Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

winter.mute posted:

this video has a little bit of everything:
jumping horses, fun with flares, kicks to the face, barbed wire, plane dodging, and aquatic vehicular homicide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMi4ji7jEy4

"torn to shreds" is a new one, to me.

This game is a lot of fun, in spite of the numerous, minor annoyances. That invisible kill zone at the tunnel on Monte Grappa for instance, I died to that twice but I don't think the Zeppelin had crashed on top of it. Maybe a wrecked tank had the same effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
:) game has everything

flaming dirigibles belly flopping on the cutest goddam tanks you've ever seen

flaming melee kills and being killed and then getting back on your horse covered in soot
(although I really, really wish you could get the melee animation when shivving people on stationaries)

p.s. has anyone noticed that you'll be flying with gunners and the in-game dudes will generally chatter like infantry about good kills and losing objectives and poo poo but after something particularly crazy (not sure what ??) happens, they completely flip the gently caress out for like a minute straight, and it's amazing? but I have no idea what they're saying cause it's in turkish? ok maybe I need to dig up a video

Anyone know if there are translations of the poo poo your guys will say in all the different languages? i swear I turned on subtitles but I don't think that makes a difference

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

mellowjournalism posted:

:) game has everything

flaming dirigibles belly flopping on the cutest goddam tanks you've ever seen

flaming melee kills and being killed and then getting back on your horse covered in soot
(although I really, really wish you could get the melee animation when shivving people on stationaries)

p.s. has anyone noticed that you'll be flying with gunners and the in-game dudes will generally chatter like infantry about good kills and losing objectives and poo poo but after something particularly crazy (not sure what ??) happens, they completely flip the gently caress out for like a minute straight, and it's amazing? but I have no idea what they're saying cause it's in turkish? ok maybe I need to dig up a video

Anyone know if there are translations of the poo poo your guys will say in all the different languages? i swear I turned on subtitles but I don't think that makes a difference

There is an audio setting that makes your team speak English regardless of their faction.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I really like that they added the ability to become squad leader from BF4. Now I don't have to create my own squad and play alone for 3-4 games before people start joining any more.
I have played hundreds of hours of BF4 and about 30 of BF1 and I can count the amount of players I've met that use squad objectives on one hand. It's free points, my record so far is 6,500 squad points in one round, but then I do play as medic.

I still have some people on my friendslist from the BF2:BC/BF3/BF4 days, hope to play with you all again this weekend! xbone: tjiev

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew
I think I need to add more of you to my friend list but then I'm not really reliably online so that makes it hard to join up sometimes. That being said I've been having more fun with this than any other multiplayer shooter in ages what a fantastic game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

winter.mute posted:

this video has a little bit of everything:
jumping horses, fun with flares, kicks to the face, barbed wire, plane dodging, and aquatic vehicular homicide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMi4ji7jEy4

This is a good video, brent.

It will be hard to go back to WW2/ModernCombat. I will honestly miss bayonet charges and mount combat.

Naganted
Jul 22, 2007

Indistinct Gibberish.
Toilet Rascal
Anybody else having the game seemingly work fine and then just getting a black screen where everything '3d' would be? Sometimes it looks like green static.
The map markers, players markers, HUD, everything is there, but the gameplay is just totally black.

I thought it was my xbox, but other games play just fine, AND the single player works and everything looks just like it has.

Been playing the game online no problem, it just started this morning.

--Apparently after looking at some other forums this happens to lots of people, and the fix is to go back to menu and try joining another server,...That's pretty damned suave.

Naganted fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Nov 18, 2016

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Hardcore mode is great for me since I main the MG15. Takes 1/4 of the time to kill people now, and my scope is great too.

I also love how friendly fire is on. Not because I wanna grief, but because I don't feel bad if I accidentally shoot a guy running in the wrong direction of the battle. Last night I instinctively shotgunned a teammate who was running at us from the natural frontline. Sorry not sorry. :commissar:

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Hardcore mode is great for me since I main the MG15. Takes 1/4 of the time to kill people now, and my scope is great too.

