Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.

Not a Step posted:

I doubt Comey changed many minds. Anyone who already through Hillary was a corrupt piece of poo poo already had that confirmed repeatedly by previous leaks. Anyone who was dumb enough to believe everything was a nothingburger and Abuela Did Nothing Wrong was already well practiced at calling everything a vast right wing conspiracy.

Comey's October surprise was probably the only true nothingburger of the entire campaign.

"Like with a cloth or something?"

Oh, Meemaw! :3:

logikv9 posted:

Eh, I'm not as pessimistic and I think the dems could change from this. The beating they took was extraordinary and they're obviously looking to new blood and try and rework, rejuvenate the party.

over time will it slowly change back to their old ways? yeah sure probably. but I think generally the fact that they were way too full of themselves has shown that nothing should be taken for granted

Call me an optimist, but I think it is a case of taking one step back to take two forward.

GlobglogGroAbgalab has issued a correction as of 04:11 on Nov 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

MrCussMustard posted:

Too many people chose to protest the presidential election by not showing up. Going forward, we need to make clear to anyone we speak to, whether they are on board with our ideals or not, that the best place to make your point, whether by voting for or against a party or not voting for any party (or at all), is at the polls, and not at home, sitting on your couch.

Enough people abstained to vote for president while voting for the downballots in Michigan to make a difference in the race. The idea that people who "don't vote don't matter" is bupkis. People abstain from voting because neither party is offering them anything substantial. We had 52% turnout for the presidential race. When are Democrats going to get a drat clue and realize that there are way more non-voters they could be courting than Neocons or "moderate Republicans?"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Enough people abstained to vote for president while voting for the downballots in Michigan to make a difference in the race. The idea that people who "don't vote don't matter" is bupkis. People abstain from voting because neither party is offering them anything substantial. We had 52% turnout for the presidential race. When are Democrats going to get a drat clue and realize that there are way more non-voters they could be courting than Neocons or "moderate Republicans?"

When they have a better candidate probably

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
Thank you. I have nothing to add to this.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

euphronius posted:

Better for who? I don't think that a majority has ever been accurately polled in my lifetime. I know what I know is better, and I feel deep down that most agree. But whether I am right or wrong is immaterial. We need to get people to the polls. I believe that we will be vindicated by the results.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
By the way, Joe Biden's birthday is coming up.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

euphronius posted:

We need better candidates. The DNC should have been purged of every Clintonite a week after the election, but Donna Brazile is desperately clinging to interim power and refuses to give up her seat. Schumer is the minority leader, and he's going to be the Senate Democrats' sugar daddy. We have to start organizing campaigns to primary all of them right now. You can't give these people a chance after they lost the easiest election in history by constantly compromising with Republicans on destructive neoliberal policies. If Schumer and his ilk get swept back into power 4 years from now, then the whole cycle is just going to start over again. Only next time we might get somebody even worse than Trump.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Concordat posted:

By the way, Joe Biden's birthday is coming up.

Uncle Joe has had it rough. I feel really bad about his son still. I hope he knows that he's not just a joke to us, and that our jokes are merely a sign of our sincere affection. He's always seemed like a pretty good and regular guy, like one of us.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

We need better candidates. The DNC should have been purged of every Clintonite a week after the election, but Donna Brazile is desperately clinging to interim power and refuses to give up her seat. Schumer is the minority leader, and he's going to be the Senate Democrats' sugar daddy. We have to start organizing campaigns to primary all of them right now. You can't give these people a chance after they lost the easiest election in history by constantly compromising with Republicans on destructive neoliberal policies. If Schumer and his ilk get swept back into power 4 years from now, then the whole cycle is just going to start over again. Only next time we might get somebody even worse than Trump.

A better candidate will not be stopped by clintonites and schumarians.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I will eat my loving hat if the Democrats reform well enough to win future elections. They're too married to money and power to ever change.

The rule of the land is that Republicans are evil, and Democrats are incompetent. Now, and forever.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hit it pretty much on the nose. But Bernie (Keith) has made massive strides in only two weeks. So I remain optimistic (lol I have no choice)

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I've been calling my reps and telling their assistants that Brazile needs to resign in shame and why. They just chuckle under their breath and awkwardly say "Okay...." and then say they'll pass the message along.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you think Brazille sucks maybe you shouldn't have chased out DWS??

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Pollyanna posted:

I will eat my loving hat if the Democrats reform well enough to win future elections. They're too married to money and power to ever change.

The rule of the land is that Republicans are evil, and Democrats are incompetent. Now, and forever.

Where to next then? Libertarian party? Green party? Where do we go? Or do we just relax and enjoy as we become a one party system?

Suck it up, buttercup.

euphronius posted:

Zero tolerance for either. Besides, Brazile's sins occurred before she became chair, and that appointment likely was a reward for those sins. If only another email leak could prove or disprove this.

Give me Bernie. If he won't do it, I will heed his consul.

GlobglogGroAbgalab has issued a correction as of 04:31 on Nov 19, 2016

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

MrCussMustard posted:

To be fair, Clinton / Lieberman were out against gangster rap / violent video games in the past. Supposedly Clinton blamed the man who made Innocence of Muslims for the attack in Benghazi, and after the attack on Mother Emmanuel called for the Confederate battle flag to be banned. All of these things were attacks on civil liberties, and they were exactly the reason the Democrats (most especially Clinton) have freaked me out in the past, and exactly the reason I abstained from the presidential election, although I did vote on every other issue.

