Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
The only thing that evolves from affection is Eevee. And it also needs a Fairy move on top of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Dumb question, but do the later salons have more hair color options? The first island one just has a lot of various of blonde or brown hair.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Got a level 20 kadabra that still can't attack anything

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

slev posted:

Got a level 20 kadabra that still can't attack anything

It learns Psybeam at the next level, so keep it for a bit longer.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
cutiefly surprisingly wrecking people's faces with acrobatics, inside the small hummingbee is a demon

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Rirse posted:

Dumb question, but do the later salons have more hair color options? The first island one just has a lot of various of blonde or brown hair.

Everything I've read says those are it. Kind of miffed that I can't get real red hair.

At first I hated rotomdex, but I'm kind of enjoying him now. Still having difficulty rationalizing a pokemon that talks. Are there any non-anime precedents for this?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

well, pikachu can say its name :v:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Beachcomber posted:

Everything I've read says those are it. Kind of miffed that I can't get real red hair.

At first I hated rotomdex, but I'm kind of enjoying him now. Still having difficulty rationalizing a pokemon that talks. Are there any non-anime precedents for this?

The Rotom in the professor's lab doesn't talk until it enters the pokedex, so I assume it integrates human language that's been programmed into the pokedex and that's how it talks.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

Same. There are multiple shades of blonde and brown, but no red! As someone with coppery/strawberry blonde hair, my best choice is the "caramel blonde."

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

i wanted green hair

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

does Hau ever get Pokemon other than Pikachu and his starter?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mandatory lesbian posted:

cutiefly surprisingly wrecking people's faces with acrobatics, inside the small hummingbee is a demon

cutiefly is stronk. Mine's gone from a silly 'haha what a cute pokemon' addition to probably a permanent part of my team once it evolves.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I've been staring at Llima for good few minutes trying to figure what he is even doing during the battle.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

His name is Ilima

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Don't worry I also thought "Llima" for a bit before realizing that didn't make much sense

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

I'm confused about Pokémon Stars. Is it only coming to Switch? If so and if it has new pokemon to catch like some articles mused over that will be lame.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

So what's the point of buying drinks from the cafe. As far as I can see my character is actually drinking them instead of stuffing them into her bag to use as healing items

Is it just the beans that the guy sometimes gives you

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

El Burbo posted:

So what's the point of buying drinks from the cafe. As far as I can see my character is actually drinking them instead of stuffing them into her bag to use as healing items

Is it just the beans that the guy sometimes gives you

Yeah, it's the beans and the "tea biscuit" (a random consumable item) they give you once a day. Buying any beyond that doesn't give you anything other than "advice" which I assume as an adult you don't need.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can you backtrack to Melemele island pre-fly? Just got Lapras and wanna surf in the surfable area I found

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

It turns out the reason Kadabra doesn't learn Confusion upon evolving is because of a bug.

Basically what happens is if a Pokemon has less than 4 moves, and is supposed to learn a move upon evolving, the game prioritizes a level 0 move instead, which ends up doing stuff like screwing Kadabra out of Confusion.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

cheetah7071 posted:

Can you backtrack to Melemele island pre-fly? Just got Lapras and wanna surf in the surfable area I found

Yeah, go in the ferry terminal, the building all the way to the left of the street in Heahea City.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah there's a ferry in the building near where the professor dropped you off.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Jarogue posted:

I like that that Ilmia can tell that you beat Hala without a Z-Power

Me too! I wasn't planning on ever using one, but I sure as hell won't now.

Also, I love that you can tell that annoying blonde girl that you don't really want to help her. I mean, I know they are going to force me to help her again but I loved being able to tell her to fix her own problems. Weak rear end do nothing.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

El Burbo posted:

His name is Ilima

El Burbo posted:

Don't worry I also thought "Llima" for a bit before realizing that didn't make much sense

Thank you

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Why is everyone so loving nice in these modern pokemon games. In my day your rival was a jerk.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Can someone repost the encounter tables?

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I can't get anywhere, if I meet Team Skull I just have to listen to the theme for a while.

I need the soundtrack yesterday

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I love the scale of this now that they ditched the grid system. It's so weird in a Pokemon game to be wandering down huge wide roads and going into big houses and buildings that look like people could actually live and work in. You hear Pokemon all the time, you see people hanging out with their Pokemon all the time, it's all very colorful and vibrant. The battles look great too, especially with the trainers giving orders. Did they upgrade a lot of the Pokemon animations? The other 3DS games just seem so stiff and bland in comparison now.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Republicans posted:

Why is everyone so loving nice in these modern pokemon games. In my day your rival was a jerk.

guzma and the chuuni are jerks

spotlessd
Sep 8, 2016

by merry exmarx
Is there something going with shiny encounter rate? Did I really just play through 7 generations of Pokemon games and my first ever shiny is a loving Aloja Rattata?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Republicans posted:

In Hawaii, everyone is super relaxed 99% of the time.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I'm almost shocked how dedicated I am still to Team Dangerous Ladies.

In an hour and a half, I've found two female Stufful and both had Klutz. :smithicide:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

spotlessd posted:

Is there something going with shiny encounter rate? Did I really just play through 7 generations of Pokemon games and my first ever shiny is a loving Aloja Rattata?

They doubled it in Gen VI. No other changes have been made to it in Sun and Moon.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Supremezero posted:

The TM person's there at night. Not sure about any cave, though.

Yeah, except it's presently night, and the TM person isn't there, so either I'm encountering a very specific bug, or more likely, I'm missing something. Where in the graveyard is she supposed to show up? It's a pretty small area, but if I missed some side path, this will at least tell me where it is.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I wasn't expecting lycanroc midday to have the exact stat spread you'd expect it to have

cool

spotlessd
Sep 8, 2016

by merry exmarx

Dr. Fetus posted:

They doubled it in Gen VI. No other changes have been made to it in Sun and Moon.

Wow! Okay just so I'm not completely off my rocker: this Aloja Rattata is reddish brown, appeared with a little sparkle animation, and has a little red star next to his markings. This isn't scripted and there aren't any different colors by gender or anything like that? This is a legit randomly encountered shiny? I guess I have no choice but to love this stupid terrible pokemon.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Dr. Fetus posted:

It turns out the reason Kadabra doesn't learn Confusion upon evolving is because of a bug.

Basically what happens is if a Pokemon has less than 4 moves, and is supposed to learn a move upon evolving, the game prioritizes a level 0 move instead, which ends up doing stuff like screwing Kadabra out of Confusion.

Hm, maybe they should have fixed this bug.

Or

Or maybe

Maybe they shouldn't have Pokemon evolution stages that are functionally useless.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the use of abra is to make you hate yourself when a shiny one breaks out of the ball and teleports away

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

Can someone repost the encounter tables?

http://pastebin.com/YjNi4Qdk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Where can I find the death bears?