Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
its very strange flurry is an attack. i mean flavor wise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

MMF Freeway posted:

Info about it releases in like 3 hours

Cool, I picked a good time to randomly inquire

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
in hindsight the idea to use varunastra with blade flurry might be actually overkill :stare:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
I just hope they don't overreact when they nerf the poo poo out of it, I like the skill itself a lot

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
OK when did Cospri's Malice get up to 9ex? Makes me want to sell the one I bought for 1ex early in the league. Too bad it's too fun to do that.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
If Blade Flurry lasts til 2.5 un-nerfed, will it be the biggest Flavor of the League skill ever?
- Apparently OP as all get-out
- New, so most players will also want to try it for the novelty
- "Melee" so people who've been scared of melee builds finally have an excuse to try them out
- Seems to excel at both boss-killing and clearing rather than being sub-par at one or the other
- Could probably fit into a lot of potential builds even before taking into account that it being OP means builds that will get no use of it if it's nerfed will still be able to run it just fine
- In the right build, will do good work in a 4-link as things stand, so can be flexibly slotted into a lot of non-BF builds too

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
It's definitely new meta if it doesn't get changed. It completely supersedes reave from what I've been seeing, and doesn't require a vaal skill to match reave's aoe.

It will almost certainly get changed in some way. Hopefully they'll fix up blight too, because it looks and feels like garbage.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://www.pathofexile.com/breach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cN82BoHQJHM

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Seems pretty standard. A new enemy encounter type that leads to new bosses with new unique loots. I like the theme though.

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?
Some decent info here. http://www.gamepedia.com/news/1332-5-important-things-to-know-about-path-of-exiles

36 challenges gets you demon wings.

Drunk Badger
Aug 27, 2012

Trained Drinking Badger
A Faithful Companion

Grimey Drawer
RF Totem still seems like a decent build in 2.5.0? That new unique shield is giving me horrible ideas

J
Jun 10, 2001

lurksion posted:

OK when did Cospri's Malice get up to 9ex? Makes me want to sell the one I bought for 1ex early in the league. Too bad it's too fun to do that.

People started figuring out how to really abuse it.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

Seems pretty hard to do in a 1 month league.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
It's a 3 month league...:confused:

Glad to hear Blade Flurry is OP as gently caress and hope it stays that way, because I'm thinking of making a max block/bleed Gladiator.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

https://www.twitch.tv/aggnog/v/101787467

Ahahahahaha good skill.

For those who don't want to watch the whole video: Incredibly well geared ED/Contagion Occultist running 3 curses, 13000 ES, and two 6-links tries a lvl 18 6-link Blight in Dried Lake. It takes him 20 full seconds of standing there and casting to kill Voll.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Oh, I could have sworn that they wanted to do a 1 month league. Not entirely sure if the gimmick is good enough to entertain for a whole 3 month league, but we'll see.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

Eezee posted:

Oh, I could have sworn that they wanted to do a 1 month league. Not entirely sure if the gimmick is good enough to entertain for a whole 3 month league, but we'll see.

After about the first month of any league, the number of players drops sharply. I would like to see shorter leagues but that would force them to come up with new content much faster than they're able to at the moment. The new skills have gotten some people playing Essence again, but it's mostly for testing before Reach begins.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
There were rumors of a 1 month challenge league but it looks like they probably replaced it with that racing weekend thing? I totally remember there being rumblings of a 1-monther.

Tenacious J
Nov 20, 2002

I haven't played this game before, but will try it now. Looks like something big is coming in 2 weeks though.. Either way, I want to play now. What are some ideas (character builds? modes? mods?) that would be a fun way to play this game as a totally new player right now?

Hippyflip
Mar 21, 2014
Hey havent played poe in awhile im just wondering when this league ends and the next starts?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks for the tips everyone. I'm trying to get the "Play More" bit down but outside of my longer stints on my days off I'm not squeezing much time into this game quite yet. I will hopefully be a more powerful gamer in 2 weeks when Breach League starts. Also is it just me or is the $60 Breach Supporter Pack some really insanely good value? $55 of points along with cosmetics that are probably like $15 on their own seems really good

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
The supporter packs are always great deals if you enjoy the specific cosmetics. Cosmetics are super expensive in this game, and as you've noted you get almost the full value of points.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Hippyflip posted:

Hey havent played poe in awhile im just wondering when this league ends and the next starts?

