Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
Buddy Hield ranks 280 out of 299 in passes per touch. Some players with a higher pass rate: Nick Young, Zach LaVine, Jamal Crawford.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

dokmo posted:

Buddy Hield ranks 280 out of 299 in passes per touch. Some players with a higher pass rate: Nick Young, Zach LaVine, Jamal Crawford.

He fell out of the rotation tonight with Jrue's return, btw.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Jrue thinks he looks dorky with his designer goggles and half the team has made fun of him for them. :mad:

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I love this and the Facebook comments about replacing in god we trust

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I was exaggerating when I ranked the Pacers last for losing to the Sixers but now they got destroyed by the Suns, it might not be much of an exaggeration by the end of this week.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The Kings still would gladly take chucker Buddy Hield

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Just noticed Detroit and Indiana both have losing records, that's a bummer. What's up with the Pistons?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/SacramentoKings/status/799852217465503744

Boogie good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

morestuff posted:

Just noticed Detroit and Indiana both have losing records, that's a bummer. What's up with the Pistons?

They are without their starting pg who is a very key piece to making the offense good

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Ah right, I forgot about Reggie. Looking at their schedule it looks like they've had a relatively tough schedule to start, too

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Pistons are really just trying to tread water until Reggie's back.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Metapod posted:

The thunder toppled the basketball giant known as the nets thanks to the leadership of Oklahoma hall of famer Russell Westbrook

Brook Lopez is insanely loyal to one of the worst teams of all time. He has to have one of the losingest records of any all-star in history.

edit: bbr says he's currently 184-312

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Shame about his team though. Chris Paul absolutely took that game over in the last few minutes.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
Speaking of LaVine and Anthony Randolph a couple pages back: it always amazes me when we can clearly see who the best athletes in the NBA are. Like, basketball players are the top 1 percent of the top 1 percent of human beings when it comes to athleticism and THEN there's a top 1 percent of THOSE guys.

Who are some of the best athletes (not players or skilled individuals, just strictly athletes) of the last 20 years or so? Off the top of my head I can think of Vince, LaVine, Aaron Gordon, Gerald Green.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I remember whatever NBA game I had had Allen Iverson as easily the fastest, if that counts.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

morestuff posted:

Detroit has been doing well at home, but away they just turn into straight poop

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

roundmidnight posted:

Speaking of LaVine and Anthony Randolph a couple pages back: it always amazes me when we can clearly see who the best athletes in the NBA are. Like, basketball players are the top 1 percent of the top 1 percent of human beings when it comes to athleticism and THEN there's a top 1 percent of THOSE guys.

Who are some of the best athletes (not players or skilled individuals, just strictly athletes) of the last 20 years or so? Off the top of my head I can think of Vince, LaVine, Aaron Gordon, Gerald Green.

lebron is pretty much the Platonic ideal of an athlete

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Lebron and Javale are both freaks. Russ Westbrook is a robot.

I always thought Shannon Brown was one of those ridiculously explosive dudes too. He's kinda in the Gerald Green category.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Durant is the human torch and it's amazing. I hadn't looked at his stats so far this season, but he's shooting 57% from the field. I would have guessed even higher.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

morestuff posted:

Undefeated at home with a huge MOV, 1-7 on the road. And our defense still sucks.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
https://twitter.com/NBAWind/status/799847593958408193

well i don't like this one bit.

edit: he also played under 25 mpg after the break last year so malone's just full of poo poo

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Nov 19, 2016

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Undefeated at home with a huge MOV, 1-7 on the road. And our defense still sucks.

The pistons are like 7th in defense

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Cool Buff Man posted:

https://twitter.com/NBAWind/status/799847593958408193

well i don't like this one bit.

edit: he also played under 25 mpg after the break last year so malone's just full of poo poo

Not sure I agree with the answer either, buy I appreciate a coach giving a real response to that question.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Not sure I agree with the answer either, buy I appreciate a coach giving a real response to that question.

yeah i appreciate that there's even something to get angry about instead of just guesswork but... JOKIC IS MY BOY

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Casspi has to be getting traded soon.

http://cowbellkingdom.com/omri-casspi-dave-joerger-havent-talked-since-preseason/

quote:

Earlier this week, head coach Dave Joerger held a team meeting to announce his permanent rotation going forward. Casspi was nowhere on it. He was asked if he had gotten any kind of explanation or one-on-one time with Joerger.

"We haven’t talked since preseason. It was a team-wide meeting only,” Casspi said...

In last night’s post-game press conference, Joerger was asked if he considered replacing the struggling Rudy Gay with Casspi.

You want me to give him some of Rudy’s minutes? Yeah, that’s not happening,” Joerger said.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Isn't this like the 5th year in a row that there's Casspi trade drama

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Has anyone started Dave Joerger anti-Semitism rumors yet?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Has anyone started Dave Joerger anti-Semitism rumors yet?

No, Israeli sports news has just been making up lovely trade ideas and reporting them as news, just like Western sports media.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Cool Buff Man posted:

yeah i appreciate that there's even something to get angry about instead of just guesswork but... JOKIC IS MY BOY

Everyone must now lay claim to your Official NBA Boy

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

Andre Drummond is my designated Large Son

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever
I'm getting Embiid before everybody else does

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Domantas Sabonis is my boy

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Criminal Minded posted:

I'm getting Embiid before everybody else does

gently caress.

I'll settle for Giannis

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I'm already sharing custody of my son Kristaps :[

Noctone posted:

lebron is pretty much the Platonic ideal of an athlete

Spite posted:

Lebron and Javale are both freaks. Russ Westbrook is a robot.

I always thought Shannon Brown was one of those ridiculously explosive dudes too. He's kinda in the Gerald Green category.

These are the right answers ! Also basically anyone under 6ft in the NBA has to be superhuman to keep up. Nate Robinson was a freak of freaks. Shane Larkin sucks but cot dang lookit him float in the air
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95Aslkxv6hs

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

mkg is my son who i care very deeply for and treat like a wounded duckling at all times

Boredumb
Mar 10, 2005

I am claiming the true savior of Los Angeles, Resedas own, Nick Young.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rudy Gay is literally having one of the best seasons of his career lmao. in what world is he struggling.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Rubio and I are having a sleep over where we watch all the original star wars back to back to back and our moms gave us as much soda and reeses peanut butter cups as we want and in the morning we are getting donuts.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

NickRoweFillea posted:

Danny Green Is My Boy.

e: just realized he's 29 my boy is all grown up but he's still got that boyish feel, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Paul Zuvella posted:

Rudy Gay is literally having one of the best seasons of his career lmao. in what world is he struggling.

Yeah Rudy and Boogie are killing it. Meanwhile Ty Lawson went 0-fer in three of four games in a stretch last week.

• Locked thread