Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Feb solicits appearing http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11...ngers-and-more/

e: Was posting about this terrible new GA costume, but it's just unzipped. I hadn't even noticed the red accents till now, but apparently they've been there.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

purple death ray posted:

Trinity is really good. Is everyone reading Trinity?

I absolutely love it but I haven't gotten the newest issue yet.

Teenage Fansub posted:

e: Was posting about this terrible new GA costume, but it's just unzipped. I hadn't even noticed the red accents till now, but apparently they've been there.

That costume looks like poo poo even with it zipped up. Thank God he's still got the goatee.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Teenage Fansub posted:

They're usually more of a brown/bronze.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

If you haven't been reading Green Arrow you've been making a big mistake. I think it's been consistently the best Rebirth book behind Superman. And it has the best rotating art team of any book right now.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

X-O posted:

If you haven't been reading Green Arrow you've been making a big mistake. I think it's been consistently the best Rebirth book behind Superman. And it has the best rotating art team of any book right now.
Co-sign. It started out great and has only gotten better. Percy has written some of the best action set pieces I've read in a long time, and Stephen Byrne in particular is killing it on the art.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

X-O posted:

Hillary Clinton showing up in the most recent issue was some unfortunate timing, but yeah I've been enjoying it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

New preview of that upcoming Mariko Tamaki/Joelle Jones Supergirl miniseries.
http://www.newsarama.com/32076-go-back-to-supergirl-s-origin-in-supergirl-being-super-1.html#s7

and Newsarama's put up the first part of an interview series with Kieth Giffen on his comic book life.
http://www.newsarama.com/32078-keith-giffen-on-second-chances-deadlines-legion-of-super-heroes.html

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

:swoon:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So they're still not a team yet?

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Aphrodite posted:

So they're still not a team yet?

I'll be honest, this is kind of a nitpicky thing for people to keep on about.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I would be perfectly happy if every issue of Red Hood featured Red Hood getting his rear end kicked.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Just finished my pulls from this past week. Superman is absolutely amazing. I can't say enough things about it. If one DC book had to be bi-weekly, it needs to be this one. I feel such a connection to the story with how Clark is raising Jon, but can't seek advice from his father. I wonder if this is how it'll be when I have my own son, since my father is gone too (yeah I know that's lame).

I really loved Batman as well. The story is great and the art is fantastic. Only thing that I don't like is how they're making Selina out to be crazy.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

pubic works project posted:

Just finished my pulls from this past week. Superman is absolutely amazing. I can't say enough things about it. If one DC book had to be bi-weekly, it needs to be this one. I feel such a connection to the story with how Clark is raising Jon, but can't seek advice from his father. I wonder if this is how it'll be when I have my own son, since my father is gone too (yeah I know that's lame).

I really loved Batman as well. The story is great and the art is fantastic. Only thing that I don't like is how they're making Selina out to be crazy.

I have a feeling Selina's betrayal is all part of the plan, a double swerve. And that the two people she just murdered faked.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Someone tipped BC off that we might get our Hickman DC comic in the Wildstorm imprint http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/20/part-warren-elliss-wild-storm/

quote:

Following the success of Young Animal, DC is now pushing the Wildstorm imprint to launch with more books after Ellis’ titular series comes out. DC is looking to have titles written by Jonathan Hickman, Ales Kot, Jody Houser, and Matthew Rosenberg. All have been in Burbank recently to finalize the plans.
Those first six words are the fishiest part.
Then a DC source:

quote:

two of those are never going to happen.

e:
https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/799724406499115008:toot:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Nov 21, 2016

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'd say the other not happening is Ales Kot, but he might be a big ol' hypocrite in addition to being an all around douche (I'm pretty sure he's one of the people that endlessly railed on the company for keeping on Berganza) I don't know about Rosenberg either. Jody Houser is a safe bet since she's already doing stuff for them.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

X-O posted:

Jody Houser is a safe bet since she's already doing stuff for them.

