Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
That was the funniest part about the whole "AI is always bad" plot line the main writer loved. You had Legion and the Geth just wanting to chill in their dyson sphere until the Quarians and Reapers dragged them back into the galactic dogpile. The starchild tells Shepard that all AI is evil and Shepard can just go "Hello, Gethbros? They are on our side too. And I'd like you to meet EDI, please ignore her creepy fetish body we didn't build it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Trast posted:

That was the funniest part about the whole "AI is always bad" plot line the main writer loved. You had Legion and the Geth just wanting to chill in their dyson sphere until the Quarians and Reapers dragged them back into the galactic dogpile. The starchild tells Shepard that all AI is evil and Shepard can just go "Hello, Gethbros? They are on our side too. And I'd like you to meet EDI, please ignore her creepy fetish body we didn't build it."

Wow it's almost like the ending was unredeemable poo poo produced by two dudes who were bad at shepherding a large writing project and as a result had to burn candlelight to even make an ending in the first place.

Luckily these two were removed from any leadership or management roll in the new proj....wait you're telling me one is in charge of the whole thing?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

That hackily written finish to ME3 did gives us the Control ending however, which is so completely brilliant that it almost had to be unintentional.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Nevets posted:

Nobody knows, all the Andromeda colonists left before the Reapers showed up & they have no way of communicating with the Milky Way or going back there.

Wait, I thought the Normandy had a quantum entanglement communicator or some-such? Doesn't that mean that instantaneous communication over any distance technology exists already? Why wouldn't somebody alert the colony fleet that their home civilization is being destroyed and recall them? Surely the giant hub ship has got to have tons of weapons, they wouldn't send it into an alien galaxy without as much firepower as possible in case they found a hostile species.

why would the reapers let a fleet of ships leave the galaxy

they're real sloppy galaxy cleansers imo

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Trast posted:

The starchild tells Shepard that all AI is evil and Shepard can just go "Hello, Gethbros? They are on our side too. And I'd like you to meet EDI, please ignore her creepy fetish body we didn't build it."

No, Shepard can't :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

SubponticatePoster posted:

:10bux: The Reapers are never mentioned in ME:A because they don't want to touch that poo poo with a 10ft pole ever again.

I actually really liked the idea of the reapers

I thought they were super ominous in ME1 and I loved that brief convo you had with Sovereign. Then they made it personal in ME2 when Harbinger seemed to take a personal interest in Shepard

They just never did anything interesting with them in the end and decided to go with starchild instead

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

were bad at shepherding a large writing project

I see what you did there.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featu...campaign=buffer

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Finally, the important part.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Kibayasu posted:

Finally, the important part.

I thnk I romanced Jack in ME2 and I really liked how cool she was in ME3. I don't think she stays that cool if you didn't romance her in the other game, no?

ME3 Happy Jack is the best Jack.

And the Garrus bro-out on the citadel in ME3 was really great. (I let him win :blush:)

Drifter fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 18, 2016

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Happy Jack in ME3 happens regardless of romancing her. I know this because I have never romanced her and she turns up a much better person in ME3 without losing her edge. I always thought the ME2 Jack romance boiled down to the Bioware "heal the emotional scars with the hero's dick" routine they used to love.

There is some dialog that got cut from the end of ME3 where Jack is on Earth with her students who volunteered to fight and it's a really heartfelt and emotional bit of voice acting by Courtenay Taylor. Basically she goes over how teaching them helped her grow as a person and seeing them fighting for what they believe in made her proud. So of course it was cut to put in that static gun turret scene. :v:

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Jack romance was really skeevy with the whole "heal ptsd with my dick" angle.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

Drifter posted:

(I let him win :blush:)

You are Hitler.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

Pretty much this. They could have done something similar to Femshep helping Cortez cope with the loss of his husband with Jack in ME2 but they needed a third chick for MaleShep to bone along with Tali Stockphoto and Miranda "200 squats a day" Lawson.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Arcsquad12 posted:

How else were you going to fix her? Actual therapy? This is sci-fi, not fantasy. :smuggo:

Dick it is.

Reclaimer
Sep 3, 2011

Pierced through the heart
but never killed

If you just bang her before "romancing" her she tells you to gently caress off for the entire rest of the game whenever you try to talk to her. Should've been like that no matter what you did first.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
What does the female protagonist look like? This new male one is somehow more generic than Shephard

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Zzulu posted:

What does the female protagonist look like? This new male one is somehow more generic than Shephard

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Zzulu posted:

You can see her in the OP as well.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Looks like they based FemRyder on her voice actress, Fryda Wolff.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Trast posted:

Looks like they based FemRyder on her voice actress, Fryda Wolff.

I really don't see any resemblance at all between the two.

Also, that voice actor is hot as hell. :getin:

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Drifter posted:

I really don't see any resemblance at all between the two.

Also, that voice actor is hot as hell. :getin:

I know it is the joke that goons can't tell the difference between faces but yes there are some similarities. The eyes, nose, and jaw line are similar. It's the hair and game lighting that throws it off a bit.

Also Fryda is super cool on twitter so I'm excited she is getting a big break like this to star in a huge game.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

im the white people

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It can not possibly get more generic than that guy

Random white man with buzzed hair, no distinct features

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Zzulu posted:

describe manShep, though. (I know what you mean, though. Ryderman looks like a bland amalgamation of every boring member of a bogstandard boyband.)

box art femShep was smokin hot, tho.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Drifter posted:

:negative:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Nevets posted:

Maybe we'll get both: You start off doing Lewis & Clark but then along the way you eat some sacred apple or don't bow deep enough or something and then you're forced to become space Cortez.

