIP Gagecoins), but she turned out aight for now

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Added as shoe if you've still got stuff.

My friend who is a butt and is wimping out on clearing stuff including my last 1ds also wimped out on helping me do the melee only achievement on Boiling Point so I did it solo (i.e. no bots either) and that is a bit of a challenge. Got there with a crook build with FAKs and an ice axe.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

How often do people do Tabula Rasa runs? Is a dodge build essential? You can have a perk deck right?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

22 Eargesplitten posted:

How often do people do Tabula Rasa runs? Is a dodge build essential? You can have a perk deck right?

You can have a perk deck, but no skills. So yes, a dodge build is probably still recommended.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

More fun with flat multipliers.

edit: short version: OVerkill was scaling team AI with difficulty. This led to your CPU allies carrying you on Mayhem up. So they flattened it. So CPU allies die incredibly fast.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Nov 18, 2016

ThatOneGuy
Jul 26, 2001

Revolutionary Taste.

Shooting Blanks posted:

You can have a perk deck, but no skills. So yes, a dodge build is probably still recommended.

Muscle worked pretty well too.

Also bots do not count against the requirements, and do not need ammo like you do.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Is there a significant difference between 90+ accuracy and 100? Same question for stability. I have a Falcon with about 88-92 accuracy depending on whether I use extended magazines, and 100 stability. I could get up to 96 accuracy in exchange for going down to about 92 stability, if I got the 12 angry minutes achievement.

Are the 80 damage rifles good for anything on Mayhem/DW? They 1 shot any non-special on OK, but OK is pretty forgiving. I barely used it doing safehouse raid last night, since I have a Loco.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

pigeonchest bill posted:

Added as David D. Davidson.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Is there a significant difference between 90+ accuracy and 100? Same question for stability. I have a Falcon with about 88-92 accuracy depending on whether I use extended magazines, and 100 stability. I could get up to 96 accuracy in exchange for going down to about 92 stability, if I got the 12 angry minutes achievement.

Accuracy, not really. The extra points might make a difference at extravagant distances, but there's almost never a time where you need to be sniping stuff that's literally on the opposite end of the map.

With Stability, I'm pretty sure it depends on the weapon. For instance, a full-auto SMG with crazy high RoF is going to get more out of the +10 stability, and stability also affects shot grouping with dual pistols more than raw accuracy. But it probably won't make all that much of a difference with the Falcon, especially if you're only popping off single shots. I'd just stick with what you've got right now.

Though I've certainly had some cases where I went "I should make all the numbers bigger! :downs:" and then ended up with a gun that felt worse because I actually had to like, aim my totally accurate and stable laser weapon rather than letting the spread or recoil do the work for me.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 18, 2016

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

pigeonchest bill posted:

Added as Fantastigasmical Alice. *hugs* You're a good person.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I just found something super-weird. This is from Golden Grin:

quote:

´sniper_kills_31´ ElementCounterTrigger 102005
Upon event ´sniper_kill_count(0)´ == 31:
Play dialogue: Play_snp_mny_01 (DELAY 1)
´sniper_kills_35´ ElementCounterTrigger 102006
Upon event ´sniper_kill_count(0)´ == 35:
Play dialogue: Play_snp_mny_01 (DELAY 1)
´sniper_kills_40´ ElementCounterTrigger 102007
Upon event ´sniper_kill_count(0)´ == 40:
Play dialogue: Play_snp_gen_01 (DELAY 1)
´sniper_kills_50´ ElementCounterTrigger 102008
Upon event ´sniper_kill_count(0)´ == 50:
Play dialogue: Play_snp_gen_02 (DELAY 1)
´sniper_kills_60´ ElementCounterTrigger 102009
Upon event ´sniper_kill_count(0)´ == 60:
´sniper_kills_70´ ElementCounterTrigger 102010
Upon event ´sniper_kill_count(0)´ == 70:
´sniper_kills_80´ ElementCounterTrigger 102011
Upon event ´sniper_kill_count(0)´ == 80:
´sniper_kills_90´ ElementCounterTrigger 102012
Upon event ´sniper_kill_count(0)´ == 90:
´sniper_kills_100´ ElementCounterTrigger 102013
Upon event ´sniper_kill_count(0)´ == 100:

This is heist-specific lines for (afaict) when the sniper asset kills specific numbers of enemies. This is how weirdly this heist is programmed compared to others- these don't seem to be called on, for example, Watchdogs day 2.

edit: also in the heist's script: "trigger_get_into_penthouse001"- a location that disables the hint about finding the archives. No idea where it's referencing, though.

edit 2: The USB computer step was originally going to be in the cashier's office.

edit 3: found the sky-waving guard's code. augh.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 18, 2016

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nthing that Bill is both cool and good.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Are the 80 damage rifles good for anything on Mayhem/DW? They 1 shot any non-special on OK, but OK is pretty forgiving. I barely used it doing safehouse raid last night, since I have a Loco.

Generally, full auto weapons benefit much more from high stability and don't lose too much to low accuracy - so, e.g. your akimbo SMGs you should prioritize stab. Semiautomatics you want to flip that. In your case with a Falcon that high in both, I think you can do either way. The difference won't be that big mathematically between a 92/100 and a 96/92, but if it feels right one way or the other, go for it.

About rifles - for context, 40 damage rifles are simply not worth it as you step up the difficulty levels, so, yeah, you could do good work with an 80+ on Mayhem and above. The current balance skews towards high damage per shot weapons or else you get dumb poo poo like requiring 9 head hits to drop a heavy SWAT, because that made sense to Goldfarb Jules. I don't know the exact STK calculations but you can make an 80-something work well enough.

(the current balance situation is stupid and is not helped by Overkill's resident balancer not seemingly understanding how to do it in a way which is both fun and providing the right challenge to make things appropriately difficult)

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 18, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

80 damage rifles are workable, but keep in mind you can take a ~30% ammo capacity nerf and just bring a DMR kit or M308 which will do twice the damage.

Really, ammo capacity and pickup rates are a thing that need to be looked at. It was bad before the event, but now that everything is a damage sponge it just makes the best/most ammo efficient guns stand out even more.

And shots to kill is a meaningless metric on its own, but Jules is obsessed with it. Total ammo, pickup rates and rates of fire have been a thing they never really experimented with as levers to use when balancing guns (except the boneheaded pistol fire rate nerf).

Also telling is that they can't figure out a good way for Mayhem to exist on its own. It's still basically just DW with slight tweaks to enemy damage with the current beta.

UnknownMercenary fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 18, 2016

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

pigeonchest bill posted:

added as Coltzan's Shirne

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The 160+ damage is important now? It used to be the M308 was more damage than needed, less ammo than desirable. Good to know. Any one in particular? I still need the cheevos for the G3, and I don't have the DLC for the AK and CAR ones.

I do have an M308 still, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009

Manuel Calavera posted:

Nthing that Bill is both cool and good.

Intense agreement here. Thanks ever so much.