Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
is sessions better or worse than guiliani as AG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czqtjk_iGFU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Jose posted:

worse, probably

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
A lot of the poo poo in Clinton's platform would have appealed to a chunk of Trump supporters if the information about those policies had been effectively delivered to them. I have no idea how to do that, of course

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

idk which kinda cancer is ur fav

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

RandomBlue posted:

I'd also like to point out that MAGA itself is thinly disguised racism, so obvious I don't think it qualifies as racism.

Okay? And your point is?

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

sessions is legit one of the worst high profile people in american politics. worse than ted cruz

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

showbiz_liz posted:

A lot of the poo poo in Clinton's platform would have appealed to a chunk of Trump supporters if the information about those policies had been effectively delivered to them. I have no idea how to do that, of course

A campaign strategy that wasn't entirely composed of "get a load of this guy" would be a start

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

RandomBlue posted:

"It's not racist!" "It's not racist!" "So what if it's racist?"

No-one is saying 2020's campaign should be "gently caress you racists!". Apparently there's no middle ground between frothing at the mouth about racism and just ignoring it entirely. Though feel free to continue arguing against something no-one is arguing for while adjusting your goalposts.

I never said to do either though? Like, Democrats don't need to ever apologize for being right on social issues. They just need to recognize it's drat near impossible to win if people think that's all you represent. Obama never apologized for his views on things like abortion and women's rights, they just weren't the primary focus of his campaign, nor was his opponent. That's all I'm trying to say. Republicans learned a long-time ago that working class whites were useful idiots when it came to voting against their own self-interest. I don't understand why Democrats have such a hard time engaging with the same group when they are campaigning for their best interest.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Some advertisements that focus on her platform, probably?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Turdfuzz posted:

based on my dad getting it bladder because you take the bladder out and the cancer isn't coming back which is the worst that can happen

does mean your dick stops working mind

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Doorknob Slobber posted:

sessions wants to get rid of legal pot i feel like if anything will get white people rioting its that

Legal pot might explain the election results.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Jose posted:

based on my dad getting it bladder because you take the bladder out and the cancer isn't coming back which is the worst that can happen

Thyrod cancer is very survivable, I'd prob go with that

I guess a Mitt Romney appointment is thyroid cancer

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

RandomBlue posted:

I'd also like to point out that MAGA itself is thinly disguised racism, so obvious I don't think it qualifies as racism. When was America ever greater for minorities and PoC than now? Well, I guess a month ago before this election... MAGA really only applies to white people and more so to white men. It's a slogan that's very reminiscent of the rhetoric used by white supremacy groups for a looooong time.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/03/donald-trump-kkk/473190/
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/king-single-racist-word-trump-campaign-article-1.2555694
etc.. There are lots of articles like this.

it's just nationalism. Kind of bizarre when America is a melting pot because what exactly are you advocating, but the slogan appealed and aimed at rurals, which the majority of are white. Combine that with republican racial demagoguery and you got a populist movement who wants to ensure that they will have a job at the end of the day to put food on their plate. You are going to have a mix of stupid people who are going to lash out and are racially motivated, even in an economic viewpoint which is bad of course.

America is punctuated with holes since the recession of 2008 and all the wealth keeps going to the to 1%, even right after the bail out. Their infrastructures are collapsing, their homes are still foreclosed, public funding is non-existent, some are even straight up negligent like contaminated water supplies, (see West Virginia and Flint, MI). Then you have veterans who return to their rural homes with PTSD and missing limbs from the Iraq War, some are committing suicide or drinking themselves to death, and then there's a heroin epidemic hitting them as well in different parts. They also have a lack of education because our education model hasn't' changed for 150+ years and those people are literally being left behind because they don't have the skillset to apply to a college that will throw them into a box and gouge them with a 30-50k debt, for decades.

They are stuck there, to rot away.

These are some of the people that voted Obama, but are being told by republicans, the very same people who obstructed him forever to pass bills to improve people's lot in life and is telling the rurals that Obama doesn't care because he's not doing anything about it while the Republicans keep obstructing~ Which is amazing in itself, that they keep threading out false hope to keep screwing those people over.