I just hope this does not gently caress over Faith.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #7

Written by SCOTT LOBDELL • Art by guest artist MIRKO CLARK • Cover by GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI and CAM SMITH • Variant cover by MATTEO SCALERA
“how do you solve a problem like Bizarro?”! Now that Black Mask is defeated, Artemis continues her quest for the Bow of Ra—a weapon of immense power. Meanwhile, Jason is dealing with an immense power of his own—Bizarro. What’s to be done about such a volatile creature…and is he too dangerous to be kept alive?
On sale FEBRUARY 8 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

Please let Soy return, please let Soy return:pray:

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jonboy Meyers (who skipped on Teen Titans) just got announced for an Inhumans comic in April. That was quick.
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/21/al-ewing-jonboy-meyers-launch-royals-first-inhumans-series-spinning-resurrxion/

e: New interview and pages for Love is Love
http://www.cbr.com/love-is-love-andreyko-shares-powerful-stories-in-orlando-benefit-anthology/
There's a Southern Bastards related page in there.

Nice of them to let that in.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Nov 21, 2016

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Heads up that the latest DC solicits for Feb. seem extra spoilery for current runs, so keep that in mind.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Wildstorm solicit is nice and intriguing.

quote:

A troubled woman, barred by her employer from continuing her research, walks miserably through New York City. It takes her a moment to notice that everybody else is looking up. A man has been thrown from the upper floor of the Halo skyscraper.
And that woman—Angela Spica, sick from the transhuman implants she’s buried in her own body—is the only person who can save him.
What she doesn’t know is that the act of saving that one man will tip over a vast and secret house of cards that encloses the entire world, if not the inner solar system. This is how the Wild Storm begins, and it may destroy covert power structures, secret space programs and even all of human history.

Riley Rossmo's on Suicide Squad from February. Did we know that?

Rocafort Kamandi Challenge #2 cover :)

e: These are all incredible:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 21, 2016

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Giggling at the solicit for New Super-Man #8 here... Grass Mud Horse

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

One day I'll finish Hitman and get to these comics. One day.

e: Here's Orlando's new JLA logo.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Nov 23, 2016

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hal Jordan and the GLC is really flying up on my list of must-read comics. Who would have thought? I mean it's got Hal Jordan in the title for pete's sake. But the series is increasingly becoming more and more about the GLC that I used to love. I was really worried about how this Yellow Lantern Soranik business would play out, but so far it's been really solid. It helps that Venditti's clearly read the old (holy poo poo, 2006 is old now) Gibbons/Tomasi GLC issues and is a fan of all those relationships and dynamics. And things are really looking up now that My Love Kyle Rayner is back in the mix...I admit, I felt a certain swell in my pants, and also in my heart I guess, when Ganthet uttered the word "Torchbearer" in those last pages.

Wonder Woman #11...what is there to say that I haven't yet? The moment is finally here...and yet Rucka plays it in a way I completely didn't expect: he makes it loving sad. Getting closer to the truth isn't glorious or vindicating for Diana...it's just a harsh, painful bitchslap that throws her world even further out of whack. The revelation that Diana has never actually returned to her real home in all this time...drat, Rucka. Another reviewer called it "brilliantly done and genuinely terrifying" and that's apt. The writing, the tone, even the art...Liam Sharp gets outshone by Nicola Scott on this series, sure, but he's still bringing some enviable A-game to these recent issues. Credit has to go the colorist Laura Martin, too; fake Themyscira comes across as foreboding and pernicious and nigh-radioactive as it should (and before you start muttering, don't tell me this isn't exactly how Cliff Chiang portrayed it too)...but the subtle dawn-tone colors still make everything feel somehow majestic and beautiful. Every issue of this book just makes me wish it would never end.

