Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

tirinal posted:

In anticipation of the new MBP and our glorious USB-C future, is there a goon consensus on the best wireless mouse (ideally with >4 buttons)? All my usual favorites through Logitech use USB 2.0 for the adapter.

MX Masters have native bluetooth and don't need dongles. Go nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
Meanwhile, in Razer news:

[lots of angry dyed hair people later]

Finalmouse Scream is finally on Amazon, btw. I ordered one through a proxy, because of course they don't ship internationally. Still uncertain on this DM1 Pro S sitting on my desk, I've been using the G303 mostly. Will report back anyway.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
My long-lived Intellimouse has finally started to show real signs of breakdown with a flaky RMB. :( I see there's a bunch of $10 gaming mice on Amazon nowadays, along with the standard crop of cheapie office-style ones. Are any of them remotely good?

I ordered a generic Microsoft mouse a while back in hopes of a decent replacement, but it's just too small and has no weight to it whatsoever. Honestly all I really need are 3 buttons, preferably a nice chunky scroll wheel, and bit of heft, and something that won't instantly explode if I game with it.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Megalixir posted:

Meanwhile, in Razer news:

[lots of angry dyed hair people later]

Finalmouse Scream is finally on Amazon, btw. I ordered one through a proxy, because of course they don't ship internationally. Still uncertain on this DM1 Pro S sitting on my desk, I've been using the G303 mostly. Will report back anyway.

I've never understood the logic of playing to an audience that does not like you or buy your product

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

PerrineClostermann posted:

I've never understood the logic of playing to an audience that does not like you or buy your product

Turns out a lot of them actually do and were offended by it, I'm also not surprised that they do since Razer is bottom of the barrel entry level poo poo for people that don't want to do their research.

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

PerrineClostermann posted:

Cowardice and shareholder duress, basically. Apologizing for innocuously worthless, eminently disposable twitter comments is pointless because it implies ill will or wrongdoing and delays the fact that within 36 hours of being completely ignored the vocally minor swarm will buzz off to whatever else is supposedly outrageous with no harm done to their bottom line.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.
Finalmouse just released their Scream One but only in the US.

https://www.amazon.com/Finalmouse-Scream-One-First-Edition/dp/B01LZBCEIR

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
they talk about my delays

I ordered one through a proxy. I'm curious and also pretty hopeless. Set up all my mice at once and realized that I have so many now that my mousepad doesn't cover all of them.

henne
May 9, 2009

by exmarx
What's supposed to be good about it?

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I really like the thumb buttons on the corsair scimitar because they remind me of old school pay phone buttons, unfortunately other than that it's like gripping a baseball with buttons.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
I was looking for a new mouse since the cheapo reddragon mmo mouse I had been using was getting a little flakey. I ended up just going for broke, though not all the way. The steelseries wireless sensei is really what I wanted, but not $150 wanted, so I went with a warehouse deal rival 700 for $66 :v: It's a good little mouse and the oled gimmick is cool, though I wish it was compatible with more games than just CS, DOTA, and some other game I don't play. It will take me a while to get used to the shape since i could rest my entire hand on my old mouse and I got just to that, but that's just time.

Of course, theres now a warehouse sensei for $70, so I'm considering returning the 700. Looking on the steelseries site, though, it says the sensei is for claw and fingertip, whereas the 700 is all three, and I'm honestly not sure which style I use. I seem to use all 3, so I'm kinda hesitant to buy a mouse that wouldn't be that comfortable to use, and returning things to amazon is 6-10 bucks if it's not broken.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I've been pleasantly surprised by the Kone Optical I picked up on sale to replace my poor Castor that drowned in beer (rip, never forget).

I wish the thumb buttons were shifted a little for my hand, but overall it's been perfectly fine for me in all regards.

Not sure I'd pay retail for it, but on sale it was a good call.

Horizontal Tree
Jan 1, 2010
How's the sensor on it? The Kone looks like it could be comfy and I'd like to try one. Using a Mionix Naos atm which isn't perfect but I do really like the shape, just wish it were a little larger, and maybe a bit wider in the rear. The weird grip I get on it gives me good aim in FPS' though.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Seems fine to me, but I have to admit that i really haven't played any fps games since I got it, so I really can't comment if it has any odd behaviors with twitch or snap movements.

It's also a surprisingly small mouse, which I like. I've utterly ignored the software side of things besides setting default dpi and firmware updates.

