Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Teodor's Uncle just got hosed up and he's not even there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This kind of convoluted ownage reminds me of what a middle school nerd thinks is a cool comeback against bullies.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
oh also someone posted this link in another forum but Neiman Marcus basically has their own take on eBay Platinum Reserve

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
I'm sorry, Neiman Marcus, but a Cobalt Valkyrie-X private plane in rose gold still doesn't compare to Airwolf.

Edit: may I also remind everyone that "I have Airwolf. This is not code language. I am flying Airwolf because I own Airwolf. Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment" is so good, guys.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

MMAgCh posted:

I'm sorry, Neiman Marcus, but a Cobalt Valkyrie-X private plane in rose gold still doesn't compare to Airwolf.

Edit: may I also remind everyone that "I have Airwolf. This is not code language. I am flying Airwolf because I own Airwolf. Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment" is so good, guys.

I was literally typing up the same thing.

"I have Airwolf. This is not code language. I am flying Airwolf because I own Airwolf. Nothing else I could say would make more sense given what I own and what I am doing at this moment." is just like, peak achewood.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
That little arc also gave us Philippe admonishing a woman for not wearing a bra while having crummy boobs

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I liked the ones where onstad picks up ray and roast beef

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

oh also someone posted this link in another forum but Neiman Marcus basically has their own take on eBay Platinum Reserve

Why is it 100k for children's books?

Oh because they're first printings from the 40s that you will never let your kid actually touch

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shibawanko posted:

I liked the ones where onstad picks up ray and roast beef

Don't pick them up, what the hell man!?!

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
All this recent Teodor hating has me down. Let's never forget that despite being mopey and too big for his weird-looking britches sometimes, Teodor knows what's what:

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Onstad's relationship with Trump has been a rich comedic vein for at least a decade now. It doesn't really put things in order, but any grieving parties could certainly do worse than reading Onstad's epic sandwich duel in the New Yorker. A duel in which a certain president elect happened to feature in.

http://www.newyorker.com/cartoons/cartoon-lounge/the-duel-part-9

quote:

A few days prior to the booking, I had my phone ringer set to go off like usual, but then out of the blue I got the little “voice mail” ping, meaning someone had somehow bypassed the system. When I checked the message, I heard a very high-quality recording, obviously done in a sound booth:

“This is Donald Trump. Thanks for having me in for lunch. I know it will be nothing less than the best. In fact, it will be extraordinary."

At this point, a very, very high quality MIDI of Pachelbel’s Canon in D Major faded in, and then quickly out, as a live assistant finished the call. Eleana asked me if I owned or leased my restaurant, how much of my personal music library I considered unacceptable to Mr. Trump, and other questions that seemed oddly malformed to fit around the concept of The Don. Caught off guard by the moment, I agreed to have Donald Trump and a “world class” staff in for lunch at Up Zach’s this Tuesday last.

Because it is illegal to land a helicopter in my neighborhood, Trump’s staff had to pull special permits to close down both the street and a few nearby families during his stay. I was dressed in black tails, and my wife had given me an extremely thin greasepaint mustache, as outlined in the contract (tip: draw it along the edge of a sheet of strong paper that is cut like the roof of a house). The Don’s lunch had already been prepared and sat under a special silver-lidded tray, because he had a meeting with Steve [Jobs] and Google [Steve’s border collie] in half an hour (I had been assured that this was the situation no matter what time I suggested for the reservation).......

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

quote:

Donald Trump has class the way ants have testicles.

:allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:siren: New Strip is up! :siren:

Despite the sirens I'm not really feeling this one, beyond the,"Hoody covers all" panel which I think is nicely timed/placed.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

:siren: New Strip is up! :siren:

Despite the sirens I'm not really feeling this one, beyond the,"Hoody covers all" panel which I think is nicely timed/placed.

Beef being happy looked appropriately hosed up and wrong

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
hee hee hee!