So all of those conditions there is one of the biggest factors why we have a political instability manifested into Trump and how he pretty much walked into the White House. The GOPe is going to die. Neoliberalism is already dead, (nobody gives a poo poo about being PC, even the neoliberals themselves touting it out of sheer platitude and moral high ground) because people are literally trying to survive right now, and the GOPe are just trying to scramble under a thin umbrella during this upheaval because they aren't exactly popular either. Time will tell but I already do hope for some kind of karmic retribution, but the world doesn't work like this.

and that's just putting it in a loosely general perspective to get a real big picture, through the multitude of messes that the GOP has put us in :v:

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Jose posted:

that sounds awful my dick is my fav feature

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Turdfuzz posted:

that sounds awful my dick is my fav feature

same but unless you're real unlucky you don't go through normal chemo because they can squirt it direct onto the cancer in the bladder and if all else fails they take it out and cancer is gone

they squirted tb into my dads bladder to kill the cancer

anyway my dad isn't going to die from cancer and i'm glad

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

Jose posted:

feel good thread of the year right here

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lastgirl posted:

it's just nationalism. Kind of bizarre when America is a melting pot because what exactly are you advocating, but the slogan appealed and aimed at rurals, which the majority of are white. Combine that with republican racial demagoguery and you got a populist movement who wants to ensure that they will have a job at the end of the day to put food on their plate. You are going to have a mix of stupid people who are going to lash out and are racially motivated, even in an economic viewpoint which is bad of course.

America is punctuated with holes since the recession of 2008 and all the wealth keeps going to the to 1%, even right after the bail out. Their infrastructures are collapsing, their homes are still foreclosed, public funding is non-existent, some are even straight up negligent like contaminated water supplies, (see West Virginia and Flint, MI). Then you have veterans who return to their rural homes with PTSD and missing limbs from the Iraq War, some are committing suicide or drinking themselves to death, and then there's a heroin epidemic hitting them as well in different parts. They also have a lack of education because our education model hasn't' changed for 150+ years and those people are literally being left behind because they don't have the skillset to apply to a college that will throw them into a box and gouge them with a 30-50k debt, for decades.

They are stuck there, to rot away.

These are some of the people that voted Obama, but are being told by republicans, the very same people who obstructed him forever to pass bills to improve people's lot in life and is telling the rurals that Obama doesn't care because he's not doing anything about it while the Republicans keep obstructing~ Which is amazing in itself, that they keep threading out false hope to keep screwing those people over.

So all of those conditions there is one of the biggest factors why we have a political instability manifested into Trump and how he pretty much walked into the White House. The GOPe is going to die. Neoliberalism is already dead, (nobody gives a poo poo about being PC, even the neoliberals themselves touting it out of sheer platitude and moral high ground) because people are literally trying to survive right now, and the GOPe are just trying to scramble under a thin umbrella during this upheaval because they aren't exactly popular either. Time will tell but I already do hope for some kind of karmic retribution, but the world doesn't work like this.

and that's just putting it in a loosely general perspective to get a real big picture, through the multitude of messes that the GOP has put us in :v:

well yeah if the situation actually improved then how would the republicans justify being super racist

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Trump made gains in black and Latino voters over Romney and McCain, and was roughly on par with Bush.

This happened despite the Hillary campaign centering their $1 billion campaign on Trump being a racist sexist rear end in a top hat.

So yeah you proved that Trump's campaign was racist and his voters are racist as hell congratulations I guess, here's your prize: this thread.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

pathetic little tramp posted:

Okay so we've got the news today that Steve Bannon worships Satan

We've got the clue that MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, if you know the method, reduces to the number 666, and followers must wear it on their forehead

Has anyone brought up that the two demons from the book of revelation are GAG and MAGA-G?

in the book of mary, a third revelatory demon is mentioned, 9GAG

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Turdfuzz posted:

feel good thread of the year right here

your av is perfect for this post

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Mr. Jive posted:

Trump made gains in black and Latino voters over Romney and McCain, and was roughly on par with Bush.

This happened despite the Hillary campaign centering their $1 billion campaign on Trump being a racist sexist rear end in a top hat.

So yeah you proved that Trump's campaign was racist and his voters are racist as hell congratulations I guess, here's your prize: this thread.