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop
I've been really enjoying my G700s (in wired mode, because I've taken it from fully charged to dead when blowing a Saturday gaming. 6 hours is bad) but it recently acquired this 'tic where it will randomly register movements 90° off.

Like, I'm moving left slowly (dragging a selection box) and it will suddenly start moving UP for ~100 or so pixels, before going left again. If I move back right, it will start moving down for about the same distance, then go back to moving right.

I've got no idea what's going on. It's on a large black perixx mousepad, and I can't find anything on the pad that would cause that. Anyone seen something like this before or do I have a "special" one?

I'm hoping it's something like "oh, there's dust under the lens, open this piece and blow it out" because I don't really want to send it back.

Have they put that awesome G700s scrollwheel on any other mouse? I use the hell out of it in both modes constantly.

Edit: This is in linux, and wired mode. The wireless receiver is on my windows machine, I swap the mouse by unplugging it.

Edit2: ... which I just did. Same behavior in windows with the wireless receiver.

Harik fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 8, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

d0s posted:

can anyone recommend a mouse like the mx518? something built with high quality/lasting switches and lacking weird coatings that wear off would be a bonus, clicky scroll wheels are a must for me too

Maybe give the naos a try? I found it to be one of the most comfortable palm grip mouse I've used. Problem I had with it was that the rubberized coating would wear off after a few years maybe less if you have very sweaty palms and the super horrible software didnt help either.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
I always thought the g700 had bad battery life, but I keep one as a backup mouse for using when I'm in bed and it's been on for months and every few days I get the mouse at 10 percent battery life please charge message, and have been for maybe 4 months so maybe I was wrong about it.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Harik posted:

I've been really enjoying my G700s (in wired mode, because I've taken it from fully charged to dead when blowing a Saturday gaming. 6 hours is bad) but it recently acquired this 'tic where it will randomly register movements 90° off.

Like, I'm moving left slowly (dragging a selection box) and it will suddenly start moving UP for ~100 or so pixels, before going left again. If I move back right, it will start moving down for about the same distance, then go back to moving right.

I've got no idea what's going on. It's on a large black perixx mousepad, and I can't find anything on the pad that would cause that. Anyone seen something like this before or do I have a "special" one?

I'm hoping it's something like "oh, there's dust under the lens, open this piece and blow it out" because I don't really want to send it back.

Have they put that awesome G700s scrollwheel on any other mouse? I use the hell out of it in both modes constantly.

Edit: This is in linux, and wired mode. The wireless receiver is on my windows machine, I swap the mouse by unplugging it.

Edit2: ... which I just did. Same behavior in windows with the wireless receiver.

I haven't actually tried the G700 wheel, but I think the G502 is about the same (at least, has both modes) and it's a really good mouse. Only wired though, if that's a consideration. I haven't had any problems over the last ~2 years with it, and there's a ton of other people in the thread who seem to have had p similar experiences.

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

My Steelseries Sensei's squeaky mousewheel has finally gotten annoying enough that I'm going to replace it

I was never crazy about it and overall I think I preferred my old Logitech MX1000.

How's Logitech's current range? I've heard/read really good things about them, but there's a slightly bewildering array of options.

More specifically, how's the performance/response time/etc on wireless? I'm not a super hardcore gamer but perceptible lag and things like pixel overshoot on monitors do bug me.

Jack the Lad fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Nov 10, 2016

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Is this real? Can I actually get a new intellimouse in the year 2016 for only 24 bucks?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
The fact it ships from China via a 3rd party marketing affiliate with a silly name should tell you how genuine it might be. Those were and are really popular to counterfeit. I can't imagine they all have original MLT-04 sensor, the actual reason people love it so much.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
I bought a G Pro mouse.

After modding it with a ceesas paracord (this one german guy makes mice cords that's basically just cloth and wire, feels like it's wireless) and put on a grip pad for mice it's a very nice mouse!

But before all that, it's pretty bad! The stock cable is terrible, and due to it's small and lightweight frame you really feel the influence of the cable and bumping it against things would throw off my aim. And the combination of the lack of rubber sides and the way the mouse curves inwards at the bottom made it really hard for me to keep a stable grip on it, it felt like a g304 more than anything else. Also the side buttons and mousewheel click are overly stiff, to the point where you can't hit them without changing your grip. So now I mapped the DPI switcher to be mouse 4 because that's the only thing other than the primary buttons with decent clicks.