(I hope Sasha's not dead though. Like dang, Etta)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

Wonder Woman #11...what is there to say that I haven't yet? The moment is finally here...and yet Rucka plays it in a way I completely didn't expect: he makes it loving sad. Getting closer to the truth isn't glorious or vindicating for Diana...it's just a harsh, painful bitchslap that throws her world even further out of whack. The revelation that Diana has never actually returned to her real home in all this time...drat, Rucka. Another reviewer called it "brilliantly done and genuinely terrifying" and that's apt. The writing, the tone, even the art...Liam Sharp gets outshone by Nicola Scott on this series, sure, but he's still bringing some enviable A-game to these recent issues. Credit has to go the colorist Laura Martin, too; fake Themyscira comes across as foreboding and pernicious and nigh-radioactive as it should (and before you start muttering, don't tell me this isn't exactly how Cliff Chiang portrayed it too)...but the subtle dawn-tone colors still make everything feel somehow majestic and beautiful. Every issue of this book just makes me wish it would never end.

(I hope Sasha's not dead though. Like dang, Etta)

I thought it was just mediocre as hell. I mean I guess if you've got a mad hate-boner for Azz's WW run then yeah seeing it gone is great but the entire "The Lies" storyline has been overwhelmingly dull. Like, at least with the Finches I knew I could just ignore the book outright but with Rucka it's literally half good origin half... whatever it is I'm reading with 11.

(Also say what you want about Azz/Chiang even their Themyscira didn't have a looming red death skyline like Gotham City)

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
My biggest problem with "The Lies" is that, because Rucka is going for something elaborate and weird, he's being very careful and deliberate in setting up everything in a way that makes sense. And that's not bad in and of itself, but, when you sandwich that between slices of the very straightforward Year One stuff, it makes it seem more boring. But at least all the setting-up seems to be over with, and now we can delve in the strange stuff.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I dropped the odd issues of Wonder Woman several issues back and everything I continue to hear about it just reinforces that it was definitely the correct decision.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You're missing out on an evil robot lady. Consider that!

There's a BOGO sale at Comixology with code DC16. I think it applies to Rebirth #1s too.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I have to choose between the last two trades of Snyder's Nu52 Batman and the two Midnighter trades for the BOGO sale, which should I pick?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

Schneider Heim posted:

I have to choose between the last two trades of Snyder's Nu52 Batman and the two Midnighter trades for the BOGO sale, which should I pick?

neither and buy all of ostranders suicide squad run and all 5 issues of Wild Dog and the 80s Peacekeeper mini. :getin:

(i actually have no idea how either of those books are and would pick superman)

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Schneider Heim posted:

Midnighter

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Schneider Heim posted:

Midnighter!

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Midnighter it is!

I'm getting Joe Kely's JLA run, too, plus the Ellis run of The Authority.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mr Hootington posted:

neither and buy all of ostranders suicide squad run and all 5 issues of Wild Dog and the 80s Peacekeeper mini. :getin:

(i actually have no idea how either of those books are and would pick superman)

I would recommend Ostrander's Spectre instead just because it looks like his Suicide Squad is still getting the trade treatment while his Spectre stuff isn't any more because DC hates me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

Madkal posted:

I would recommend Ostrander's Spectre instead just because it looks like his Suicide Squad is still getting the trade treatment while his Spectre stuff isn't any more because DC hates me.

it is, but vol 5 comes out in december and will only bring it up to issue 40-42 of the 66 issue run. will be forever when it is done

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Mr Hootington posted:

it is, but vol 5 comes out in december and will only bring it up to issue 40-42 of the 66 issue run. will be forever when it is done

If I had my way I would omnibus the hell of Suicide Squad and Spectre. Ditto for Moench/Kelly Batman which also got one volume and nothing more.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 34 hours!

Madkal posted:

If I had my way I would omnibus the hell of Suicide Squad and Spectre. Ditto for Moench/Kelly Batman which also got one volume and nothing more.

yeah i'm willing to bet most won't see print, but we will get the single issues on a digital platform eventually. DC is getting better, but their back catalogue is still missing big chunks of runs for batman, superman, and the rest JLA from about 2000 to the silver age.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I would be subscribed to DC Unlimited for forever if it was as comprehensive as Marvel Unlimited

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Will i be missing anything important if I get the the Starman issues they have available?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bobkatt013 posted:

Will i be missing anything important if I get the the Starman issues they have available?

Probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Probably.

The only ones they are missing are the one shots and shade 1-4