This is why positive campaigning and a clear message is important. Also, a good tagline like "Unite" or "Make America Great Again" or "Eat The Rich!"

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mr. Jive posted:

to be fair, the right would've been howling for blood if a democrat had said or done any of the zillion awful things trump has

their mistake was thinking the right had standards

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Mr. Jive posted:

Okay? And your point is?

I meant so obvious it doesn't qualify as dog whistle racism.

My point is that seeing MAGA hats, rallies, shirts etc... especially combined with all the other poo poo, like the proposed cabinet members, is loving scary.

Then they top it off today with dreams of the exciting 30's, those grand ole days of The Great Depression Excitement, Hitler's rise to power and the start of WW2.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Covok posted:

This is why positive campaigning and a clear message is important. Also, a good tagline like "Unite" or "Make America Great Again" or "Eat The Rich!"

trump's campaign was like the thinnest layer of positive messaging over the most overtly racist poo poo ever

he'll take back your jobs!(from minorities)

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Yinlock posted:

well yeah if the situation actually improved then how would the republicans justify being super racist

if the Republicans don't improve their lot, (I know they won't) I have no idea what will happen.

I'd still be flabbergasted if they get some kind of placebo out of it, because poo poo is actually really really bad right now for rurals.

Then yea, they'd have to actually answer that question and it will tear them apart, their days are just as numbered as well.

This election was going accelerate in a death of a party's ideology, if it wasn't going to be neoliberalism, it was going to be neoconservatism. You cannot tout the same ideas 20-30 years ago anymore with all of the current issues we face right now, it's irresponsible and ignorant. And nobody does irresponsible and ignorant better than the GOPe right now :yum:

People want Ryan out too, because he embodies it.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Covok posted:

If Hillary had just made her campaign less insufferably hash-taggy, didn't say idiot focused tested poo poo like trumped up trickle down, and went with any of the above instead of stronger together this would have been much better. People are way over thinking why Trump won and she lost. Yes much of the country is racist dipshits and that's part of it, but the rest of the country is just slightly smart enough to not drown from staring up with their mouths open during a heavy rain. None of this came down to policy, it was who was cooler.

Olga Gurlukovich
Nov 13, 2016

Yinlock posted:

trump's campaign was like the thinnest layer of positive messaging over the most overtly racist poo poo ever

he'll take back your jobs!(from minorities)

maga is actually really thick. dont underestimate nostalgia

e: nostalgia for a more racist past too, ofc

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

all of this is stupid

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Zyla posted:

all of this is stupid

pretty much

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/becket/status/799732585178005506

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

out of the way peons, sucks to be you, slaving away in an office for 8-9 hours for a tiny paycheck and stuck in rush hour for another hour or so :smugbert:

TheWorstAmy
Nov 27, 2009

I'm a stupid Twitch streamer

Jose posted:

A positive moment for a goon named Jose in this inevitably bleak dystopia our country is becoming. :waycool:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

hahaha hes loving up traffic bigly, well played. sure is going to make people totally happy for getting them stuck in traffic even longer than usual

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

skylined! posted:

Everyone at the local beer store were wayyyy too helpful and nice.

They all voted for trump.

I don't like this but I can't put my finger on why exactly. Bad to see people reveling in horrible decisions?

They're the only ones that sell good beer within 5 miles though. What do I do D:

The rear end in a top hat at work with Strong Opinions about interracial couples was super pissed that Trump won and was ranting all lunch how he was going to ruin everything while we all nodded in agreement.
But with that chart saying 2016 had nearly 100% of votes straight ticket it becomes easier to understand. No one voted for their lovely canidate. They voted for the party. And this thread illustrates the dems haven't inspired

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Holy lol at the traffic maps rn

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czqtjk_iGFU

Worse, lmfao

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

will anyone notics????

hyper-specific local traffic jokes play here right

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
i hope jeff doesnt crack down on legal weed my sister lives in mass and i want to buy weed when i visit her

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Turdfuzz posted:

Big wet rear end cancer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

I know it's laughable to think Trump would know his history but poo poo like this is how aristocracy gets mobbed (to tickles, don't come after me SS).

• Locked thread