I also love how friendly fire is on. Not because I wanna grief, but because I don't feel bad if I accidentally shoot a guy running in the wrong direction of the battle. Last night I instinctively shotgunned a teammate who was running at us from the natural frontline. Sorry not sorry. :commissar:

You would have fit in well on the Eastern Front

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that's just historically accurate role play

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

sunday at work posted:

There is an audio setting that makes your team speak English regardless of their faction.

but i want to know what they're saying in turkish/italian/german

ravinghobo posted:

Anybody else having the game seemingly work fine and then just getting a black screen where everything '3d' would be? Sometimes it looks like green static.
The map markers, players markers, HUD, everything is there, but the gameplay is just totally black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYduyjlXcTY

:(

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

mellowjournalism posted:

but i want to know what they're saying in turkish/italian/german

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYduyjlXcTY

:(

I'm like level 55 and also a skylord and I've never experienced that while flying the bomber. I minored in German though so I can generally understand what they and the Austrians are yelling about. I like how the voice over for the Austrians on Monte Grappa has a just a touch of a Austro-Bavarian in his accent. :cryinbundesadler:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

drat I was stoked to get to play this weekend but in typical :dice: fashion their shits all hosed.

Are some of these freezing and black screen bugs as prevalent as they sound?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Beastie posted:

drat I was stoked to get to play this weekend but in typical :dice: fashion their shits all hosed.

Are some of these freezing and black screen bugs as prevalent as they sound?

That depends, did you install the big patch from a couple days ago? :dice:

I think there is a huge memory leak in the PS4 version as I was having issues that were messing up my entire PS4 until I rebooted it, then it would be good for a bit and repeat. If I do anything else, other games or watch TV/movies, it is fine. Play BF1 and it messes up my whole system after a bit.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Trastion posted:

I think there is a huge memory leak in the PS4 version as I was having issues that were messing up my entire PS4 until I rebooted it, then it would be good for a bit and repeat. If I do anything else, other games or watch TV/movies, it is fine. Play BF1 and it messes up my whole system after a bit.

This makes me not as excited to play over thanksgiving break as I previously was...

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Mortar loving sucks now.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Snak posted:

This makes me not as excited to play over thanksgiving break as I previously was...

To be fair the blackout only happened to me once and was prepatch. Ive also been playing almost non stop and have had none of those issues people talk about

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I have had a few crashes. Once when I was digging through options while dead and another time outside of a match.

Since the patch, the game tends to hang out on the loading screen forever when I try to quit between matches.

So I've never had any issues that actually interfered with my gameplay experience.

I'm gonna play a bunch this week.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
a video about knowing your surroundings.

https://youtu.be/Oo81niIeweg

love the dude at the top of the mountain after I killed the first guy.

Fingat
May 17, 2004

Shhh. My Common Sense is Tingling

Some Clips!

I love mines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy2Sdt2CZrk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPlZEl4DB9o
(I might have been drunk)

Funny Bugs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo-j9C_e8es
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMwQ2i6oJZc

10-A Blues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiQ4RzgEPGU

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Not sure how to find more PS4 goons, but my PSN is: Hamburlgar

Got this yesterday, but ive played the previous games :)

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

I've always preferred hardcore mode in battlefield games

I tried turning off the HUD as well for extra realism (which looks and feels absolutely incredible btw) but it also turns off the objective markers

I like that you can change the opacity of HUD elements though I have a barely visible friendly player indiciator but I can't seem to turn most of the rest Dow

Ideally I would have only the objective indicators and friendly player names (both barely visible) and nothing else

I'm kind of glad they waited a while before rolling out hardcore because it forced me to learn all the classes standard style

The thing is that I play as a hella good scout focused on spotting and supporting style gameplay rather than assault style (my scout rank is 10, far beyond any other class) but hardcore renders this style of play entirely useless

I figure hardcore is going to help me strengthen my skills as a medic which I find very fun

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

ravinghobo posted:

I thought it was my xbox, but other games play just fine, AND the single player works and everything looks just like it has.

Been playing the game online no problem, it just started this morning.

--Apparently after looking at some other forums this happens to lots of people, and the fix is to go back to menu and try joining another server,...That's pretty damned suave.

Yes I've been getting this exact issue but I stumbled upon a better fix that does t require quitting your session: I spawned in a bomber (I was gonna try to blind bomb an objective cuz F it) and when I switched to my bomber aim view (the downward facing camera) it instantly cleared up

So yeah try that, if it happens to me again I'm going to try using a trench periscope to see if that works as well

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

I'm like level 55 and also a skylord and I've never experienced that while flying the bomber. I minored in German though so I can generally understand what they and the Austrians are yelling about. I like how the voice over for the Austrians on Monte Grappa has a just a touch of a Austro-Bavarian in his accent. :cryinbundesadler:

what do they say??