Ends 28. Starts 2.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tenacious J posted:

I haven't played this game before, but will try it now. Looks like something big is coming in 2 weeks though.. Either way, I want to play now. What are some ideas (character builds? modes? mods?) that would be a fun way to play this game as a totally new player right now?

Blade Flurry with a claw, class and build should be irrelevant because for two weeks it shouldn't be nerfed

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Ultima66 posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/aggnog/v/101787467

Ahahahahaha good skill.

For those who don't want to watch the whole video: Incredibly well geared ED/Contagion Occultist running 3 curses, 13000 ES, and two 6-links tries a lvl 18 6-link Blight in Dried Lake. It takes him 20 full seconds of standing there and casting to kill Voll.

The entire point of Blight is that the damage stacks. There isn't a single cast speed node on that tree.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

So, I want to jump on the Blade Flurry bandwagon, but I don't know what to really go for passive-wise or gear wise.

I have some good options, namely two Varunastras and a Carcass Jack, but I have no idea where to start, what ascendancy to go with, or passives.

I mostly play casters, the closes i've done to melee builds are a Mjolner build and a CoC cyclone.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Bluemillion posted:

The entire point of Blight is that the damage stacks. There isn't a single cast speed node on that tree.

It benefits linearly from stacking, a contagion build switching over will be pretty close to as good as the skill can get. Cast speed is most likely the place to eke more damage out of it, but it also looks like supporting essence drain with wither would be a better use of your time. Maybe there's a unique item or support gem interaction the dude is missing though, that'd make Blight shine :shrug:

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

akkristor posted:

So, I want to jump on the Blade Flurry bandwagon, but I don't know what to really go for passive-wise or gear wise.

I have some good options, namely two Varunastras and a Carcass Jack, but I have no idea where to start, what ascendancy to go with, or passives.

I mostly play casters, the closes i've done to melee builds are a Mjolner build and a CoC cyclone.

I saw one thread where a guy test ran blade flurry on his coc cyclone and it worked pretty well just substituting it in. Attacks fast for good procs, good single target hits via the stacks mechanic and hilariously low mana cost. Downside was the stopping to channel it but it seemed alright if you are on the ball about playing a little more dynamically between cast and movement skills.

baby puzzle
Jun 3, 2011

I'll Sequence your Storm.
So in the new league, you click a thing and mobs appear. What a unique idea for POE.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

baby puzzle posted:

So in the new league, you click a thing and mobs appear. What a unique idea for POE.

At least they put some effort into the filler leagues between expansions now, remember Slightly Faster Monsters League?

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

baby puzzle posted:

Well if you use that reductive a description, no league counts as interesting...

Seems fine to me, it's a mix of beyond/rampage, fated uniques v2, and the usual boss summon via farmable items that they've used since atziri since it works well.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I dropped a Blade Flurry into my Lacerate 5l and it feels so much better already. What would a Flurry 5L that's pure phys look like? Flurry/Melee Phys/Faster Attacks/Fortify/?

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
I want to make a Blade Flurry character to mess around, but I have a feeling it has nerfs incoming.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Is there like a test server/realm you can play on with increased drop rates.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Cerepol posted:

there is an alpha server run by ggg, invite only

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Cerepol posted:

GGG will be releasing those user-custom servers they promised back in Alpha any day now

uhhhhahhhhohahhh
Oct 9, 2012

megalodong posted:

Well if you use that reductive a description, no league counts as interesting...

Seems fine to me, it's a mix of beyond/rampage, fated uniques v2, and the usual boss summon via farmable items that they've used since atziri since it works well.

I wish they'd do something a bit different but if you think about it, there's not a lot they can do other than monsters having more stats, scary monsters that attack you or lots or scary monsters that only attack you when you click something.

I'd much rather the breaches happened on top of you at least once a zone without any input from you as well, so it's more like Invasion +the best league) and less like a strongbox

J
Jun 10, 2001

Cerepol posted:

Once you've played enough challenge leagues eventually all the characters and crap you have in standard becomes a test server of sorts. :frog:

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

baby puzzle posted:

If you read up on the shards, breach boss drops and breach boss mapping it's actually pretty unique. Essences is "click on this dude, kill him and you get a new thing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Also keep in mind that every other league is supposed to be a small update so GGG can spend more time on the bigger patches, which in this case is 3.0. And 3.0 hits in like 15 weeks.

• Locked thread