Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should I post in the anime thread?
This poll is closed.
food 14 10.37%
cat 28 20.74%
selfies 22 16.30%
touhous 41 30.37%
robots 30 22.22%
Total: 135 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

that's definitely the main parallel although I'd say cocona is more overt in liking papika then lalc can be at times, and there isn't really the same dynamic with nono wanting to be useful to lalc.

it is also I'd say meant to be read as romantic, and it's not necessarily going to go in the same direction in the long run

it's been a while since I watched diebuster so I'm having troubles with specific details

lalc thinks nono is annoying as heck but loves a lot about her because of that, and when nono starts stripping her personality to be more like lalc it drives her mad

diebusters is surface level about a really deep friendship but the actual text is open enough you can read it as romantic if you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

i wore contacts for the first time today and auuuuuugh my eyes

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Sharkopath posted:

lalc thinks nono is annoying as heck but loves a lot about her because of that, and when nono starts stripping her personality to be more like lalc it drives her mad

diebusters is surface level about a really deep friendship but the actual text is open enough you can read it as romantic if you want

this does not sound like cocona and papika, no.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Xinder posted:

this does not sound like cocona and papika, no.

Dropped.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
cocona is going through a sort of sexual awakening, because at the start she's very repressed.

papika is very open and free with her emotions, but she's slowly learning about things like personal space.

it is a good romance.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

thats... nono and lalc

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Picked up.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
How was the latest episode btw? The last one and episode three are my favorites so far.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Sharkopath posted:

thats... nono and lalc

i have not seen diebuster but it didn't match what you described, imo. although i suppose there are probably similarities.

diebuster is low on my backlog so maybe i'll give you a better description in like 2 years when i finally watch it.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Xinder posted:

i have not seen diebuster but it didn't match what you described, imo. although i suppose there are probably similarities.

diebuster is low on my backlog so maybe i'll give you a better description in like 2 years when i finally watch it.

Begone then, I have nothing to say to you.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

How was the latest episode btw? The last one and episode three are my favorites so far.

if you like papika and cocona trying to decipher her own feelings for papika: it is very, very, very, very good

if you don't: i have no idea what to tell you. why are you even here?

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

thats... nono and lalc

FF is getting more explicit than what you'd describe, too. You'd have to try really, really, creepily hard to read Cocona as not being in love with Papika after the latest episode.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

It might be the best one so far? It's very late-season, introspective Evangelion, but with more lesbians and money and less soul-crushing depression. There's even a shot that I'm pretty sure is a deliberate homage.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
if someone told me they thought cocona wasn't in love with papika after episode 7 i'd laugh in their face

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

the ed is sung by the guy that did the fune wo amu op and i'm down with that

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Xinder posted:

if someone told me they thought cocona wasn't in love with papika after episode 7 i'd laugh in their face

APPARENTLY THERE'S STILL PEOPLE WHO THINK YURI ON ICE ISN'T ABOUT GAY PEOPLE

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Spiritus Nox posted:

FF is getting more explicit than what you'd describe, too. You'd have to try really, really, creepily hard to read Cocona as not being in love with Papika after the latest episode.

It might be the best one so far? It's very late-season, introspective Evangelion, but with more lesbians and money and less soul-crushing depression. There's even a shot that I'm pretty sure is a deliberate homage.

I was talking about the explicit arc of loud energetic pink haired girl driving confused and introverted dark hair girl into understanding more of her own feelings and desires while adventuring together

not about the level of romance cause i already understood theres a friggin difference there

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

except lalc dark skin

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

Spiritus Nox posted:

APPARENTLY THERE'S STILL PEOPLE WHO THINK YURI ON ICE ISN'T ABOUT GAY PEOPLE

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

I was talking about the explicit arc of loud energetic pink haired girl driving confused and introverted dark hair girl into understanding more of her own feelings and desires while adventuring together

not about the level of romance cause i already understood theres a friggin difference there

Sharkopath posted:

Begone then, I have nothing to say to you.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

thats... nono and lalc

really similar, i'd say nono and papika have more in common than lal'c and cocona tho

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

really similar, i'd say nono and papika have more in common than lal'c and cocona tho

cool cool, ill watch it then

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

real glad people who didnt know what i was talking about decided to lead me astray but my pal sephy got the knowledge

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

the parts where there was only one set of footprints was where sephiroth carried you

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

my advice is watch flip flappers because it's good not because it has an arc similar to a show from 10 years ago

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
get better at describing things

alternatively, just watch the good show

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

rude I helped

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Xinder posted:

just watch the good show

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Erg posted:

my advice is watch flip flappers because it's good not because it has an arc similar to a show from 10 years ago

maybe im attracted to certain themes and motifs in art fuker

huh?? howhoah??? ever think of that????!?!?! no!!!!!!!!!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dont watch flip flap u dont deserve it

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

rude I helped

yah but your name isnt as funny to be carried by, sorry

cake can't even carry you it doesnt have bones

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Super No Vacancy posted:

dont watch flip flap u dont deserve it

i'm retroactively removing all memory of flip flap from your brain and replacing it with a show that isn't as good because truly it is you who do not deserve it, for being so rude.

im doing it with my magical memory machine and you can't stop me, i already flipped the switch.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

flip flapped the switch.....

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you monster

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

weird why do i suddenly have all these opinions on something called diebuster

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince

no this is good

now you can watch it for the first time again!

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Sharkey is so nice.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
papika is my spirit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
cocona is my brain

• Locked thread