Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Wow these must be the smallest bantamweights ever if Leslie Smith towers over them like that.

Tweet vs Anderson - that's a good fight. An Australian vs a fighter from Saskatchewan, which is Canada's Australia.

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
This is the first time I've really heard Leslie Smith talk outside of her yelling obscenities at judges and referees and wow, they all really do talk like that at Cesar Gracie, huh.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Congrats to Charmaine Tweet on splitting from her husband, commiserations to her for getting sparked out by Megan Anderson.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

That was an extremely fun two minutes of grappling.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Amber Brown had a lot of heart, but Ashley Yoder had a sick armbar

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Knew Yoder was going to win as soon as the tale of the tape showed this:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Another one said something like "Thinks mozzarella is bullshit"

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
If Angela hill retains here she probably needs like one more defense to punch her ticket back to the UFC. She seems to have really improved her game in Invicta.

And going on to a possible 10 fight win streak it's ridiculous that Evinger hasn't been given a shot in the UFC.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Le Saboteur posted:

If Angela hill retains here she probably needs like one more defense to punch her ticket back to the UFC. She seems to have really improved her game in Invicta.

And going on to a possible 10 fight win streak it's ridiculous that Evinger hasn't been given a shot in the UFC.

I almost posted something like that two weeks ago but then I noticed that Evinger lost to Raquel Pennington on TUF. My sense is that Evinger is probably waiting until she's given a title shot in the UFC, and is content to get paid to crush cans until then.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm pretty sure Evinger and the Fertittas or Joe Shelby or someone loving hate each other, but I'm sure if Evinger really wanted into the UFC, she could probably get there. I think she's said she'd rather not make the move.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

There's also some bad blood between her and Sean Shelby apparently.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

lmao Joe Shelby, what the gently caress is wrong with me.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

If Ronda had kept winning she probably would have, but with the belt going through four pairs of hands in less than a year the division is kind of in flux.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Le Saboteur posted:

Evinger spent about half her career being the female Drew Fickett, there's probably any number of people she's said or done something dumb to

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Angie Hill is actually a tough style matchup for JJ, though I don't think that she'd have a good chance at beating anyone else in the top 5 of the division, and there's no way she'd get past Gadelha or JAG.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Training around Dominick Cruz has helped Hill out quite a bit. She seems to be using feints and evasiveness in the style he does.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

CommonShore posted:

Angie Hill is actually a tough style matchup for JJ, though I don't think that she'd have a good chance at beating anyone else in the top 5 of the division, and there's no way she'd get past Gadelha or JAG.

The need to give JJ a credible challenge is so great that I think they can give Hill 1 or 2 cans then feed her to the champion. We don't really need a gatekeeper for SW.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

She's even using the Cruz tactic of throwing back a combo of 3 or 4 strikes if it appears she's been tagged.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm a bit underwhelmed by both Hill and this fight. She's edging out rounds against what is essentially a Brazilian Create-A-Fighter.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Offensively Hill seems a bit more tentative than she has in her past few fights.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Angela Hill is where she belongs - in Invicta, and not the UFC

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I love Tonya's mug shot for the tale of the tape:

"Hey Tonya, I'm just going to give you a bit of eye shadow here so that..."

"So that I can feed it to you?"

"Never mind, Tonya. You look great!"

(it often looks weird to me when the female fighters have eyeliner and makeup and stuff for their mug shots. It works for some but not for others.)

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Wow that was bizarre.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Standing on faces ain't a great armbar defense, apparently

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

The ref had been warning Meideros against face-standing, too.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
lol, win so unexpected they didn't bother to have a Russian translator on-hand

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Le Saboteur posted:

Evinger did an interview where she said that Sean Shelby told her she sucked after her really bad performance on TUF so she preferred to stay in Invicta and beat potential UFC prospects (like Irene Aldana, who is going to fight in the UFC regardless). The question of her moving to the UFC seems to have been taken care of by this random Russian woman though

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

That ref was just trying to gently caress up every fight

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tonya Evinger is still champ of my heart. Shine on, you hot mess.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Le Saboteur posted:

Offensively Hill seems a bit more tentative than she has in her past few fights.
Looked like she burnt herself out on the triangle attempt in the first, she seemed a lot less bouncy after the fight went back to the feet.

That's how she felt herself also, apparently:

And while there were some really strange calls from the refs, yelling at Evinger may not have been one of them:

fatherdog posted:

lol, win so unexpected they didn't bother to have a Russian translator on-hand
Well, she knew a little English at least, so they didn't skip over her entirely like they did when Tiburcio beat Waterson.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Evimger isn't doing anything illegal that gif, did you mean to post another one?

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
She's stomping.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

No she isn't:

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA
The Internet told me she is and I'm going not let some strangers on the Internet tell me otherwise!

But tbh I can see the argument either way. Not going to blame the ref for calling that a stomp, though, with the way she shifts her weight.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Putting your foot on someone and shifting your weight isn't a stomp, otherwise a whole bunch of common poo poo would b illegal.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Apparently Chael is going to be in the booth for the entire Bellator show tonight.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

fatherdog posted:

Apparently Chael is going to be in the booth for the entire Bellator show tonight.

Sold

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

same i think. i could watch lil nog or i could watch poo poo just as irrelevant but with chael talking. and the main event is very sick.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

same i think. i could watch lil nog or i could watch poo poo just as irrelevant but with chael talking. and the main event is very sick.

Both shows are gonna have a shitload of commercials and other bullshit between fights so I'm just gonna flip back and forth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

fatherdog posted:

Both shows are gonna have a shitload of commercials and other bullshit between fights so I'm just gonna flip back and forth

good call