Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

john fireball continues to make everything about him lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

remember when he went from tsk-taking at advertising-supported sites panicking over iOS adblocking to flipping out about how unfair it was that his artisinal ad delivery network being blocked?

that was great.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/18/13679154/apple-manufacturing-foxconn-overseas-united-states-iphone

thanks, president-elect trump

thresident-elect trump

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Shifty Pony posted:

remember when he went from tsk-taking at advertising-supported sites panicking over iOS adblocking to flipping out about how unfair it was that his artisinal ad delivery network being blocked?

that was great.

I bought and then returned his dumb ad blocker, yes I remember

and I am keeping a list of people who have wronged me.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Wheany posted:

thanks, president-elect trump

thresident-elect trump

i think this joke has run its course

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Shifty Pony posted:

that was great.
i preferred his apple gold watch is going to be the worlds biggest luxury brand / actually its just a silly little lark a bit of whimsy if you will flip-flop

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

literally impossible unless president trump allows the construction of giant factory cities that are immune to all environmental impact studies, worker safety regulations and whining from nimbys

i guess they could ship them over in three parts and do final assembly in the US?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
i bet three weeks ago you said that it would be literally impossible for trump to become president

ufarn
May 30, 2009
trump literally wants to deport anyone who'd ever want to work in an apple factory so

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe

C.H.O.M.E posted:

I bought and then returned his dumb ad blocker, yes I remember

and I am keeping a list of people who have wronged me.

john fireball is not marco overcast

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Doc Block posted:

john fireball is not marco overcast

are you sure? I have never been able to tell.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
my gut says they are the same person with a blog(s) I never click and I am going to go with my gut on this one.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/iFixit/status/799706531356778498

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

What about that awkward moment? That sentence doesn't have a verb.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

hobbesmaster posted:

unless president trump allows the construction of giant factory cities that are immune to all environmental impact studies, worker safety regulations and whining from nimbys

so ur saying its gunna happen

i mean how else is he gunna revitalize "the inner cities"

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

Linguica posted:

https://twitter.com/luke_dot_js/status/799271787133403136

i don't g... *eyes scroll down the image* uhhh

willing to bet lastpass customised a regular input field to look like a password field because they seem to be terrible UI programmers in all other regards

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

cant believe anyone uses lastpass when 1password is a thing

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

1password is better but also has a bad UI

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

my stepdads beer posted:

willing to bet lastpass customised a regular input field to look like a password field because they seem to be terrible UI programmers in all other regards

this is most certainly it.

not enough is wrong with the new mbp so nerds get out their microscopes and look at tiny holes and barely legible text in the innards of the device. i cant even see what they're trying to say here.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Last Chance posted:

not enough is wrong with the new mbp so nerds get out their microscopes and look at tiny holes and barely legible text in the innards of the device. i cant even see what they're trying to say here.

their counterfeit chips dept is bullshit

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
apple is better, stronger, more valuable and has a bigger market share than ever

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

What about that awkward moment? That sentence doesn't have a verb.

it's "mislabels"

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Maximum Leader posted:

apple is better, stronger, more valuable and has a bigger market share than ever

easy to make money when you get away with overpricing your hardware to this extent

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Last Chance posted:

this is a website that tried to make an epic civil liberties argument out of smartphone screws and sold a $0.05 screwdriver for $10 and called it an "iPhone Liberation Kit"

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

easy to make money when you get away with overpricing your hardware to this extent

DESIGN and QUALITY costs money, DUMBO! Would you rather apple was a poo poo tier m$ oem like the rest of them?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

THC posted:

i have used both, and while 1password is better in many ways, its icloud sync is poo poo. multiple times it has failed to sync with no notice until i tried to fill a recent login on my phone and it just wasn't there. now they seem to be pushing their own lastpass-like subscription service with their own servers for sync, idk if its better or just a way to keep up a steady revenue stream.. but the whole value prop of these commercial p/w managers is security and convenience, the minute i need to janitor my p/w database synchronization i might as well be using some open sores abomination.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I use dropbox for 1p sync, never been a problem

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

hobbesmaster posted:

literally impossible unless president trump allows the construction of giant factory cities that are immune to all environmental impact studies, worker safety regulations

I have some unfortunate news for you

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

lol what do you mean "get away with"? the definition of capitalism is "pay as little and charge as much as you can get away with"

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

some open sores abomination.
hooray for keep rear end

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

THC posted:

I use dropbox for 1p sync, never been a problem

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Leck posted:

hooray for keep rear end

Same

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The Leck posted:

keep rear end
needs-suiting af

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

The Leck posted:

hooray for keep rear end

++

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

the new keepass client for macos is really nice (macpass), but it shouldn't be any less secure than the old app right?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
I use apple's keychain, it just works

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
yeah, lastpass hosed up its password fields
https://twitter.com/jnadeau/status/799769496068100096

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

lmao

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
also I learned from that dudes twitter that slack opens a separate chromium process for each team you're signed into

lmao what a shitshow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

THC posted:

cant believe anyone uses either when macos/ios have the icloud shared keychain and a password generator built into safari

poty fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Nov 19, 2016

• Locked thread