E: Sorry to keep commenting on posts that are several pages past, I'm trying to catch up, I swear.

good sweet lol u didn't vote for Hillary because she threatened your video games twenty years ago

would u have voted for trump if he had promised to eliminate diaper tax and broccoli?

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

theflyingexecutive posted:

good sweet lol u didn't vote for Hillary because she threatened your video games twenty years ago

would u have voted for trump if he had promised to eliminate diaper tax and broccoli?

The point is to do with good and bad art and first amendment rights. Freedom of expression.

lol if you don't understand why the first amendment is the first.

lol if you don't realize that these examples cover a period of 25 years.

GlobglogGroAbgalab has issued a correction as of 04:37 on Nov 19, 2016

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

lol yeah let's activate people who only vote if u go directly to their house and stroke their balls and tell them they're a good boy. Def not a waste of time and effort

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

MrCussMustard posted:

The point is to do with good and bad art and first amendment rights. Freedom of expression.

lol it's past your bedtime mister

Jhanez
Feb 27, 2007

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE

lol yeah let's activate people who only vote if u go directly to their house and stroke their balls and tell them they're a good boy. Def not a waste of time and effort

you could also continue to lose

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

euphronius posted:

dws was worse than brazile

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrCussMustard posted:

Supposedly Clinton blamed the man who made Innocence of Muslims for the attack in Benghazi, and after the attack on Mother Emmanuel called for the Confederate battle flag to be banned.

Not to nitpick but the person who orchestrated the attacks did admit to being motivated by the video and I think it should be banned.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lmao if you think the flag of the traitorous secessionists shouldn't be torn down

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Venom Snake posted:

Not to nitpick but the person who orchestrated the attacks did admit to being motivated by the video and I think it should be banned.

I respect that you would feel that way, but only objectionable expression is in need of protection.

Although I do find the video and the man who made it to be scummy.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Hillary has had a long record of sucking. Sorry for it being pointed out.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lmao if you think the flag of the traitorous secessionists shouldn't be torn down

You miss the point.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Fuckin dozens of diplomats and civilians were injured or killed in the riots surrounding innocence of muslims on 9/10 and 9/11 and was made by a dude who tricked people into making it for him. He should have and did go to jail

Hillary never wanted to ban the confederate flag, she said it was bad and shouldn't be on government buildings

But yeah Hillary was definitely the enemy of first amendment rights against the guy who wants to implement U.K.-style libel and slander laws

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

All the things people have said for years about the Republican Party have come true about the Democrats: their party is just in it for the money, they don't care about electing people, they don't represent any voter interest, they're going to eventually die out.

All 100% completely true about the Democratic Party.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

MrCussMustard posted:

I respect that you would feel that way, but only objectionable expression is in need of protection.

Although I do find the video and the man who made it to be scummy.

I Civil War reenacted for most of my life (parents) and nothing associated with the confederate flag is in anyway worthy of praise or idolization.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Fuckin dozens of diplomats and civilians were injured or killed in the riots surrounding innocence of muslims on 9/10 and 9/11 and was made by a dude who tricked people into making it for him. He should have and did go to jail

Hillary never wanted to ban the confederate flag, she said it was bad and shouldn't be on government buildings

But yeah Hillary was definitely the enemy of first amendment rights against the guy who wants to implement U.K.-style libel and slander laws

I respect your right to disagree with me. :)

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Venom Snake posted:

I Civil War reenacted for most of my life (parents) and nothing associated with the confederate flag is in anyway worthy of praise or idolization.

And I agree with you.

Subjunctivitis
Oct 12, 2007
Causation or Correlation?

MrCussMustard posted:

Call me an optimist, but I think it is a case of taking one step back to take two forward.

I agree. I believe that's the silver lining to a Trump presidency and making meager congressional headway.

I didn't really see what kind of organization and effort went into GOP structuring in '08/'09 aside from the Tea Party, what with facing a Dem prez and Dem senate. I'd like to see how the Dems compare going forward. I sure hope I can get my hands on some sweet Soros-bucks out of this one.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Grondoth posted:

Hillary has had a long record of sucking. Sorry for it being pointed out.

She sucks on some things, she rules on most things

But yeah def a justification for not voting for president. I don't give a flying gently caress for whom you vote, but there is no way two candidates are equally bad in equal ways such that you say "gently caress it, I'll let someone else decide for me!" like you can't pick which flavor of ice cream you want so you leave it up to your mom

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
It amazes me that, out of all the things you could be doing with your time and effort, some of you seem fixated on chasing out a person who's going to be leaving in three months anyway.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

My Ancestor took part in burning Georgia to go against that flag.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

MrCussMustard posted:

You miss the point.

As did you. She didn't call for a legal ban but commended South Carolina for taking it down and retailers who stopped selling it. She was right.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hillary was a shite candidate that ran a piss poor campaign. My present grief begins and ends with her there.

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

I really didn't mean to start a flap about flags. I'm not for flying the confederate flag. I just recognize that it is a person's constitutional right to do so.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Darkman Fanpage posted:

wow you want to tear down the american flag??

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

MrCussMustard posted:

I really didn't mean to start a flap about flags. I'm not for flying the confederate flag. I just recognize that it is a person's constitutional right to do so.

i agree with this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

wow you want to tear down the american flag??

:drat:

Modus Pwnens posted:

As did you. She didn't call for a legal ban but commended South Carolina for taking it down and retailers who stopped selling it. She was right.

Fair enough.

I fully agree with pulling it down from any property that has its upkeep paid with tax dollars, btw.

Please don't crucify me, you guys. Thank you in advance.

GlobglogGroAbgalab has issued a correction as of 04:52 on Nov 19, 2016

• Locked thread