Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
MOM needs to unpack these loving boxes this is getting insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
So Mawile isn't in this game and I have to wait until January? :(

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Jimmy Hats posted:

MOM needs to unpack these loving boxes this is getting insane
I won't judge her too hard, I've spent more time in the Festival Plaza than actually undertaking my Island Trial Journey.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
drat, do I pick A-Rattata or A-Meowth? This is a tough choice.

Edit: Okay just played with Meowth in Refresh and the choice got a lot easier. His smug air is sublime.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh my god you can buy a Big Salad

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
And with Pokemon Refresh, we return to the classic mystery : How does Magnemite eat?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

how the gently caress do you find crabrawler

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

anyway let's talk about how people who nickname their Yungoos "Trump" are the worst people who ever lived

I've released like five already

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Also oh my god the Team Skull theme.

Yeaaah.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

mabels big day posted:

They're common in berry piles. I found 3 on island 1.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Zore posted:

They're common in berry piles. I found 3 on island 1.

what if i took the berries already. can i just not find them until the berries come back?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Dr. Fetus posted:

Guess what, it doesn't stop until the very end. Most of the cutscenes don't even add anything to the "story" and is just a bunch of tutorials and meaningless padding.

god damnit

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

mabels big day posted:

You know how there's piles of fruit laying under some palm trees? pick them up and sometimes a Crabrawler will appear.

Just beat the first ultra beast. Really loving the game, though might be because once more i have so many pokemon rotating in and out that i'm usually a few levels under my opponents. Ahhh i think i'm close to getting Mimikyu!

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Okay, I'm clearly missing something, I've been told by the internet that someone's supposed to by in the cemetery at night handing out TM56, is there some part of the cemetery I don't have access to yet? Speaking of, the Spooky Plate is supposed to be hidden near a "cave" and there's no caves in this cemetery.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I just found one on route 2 in a pile of berries near the pokemon center.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

EclecticTastes posted:

Okay, I'm clearly missing something, I've been told by the internet that someone's supposed to by in the cemetery at night handing out TM56, is there some part of the cemetery I don't have access to yet? Speaking of, the Spooky Plate is supposed to be hidden near a "cave" and there's no caves in this cemetery.

There are multiple cemetaries.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

TFRazorsaw posted:

anyway let's talk about how people who nickname their Yungoos "Trump" are the worst people who ever lived

I've released like five already

I mean they're better than the guy the Pokémon are named after...

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Where's the name rater?

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Zuzie posted:

Where's the name rater?

second island, near the ferry

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Where is Ten Carat Hill? I feel like I keep missing it.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Just south-west of the professor's cabin i think

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it is but you need to be able to break rocks to get there

Deified Data posted:

drat, do I pick A-Rattata or A-Meowth? This is a tough choice.

Edit: Okay just played with Meowth in Refresh and the choice got a lot easier. His smug air is sublime.

you should check out alolan persian before you make any hasty decisions

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Go left from the professors lab. There are some Tauros boulders.

If you played the demo its where the dragon trial took place though there are no dragons there in the full game.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Alolan raticate doesn't get hyper fang until like level 38 and thus deserves The Box

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Zore posted:

Go left from the professors lab. There are some Tauros boulders.

If you played the demo its where the dragon trial took place though there are no dragons there in the full game.

Countblanc posted:

Just south-west of the professor's cabin i think

Oh ok, I didnt check back there.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Zore posted:

There are multiple cemetaries.

Sorry, the Hau'oli Cemetery, I'm not aware of any others in Alola. Serebii.net's claiming the existence of some stuff that I'm just not finding. Maybe it's a Poke Ride thing.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

EclecticTastes posted:

Sorry, the Hau'oli Cemetery, I'm not aware of any others in Alola. Serebii.net's claiming the existence of some stuff that I'm just not finding. Maybe it's a Poke Ride thing.

The TM person's there at night. Not sure about any cave, though.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.
So I have a spare Genesect code n the midst of all this Alola play by play. I can't use it to give the Genesect to someone but if you want the code just let me know who in Alola would be Genesect's best friend and why.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Holy heck Rowlett's idle animation during fights is creepy as gently caress

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I was using the wonder trade to off some trash in ORAS and I got a Ditto with the one non-neutral nature I never got in White. I think that honestly made me happier than any of the hacked legendaries or lv100s I've picked up

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Anyways they seem to have put all the collest pokemon right at the start of the game??? gently caress yeah slowpoke 4 lyfe.

On the other hand I am a little dismayed they didn't use any 3D effects despite the raw muscle of the NEW Nintendo 3DS

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Rowlet during the starter pick ceremony is the cutest thing :3:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Manatee Cannon posted:

it is but you need to be able to break rocks to get there

you should check out alolan persian before you make any hasty decisions

Lol if you think A-Persian hasn't already factored into my decision. Heathcliff is a plus, not a minus.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

Anyways they seem to have put all the collest pokemon right at the start of the game??? gently caress yeah slowpoke 4 lyfe.

On the other hand I am a little dismayed they didn't use any 3D effects despite the raw muscle of the NEW Nintendo 3DS

Maybe I did something wrong, but Slowpoke was underperforming pretty badly for me and got switched out by the 2nd island. I would definitely keep space for a Grimer, Cutiefly and Rockruff (Sun), though.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Jimmy Hats posted:

It's Game Freak. They are technologically inept. The game still has frame drops on a New 3DS.

I'm really liking all the quality of life improvements in this game. There were a couple of features I didn't even know I wanted such as taking items off of wild Pokemon immediately.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I like that that Ilmia can tell that you beat Hala without a Z-Power

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

How does Pichu evolve again?

I had got one at level 5, gave it the soothe bell, raised all it's hearts in refresh to 5, let it sit front row and fight a large amount of battles and it's now level 24 and still just a idiot useless baby.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I had got one at level 5, gave it the soothe bell, raised all it's hearts in refresh to 5, let it sit front row and fight a large amount of battles and it's now level 24 and still just a idiot useless baby.

Happiness is different from affection. Try running in circles, like you were hatching an egg.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
The refresh affection hearts are different from pokemon happiness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Mine popped at 22. I used 2 rare candies along the way and it faced way more battles than it should have. Made sure to keep it full on all the happiness bar things the whole time too and never died. Didn't get soothe bell till it was 18 even.