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
There's a (mildly :nws:) story for Ray in today’s Mirror.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Tenterhooks posted:

There's a (mildly :nws:) story for Ray in today’s Mirror.

Ray's thing with the cakes and the sitting is one of the funniest parts of Achewood to me. :allears:

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I just have to wonder, has this been a thing for longer time or did Onstad accidentally create a fetish back in the day?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Laputanmachine posted:

I just have to wonder, has this been a thing for longer time or did Onstad accidentally create a fetish back in the day?

I could swear cake farts dot com has been around since before.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I remember seeing it on Portal of Evil like 15 years ago, so it was definitely already a thing.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Cake farts is practically as old as the internet.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Rollersnake posted:

I remember seeing it on Portal of Evil like 15 years ago, so it was definitely already a thing.

:hfive:

Portal of Evil is how I was introduced to SA.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

withak posted:

Cake farts is practically as old as the internet.

Wait, I thought Cakefarts.com was started by a goon. I remember a thread

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

prefect posted:

Ray's thing with the cakes and the sitting is one of the funniest parts of Achewood to me. :allears:

That panel of him dropping the sock always cracks me up.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I have a signed strip that's the birthday cake mashing one.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Johnny Aztec posted:

Wait, I thought Cakefarts.com was started by a goon. I remember a thread

I remember the thread and thinking "didn't I see this years ago" when I saw the thread.

Edit: I am not proud of this.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That strip's fine but I do share others' concerns from a few pages back about Chris turning into a weed guy.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Hey, the dude has to deal with depression, breakup, and the fact that he's living in a world where saying things like "The only gay dude I'M marryin' is a dumb broad with a big veiny rack" is probably no longer disqualifying for a presidential campaign

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

tacodaemon posted:

Hey, the dude has to deal with depression, breakup, and the fact that he's living in a world where saying things like "The only gay dude I'M marryin' is a dumb broad with a big veiny rack" is probably no longer disqualifying for a presidential campaign

Which leads to one of my all-time favourite Achewoods.

"Remember when he made headlines by messin' up his taxes so bad he almost got lethal injection" never fails to crack me up completely.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

Der Shovel posted:

Which leads to one of my all-time favourite Achewoods.

"Remember when he made headlines by messin' up his taxes so bad he almost got lethal injection" never fails to crack me up completely.

Jesus, Todd would've been the perfect VP pick for this election cycle

Maybe we should Black Mirror it and elect Philippe in 2020 even though he's constitutionally ineligible and also a cartoon character

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

That strip's fine but I do share others' concerns from a few pages back about Chris turning into a weed guy.

Did Chris move to Portland... for weed reasons?!

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Have you read the strip? He was always a weed guy.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Stoned Lightning is a good name. Stone Lightning would be good too.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Chickenwalker posted:

Have you read the strip? He was always a weed guy.

Actually have YOU ever read the strip, onstad was a selfloathing alcoholic and now he's a guy wearing a NORML shirt and talking about his vape rig.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Do you think when Onstad goes out to eat he throws a big fit if somebody tells him he isn't allowed to vape inside the restaurant.

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Do you think when Onstad goes out to eat he throws a big fit if somebody tells him he isn't allowed to vape inside the restaurant.

If he does, it's in an internal self-loathing way where he has imaginary arguments with a large cast of restaurant employees of increasing rank.

All anyone will see is a slowly reddening man who looks alternately sad and angry.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Yeah, the amount of weed jokes since achewood returned > the amount of weed jokes in the strips prior 11 year run

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Onstad is at the "American Beauty" phase of the sad middle-age dad lifecycle. sadly, that is also the penultimate phase

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

Yeah, the amount of weed jokes since achewood returned > the amount of weed jokes in the strips prior 11 year run

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Onstad is at the "American Beauty" phase of the sad middle-age dad lifecycle. sadly, that is also the penultimate phase

What's the final phase? :ohdear:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well, have you seen American Beauty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

My Lovely Horse posted: