Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Equilibrium
Mar 19, 2003

by exmarx
People are streaming For Honor on Twitch and the game looks dope as hell when the connection isn't poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
It's really quite good. The different characters are actually different which I personally didn't expect. And they're pretty deep too, having their own combos, special moves and special properties.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Western Souls-fanbase bias in strong effect here.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
This is the key points from the feedback, remember this doesn't mean things will actually be adjusted as they've stated in interviews, just that these were the most common points:

quote:

OVERALL
• Fine tune the game balance and pace
• Adjust RPG elements such as player growth and armor parameters
• Further improvements to clarify the interface and make it easier to use

DETAILS
■ Tutorials
• Implement a training stage for tutorials on basic controls and core game actions.

■ Action & Controls
• Revise the TPS controls
• Add and adjust samurai skills
• Adjust the player damage/defeat
• Adjust the methods and performance of lowering the enemy stamina
• Adjust the weight and agility of armor

■ Level Design/Stages
• Adjust position of enemies including the Twilight Missions
• Adjust enemy detection issues
• Adjust collision such as dropping edges

■ Enemies
• Adjust strength and attack power of enemies
• Adjust the AI tracking ability and groupthink
• Add Boss attack variations in the Twilight Missions
• Revise superarmor (stagger/no stagger) and homing abilities

■ RPG
• Expand the maximum number of items (overall and per item)
• Adjust the amount of armor items dropped
• Expand the functions of the Blacksmith, adjust the requirements of Re-Forge and Soul Match
• Implement items when player level is reset
• Revise each type of reward

■ UI
• Improve each type of interface and usability
• Expand the tutorial

■ Camera
• Improve camera behavior in areas of bad visibility and inclines
• Add the ON/OFF option for camera autocorrect

■ Online
• Adjust Revenant drops
• Improve the enemy attack behavior during co-op play
• Fix enemy transparency bugs
• Allow movies to be skipped after the Boss is obliterated in co-op play

■ Other
• Stabilize the frame rate of image optimization
• Fix various problems and bugs

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
http://wccftech.com/niohs-game-director-the-game-will-take-70-hours-on-average-no-plans-for-pc-release-currently/

How long do you expect it will take players to complete the game, on average?

Yasuda: It will take on average around 70 hours.

Koei Tecmo recently ported a lot of games to the PC platform, and there’s already a petition for Nioh. Is there a chance you might release the game on PC at some point?

Yasuda: We currently do not have any plans to release Nioh for PC.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

To save the world from the expanding Zone.
That is really sad; I'd love to run it at 60 in movie mode.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
On one hand I'm disappointed more people won't be able to play, on the other I'm selfishly contented that my investment in a Bloodborne Box continues to pay off.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

On one hand I'm disappointed more people won't be able to play, on the other I'm selfishly contented that my investment in a Bloodborne Box continues to pay off.

yeah, I also like it when developers don't have to do all the extra work of making it work on different hardware. Developing for one set of hardware is much simpler. yeah you can always outsource porting, but that's a whole 'nother can of worms.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Nioh will have PS4 Pro support and will be published by Sony in North America and Europe so I'm fairly positive that rules out a PC port.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Wait why is the action mode the same for each.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Yodzilla posted:

Wait why is the action mode the same for each.

I imagine the PS4pro will probably have a more consistent 60 FPS, but yeah that's a weird infograpghic.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Hopefully it'll be the same resolution and also 60 but with more graphical features enabled.

e: not that I'm going to get a PS4 Pro or play this game on a 4K TV

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Old trailer with some new stuff in it
https://youtu.be/WsXnJUP99jc

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I took me this long to realize the game is just William fighting stand users. But no stand is a pink lightning shiba so it's actually better.

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

I really hope this game is actually 70 hours long content wise. Im super psyched to chop up fools.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Monolith. posted:

I really hope this game is actually 70 hours long content wise. Im super psyched to chop up fools.