Really excited at the idea of meeting these rock people and then a few missions later finding out that their entire rock civilization has been brought to ruin because they had no rock defenses against the common cold which you transmitted cause you wiped your nose right before shaking their ambassador's rock hand.

wjs5
Aug 22, 2009

Eej posted:

Really excited at the idea of meeting these rock people and then a few missions later finding out that their entire rock civilization has been brought to ruin because they had no rock defenses against the common cold which you transmitted cause you wiped your nose right before shaking their ambassador's rock hand.

While that would be funny thats not really how disease and alien biology is supposed to work.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Carlosologist posted:

if this game is DA:I but in space I'm totally buying. should I play the other Mass Effects before this comes out? I figure I might pick them up as something to do after finals and they might be on sale as a part of the Black Friday sale on Xbox so it could be a worthwhile investment

this. if the combat is what i have heard(an improved version of 3) and they cut stupid busy work bullshit(doing 20 fetch quests to do 1 regular quest) then i am game.

Trast posted:

Happy Jack in ME3 happens regardless of romancing her. I know this because I have never romanced her and she turns up a much better person in ME3 without losing her edge. I always thought the ME2 Jack romance boiled down to the Bioware "heal the emotional scars with the hero's dick" routine they used to love.

There is some dialog that got cut from the end of ME3 where Jack is on Earth with her students who volunteered to fight and it's a really heartfelt and emotional bit of voice acting by Courtenay Taylor. Basically she goes over how teaching them helped her grow as a person and seeing them fighting for what they believe in made her proud. So of course it was cut to put in that static gun turret scene. :v:

of course it was. 3 is weird because i love most of it cept the last 10 or so minutes but it sucks how much cool stuff got cut.

hmm. so DA: I had tits and rear end. will this have tits and rear end?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

hmm. so DA: I had tits and rear end. will this have tits and rear end?

I think that particular Rubicon has been crossed

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Drifter posted:

Shame that her ingame model looks loving terrible. Also, remember how goddamn stupid the "vote for FemShep's face!" competition was? Blond shepard was winning so a million BSN members started screaming that she looked like a bimbo whore until they changed it to the redhead. Because there has never been a green eyed redhead female protagonist before. It's only the most common special snowflake design out there.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

I think that particular Rubicon has been crossed

If Caesar has crossed the T&A Rubicon then maybe its time for Hannibal to scale the Dick Alps.

That is a terrible joke and I apologize.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Arcsquad12 posted:

Shame that her ingame model looks loving terrible. Also, remember how goddamn stupid the "vote for FemShep's face!" competition was? Blond shepard was winning so a million BSN members started screaming that she looked like a bimbo whore until they changed it to the redhead. Because there has never been a green eyed redhead female protagonist before. It's only the most common special snowflake design out there.

I was just thinking about how this the other and it made me sad because my very first Shepard from Christmas 2008 was blonde. The majority of Bioware's fan base are probably retard morons. I am sometimes ashamed to admit that I enjoy their games.

Although I did used to work at Petco and this lesbian couple brought in their German Shepard all the time and his name was Commander. That was pretty adorable.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Kibayasu posted:

If Caesar has crossed the T&A Rubicon then maybe its time for Hannibal to scale the Dick Alps.

That is a terrible joke and I apologize.

Rockstar and Ubisoft have you covered.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, but I'm not going to get emotionally attached to Rockstar's penis.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, Watch_Dogs 2 just had a game come out that shows lovingly rendered dicks and vaginas. And I don't think anyone threw a fit about the nudity in DA:I or Witcher 3.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, Watch_Dogs 2 just had a game come out that shows lovingly rendered dicks and vaginas. And I don't think anyone threw a fit about the nudity in DA:I or Witcher 3.

Sadly, WatchUnderscoreDogs Too is patching out the vagoos

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Zzulu posted:

Umm that's actually biracial NBA star Blake Griffin.

I think my main issue is that guy's hair looks painted on compared to lady shep who has some actual hair.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Nevets posted:

Why wouldn't somebody alert the colony fleet that their home civilization is being destroyed and recall them?
By the time the Reapers attack, it makes more sense to let the colony ships escape. At least someone might survive.

quote:

Surely the giant hub ship has got to have tons of weapons, they wouldn't send it into an alien galaxy without as much firepower as possible in case they found a hostile species.
They're armed with a mountain of Avengers and Predators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Nevets posted:

Nobody knows, all the Andromeda colonists left before the Reapers showed up & they have no way of communicating with the Milky Way or going back there.

Wait, I thought the Normandy had a quantum entanglement communicator or some-such? Doesn't that mean that instantaneous communication over any distance technology exists already? Why wouldn't somebody alert the colony fleet that their home civilization is being destroyed and recall them? Surely the giant hub ship has got to have tons of weapons, they wouldn't send it into an alien galaxy without as much firepower as possible in case they found a hostile species.

The trip is one way and involves putting the crew into cryostasis for six hundred years. It launched some time before the invasion and is almost entirely automated. Even if they could call the ships back, it would take the better part of a year at minimum and get them little more than additional cannon fodder. Better to leave some hope for continuing the galaxy's species out there than let the Reapers have such total victory.