Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Masked Royal! Oh Yeah!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea you gotta get Munchlax leveled up to get Lick, then with his typing and that move he literally eats ghosts

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This was ruined for me the day it first leaked and someone pointed out that the lyrics are "uh, skull, drat, dubba dubba dubba dubbaFUCK" and now I'm ruining it for you all.

how does that ruin it instead of making it better?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

cheetah7071 posted:

If you haven't saved recently and don't want to reset, struggle will eventually end the battle one way or the other.

what's struggle? If its a move the ghastly isnt using it. Urgh its been awhile since I saved.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

queeb posted:

currently stuck in a battle with the first beauty on the way to the first trial. has a ghastly. it doesnt have any attack moves... all my munchlax attacks are normal and can't affect it. I cant run, and it used this move to make it so I can't escape. Might have to reset since there's no way to end this battle.

Edit: and none of my metronome moves worked so yeah, totally boned.

over half my team died to the magnetmite teacher fight, and i had to tank it with pichu thundershocks

so you did better then me in how far you got to the first roadblock

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

queeb posted:

what's struggle? If its a move the ghastly isnt using it. Urgh its been awhile since I saved.

struggle is what happens when a pokemon has no PP for moves left

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

queeb posted:

It's the self damaging move every Pokémon uses once it runs out of pp for everything

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

mandatory lesbian posted:

oh cool, this may take awhile but at least it'll eventually be over.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

more importantly, it's a Typeless move and hits everything regardless of immunities. It's piss-weak but still an attack.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

how does that ruin it instead of making it better?
well now I will sing along and I'm sure I'll accidentally swear in front of small children at some point

Stink Terios
Oct 17, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

This was ruined for me the day it first leaked and someone pointed out that the lyrics are "uh, skull, drat, dubba dubba dubba dubbaFUCK" and now I'm ruining it for you all.

Jokes aside, I'm pretty sure it's "Uh, let's go, get down, doku-do-do-dokuro".
Dokuro, of course, being "Skull" in japanese. :eng101:

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...

DizzyBum posted:

I'll give you $1.

Also I don't understand why everyone freaks out so hard about getting that female starter when everyone is bound to be swimming in starters within a week.

because i'm a dumb dumby dumb dumb who's been resetting for female starters since 1999

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I loving love the Thrifty Megamart

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It's here! It's been 3000 years...

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"Peppered Slowpoke Tail on Salad. Just 88 per ounce!" what and quiche and sandwiches!? i thought this was illegal!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

"Peppered Slowpoke Tail on Salad. Just 88 per ounce!" what and quiche and sandwiches!? i thought this was illegal!
In alola the tails routinely fall off slowpokes without them noticing or feeling any pain, and they grow back later.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I just entered the second island and at least one pokedex entry, don't remember which one, has described a pokemon as delicious

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

holy poo poo there's music changes between day and night again :swoon:

the story in this game feels a lot more organic than the others did, it's like B&W but way more chill so far

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

The pokedex entries are hosed up this gen. I can only imagine it's rotom writing them and that he's a twisted psycho

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
When I think ab what pokemon probably taste like I remember that Mr. Show sketch about Muppet hunting

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Pokémon Moon seems pretty open about eating Pokémon:

Crabrawler posted:

It punches so much, its pincers often come off from overuse, but they grow back quickly. What little meat they contain is rich and delicious.

Slowpoke posted:

Alolan home cooking involves drying Slowpoke tails and then simmering them into a salty stew.

Pokémon Sun makes no mention of this.

Delicious Pokémon aside, I absolutely love this game so far. :kimchi: The setting is so nice and everything is so cute! I wasn't a big fan of XY's "rich people and poodles" style and it felt like they didn't really know what to do with the newfangled third dimension. In this game, the environments, movement and utilization of the world (like the trials, photo opportunities, etc.) makes it feel so much more fresh.

e:

El Burbo posted:

The pokedex entries are hosed up this gen. I can only imagine it's rotom writing them and that he's a twisted psycho

I liked this one:
"If for some reason its body bursts, its soul spills out with a screaming sound." (Drifloon, the cute little purple balloon)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
manky will only find peace when it literally rages itself to death, that's loving canon in the pokedex that mankies will rage so hard their heart gives out and they die smiling

The Watch
Feb 10, 2014

He won't see the sun again for years to come...

He's posting on Something Awful
Megamarm
I've now beat the first trial and boss. Pokemon moon is so much fun.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I already triggered Self-Destruct via metronome. Third try. Goodbye, munchlax.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
The second trial is a real fucker if you don't have a grass pokemon. gently caress Alomolola or whatever

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

El Burbo posted:

have you seen the poo poo-eating grin rotom has
that's basically the entire pokemon species in a nutshell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxHAVfYx6a0

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

rumble in the bunghole posted:

The second trial is a real fucker if you don't have a grass pokemon. gently caress Alomolola or whatever

Or a Water type, because who cares about the type chart with Scald + STAB + Rain?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Rotom, I'll ask again just in case someone knows (the thread moves fast);

Is there any way to stop the god drat blinking on the bottom screen?

It's not so much the constant staring that bothers me, it's that he keeps blinking and it makes me involuntarily move my eyes to the bottom screen thinking something has happened. I wanted to like the Rotomdex but this is my #1 biggest problem with the game right now :smith:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

owned by a cartoon ghost

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Tatum Girlparts posted:

manky will only find peace when it literally rages itself to death, that's loving canon in the pokedex that mankies will rage so hard their heart gives out and they die smiling

Well now I need a Mankey, 'cause :same:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Does Synchronize not work anymore? I have a Jolly Abra in front and none of these Pikipeks I've caught have been Jolly.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Chill Penguin posted:

Does Synchronize not work anymore? I have a Jolly Abra in front and none of these Pikipeks I've caught have been Jolly.

Synchronize has always been 50% chance, so you've just had a bad run.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
The Meowth someone traded me has gotten some Nuggets and a Destiny Knot for me already :radcat:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Crumbletron posted:

The Meowth someone traded me has gotten some Nuggets and a Destiny Knot for me already :radcat:
holy heck, those are on the pickup list?
well, now I know what I'm using as filler while catching my team

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Blaziken386 posted:

holy heck, those are on the pickup list?
well, now I know what I'm using as filler while catching my team

I don't know when it happened but I just hit Hau'oli City so they're early

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Clothes are expensive..... ahhhhh.

Sorry mom, i blew 30k on a hat and shirt that look like Muk. Also really garish shoes.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zore posted:

Clothes are expensive..... ahhhhh.

Sorry mom, i blew 30k on a hat and shirt that look like Muk. Also really garish shoes.

WHERE IS THE MUK HAT

Also I like that you can apparently change Oricorio around by giving it nectar, that's better than my old plan of 'catch all of them'.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Tatum Girlparts posted:

WHERE IS THE MUK HAT

Also I like that you can apparently change Oricorio around by giving it nectar, that's better than my old plan of 'catch all of them'.
Why would you not catch 4 different oricorios, though

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Oh yeah my dual pack came with 200 pokeballs here is a code for half of them since I'm not going to be playing Sun any time soon..

Mystery Gift
A6ZAARCLXR8M6J6G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

"What was different in the second dance?"
"The hiker."
"B-but how?!"

I love this. :allears:

these traditional dances are so rich and cultural

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Nov 19, 2016