That is an interesting metric since IIRC they mentioned at some point that there'd be around 20 stages in the full game? I'd say it took me ~2 hours to beat the two beta stages (never did the alpha second stage) so assuming every stage in the game is about the same length I'm still not sure how you'd go above 50, even if the difficulty kept ramping up. Though maybe with twilight versions of stages I guess I could see it.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

lets hang out posted:

Anyone know what yokai the giant skeleton with 6 arms is?

EDIT: Oh according to Reddit it's a Gashadokuro

RatHat fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 4, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Policenaut posted:

Nioh will have PS4 Pro support and will be published by Sony in North America and Europe so I'm fairly positive that rules out a PC port.

Pro support is super cool, and I'm real glad Nioh has actual graphics options in a console game :aaa:

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:

lets hang out posted:

:getin: as gently caress

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Nioh is getting a digital deluxe edition and some pre-order bonuses.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Have they said what the season pass is supposed to get you

Monolith.
Jan 28, 2011

lets hang out posted:

Have they said what the season pass is supposed to get you

Assuming its not horse armor, I bet its most likely worth it. I can't wait for this game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's a Koei-Tecmo game so there's a very real chance it'll be tacky overpriced crap.

Chachi
Jan 7, 2006
Blue sparks and big fucking shells.

:dukedog:
What are the chances that we'll be able to get the deluxe edition without buying digital? I like having physical copies :shobon:

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
SCEA has a stupid policy about not allowing game discs being produced for games without English VA. Since this game is intentionally half in english and half in japanese I don't know if it triggers this rule or not but it wouldn't be the first time KT publishes a game digital only.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Belzac posted:

SCEA has a stupid policy about not allowing game discs being produced for games without English VA. Since this game is intentionally half in english and half in japanese I don't know if it triggers this rule or not but it wouldn't be the first time KT publishes a game digital only.

blazblue CF has no english and it has a disc

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

blazblue CF has no english and it has a disc

As does the Attack on Titan game. They've clearly relaxed those restrictions.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

That clause has always been bullshit because there's games dating back as far as the PS2 era that came out on physical with only Japanese voice tracks.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
Probably depends on how much the publisher is willing to grease the wheels.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Hasn't every Yakuza game after he first one not had any English voice acting? Those definitely had disks pressed for NA.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Policenaut posted:

That clause has always been bullshit because there's games dating back as far as the PS2 era that came out on physical with only Japanese voice tracks.

Yeah but PS2 era didn't really have digital releases so that wasn't even an option

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Belzac posted:

That hasn't been a thing since PS2 days, every KT Warriors game apart from Dynasty has no English VA and gets a disc. Also all the Yakuza games since the first one (5 was digital only though)etc.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
The specific games I was thinking of that didn't get discs were PS3 games including DW: Gundam Reborn, DW7 Empires, and the first two Pirate Warriors games, I believe.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They all got discs here so that's entirely on the US branch I guess, but that's way more KT's decision and not wanting to risk physical copies of niche titles rather than any kind of Sony mandate.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
SCEA means Sony Computer Entertainment of AMERICA.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
https://www.destructoid.com/warriors-orochi-3-coming-to-psn-due-to-japanese-voiceover-221924.phtml

Press release showing I'm not a crazy person.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yakuza 3 was released on a disc in the US with Japanese only language track in 2010, as were 4 and Dead Souls a few years later, so :shrug:

It's possible they had special dispensations for some publishers, though I don't know if Sega would have had much clout by that point, and I know they used to do it at some point, hence the atrocious amateur dubs in things like Chaos Wars.

Anyway, there's zero chance of it affecting Nioh these days.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The rewards for clearing the alpha and the beta have been revealed. Another neat feature is that the game has a vanity system for its gear, so you can change your good stat gear to look like any other gear you want while keeping the stats intact!

You can watch the recorded stream here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD29IDN-m1I

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

looks like dodges in both high and low stance ki pulse now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
A reason to use low stance? My feedback was worth it!