So unmodded it's pretty crappy. And apparently it's body IS changed from the 100s design (the way it goes inwards) which is kinda lol? But if you're willing to mod it out you can have a pretty nice but overpriced device (and the ceesas cable is going to cost you like $20.) It feels nice to use. People talk about it's weight, but it's also how the weight feels very centered that makes it feel really nice to move around the mousepad, and the primary mouse buttons DO click well.

Automata 10 Pack fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 14, 2016

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I was kinda waiting for the 403 to replace my MX518, but after reading around it looks like it's no bueno? Should I just go for the 402 instead? (It's going for 35 bucks right now over at amazon).

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Can I interest anyone in a slightly used g502, with box? It's not wide enough for me.

I'd also trade it.

Deviant fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Nov 18, 2016

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?
I am currently using this mouse but the scroll wheel broke: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F3L19KQ/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

What's a good replacement? I am not a MLG gamer but I do want something with decent DPI

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
What do people think of mouse bungees?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I think about getting one every time I accidentally leave, say, my keys on top of my mouse cord and wonder what's holding my mouse up.

And then I forget until the next time it happens.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Megalixir posted:

What do people think of mouse bungees?

I got a cheapo one on Amazon and it's been great to help keep the cord from dragging while I pay games. I only had to mess with it a bit at first but now I barely notice it.

I bought this one, it's not perfect but it's okay:
MECO(TM) Mouse Bungee Mouse Cord Management Fixer Holder (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IE00HTW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Kn5lybWFPTSQV
The only thing I did was add a bit of twisty tie to keep the cord in the slot. It could also be heavier but it hasn't been a problem for me so far.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Yep I have three of those. One broke because I had two mice on it at once but gently caress it it's $6. Work well and do their job.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Bungees are kinda necessary with the stiffer mouse cables. Otherwise they bunch and impede the movement.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
What the gently caress is a bungee

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

What the gently caress is a bungee

See the link 3 posts above!

It's just a little angled stand that lets you thread your mouse cable through it so that the part of the cord you're using doesn't drag on the the desk/is more manageable.

So like, the majority of the mouse cord is between the USB port and the bungee, and then you have a much smaller amount of cable between the bungee and your mouse.

I have the same one everyone seems to, absolutely worth 6 or 7 bucks.

It's a similar idea to those fancy paracord mouse cables, but cheaper and easier.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I'm not sure what the point is now that high quality wireless gaming mice have been around for years.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The only high quality mice were released this year, the g900 and g403?

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

RBX posted:

The only high quality mice were released this year, the g900 and g403?

I've had my G602 for several years now, it's an excellent mouse. The Microsoft sidewinder X8 was an excellent wireless mouse that is sadly no longer made. You've been able to buy a perfectly good wireless gaming mouse since at least 2008 or 2009.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Is the thumb wheel on the MX Master clickable? I.e. does it work as a third thumb button, like the main wheel works as a middle button? I can't find any review that says yes or no.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

NihilCredo posted:

Is the thumb wheel on the MX Master clickable? I.e. does it work as a third thumb button, like the main wheel works as a middle button? I can't find any review that says yes or no.

The thumb wheel is not clickable. The thumbrest area itself is a button.

Jean Eric Burn
Nov 10, 2007

Put some 0.6mm "performance" mouseskates on my 502 and it feels very nearly as good as the stock Zowie EC series mousefeet, which I consider to be the best gliding ones.

They were like 89 cents on ebay with free month long shipping from china. Not sure how that company makes a profit.

If the 502 wasn't heavy as dogshit it would probably feel actually better than Zowie with these but the weight causes it to stick a bit going from a standstill to movement.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

The Lord Bude posted:

I've had my G602 for several years now, it's an excellent mouse. The Microsoft sidewinder X8 was an excellent wireless mouse that is sadly no longer made. You've been able to buy a perfectly good wireless gaming mouse since at least 2008 or 2009.

These are fine for regular use but not for gaming. If you take it semi serious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010

foutre posted:

See the link 3 posts above!

It's just a little angled stand that lets you thread your mouse cable through it so that the part of the cord you're using doesn't drag on the the desk/is more manageable.

So like, the majority of the mouse cord is between the USB port and the bungee, and then you have a much smaller amount of cable between the bungee and your mouse.

I have the same one everyone seems to, absolutely worth 6 or 7 bucks.

It's a similar idea to those fancy paracord mouse cables, but cheaper and easier.

Yeah, I saw that but was too tired to comprehend what exactly it was for. I've personally never noticed anything that would warrant that, and I've only had a desk where the mouse cord just hangs off the edge inches away for a year.