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

i can understand approximately 20% of the german spoken in the game :gbsmith:

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Didn't realize this console thread existed and had been commenting in the PC thread the whole time. Filling out the Xbone sheet but add me at UnivalvePrism99.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Today I learned the Italian word for dirigible.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
god bless this game :patriot:

i mean look at these idle animations
http://i.imgur.com/2LHmXXT.gifv

the ways you can turn fate back on its head
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkqpCgidYVw

the flying is really cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jztrMyNqli8

and you get to go really, really fast
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biU4WqdFjbY

altho sometimes i think I might be playing a completely different game than everyone else
http://i.imgur.com/uBfrZw4.gifv

gonna start a party in the PSN community in about an hour. bayonets only :)

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Snak posted:

I can play for long periods withouth problems. The console do slowdown horribly in menus sometimes, but is nothing too scary. Or you can never go to menus, then you will not experience it.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I'm probably gonna play this all day. (ps4)

If we need an irc, maybe we can use the usual goon irc synirc.net and channel #ps4goons

I'll try to hang out there too. Let's get some serious Battlefield on.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I figure hardcore is going to help me strengthen my skills as a medic which I find very fun
Is hardcore properly available on consoles yet? No hardcore options or servers show up in the server browser, but I was able to join a hardcore game via 'custom games' Quickmatch.

Just joined and wasn't sure it was actually hardcore but the HUD's gone and I just accidentally one-shot a teammate and he died. Feels good!

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Trastion posted:

I've played every day this week, but yesterday my Xbox began disconnecting from Live and/or signing my profile out and then reconnecting about every two minutes - even when I left it alone. After several restarts it stayed connected and I was able to use YouTube, Netflix, etc. but as soon as I fired up BF1 the problem started again.

I eventually fixed it by unplugging my router and Xbox for several minutes and was able to play, but I just got on this morning and the problem is back.

I hope this is DICE's fault and not a larger problem with my machine, but it's annoying as hell and will be brutal waiting for the fix.

Edit: Fixed by unplugging my Xbox for several minutes again but ran into a black background on the squad and deployment screens and then it stayed black and went all pixel-snow when I deployed. Woooo.

Dinosaurs! fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Nov 19, 2016

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is the PS4 Battlegoon community active? I'll throw bullets at you.

Anyone else getting disconnected upon defeat in quickmatch games? The UI in the PS4 version is utter trash. Slow menus, lovely customization page that doesn't sync with your class levels automatically, quitting is an adventure. Whoever is responsible for that part of the game should be loving sacked and replace with someone who is competent. Not sure such a person exists at DICE or EA, though.

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 19, 2016

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

I'm probably gonna play this all day. (ps4)

If we need an irc, maybe we can use the usual goon irc synirc.net and channel #ps4goons

I'll try to hang out there too. Let's get some serious Battlefield on.

There's a Slack group that's slowly gaining more people. PM an email address and I'll send an invite.

That goes for anyone else on PS4 too. :getin:

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Nov 19, 2016

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
I really wish I was on the Hindenburg when this happened to see it firsthand:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8IAJxWuuOM

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I'm having a hard time leveling medic. I've been playing a bunch of TDM for some medals and been doing nothing but reviving and chucking med packs, and I still haven't hit 1 yet. Do you just level faster in conquest in general?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Flag captures are worth a lot, I wanna say 800 points if you're there the whole time to neutralize and cap.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Lol Argonne is practically impossible to win as the Americans without an incredibly well coordinated team.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

How in the flying loving hell do you take B in the 3rd sector in Iron Wall? Half the enemy team just camps in there spamming explosives and gun fire and any attempt fails. This is, by far, the stupid map design the morons at Dice have ever come up with. Once you take down the bunker turret a hole should open up so you can attack the thousand soldiers camping inside of it. Maybe make the point on top of the bunker rather than it in. It's the biggest, dumbest meat grinder part of any map I've ever played in and it's so incredibly frustrating and not fun for the attacker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Born in Bexhill
Apr 9, 2007
(has PTSD flashbacks of Operation Locker followed by convulsions)